Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location staff was very nice. Simba the cat is adorable.

The decor and facilties are basic, but is good value for money, if you just want somewhere to sleep for the night. The bedroom was a bit cold. Lockers are available for storage. Good value for money if you just want a bed for the night. Easy to get into central Amsterdam by tram.

• 8th Jan 2015

No visitors allowed as well as no drinking in the rooms doesn't make for a fun hostel. Theres a no smoking rule which is fine - but the hallways stink of smoke. I don't think I would come back.

• 7th Jan 2015

Dear guest, Thank you for your review! We are a bit confused, as you decided to stay 2 more nights, after you wrote this review??? We care about safety and prefer guests only. Also prefer a more laidback atmosphere and no drunk aggresive persons or guests throwing up in their rooms. We had many complaints from other guests about drinking inside. The smoke came from the workers outside because of construction. We still hope you are enjoying Amsterdam as you are still with us;) Cosmos staff

dont expect much, but its still a good value. limited in the number of bathrooms considering how many beds they have. accessible easily from the central train station, or an easy 45 minute walk, a nice one, right past the museums. lobby is small but the staff is nice.

The place was okay for the price and location, but I dont think I gonna be there again. The bathroom doesn't have a place to use a hair dryer and I had to dry my hair in the reception. Other annoying thing that happend was when I arrived during the night and someone just had stolen my bed and putted all my stuff in the other bed in the top.

• 4th Jan 2015

A good place for cheap price, the staff were very nice. A bit out of the way from the center of town, but not too bad.

This hostel was the right price, but could certainly have used some improvements. Best, my room was empty for my entire stay, so I had a whole room to myself. If there had been others, we would've all had to share one wall outlet. Bathrooms are small and constantly wet. Could benefit from more ventilation and light. After a shower, the whole bathroom is damp, and there isn't enough toilet space. Also only 3 shared bathrooms, which were almost always full.

• 2nd Jan 2015