Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

Great staff and good kitchen to cook, the only thing that kinda sucked was the door in the kitchen being closed from 11pm until the next day at 3pm so you had to walk around outside and buzz to get in, in order to enter back into where my room was from the common room

Great hostel! Wonderful location and atmosphere is also great. It is extremely easy to meet people and we received free drink tickets on our arrival.

They have a huge common room and breakfast was good! It's located near a station but a bit far from the central of the city. Security was perfect. They gave me a lot of tips that I ask about.

The hostel has a really cool atmosphere downstairs, but unfortunately the lack of an age limit means this was ruined the second I got to my room! The hostel is also fairly far out from the city, but is very close to the metro station.

Great place.

Pretty comfortable stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. Tv room, kitchen, dining room, and spaces to meet people. Bed was uncomfortable and loud. Overall, great stay.

This place was kind of weird. I didn't feel safe in this area of the city. I always made a mad dash to the metro entrance 5-10 minutes away and rode into the better areas of town. This has a protected entrance, but you push a buzzer and wait for them to let you in, and they weren't always the most prompt. The two buildings connect via the kitchen, which closes before 7 (I think) and after 11, so you have a separate, isolated entrance then. Just didn't feel safe as a single girl.

Not bad experience!! A little far from the downtown, however, there is a subway station around the hostel, which is convenient to go to the city centre. Staff is good, breakfast is fine, atmosphere is OK

Overall, our stay was great! The hostel has a ton of stuff to do inside and is really comfortable. The staff are low-interaction but helpful. One annoying thing is that they close the internal doors at 23:00. So you must exit the common area and go in a back door to your room.

Great value for money, easy metro ride to everywhere.

We loved our stay in hostel colours! The rooms were nice and the bathrooms were clean. The common room had a realy nice atmosphere and breakfast opened our day just right. Will defenatly come back.

45min walk from train station, staff were chatty and nice. Clean room, nice breakfast.

The staff was unwelcoming in general. The room was supposed to be a superior double room. However, It was a bunk bed with a double mattress in the bottum. Twenty minutes before check out we were surprised by the cleaning staff that just opend the doors even without knocking. From a Scandinavian frame of reference the breakfast was very poor. "paper"-cheese, only white wheat bread and bad juice and coffee. The experince could have fair if the price weren't as high as it was for the room.

Thank you very much for your comment, we will work to improve still. Your comments will serve to improve, I hope to have in the future to us to show you the progress that we thank you. Best regards The Holder Umberto Ciribuchi

At first, We did not feel that the neighborhood was really safe. However, the hostel has good security rules/facilities, and lockers for everyone. The hostel is very very clean, and the staff was really nice. We booked a 4 beds female dorm and were upgraded to a private room (2 twin beds). The breakfast was perfect! The two main downfalls were that the wifi is only available in common rooms and the kitchen is only open from 3pm to 11pm.

I was supposed to fly into Milan after a trip abroad, but live quite a way out of Milan so I decided to stay the night there and booked this hostel a couple days before. I ended up extending my trip and I emailed the hostel the night I was supposed to check in, asking if there was anyway they can move my booking to a few days later. they did it, no problems, and everyone was friendly and helpful. showers and bathrooms were clean, as were the rooms. I'd definitely stay again.

I loved Hostel Colour! The were friendly helpful it's a min walk the nearest metro station.

they said that it was able to pay with credit card.... they never fix ther credit card machine. I had go out, find a bank, they charde me internacional fee for taking money in a ATM.

• 27th May 2015
  • Mexico

Quite far out of the city. Couldn't pay with card as the Eftpos machine was broken and I didn't have cash on me. Lockers were excellent. Only issue was that the bathroom was quite muddy, although not surprising when you have 10 people in one room sharing a bathroom.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »