Hostel Cosmopolitan Reviews

No. 73 & 75 Jalan Haji Hussein, Off JalanRajaMuda Abdul Aziz,Chow Kit/Kampung Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Not bad. Not too good. The point is you got what you pay for. Not more nor less.

This is my second time staying here. I met the hostel owner this time and he is quite nice, as is Abdul, the foreigner who works there part time. The other staff members are frosty but not mean. The bathrooms should be cleaner!

It was wonderful to stay in this hostel. The rooms are quite nice, with comfortable beds. The bathrooms may have a few problems, but it's still fine! They have a very nice kitchen, and a lovely living room. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the staff is quite helpful and always fair. The price on the internet and the price at the hostel counter are different if you have no booking though...

The hostel is decorated with many maps and look very nice. It's clean, but there is no toilet paper and bathroom is not so nice.

The room was without window and there was mold on the wall. This we did not expect. It was not possible to sleep without running AC because the air in the room was so bad. On the other hand the location of the hostel and the security was good. I think, for 55 ringit per night you can not expect better conditions in KL. Outside we had better hostels for 40 t0 70 ringit.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel was really nice for its price. The staff was nice and provided a lot of information for sightseeing in KL. Location is good, really close to MRT station but my Malaysian friend told me that Chow Kit area, where the hostel is located, is shady part of KL. So be careful although I did not feel unsafe at all.

close to the monorail station. Easy access to the main sites, especially close to the Petronas towers.

Nothing provided, neither blankets nor toilet paper but what do you expect for the price. It is great value for money

Excellent security, good showers. In 12 bed dorm near every bed there is power socket which is awesome (especially after hostels in Vietnam, where you sometimes cannot find more 4 in total (in 12 bed dorm).Didn`t like that I was charged for printing out boarding tickets. Don`t remmeber how much it was but I wasn`t happy, that`s for sure. Especially cause so many hostels would print few pages free of charge, just to make you happy and satisfied with the hostel. But definitely good value for money

great place with the cheap price.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Very cheap hostel but you get what you pay for. No blankets, no toilet paper ... Also the atmosphere was the poorest so far in SEA .. Location is quite alright but off the radar. It was fine for the last two days to overbridge the time and the cheapest option. However, if you want to have some fun and a nice time in KL, there are loads of other places (of course pricier)

Beside Chow Kit monorail so it's easy to get around. Everything is pretty average but for the price it's definitely good value.

staff could be more pleasant.few more chairs in tv area too,would be nice.but decent overall.

First everything seemed to look ok: room was clean and wifi worked fine. Just before our check out I've discovered that my shoes (left on a shelf next to the hostels door, it's hostels policy) disappeared. Some drunk guest could took them (an old sandals!), so I ask the stuff for help: there is a lot of CCTV in the building. Unfortunately noone was interested to help me. More - when i came back next day I found that they took off my note about missing sandals. There was no single "We're sorry"..

This place is right next to Chow Kit, which is convenient. If you are staying here because it's so cheap, beware that you're probably not really saving any money as you have to pay extra for blankets, toilet paper, adapters, and even use of dvd's in the common room. It's an okay place to sleep but I was glad that they upgraded me to the female dorm and I will probably look for somewhere else if I stay in KL again.

I stayed in the female dorm. This and most of the hostel spaces were quite clean. The exception is the bathroom. It wasn't ghastly, but it could have been better. Abdul, the part-time staff person there, was very helpful. He showed me how to get to the Batu caves an gave me advice for Thailand, my next destination. The one annoyance about the hostel is how many things they charge for: towels, blankets, toilet paper, etc. I've stayed in cheaper places that didn't charge for these things.

Friendly staff, clean and value for money I recommend it

Safe secure place to stay and so near the monorail that it is easy to get around KL.

what I can say is that, the hostel cosmpolitan is absolutely a perfect budget hostel to everybody, especially for tourist like me.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

I like this place. leaving from here, crying. in the beginning have not figured out in the area. especially after Singapore. but we are used to. and liked it. at this price is a great place. nearby shops. Many places to eat. Mr. Djingle hello! Thank you.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels