Hostel Cosmopolitan Reviews

No. 73 & 75 Jalan Haji Hussein, Off JalanRajaMuda Abdul Aziz,Chow Kit/Kampung Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The hostel is close to the metro, but in a poorly marked, old, sketchy building. The facilities are minimal- everything from a blanket to toilet paper is an extra charge. The staff were rude and incompetent. The matresses are are very uncomfortable- springs jabbing everywhere. Awful.

So good for your money! Amazingly cheap but better than half the hostels we've stayed in! Rooms and bathrooms were standard, had a kitchen which was great so we could cook cheap meals and keep milk and stuff. Really cute living area with a tv you can rent films and a free computer you can use which was great for sorting photos and stuff. Good location right next to MRT station so can get the train to anywhere really quickly. Right next door to 7/11 which is always handy!

for the price ok!

Cheap hostel, so maybe it's good value for money. Staff didn't showed the place, you have to find out yourself. No warm welcome. Didn't like the atmosphere (there was none), only a few other travellers. Not clean! I made a booking for two nights, but left after the first, they couldn't give my money back. Too bad! Hostel is quite far from the city centre, close to a monorail station thou. Maybe ok for 1 night, but I wouldn't recommend the place!

• 3rd Jun 2015

- No keys for the room so we can't locked it - Worst matress ever, we really feel the springs of the matress - Staff not friendly

• 19th May 2015

Good setup. Very thin walls. Bed was good. Wifi was good. Very close to chow kit monorail stop and lots of good cheap food. Book exchange. They do have a cat, but it doesnt go in the rooms and we had no problems despite being allergic.

Nicehostel very easy to find near hostel many food court

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Indonesia

wifi was hit and miss and our air-con would continuously turn itself off throughout the night... BUT KITTENS!! All is forgiven.

Stayed 2 nights-double room/ensuite. Bed was OK, slept over sheets + small fleece blanket. AC + Fan worked well. Shower had good pressure. Enough space. Small lockers in public area. No window/table/chair. Kitchen was small-average, enough cutlery/crockery, unlimited filtered water. TV area not busy, few chairs/pillows. Staff was nice. Smoking area in stairwell 4m outside office no ventilation - not too smelly. Lift old but OK. Cat friendly. Wifi weak. Near stalls,shops, fruit market, monorail.

• 11th Apr 2015

Crowded and mixed culture. If you stay in dorm have to be ready to meet low educated people. So have to be ready for possible tensions. In my dorm stayed group of asian people who talked until 3 am and when finally they go sleep , they turned ON (!) radio. Also I heard shouting fight between man and reception man which was finished phrase " get out from my guesthouse!!!"

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Russia

Think this deserves a higher rating by far! Clean, cheap and a social area. Could have had a few more fans in the rooms but overall a nice hostel. Also close to wet market and loads of places to eat :)

It is an alright place. The staff is nice. No AC and weakest fan ever ! Next street very nice food market

The staff were very nice and friendly. Every day I walked through the hall way, we always say hi or chatting a bit. I will always miss my chibatta with them!! They are a very peaceful and respectful family also very helpful and friendly. Originally I only booked for a night (I just jumped off a train from KUL ) ,but had been stayed for total 12 days!!! booked a dorm bed, but the day only males, and lucky to upgrade to a single room. impressive to enjoy their traditional food, my bestie in bkk :D

cheap and in a neighborhood quite good if you want to meet locals. you have to pay for the bed, then everything is added cost. but cool for the price!

i stayed there last weekend with my friend. The hostel doesn't look nice from outside, but once you get in, it's definitely worth what you have paid. I highly recommend this hostel to those on budget trip. :D

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Good: cheap Short walk to train Bad: ac cools to about 25-28 degrees Water leaking everywhere in bathroom No tp without charge Overall: If youre going for cheap, its totally doable, but be prepared to sacrifice a bit on your expectations. If youre going for a nice experience, then you might wanna look elsewhere. I personally would stay here again, but i don't expect much from the cheaper hostels on this site.

Close to monorail station food stalls just in front, but area quite dirty and seedy. Lockers, kitchen, wifi available but sanitary facilities weren't inviting.

The hostel is pretty sketchy because the building itself is quite rundown but the price and staff were amazing! Location is alright because it's conveniently situated next to a monorail station and near a free bus stop. Lockers provided and you must enter a code to open the door. I do recommend this hostel and would stay there again.

I almost never saw the staff smile - especially the woman. You have to pay for a blanket and pay for toliet paper - in 9 months of travel I've never had to do that. However I would stay here again - good location with good food around. Super close to the metro. Has its own kitchen as well. Lots of information on the walls.

Hostel Cosmopolitan is a real bargain, and for the price a very good option for backpackers. It's also near to the monorail so it's easy to get around KL.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels