Hostel Cosmopolitan Reviews

No. 73 & 75 Jalan Haji Hussein, Off JalanRajaMuda Abdul Aziz,Chow Kit/Kampung Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It was my worst experience in the whole trip in Asia. Please read carefully so that you will not be sent to the streets at night, made to pay without sleeping there, and to be suffered an affront.I wanted to stay for a night but I couldn't book for a night cause it was not allowed. I booked for two nights and thought I can talk. when I arrived around 11p.m.I explained my situation but the owner was extremely rude and just cause he wasn't in the mood he shouted,threw my passport away and kickedme

The place from downstair look awful and bad smell when I go 4th floor, It's look friendly place but they don't have key for room, no security. The price is very cheap you're right but compare with many this you should find another place.

SERIOUS PLUMBING ISSUES!! Seriously there was even a day when there was NO WATER and they offered refunds for water purchased from outside with a receipt as a substitute. C'mon, not only is the plumbing uncomfortable but the upkeep for the bathroom is nonexistent. I wouldn't recommend at all.

Nice hostal and friendly people, Mike is very attempt and the location is good 10min to the Chinatown by walk and 5 min to the underground.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Stayed there for two nights. Really old place and don't expect anything as the price tells everything. Although really cheap, you have to end up paying for everything including toilet paper, soap, pad lock for locker, towel etc. not a place to chill out, but for one night really cheap bed where mattress is uncomfortable.

The room I stayed in was a 10 bed dorm . The room was clean. The showers are good, offering both hot and cold water. The kitchen is great, you can cook whatever you want, get hot water, filtered drinking water and a fridge to keep your food. The wifi worked alright abd there's a desktop computer if you need though it can be busy most of the time. The downside was that the bathrooms weren't in good condition and my room had water leaking from the AC which was a bit bothering.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Egypt

This place was really cheap, but my room had no window, which made it really stuffy. The place was dirty and the blankets smelled like urine, you had to pay for your own toilet paper and the kitchen smelled like mold with very few utensils for people to use. The location was far away from everything and even though there was a market right next door, the area felt very unsafe, even during the day and especially for a solo-female traveler. I booked 5 nights and only stayed 2.

This hostel is good. There are so many different public transportation available within 3 minutes walk. LRT is the handiest one. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. I stayed 2 nights in 12 bed mixed dorm which is fairly ok for the price. The cleanliness is overall good. What I love the most was the kitchen which allowed me to cook cheap food. Overall, I enjoyed it.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

Extremely good value! Markets with great food are very close. Cute cat. The entrance is a bit off putting. I found it strange that the dorm room I stayed in had a camerea

This hostel is ok, looks terrible from the outside though. 4th floor looked nice but unfortunately we stayed on 3rd floor. The room had no door, and the bathroom was miles away. My main problem with this hostel is that it has CCTV in the rooms, which I found completely inappropriate, especially seeing as it was so extremely hot in the room with no windows, it's impossible to sleep in clothes. if you dont mind that then it's good value for money. Staff not very friendly

Kindly note that the CCTV is located inside a Mixed Dorm and NOT a Private Rooms, where these 2 guests had stayed. The dorm room was naturally "hot" as guest booked the cheapest Dorm with no Air-conditioner, which does actually has a Window despite what guest claimed. At the time the hostel had approximately 40 guests staying over, mixing around & friendly towards our staff & fellow guests. However these complainants chose to just stay in the dorm all by themselves.

Clean hostel with very friendly staff. Wasn't 100% on the location but perfect for public transport.

The hostel is close to the metro, but in a poorly marked, old, sketchy building. The facilities are minimal- everything from a blanket to toilet paper is an extra charge. The staff were rude and incompetent. The matresses are are very uncomfortable- springs jabbing everywhere. Awful.

Our investigation revealed that guest made a request that she be accompanied by our Front Office staff to the street until a taxi arrives. Obviously upset when this request was denied, as it was deemed unnecessary. One can get a taxi within just a few minutes & there was no reason whatsoever to have our staff be the "bodyguard". Kindly note that we do not provide chaperone service here.

So good for your money! Amazingly cheap but better than half the hostels we've stayed in! Rooms and bathrooms were standard, had a kitchen which was great so we could cook cheap meals and keep milk and stuff. Really cute living area with a tv you can rent films and a free computer you can use which was great for sorting photos and stuff. Good location right next to MRT station so can get the train to anywhere really quickly. Right next door to 7/11 which is always handy!

We are glad guest had a good stay at Cosmopolitan. We try to provide all your needs at minimal charges.

for the price ok!

Cheap hostel, so maybe it's good value for money. Staff didn't showed the place, you have to find out yourself. No warm welcome. Didn't like the atmosphere (there was none), only a few other travellers. Not clean! I made a booking for two nights, but left after the first, they couldn't give my money back. Too bad! Hostel is quite far from the city centre, close to a monorail station thou. Maybe ok for 1 night, but I wouldn't recommend the place!

• 3rd Jun 2015

very good for the price, good wifi, good areas to hang out, toillets were almost ok....

- No keys for the room so we can't locked it - Worst matress ever, we really feel the springs of the matress - Staff not friendly

• 19th May 2015

Good setup. Very thin walls. Bed was good. Wifi was good. Very close to chow kit monorail stop and lots of good cheap food. Book exchange. They do have a cat, but it doesnt go in the rooms and we had no problems despite being allergic.

Nicehostel very easy to find near hostel many food court

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

wifi was hit and miss and our air-con would continuously turn itself off throughout the night... BUT KITTENS!! All is forgiven.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels