Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hotel COSMOS is cheap, the staff is very friendly and helping, it's quite central, the corridor painted in vivid blue and vivid pink are more colorful than most streets of Amsterdam so considering the value for money, I don't mind paying 3 E for luggage storage. It's only fair. Besides Samba had a nap on my lap. Uh...Samba is a cat.

The staff at cosmos is fantastic. So welcoming and so very kind.

• 28th Oct 2014

The Cosmos Hostel is very good if you are a group of friends just looking for somewhere to sleep. It's not far from the center (20min walking). I advice you to take a private room in order to have your own bathroom ; you have also to know that the rooms are quite small. Otherwise, it's not the hostel of the year but for the price it is good enough !

This is hands down the worst hostel, I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in quite a few. Upon arrival, we checked in very late at night after a long day. There were several mice crawling on my bed and when I addressed the issue, they did absolutely nothing to fix the problem and it only got worse. It was impossible to sleep at this hostel. Unorganized, lazy and terrible staff.

Dear guest, We have already responded to your friend, who wrote a similiar review. We have done our best to help during your stay. You even confirmed this during your stay. So we find it a shame, you now react this way. But it is okay;) We enjoyed having you and friends as our guests. We still hope you enjoyed Amsterdam! Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Stayed in a room and couldn't sleep due to the mice in the room. Wasn't offered a refund or anything. The location was okay and there was one helpful staff member, but overall this hostel is not worth a stay. I wouldn't stay there again if it was free. Nobody seemed to be concerned that the guests were dealing with mice.

• 24th Oct 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your stay. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We take these things very serious and have directly checked the room and did not found the mouse. We have made an appointment with a company that deals with these problems. But you have checked out before this. We thought we helped out by given you another room. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Great place to stay for people wanting to just get up an explore the city. It's very basic but if you only want a place to rest your head at night it's ideal.

• 24th Oct 2014

the guy who checked us in on Friday night was very sweet, patient, and helpful :)

• 24th Oct 2014

Hi! Thanks for staying and kind words;) We also enjoyed having you as our guests:) Kindest regards, Cosmos staff

I was only there for a short stay, so I didn't get the full experience. But a great location and 24 hour staff which was useful.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Got some great advice of what to see in the city!! Loved the food tips! Simba rules. Bathrooms are few and small but hey, I never had to wait longer than 5 minutes to use one.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Hi! Thanks for the stay and comment! Most of our room have their own shower and toilet:) So as you said, usually it is no problem using the shared ones. Kind regards, Cosmos staff+Simba

The staff is rude. One day the internet wasn't working and when I try to talk to the guy that was on the recepion he told me "this is not about my business, I just follow what my boss tell" The day before he told to a brazilian girl "Your friends can't wait you on the reception, this is not a lounge". On the internet and on the hostel is "drug and drink allowed" but on hostel there is one advise that they will check you out in case of drink or smoke. WTF?

• 21st Oct 2014

Stayed at Cosmos with my brother and had a great time. Arrived on a different day, but the staff helped us out with everything. Small area to sit near reception, but kinda cozy too, with fearless SIMBA.......hahaha. They just got some new linen while we were there, so that was nice and a bit lucky.

Not enought space in the rooms and mattresses are encased in plastic so they can't breathe. Lazy staff, tha reception and lobby is closed sometimes till 8am, even you can't use it during the day someday.

Simba is great and really adds character to the place. Save and cheap place with lockers and camera.

Staff was extremely helpful, rooms were clean (despite a mouse sighting!), and the bathrooms were great.

Hi , Thanks for staying! One of the guests left the doors open from the terrace and food in the room. That is why we advise guests to not eat in the dorms. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Loveddddd Simba! cute little hostel and suprisingly clean. Save place and had some good sleep. Good linen provided

• 6th Oct 2014

Hi ! Thanks for the stay and comment;) Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Never coming back - staff incredibly rude, facilities lacking, bad experience. Arrived at 3am and they refused late checkout even though all they had to do was swap one sheet and pillowcase - fine. Then, accused us of lying when we refused to pay an extra €3 on top of the first €3 for holding our luggage longer, even though we were never informed of the extra cost. Every other hostel has offered this as a courtesy to guests, because it costs them nothing to do. Sucking as much money as possible.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay. We give all guests the same treatment and even if you arrive at 03.00 am, you are equal to the other guests. We also must clean every room. It would be impossible to function if every guest decides when to check out. Our rules are written in all of the rooms and hallways. Also info about check out and luggage is clearly mentioned. We still hope you enjoyed Amsterdam and wish you alle the best. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Avoid this hostel if you can. One bathroom per floor, not even divided by shower/toilet. Big lines in the morning. Charge for every little thing (lockers - which are small and in the hallway, luggage storage - and still only for a few hours, etc). No kitchen. No common area except a small area around the reception desk. Not sure what the normal prices are because it was a busy weekend in Amsterdam, but definitely not worth it for me.

Hi, Thanks for the stay and feedback. We never promised a kitchen and it was a very busy weekend and you actually had paid one of the cheapest prices in Amsterdam. We hope you still enjoyed Amsterdam!

Great place, great staff, enjoyed the city, met great people. The shower and toilet are too tiny thought. :)

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi, Thanks for your stay and comment! Was really nice to meet you:) Kindest regards, Cosmos staff

Showers were awful. It was like a little drizzle and the door doesn't close so the whole bathroom gets drenched, in fact the floor gets wetter than you! No wardrobe to hang clothes and no towels. Leather pillows are horrendous. Not that central location for how much it cost but the bike hire is there. I've never stayed in a hostel before so maybe I was expecting 2 much? But leather pillows nowhere 2 put clothes and a horrendous shower,and the hand towel was padlocked to the wall? Not for couples

• 27th Sep 2014

I arrived late to the hostel. A staff member was there and was super helpful and helped with everything I needed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3