Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The beds and security was fine. The "common room" is two small benches at the reception.The showers were okay but there was no kitchen or area to prepare food. At the beginning there was a water cooker but later I could not use it because "it was only for staff". Therefore the only option would have been to pay for hot water to prepare a small meal. Everything seemed out to make maximum money from the guests with minimum effort from the staff.

• 19th Oct 2015

Simplistic and could improve with being updated generally. However, if basic is what you want then it suits just fine. The staff were informative and friendly; they could perhaps be a little more enthusiastic, but hey ...who likes working?!! The price is rather steep, for what it is, but it served my purpose for just a weekend; and as a late booking!

• 16th Oct 2015

only 1 bathroom/toilet/shower per floor with up to 4 dorms per floor - I would class this as unsufficient. there was not area for food prep, the only option would be to eat out. My main point is in relation to the price, i recognise there were several events on in Amsterdam at the time (i participated in the marathon) however the price of the hostel was tripple the norm. E75 per night was far to expensive for the services provided in this hostel

• 16th Oct 2015

Hi Robert, Thank you for stay. You had the cheapest room without a private bathroom. If you book online you van clearly see most if our rooms have their own bathroom. So the shared bsthrooms are not used by all of our guests. We hope you enjoyed Amsterdam. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Atmospheer was not very nice, staff was not really helpfull exept of one little bit older man. Shower was sometimes not really hot. Sometimes no Toilettpaper. I had the impression they make good money with their guests but they want as less work as possible for the Staff. Dirty floors, smelling is not good. The cat Simba was very sweet and there are tasty Snacks which you can buy at the Reception.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay. Most of our guests travel with friends and when you travel alone it can seem there is no atmosphere. If you mention it to the reception we can easily provide toilet paer or clean any dirt or smell. It is a shame you mention this afterwards. We however cant agree with your impression concerning our staff. But will still use it to improve. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Very quiet, even though we were there on the busiest weekend of the year. Great spot if you're wanting to go the the museums every day, but otherwise its a bit of a hassle. Weird atmosphere, no lockers, not enough showers/toilets. Had a cat though, cat was cool.

The room is super tiny. There are no space to open suitcases. And no hot water, and no enough outlet, no kitchen. Please don't choose this hostel! Terrible! TOO BAD!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Japan

Dear guest, We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. However we like to correct a few points. We have about 8 outlets in this room. There is always hot water and we more showers outside the rooms. We never advertise or promise a kitchen. Room is normal size for Amsterdam. Kind regards, Cosmos staff

Very small but expensive hostel. Fantastic location though

Three things that I didn't like about this hostel. There's no space to socialize with the other guests, there's no kitchen and last but not least, there's no luggage strore, so basically I lost an entire day in Amsterdam because I had no place to leave my backpack. But the rooms have bathrooms inside so that's a good thing and it's in good state.

• 29th Sep 2015

little far from city. need to pay extra on arrival. had a great time.

Perfect location. Pubs, restaurants, fast food, coffeeshops, an ATM, and a tram stop all within 2min walk. Friendly, helpful, attentive staff. Felt very safe. Beds comfortable. Shower head needing some TLC, as does the drain, the water from shower can't escape and just floods the bathroom - making toilet visits in the middle of the night quite awkward.

Don't know what all the bad reviews are about couldn't have asked for a better place to stay haha. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and had a great time, the people are friendly, staff are helpful and the place is super clean! You have to pay about 1 euro for lockers and bikes you can rent for a relatively cheap price too. Thanks!!! Will definitely come back. ps- remember to bring a towel they're not provided

• 14th Sep 2015

When I use bathroom, I blamed myself because I've chosen this terrible hostel. There was no hot water so I took a shower with cold water. It's very small room and there are 8 people. The beds were very uncomfortable. Before I booked this hostel, I've checked the fact that they keep my luggage after check out but they said "No" so I should go to Central station and paid 7 euros. I don't recommend this hostel. Pay more and go other hostel.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

There are just 3 bathroom forma whole hostel, and there isn't luggage room or any place to keep your luggage safety. There rooms are very old. The best of the hostel is the boy who give us excellent Info about the city and the localitation.

The location was awesome! Easy to get to and safe neighbourhood. Staff was very friendly. The rooms were pretty small, but if you only need a place to sleep for a few nights, it's good for the price. The only common area is a small area beside reception. Also, make sure you read the rules ahead of time. We didn't, and were surprised at the no alcohol rule!

3 bathrooms for 3 floors of dorms. Definitely not enough

Hi! Thanks for staying and review! Most of our rooms have a private bathroom. Next time please see online which rooms are ensuite;) Kind regards, Cosmos staff

I booked an all girls room and they over booked and put me as the only girl in an all boys room. There were no ladders to get to top bunk, no lockers, and one outlet in a room with 12 girls. Also only a total of three showers in the entire hostel. I didn't shower for two days because it was impossible to get a chance. at the shower. I read the bad reviews but was willing to take my chance, wish I didn't and that i rebooked. Do not stay here unless it's your last resort. They have a cool cat...

The location was too far from the city's center though they said they it was closer. The wifi didn't work more than 2 minutes before kicking you out, and when someone complained they said it was their phone and if it was the wifi everyone would complain. Very poor staff, unwelcoming, rude and didn't not care about the guests. They advertised one price but we showed up on a weekend and it was higher priced and nothing we could do about it. DO NOT STAY HERE! It's not worth it!!!

Good place overall - good amount of showers and nice location right near the museums, a bit out of the centre (20 mins walk) but we liked that. Good tram connections to Centraal station and an overall friendly atmosphere. Rented a bike from the hostel too which was convenient and moderately priced. Would recommend to someone looking for a nice place at a pretty reasonable price (for Amsterdam).

• 30th Aug 2015

The hotel located quite distance from the central (40-50mins) to centraal by walk but surrounded with beautiful neighbourhood. On your way to centraal you check around nice restaurants, bars and stores. If you come from Bus station Amsterdam Sloterdijk you can take tram direct to Museumplein (around 40mins). Overall i enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The room is small but its just like typical Amsterdam house. The bathroom is a bit small but very clean! Also the staff was very helpful

It took me a long time to rated this hostel as I have never given a bad review of any hostel or hotel. This was the worst. The staff were rude, it was cramp, wifi did not work, smelling but must of all, hot. So hot, none of the people in my room could sleep. When bringing this to the staffs attencence, no one cares. It truly was the worst. Also there were money issues.