Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

One main issue. It was 35 degrees, we were on the top floor and the air conditioning unit didnt work. The room was utterly SWELTERING. They did try to fiddle with it and told us to leave the doors closed and one staff member who came up at 1am to try and adjust it refused to believe we'd had the doors closed. One couple left and demand their money back and went elsewhere. Also the shower was a bit ridiculous. Once you turned it to anywhere other than cold there was virtually no water.

An OK hostel. It would have been nice if the AC worked when it was blistering hot. We didn't get any sleep through the night.

We stayed here one night because we randomly got stuck in milan last minute. We arrived late and the staff was okay. Not friendly not rude the reviews made this place sound alright. The showers were so dirty and clogged with hair you had to turn it off so it didn't over flow. The room was so hot you were dripping sweat by the morning. No wifi in the rooms. If your looking for a hostel in milan for their price you can find much better! Unless you like sleeping in a sauna then here is perfect

Nice Place

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

no air conditioner during the hot summer. no guest kitchen. the hostel is really old in average. the only good thing is the location which is quite close the metro station. will nevwr choose thia hostel again.

Was only there one night but had a great time great staff and people I met were awesome also very close to somegood nightlife

Clean hostel, pretty far from the center. Good metro-connection, but metro service ends early. Taxi ride can take you +- 20 eur. Breakfast is included in the prices, but ends at 9.30, so I missed it everytime. Check-out at 10, so very early as well. Not many people in common area, you can hardly buy a beer, and you are kicked out around midnight.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Wasn't super impressed with anything in particular. Maybe we came on a strange day, or maybe it is just the nature of Milan but the atmosphere was a little dull despite the vibrant design and a little dreary overall. Overall I felt safe and it was right near a metro stop which was nice. Staff were friendly enough and the free breakfast was a good bonus. Otherwise its on the lower end of the hostels I've been too. Would probably try something else next time I go to Milan.

Very good hostel that facilitated the contact to other guests with their comfortable common areas. There is most of the time some music in the entrance and common areas that is not too loud. Rooms are clean and air conditioned. Staff was always helpful

The directions to the hostel is a little confusing, but still near to Lambrate FS metro station nonetheless. Facilities are okay, but the wifi is only usable in the common area, which is a minus. Staff is okay as well, not unfriendly, but not too friendly as well.

I walked into this Hostel expecting a brilliant and vibrant environment filled with every colour in the seeable light spectrum. What I found was nothing but cream coloured walls and the occasional coffee coloured lounge. I was really looking forward to something other than the numerous boring grey and dull buildings littered around Milan, but alas Hostel Colours should really be renamed Hostel 'We can't imagine painting these walls anything but cream! Atmosphere was also very moon like.

This was by far the worst hostel I have stayed in on this trip. If you're looking for a pillow that feels like it's filled with rocks, a scratchy blanket and terrible mattress, this is the place for you. No wifi in the room. No lights in the hallway outside the room to even find the door. Located almost an hour walk from the city center. And unless you bring earplugs or headphones, the sound of Mosquitos flying near your ear will keep you up. And Mosquitos were in the shower. Staff was rude.

Certainly no complaints here. Just a pretty good hostel. Decent pricing and facilities and close to metro stops etc. No wifi outside of the common area, not the most vibrant atmosphere but I don't feel like my money was wasted.

I had a most enjoyable time at the hostel. the staff were wonderful. The only difficult thing was finding the hostel at the start. It has the name on the front but you can easily pass by without seeing it. I suggest a sign nearer the pavement would be a big help. It is near the metro and a wonderful location and easy to get to. It was in a quiet street and for an oldie like me just perfect.

Close to train station, nice restaurants nearby, ask for a room with a bathroom and not a bathroom down the hall, Casey (at the front desk) is nice! Breakfast was uhhhh......, I love the big lockers.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This place was everything I need it to be but the shower(s) was broken, staff were not great at times. Location is good cause its near a train but not very central without public transportation.

I liked this hostel, but I was not pleased when they charged me €2 to call a cab, it felt wrong & it meant my key deposit was somehow reduced, but apart from that I would recommend it

I booked a private room for 2. The room is quite big and the shower is also comfortable. You have to take the metro to and from the hostel as it is quite far away from the main sights. There was 24 hour security which is satisfying.

everything good, except breakfast

• 30th May 2014
  • Portugal

Hostel is far from centre, but if you read reviews prior, this shouldn't be a shock! Its proximity to the Metro is perfect and makes it easy to get around Milano. Check in was at 2pm sharp, not any earlier, even though rooms were ready. Didn't get to my room until almost 3pm as the staff member was overwhelmed with people checking in. My room was on the second floor and I had too many occasions when there was a "private" barrier in the way of the stairs up. Bar/common room had no atmosphere.