Hostel Colours Reviews

Via Desiderio, 24, Milan, Italy

I had a most enjoyable time at the hostel. the staff were wonderful. The only difficult thing was finding the hostel at the start. It has the name on the front but you can easily pass by without seeing it. I suggest a sign nearer the pavement would be a big help. It is near the metro and a wonderful location and easy to get to. It was in a quiet street and for an oldie like me just perfect.

Close to train station, nice restaurants nearby, ask for a room with a bathroom and not a bathroom down the hall, Casey (at the front desk) is nice! Breakfast was uhhhh......, I love the big lockers.

• 2nd Jun 2014

This place was everything I need it to be but the shower(s) was broken, staff were not great at times. Location is good cause its near a train but not very central without public transportation.

I liked this hostel, but I was not pleased when they charged me €2 to call a cab, it felt wrong & it meant my key deposit was somehow reduced, but apart from that I would recommend it

I booked a private room for 2. The room is quite big and the shower is also comfortable. You have to take the metro to and from the hostel as it is quite far away from the main sights. There was 24 hour security which is satisfying.

everything good, except breakfast

• 30th May 2014
  • Portugal

Hostel is far from centre, but if you read reviews prior, this shouldn't be a shock! Its proximity to the Metro is perfect and makes it easy to get around Milano. Check in was at 2pm sharp, not any earlier, even though rooms were ready. Didn't get to my room until almost 3pm as the staff member was overwhelmed with people checking in. My room was on the second floor and I had too many occasions when there was a "private" barrier in the way of the stairs up. Bar/common room had no atmosphere.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant. Thank you very much Hostel colours

I definetely recommend this hostel. It's well located, close to the tube station. Very clean, safe, with good lockers. Great breakfast... There is a cheap machine with snacks, coffee etc (perfect for late dinner, when everything around is closed). Nice common area :)

Good: Free breakfast and having lights and plug sockets by every bed Bad: unpleasant location and a very noisy room, because of street noise and room design (loudest lockers ever). The bunks were so flimsy I felt every tiny move from the person on the top bunk. One member of staff was patronising and unhelpful when I was upset that I couldn't pay by card as stated on the website, and later gave the wrong info about strikes. And whatever Milan might think of itself, it's just not worth it.

4 Metro stops away from Central Station (and the hostel is only 1 street away from Metro stop) but it's a really lonely area. Even in daytime. Breakfast was for a hostel great. Unfortunately no athmosphere in the common area. The rooms where in the building beside the building with the coomon room. Only one key for the room. I had had to ring a bell when I want to enter one of the buildings. Big room and bathroom ensuite for 6 people, cozy bed. Staff was okay

Directions on HostelWorld a little off with two options to get there from the subway station; if you leave Lambrate FS station from the Pacini exit, you have to turn 180 after the stairs leaving the subway, then yes, Desiderio is 2nd st. on right. Also not quite 200m -but idk metric. Staff could have been more friendly but all else was quite nice. Clean, almost institutional, with lots of beds, and a patronizing staff. Open 24 hours but you need to be buzzed in and out to leave and enter.

• 27th May 2014

Part of the staff are not kind at all. They don't respect the limit hour at night, kicking you out of it at 1am. That's why you can't get a good atmosphere.

No WiFi at all in the rooms, only in reception. Staff was alright, not really friendly or welcoming except for one woman I met. The location was a bit far, but close to one of the bus stops that took you straight to the Duomo and back. Also close to the metro station. Bathrooms were ensuite and nice and big. Cheap hostel, alright facilities.

It's quite easy to go there from the train station, just a few stops with the metro plus 10 minutes walking. Has a nice atmosphere inside. Breakfast is also included, you have yo like sweets for breakfast though. Personal is nice, facilities are good.

Fantastic location only a five minute walk to the beach. Great bar which serves good cheap food. Staff are so helpful and help you organise your whole time in Nice

Too bad there is no wifi in the room, the only staff that was helpfull and serving with smile all the time is Cassey

Its a good hostel to stay (:

Location is fair. Stay was fairly nice. staff very helpful.

Initially booked this hostel but they oversold so I was moved to a hostel a couple of blocks .. I kept breakfast in Colours which was very good and staff is helpful and friendly. Could n't meet many people since the other hoster had no common area and peopla was staying just for 1 night mostly.