Hostel Croydon Reviews

Warmoesstraat 75, 1012 HX, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Certain staff members are pretty rude!

Two words.. Don't go! I read the bad reviews and thought to my self "how bad could it really be".. And trust me, it was as bad as the reviews say, if not worse.

• 14th Aug 2015

Literally stayed here one night as needed place to stay for extra day. Basic room, with locker which was good. Small bathroom, clean shower. Door was broken and staff fixed it straight away. No atmosphere or place to meet people just narrow stairway and rooms, this was fine for one night but wouldn't have wanted to stay for the whole trip. Overall a basic hostel, you get what you pay for. Don't recommend for lone travellers

I liked this hostel due to its perfect location, right in the centre of everything! Which to me is all you really need when visiting city's. The hostel is small and the rooms are fine, just your standard bunk bed with ensuite bathrooms, nothing to look forward to but as I said it really is fine! Would defiantly recommend it

Being called hostel Croydon, the clue is in the name. Not a great hostel, we were in the top room with an ensuite, the ceiling of which was so covered in black mould at first we thought that was the colour of the paint. The security is good in that they check everyone coming in and the staff are nice and friendly. No communal area so not a very social atmosphere and our roommates weren't great. At the end of the day it's a place to stay but we were happy to get out.

Very well located but that's all it has going for it. Stayed 3 nights, one of which was a Saturday, and can only describe it as a rip off. No facilities to speak of, lack of showers, would not stay again.

Apart from the location,everything else was terrible. We were 3 people and the room was for two, plus one extra mattress on th floor under the sink(!),and we didnt even get a discount . Stuff was not helpful, and the room was disgusting. Sheets and towels were dirty and with holes. When we asked for new ones, we were provided with worse. The bathroom was stinky and very uncomfortable, as there was no seperate place for shower( you had to shower next to the toilet).Windows were broken,dirty walls

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Greece

A thick carpet of mould on the bathroom ceiling! Strange given that the bathroom floor was regularly cleaned with bleach. Room access was just a metal key, and my roommates tended to leave it unlocked, but reception was good at checking if people entering the building were staying. Two good staff members, one quite rude. Close to everything, but a noisy street at night. Expensive for what you get, hotels near the museums similar price and transport is good so better in a hotel

Location is awesome. Too expensive. The locker's locks were broken. No social area. Stairs are steep and narrow so big bags are a pain. I asked staff to hold onto my bag for a few hours and they just dumped it in front of a door that anyone could get to. If it was cheaper I would be happy but flr 50 euro a night I was not impressed.

The lokers where broken, the bathroom had fungi stuff and where very nasty, the door of the room can't be closed easy, people smokes inside the rooms and in the four days we where there just one time they clean the room and a very bad cleaning and do nothing with the bathrooms. The beds are all mixed up and they don't have an order of which one is yours and the same whit the lokers. The wifi is super slow. Worts hostel experience!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Location was great. Wasn't the cleanest place I've stayed in but some of the reviews seem a be exaggerated. Only issue I had was the staff coming into the rooms to clean beds at 9am while most people were still sleeping.

The bathroom absolutely reeks! It's growing black mold. The staff was not helpful when we asked for another night stay if possible. The stairs was really steep (no warning about that). Few outlet in the room. Lockers doesn't lock. When I checked in another hostel nearby, so much pleasant. This one is just disgusting and smelly. Black mold, seriously?! That's toxic!!

• 19th May 2015

This is the worst hostel in the world. I've stayed in a good number of hostels in my time and there are certain standards you'd expect when making a booking. Access to drinking water is something most hostels don't have to advertise, because it's something that you'd assume they offer their occupants, the Croydon doesn't have access to drinking water. It doesn't have a fridge, it doesn't have any cooking facilities, the rooms are tiny, the staff are horribly rude. Do not stay here.

• 2nd May 2015

Location is in the middle of the city, can't be better, staff is friendly and helpful (shared his staff wifi with me because the hostel one didnt work). Rooms were relatively clean, bedsheets were dirty. No common area. Wifi didnt work, neither in room, nor in reception area. 10-bed-bedroom with bunks, not to bad. 1 tiny combined toilet/shower for 10 beds, sink and mirror in the bedroom. Price ridiculously high, but only due to King's Day.

Worst hotel I ever been.

• 24th Apr 2015

It's right in the centre of town but not on the Main Street (so was nice and quiet at night) just a shame there was no lounge area. I'd maybe suggest to anyone staying in Amsterdam hostels you should try and fill the room because when we stayed here we had people trying to sleep at 4pm and others just finishing a night out :S

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Bathroom had awful smell... Stunk up the room. I had bed bug bites. Beds were awful. Left as soon as I woke up and didn't come back until bed because I didn't want to be in there. Definitely do not stay here.

• 26th Mar 2015

Staff were nice, felt my belongings were safe, but facilities (bathrooms) were kinda gross and bare minimum. I guess for the price it all works out.

• 20th Mar 2015