Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam

Good 848 Total Reviews

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2017
2.9

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL! Me and my friend just after the check-in, when we entered the room, noticed a terrible smelling (a very strong chemical that nobody knew what was) and that the lockers were too small to fit our stuff (kinda like 30cmX30cm). We asked to cancel the other 2 nights (we were supposed to stay 3) n give us the money back and they simply said "no, the manager will solve it". To top it off, 5 days after that, not even any small answer from the manager...

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2017
6.6

Upsides: It's super conveniently located, literally right next to two tram stops. It's secure (with a locking front door that you must be buzzed in to get through), and is 24 hours, with no curfew! Downsides: My towel, my washcloth, and my soap all went missing within three days of staying there. It's super cramped, with tiny bathrooms and winding stairs. They also gave my bed away TWICE (without telling me, forcing me to move beds twice) while I was out during the day, on two different days.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
8th Sep 2017
6.6

Overall this hostel met all basic needs. Unfortunately there seemed to be a lot of disorganization when it came to the allocated beds. One day we were sleeping during the day due to being sick and the receptionist and cleaner came into our room and very loudly argued about the beds and which ones were meant to be checking out etc which I found to be very unprofessional and rude. Also didn't like having to pay for a locker and that there was only a multi box from one power point in the room

• willian_garcia
  • Brazil, Male, 25-30
5th Sep 2017
3.7

Horrible stay at this place, I had no sleep at all during the night, the rooms are like a sauna (we stayed in the fall, can't even imagine how it is in the summer) and packed, I stayed in the 12 dorm room and clearly the place is not suitable for 12 people, couldn't barely walk within the room, beds are not corfortable, no side light or sockets. Bathrooms are clean at least, but small. There's no lockers in the room only at the reception and they charge you 3 euros to use it..not worth staying.

• Portugal, All Female Group, 25-30
3rd Sep 2017
7.1

(+) Price/quality is ok. (-) The rooms were too hot so we had to open the windows and although it got a bit better, I've been biten several times by mosquitoes. (-) There is no place to rest or spend time besides the room. (-) Lockers are payed. And there is almost no space to put things in the room. (-) There is only 1 bathroom/floor

• Austria, Female, 18-24
22nd Aug 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. This part of the city is a safe area and the city centre is within walking distance. Friendly staff, very clean, relatively small rooms, the only thing we rather disliked was that we had to pay for the lockers and they also charged 3€ per bag/suitcase when we wanted to store them until the evening on the day of our departure.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2017
6.0

We stayed in the 12 bed dorm. There wasn't enough space between the beds, you could barely store your luggage. The beds weren't too good as well, they seemed unstable. The staff was friendly, but the amtosphere was a bit dull, as there was no common room. And it smelled weird, which really bothered me. You don't really get much for the price, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Portugal, Couple, 18-24
19th Aug 2017
7.4

It was super clean, and that is a very important factor. However, it lacked a very important thing: a common room. You can't just go to the hostel and sit for a bit with your friends if you are in separate rooms. Besides that, I also think that the price does not justify what you get. But then again, everything is this expensive in Amsterdam.

13th Aug 2017
4.6

Toilets broken, no lockers in the room, no suficient windows in the room.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
11th Aug 2017
2.9

Rude service, not helpful at all. Feel scammed

×