Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

But all is fine for my stay except for after checking out. I kindly asked the staff if I could wait at the 'common area' for a few hours before my flight in the evening and he replied "NO!?! You have to leave this place NOW, like, you can't stay here after checking out, you need to leave". I couldn't believe my ears. So I ended up seeking shelter at a Hotel nearby where they warmly welcome me at their lounge area for a few hours despite me not staying with them. Other staffs were nice though.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

There are no house rules, so if you're in common room en people are having their snooze on every 5 minutes, between 01:00 and 2:00 t night and leaving the light on untll you ask them to stop their snooze and dim the lights yourself they start having loud conversationshis it's your problem, rooms are really tiny and they smell bad because there's no circulation. not enough bread at breakfast and no other options (fruit, yoghurt)

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Nice hostel. But huge!! And there seems to be a lot of youn ( teens) / school trips ... So there are a lot of annoying drunk people telling. Also close to a club so if you are a light sleeper bear in mind there will be the unz unz of techno late into the night. Staff very helpful and nice, wifi works mostly but sometimes have to re log in or get a new password.

Hi Samantha! Thanks for your stay! We think you are talking about a different hostel haha. We are the opposite of the kind of hostel you are talking about. We are not located near a club and have an age limit. So no persons under 18 years and also no groups. Also we are drug- and smoke free hostel. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

The hostel's best point is its staff and location, I couldnt have seen most of Amsterdam without the help of the reception staff. The rooms have ensuit toilets, excellent wifi and are secure.

Hi Kahil, Thanks for the stay!

The booking was sort of confusing. I thought I was booking a 6-beds room and it turn out it was only a bood, Thus, making it very expensive towards what I planned.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Hi Roberto, Thank you for your stay! We did our best to help you out, but if you would divide the amount you thought you had to pay for 4 persons, it would not realistic for a bed in the weekend in Amsterdam. We think that your rating is not fair in this case. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Good place of you're looking for somewhere to sleep only, as they have no real common room and a tiny kitchen. The staff is nice and they have a lovely cat, which adds some character to this hostel. Well situated within minutes of the Museums plein.

The staff was really nice and helpful. They cared about me being comfortable and gave me a map with all the important sights highlighted. The only problem is they didn't clean the bathroom thoroughly enough but it was OK. Maybe someone pickier might have found it worse. Also it is not clear if they change the bed linens when someone leaves the hostel. Maybe they should give them to you to make the bed so you are sure no one has used them before.