Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam Reviews

Frans van Mierisstraat 69 A, 1071 RL, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The place did not have much space to hang out and the room for 4 people was very small for me lioke a big guy it was reather inconvinient. I understand that you use the space in the very economcl way but a biger social room would help a lot to enjoy staying....

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

The staff is good, as well as the room. However, the wifi of the 3rd floor is broken. The staff told me that he'd relaunch it but it seems doesn't work. Moreover, I don't really appreciate the charge of 2 Euros per luggage while they were stored just in the common area.

Wasn't great at all, didn't end up even sleeping here. So many rules, can't do this can't do that, got €45 taken out of my account twice, then told I have to pay the full price in cash when I arrived as well, wasn't impressed. Had a friend come so I could check on my stuff and asked if he could sit in the common room in the reception while I checked my things and he had to stand outside of the building because he wasn't in the hostel, what is that ? Chill out doods.

Hotel COSMOS is cheap, the staff is very friendly and helping, it's quite central, the corridor painted in vivid blue and vivid pink are more colorful than most streets of Amsterdam so considering the value for money, I don't mind paying 3 E for luggage storage. It's only fair. Besides Samba had a nap on my lap. Uh...Samba is a cat.

The staff at cosmos is fantastic. So welcoming and so very kind.

• 28th Oct 2014

The Cosmos Hostel is very good if you are a group of friends just looking for somewhere to sleep. It's not far from the center (20min walking). I advice you to take a private room in order to have your own bathroom ; you have also to know that the rooms are quite small. Otherwise, it's not the hostel of the year but for the price it is good enough !

This is hands down the worst hostel, I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed in quite a few. Upon arrival, we checked in very late at night after a long day. There were several mice crawling on my bed and when I addressed the issue, they did absolutely nothing to fix the problem and it only got worse. It was impossible to sleep at this hostel. Unorganized, lazy and terrible staff.

Dear guest, We have already responded to your friend, who wrote a similiar review. We have done our best to help during your stay. You even confirmed this during your stay. So we find it a shame, you now react this way. But it is okay;) We enjoyed having you and friends as our guests. We still hope you enjoyed Amsterdam! Kind regards, Cosmos staff

1 2 3 Next » last »