Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The facilities were generally maintained and toilets/showers were actually quite clean however ONE bathroom shared for 20+ Guests is ridiculous.Strict check-out time makes it impossible to shower and leave at the same time. Staff was OK - polite at check-in however no flexibility or willingness to accommodate. A few girls were asking to leave their bags before their flight and receptionish refused - they offered to pay and even buy another bed but it was sold out. Very unwilling to accommodate.

• 6th Feb 2016

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay. We have rooms with own shower and bathroom, so the shared ones are not for 20+ guests.. We have on every floor showers and toilets, but at check out it happends that multiple guests wants to use at the same time just before check out time. So it can be busy, but during the day they are always available. The room you booked is our biggest dorm and cheapest and has no bathroom. Please check out our ensuite room next time to avoid ques for bathrooms;) Kind regards, Cosmos staff

The stuff wasn't friendly or helpfull. I think they have too many beds on each floor and only one bathroom.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay! We are sorry to hear that your experience was not as expected. We will contact you to see what exactly happenend. Most of our rooms have their own bathroom. Next time please check out our ensuite rooms;) Kind regards, Cosmos staff

The staff members were really rude, all of them. The hostel does not value the price per night. I had several problems during my stay. When i went to ask some questions they just said read the paper on the wall. I do not reccomend this hostel, It was without doubt the worst place that I ever stayed in terms of service. The hostel only has one toilet and one shower.

• Portugal

Dear Guest, We are sorry to read your review. However it is not right to blackmail our staff with bad reviews because they asked you to respect our houserules. Writing false reviews will not benefit others. Online you see we have multiple ensuite rooms, so no need to give false infomation. We also informed you that you have the cheapest and biggest dorm with no bathroom. Every floor we have showers and toilets that guests can use. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

cool place, pretty good location...wish they were a little more accommodating with backpacks and lockers

• 29th Jan 2016

I feel that it would benefit them to have more services included rather than charge for them.

• 29th Jan 2016

. A a , a a . . . , a , , . , , , , , .

• 13th Jan 2016

The staff were really rude. I wanted to leave my bags in the hostel before checkin so I could explore the city but they hung up on me and would even let me into the hostel until 1:30 on the dot. The stairs are incredible steep and hard to carry your luggage up and down.

Smelled bad in the entrance hall, no common room or place to go if you want to make a call and not disturb your roommates, no lockers in room, inconvienient location of outlets in room (couldn't charge by your bed), however beds were comfortable and if you don't spend much time in the hostel its fine. Staff was eh, they did their job and nothing more, very lethargic. Clean beds and decent location were what you paid for and nothing more. boring hostel wouldn't recommend

-Slept in a doubleroom. -Very noisy because of the thin windows and the street. -Tiny bathroom. -Matresses are very old.

• 3rd Jan 2016

This hostel have some good things, it is well located very closer to the museums which I enjoyed,, also is very secure, they ask you for you hostel card and check everybody, but that's it. I went there for the new year and of course it was really expensive for what you get, I understand that because of the date. But, it was really cold, the bathrooms weren't very clean and there aren't enough for so many people. Also needs a kitchen and a bigger common area (which now is the reception)

The smell of paint was suffocating because they were doing some renovation. Only 1 bathroom/toilet on each floor which is definitely not enough. You need to pay to store the luggage after checking out, and it's 3 euros only until 3pm. Common area is so small, it's not easy to meet other travelers if you're traveling alone.

good location but room smelt like onions and was nothing special

The washing basin is unbelievablly small, it is in the corner and I even cannot total reach it when washing my face. What's worse, the shower cannot constantly let the water go out, I have to continuously press the button every 3 or 4 seconds, and the water temperature cannot be completely controlled, sometimes too hot sometimes totally cold. And the room space is rather small, there is no table or closets to put my own things, I have only a bed. The only good thing would the location.

all positive experiences! very nice staff. tiny bathroom

• 3rd Dec 2015

The rooms were so small and cramped, but the staff was generally really nice to us except for the fact that we had to pay to keep our luggage there after we checked out.

Showers in my room broken and the top bed was way too high up, felt uncomfortable. Otherwise cool hostel with wonderful people working there!

As this was one of the cheapest hostels in Amsterdam, I didn't expect much. And I got exactly what I payed for. The upper beds should have some protection from the falling, and the staff is kinda uninterested, especially the lethargic guy who was there when I checked in.

Very friendly staff! Khalid spent a bit of time showing me where the good spots were on the map and also showed me around the city a little. Facilities were clean and good. I felt very safe there.

The hostel is really nice! I felt secured, the bathroom was clean, my room was good too. Besides, I just loved the location and I think the staff was really kind when I asked for tips. I think its a great idea to stay in cosmos hostel!

It was literally just a stay-there is no common area.the best service I received was before I got to the hostel; I was sending a couple emails before my arrival asking about directions. I also sent emails when I first booked with the hostel, and I wanted to say thank you very much for the speedy and helpful responses. It was once I got to the hostel that I wasn't pleased with the customer service. A young man called Kaleeb (spelling?) had a bad attitude with me. the rest of staff were just OK.

« first « Prev 1 2 3