Hostel Croydon Reviews

Warmoesstraat 75, 1012 HX, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's right in the centre of town but not on the Main Street (so was nice and quiet at night) just a shame there was no lounge area. I'd maybe suggest to anyone staying in Amsterdam hostels you should try and fill the room because when we stayed here we had people trying to sleep at 4pm and others just finishing a night out :S

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Bathroom had awful smell... Stunk up the room. I had bed bug bites. Beds were awful. Left as soon as I woke up and didn't come back until bed because I didn't want to be in there. Definitely do not stay here.

• 26th Mar 2015

Staff were nice, felt my belongings were safe, but facilities (bathrooms) were kinda gross and bare minimum. I guess for the price it all works out.

• 20th Mar 2015

For me the location was the most important thing when i booked the hostel; i wanted something that was central enough to walk around Amsterdam. The staff was great. I talked to one guy and one girl who were both funny and very helpful. As for cleanness, it wasn't the cleanest place ever but I could still go back there if i was going to Amsterdam again.

Friendly staff and great location. I read some comments about the hostel before I got here and was worried. But clearly they the persons that wrote them had never never been in Amsterdam before. "The steps are steep" - Well yes, we are in Amsterdam and it is so everywere, "Noisy" - Yes you live in the heart of Amsterdam, what did you expect? To sum up, greate staff, location and value for your money.

The hostel is in an excellent location. BUT the rooms are really small, the bathroom is not inside of the room and it's really small and dirty as well.

Great value and location. Bathrooms get toilet wet which is annoying. Wifi worked really well in my room. Had some sort of rodent eat a sandwich I left under the bed (probably shouldn't have left it there though). Some of the lockers were broken and had to share with friends.

This was defininitely the worst hostel I've stayed! The hostel was dirty, the guy on the reception started to change clothes in front of us, they scream at us saying that we needed to leave the hostel because we couldn't stay there waiting to check in and the staff were VERY RUDE! So we decided to cancel our reservation (me and three friends) and they got really mad, they tried to charge us 270euros (full value), the guy threatened us until we end up giving 80euros(value of 2 days)!Dontstaythere

Great Hostel, Helpful and Cheerful staff. Best Location! Great Value for money! A+

Lockers in the room were broken, it is the only bad aspect that I have noted

• 2nd Jan 2015

They only care about money, customer satisfaction is not even an issue for them. They even didn t reply to mails about important problems. NOT RECOMMENDED!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Very nice location good price. Warm place

Guys! It was a nice place. Location was very good. If you are in Amsterdam, you are not safe. Wake and be careful. So the hostel is one of the best one. The hostel was at center. Staff was very nice.!

Very Good :) I loved the place and the other hosts

location is really good. I lived in a 10-bed share room which is quite small. There is no elevator in the hostel so if you have a big luggage you have to prepare to walk up and down the steep stairs.

Very well located nice staff and really warm place. Exactly what you need when outside is freaking cold. I recommend.

The bathroom was not inside the room and was not clean. After I used, I recomend for other persons to pay 5 to 9 euros more in other places to avoid this kind of service.

• 22nd Dec 2014

The shower is not separated from the toilet, so you'll be standing in water when peeing. I woke up a couple of times every night because it sounded like people was falling down the very steep stairs; it turned out that the guests were just running down them. And people were also screaming throught the night, either in the hostel or on the street outside.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Sweden

To Croydon Hostel. Me and my friend, Elise, stayed at your hostel on November 13th to 16th. We were there for a conference and had a good experience at the hostel. The employees were very nice. Most of the time it was a British guy (whose name, we never got) who were at the reception and he helped us a lot, especially with directions to places outside the city. I hope this will be passed on to him, as he ensured a high level of customer care. Thank you. Regards, Marie Brøndgaard Jensen.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

it's in a great location and the staff are really helpful but the hostel had no atmosphere and was disgusting there where mice in the room and mold everywhere