Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam

Very Good 721 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
18th May 2017
7.1

Hostels and hotels in Amsterdam are all hugely over-priced, and this place is no exception. A bunk in a 6 bed shared dorm here cost me more than a private room with private en-suite in any other European big city, so it's difficult to feel positive about the experience. Staff were very polite and helpful, and the location was good, but otherwise I paid far too much for a mattress in a room full of men who smelt of sweat, two of whom snored all night. I was very happy to leave!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
16th May 2017
8.0

Nice place located in a quieter part of the city, but still very close to everything especially the museum district (less than a 10 min walk). No large lockers available for bags, just small ones for valuables which we had to pay for. Friendly staff and nice facilities, but beds were very close together and there was minimal communal space.

• Argentina, Male, 18-24
13th May 2017
4.9

The cleaning service took my towel and in reception didn't give me any solution. there isn't locker for carryon or something big. You have to pay personal lockers and if you want to They keep your luggage after check out , you have to pay.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
3rd May 2017
6.9

Rooms are very cramped, no lockers in rooms and you have to hire one that is in the hall. Some beds we so low to the ground that you couldn't put bags under the beds therefore what little space there was was taken up with bags everywhere. Bed are very close. Hostel itself and bathrooms were clean. Good location. One guy at reception was very helpful that's other not overly. Showers on an automatics timer so they stop every minute until you press the tap on again. Overpriced for what you get.

• India, Male, 18-24
2nd May 2017

Had to stay for just one night in the city. It's a very clean, well located, super nice place if you need somewhere to crash for a few nights. The receptionists were super friendly and so was the cat! The beds are also decently comfortable and it's a great deal for the price in terms of comfort, hygiene and location.

15th Apr 2017
6.0

I stayed here on Easter weekend, so prices were drastically inflated. Though I booked a couple weeks before, and it's in Amsterdam, so I have myself to blame. This hostel is pretty minimal: bed and shower. My room did not have lockers for bags (huge con), but there is 24 hour friendly staff with free storage lockers if you arrive early. The showers were clean with hot water, so no complaints there. If you're just looking for a cheap bed, this place works.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Apr 2017

This was the first hostel I stayed at and it's what I expected. Tight rooms, but clean.

8th Apr 2017
5.7

There is no common area. I stayed in a full 10 or 12 bed dorm, and I was the only girl they put in the room. I'm fine with mixed dorm of course since that's what I signed up for, but that is not MIXED... And on top of the place already being expensive, I had to pay 5-6€ to leave my bag the day I checked out and still was told I had to pick it up by 5:00pm. You must also pay to lock your stuff up. There's like 1 bathroom per 20+ people. Just not worth it. Staff was nice however.

8th Apr 2017
6.0

I paid 82€ for a bed in a 12-bed dorm so it definitely wasn't even close to worth the money. It's a bit out of town, but easy to get to by tram. My room was stuffy and warm. The beds were labeled with a small piece of duct tape on the pole, making it difficult to find. The staff were super nice and helpful!

7th Apr 2017
6.9

No common room=0 atmosphere -don't go here when you are traveling alone. Clean bathrooms, wifi was okay but not perfect, Staff nice but they have very weird policies regarding luggage storage -you pay 3€ extra but not only that you can also just store it for 6h. Check out is 10am(!) =no longer than 4pm - I had an event and told them I can't make it back before 8pm. They made me feel very uncomfortable. Location pretty far outside -1 night is okay w/o luggage but overall it's not worth it. Avoid!