Hostel Cork City Reviews

Meade Street, Sullivan's Quay, Cork, Ireland

The main woman working there at reception is super kind and courteous. She was very helpful and the hostel was really nice too.

Good desk and storage in room, also it was nice to have free milk, bread, tea, coffee etc in the kitchen

• 9th Sep 2013

I was due to arrive after 9pm due to delays on the railway system, and upon emailing the hostel in the hope of it being read around 7pm at night explaining my predicament, Heloise was more than accommodating and arranged to stay back and wait for me. I was extremely grateful! She didn't even begrudge the fact that it was almost 1030pm by the time I turned up... I'm very impressed!

• 5th Sep 2013

#2 Bathroom flooding after shower, couldn't use it. Enjoyed our stay :)

• 23rd Aug 2013

This hostel is perfect if you want some privacy and are not really the partying type. We didn't even see any other guests. The appartments are clean and basic, but the common area is very nice! You don't see any staff though, apart from the check-in. On our last night the fire alarm went off in our kitchen but we couldn't reach anyone. We even tried to call a number in case of fire alarm, but no one answered.. Apart from that, everything was great. Basic but clean bathroom. Good hostel.

A beautiful hostel. Can't recommend it highly enough!

bathroom get wet when you take a shower and the sink was very small and low

• 16th Aug 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Best hostel we had in Ireland, thanks ! Really clean room, with space, good ensuite, very good wifi, towels provided, nice staff, 1min walk from the center of Cork. The only unpleasant thing for my boyfriend, was the springs in the bed, but I didn't even notice them.

Had a great stay at Hostel Cork. The staff were super friendly, the room was very clean and the location was ideal! Was my first time staying at a hostel and I'd highly recommend it :)

Staff was very nice but not very knowledgeable about attractions, etc.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Switzerland

We enjoyed your stay in the Hostel very much. Placed Just 100 meters from the english market we did't lose time on walking long distances to reach the citys sights and nightlive. Everything was very clean and we liked the possiblity for self catering which helped to stay in the buget. Wir haben unsere Zeit in dem Hostel sehr genossen. Weil es nur 100 meter vom English Market entfernt is must wir keine langen Wege zu den Sehenswürdigkeiten und Bars zurück legen. Alles war sehr Sauber.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

These modern apartments are well fitted out, clean and just a few minutes walk from the centre of Cork. As with any other communal living situation, the morons who think only of themselves can spoil paradise itself, and they do, with slamming doors, loud conversations etc. I had a comfortable, safe stay and would book there again. If only I could guarantee to be there when the morons are at home!!!!

Kitchen well equipped with plates/bowls/saucepans/cutlery nut no utensils.

• 5th Aug 2013

All kitchens including that of apartment 7 carry a full range of cooking utensils. However they are not located in the cutlery drawer, they have a drawer of there own.

Perfectly located to explore cork city and the facility's were 5 star, would stay there again no problem.

The place was awesome! Best hostel that I stayed in during my vacation. Great rooms. Very relaxing. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

No hot water in the morning, cold shower on a Sunday is not the best start, noisy rooms and poor breakfast are definitely the bad points, good location though, it's fine for a couple of days.

• 2nd Aug 2013

We stayed there for one night but had a very good stay. The staff was kind and the hostel is very near the center. The breakfast was toast and coffee so we decided to go outside (we wanted something more consistent). We had a problem with the shower (no hot water) but we were refund in part for our trouble. All in all we will go back there if we return to Cork.

Very clean and well-maintained, great location. I think it would suit a large group better than individuals or couples - there's not much soundproofing between the rooms / doors. Nice staff.

• 27th Jul 2013

We slept only one night in this hostel. We had to put a sleepingbag over the matras to cover the bedsprings. But we slept well and it was very convinient that we could check in so late, after eleven. Thanks Frederique en Nan

• 26th Jul 2013

Its a great hostel in the city center, even though is in the center of the city there is not noise at all so you can chill out while you are there. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room, bathroom, kitchen and living room were very clean and well furnished. Good value for money!

« first « Prev 1 2 3