Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Rooms were small and there was no space for luggage. Only one power point in the room, although there was a power board. Aside from this, it is quite a nice, clean hostel and a pleasant place to stay.

Good location - close to Van Gogh museum, rijksmuseum, I amsterdam sign, but far from train station. Staff weren't helpful - use a map and rely on yourself. Not much space in washrooms -no hooks/ shelves. Creepy men walk around in their underwear after showering. Kitchen was small and had bad facilities and no lockers in rooms. At 4 in the morning in my female dorm a make worker came in, turned the light on and was rummaging around the storage closet.Workers would come in room randomly.

Hi , We are suprised by your comment. We always give our guest a map and show all hotspots and give other tips. If we have forgotten you, just ask;) We did not know about about any creepy men, we have no kitchen, but an area where you can prepare some food. Lockers are in the hallway and is some rooms with more space. We have no female dorm. It was probably a male room mate in your shared room. We still hope you enjoyed Amsterdam! Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Must Pay for all Extras I would assume included. No storage without 24hrs notice. The common room is just a table inreception. Not relaxed. Must Pay for lockers. Breakfast is warm white bread. Most of the Staff were patronising and on a power trip. Recommended the worst coffee shop in amsterdam. No space in dorms. Ensuite smelled bad all the time. Noone would stay here if it wasn't cheap. Go somewhere else. Read the terms and conditions.

Hi, Thank you for your stay. At check in you were acting not polite and really not nice. There was no reason for that as we did nothing wrong as you just arrived. Everyone was having fun and enjoying, but we have no idea why you acted so angry all the time. Also it is really not normal to rush in and walk directly to a room, while you are not staying with us anymore! Why come back if it is such a bad place??? We still wish you all the best with travelling. Cosmos staff

Location not near train station but near museum. Breakfast is not enough.....

Very nice staff!! They were very helpful and gave plenty of maps indicating different areas. The rooms were a bit crowded but the people who stay there are all really chill. No lockers so you have to either carry your stuff with you or find a way of hiding it. There were only three outlets in a room of 12 and all were next to only one bed so it was pretty inefficient. Breakfast wasn't fantastic but it was free. Bathrooms weren't nice since they were individual with a lot of water on the floors,

• 18th Apr 2014

But all is fine for my stay except for after checking out. I kindly asked the staff if I could wait at the 'common area' for a few hours before my flight in the evening and he replied "NO!?! You have to leave this place NOW, like, you can't stay here after checking out, you need to leave". I couldn't believe my ears. So I ended up seeking shelter at a Hotel nearby where they warmly welcome me at their lounge area for a few hours despite me not staying with them. Other staffs were nice though.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Hi, Thank you for stay! We have between 60 and 70 guests on a busy day. You stayed in such a period. Guests that actually are staying also would like to have a sit and use our facilities. At a certain time we must ask you kindly to really check out. We are happy you also admit we were nice to you. But it is not honest to write a bad review because we asked you to check out. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

The only bad things about the hostel: no lockers, and no lockers in the rooms. Other than that - an excellent hostel. Staff is very very friendly.

Hi ! Thanks for your stay! We are really suprised by the comment. We have lockers in some rooms and in the halway. You stayed just 1 night, so maybe you did not notice or asked us. We hope we can welcome you again;) KInd regards, Cosmos staff

The staff is so friendly and could offer many amenities, from maps to shampoo and conditioner. But I think maybe the best part of the stay was how easy it was to get to -- plus it's down the block from the Rijksmuseum. Plus, there was abundant coffee and breakfast. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• 11th Apr 2014

There are no house rules, so if you're in common room en people are having their snooze on every 5 minutes, between 01:00 and 2:00 t night and leaving the light on untll you ask them to stop their snooze and dim the lights yourself they start having loud conversationshis it's your problem, rooms are really tiny and they smell bad because there's no circulation. not enough bread at breakfast and no other options (fruit, yoghurt)

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Dear, Thank you for your stay! We really understand little of your comment? Please explain by email,what you exactly mean by snooze. We always tell guests to keep it relaxed and no disturbance. We do our best with the free breakfast, but everyone wants something different. We will think about a sollution for circulation. But you could open a window? Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Nice hostel. But huge!! And there seems to be a lot of youn ( teens) / school trips ... So there are a lot of annoying drunk people telling. Also close to a club so if you are a light sleeper bear in mind there will be the unz unz of techno late into the night. Staff very helpful and nice, wifi works mostly but sometimes have to re log in or get a new password.

Hi Samantha! Thanks for your stay! We think you are talking about a different hostel haha. We are the opposite of the kind of hostel you are talking about. We are not located near a club and have an age limit. So no persons under 18 years and also no groups. Also we are drug- and smoke free hostel. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

The hostel's best point is its staff and location, I couldnt have seen most of Amsterdam without the help of the reception staff. The rooms have ensuit toilets, excellent wifi and are secure.

Hi Kahil, Thanks for the stay!

The booking was sort of confusing. I thought I was booking a 6-beds room and it turn out it was only a bood, Thus, making it very expensive towards what I planned.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Hi Roberto, Thank you for your stay! We did our best to help you out, but if you would divide the amount you thought you had to pay for 4 persons, it would not realistic for a bed in the weekend in Amsterdam. We think that your rating is not fair in this case. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Good place of you're looking for somewhere to sleep only, as they have no real common room and a tiny kitchen. The staff is nice and they have a lovely cat, which adds some character to this hostel. Well situated within minutes of the Museums plein.

The staff was really nice and helpful. They cared about me being comfortable and gave me a map with all the important sights highlighted. The only problem is they didn't clean the bathroom thoroughly enough but it was OK. Maybe someone pickier might have found it worse. Also it is not clear if they change the bed linens when someone leaves the hostel. Maybe they should give them to you to make the bed so you are sure no one has used them before.

The best thing about this Hostel is the location. It's really a few steps from the main museums and cool bars. The bathrooms are too small and not always clean and the breakfast is very simple. But the staff is nice and helpful.

1 2 Next » last »