Hostel Croydon Reviews

Warmoesstraat 75, 1012 HX, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was in a great location that met our needs. Always a weird experience when staying with random travellers. On the first night it was just the three of us and one other guy. We had all retired to bed while this other guy was pacing up and down the room butt naked beside our beds. Was a weird experience which left me and my friend a bit weary about what could happen. But hey it made a good Amsterdam story to tell. Had a great time!

• 7th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

One very good female receptionist is let down by all her rude, unhelpful colleagues. staff basically called us liars everytime we had a problem with the place. Won't be staying again

• 1st Jan 2016

The worse place than I have been, dirty, small, desorganised, bad stuff (only the cleaner was a good person but was all without clean), The only good thing, is the location.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Spain

Good staff, good hostel. Unfortunatly, i couldnt book only two nights during the weekend, so i h've had to book 3 nights for a effective stay of two nights

• 19th Dec 2015

Bathroom is always wet and dirty.

The rooms and the bathroom are too small, 8 people can't stay in a room like this.

• 17th Dec 2015

Only good thing was the location and the roommates. Lady at the desk was a not helpful at all, The bathrooms were the most disgusting place ive ever been in. The toilet would leak water from it when flushed getting your feet wet from it, the showers were next to the toilet that leaked water onto your feet. The beds were flat from so much use, letting you sleep on the bed supports. My sheet litteraly had urine stains on it. The stairs getting to the reception could kill you with one wrong step.

This hostel si good only for one reason: the location, for a trip in the centre around museum, pubs and coffee shops it's perfect, but if you expect any another kind of stardand of cleaniless or facilities to stay in, you must to avoid it.

Being woken up by the church bells every morning gets a bit tiring.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Bathrooms definitely need to be repaired. and before to confirm reservation we asked about if we can leave our luggage after check out becouse we depart at night, they informed they can keep our luggage but once check out was confirmed they informed us just can hold our luggage for 2 hours and we get leave our luggage in central station paying 17 euros.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Uruguay

Well I think everything is already said, but I think for the money it is more than okay. Room was okay, bathroom was okay…. If you are looking for a place only to sleep it is perfect. Staff was very nice and helpful!!! Basically I would go again, hess!

Stairs are 222222222222222222222222222222 narrow!

Pros: This hostel is in a great location. There is a waffle shop down stairs were you get discount, free wifi Cons: free wifi doesn't always work. To get to the rooms it's like climbing a ladder(I am not joking!) and with a back pack that was extremely difficult. When on the toilet the way it's laid out my legs literally touched the door so you have to sit sideways! Bells go off every hour literally and it was driving me insane. It was cheap and if it's just location then it's great!

it was ok for the price. A lot cheeper during the week than the week end. For me it was good enough.

Location was great, room wasn't. Bathroom was filfthy and the cleaners cleaned it with a hose wetting eveurhing and oroabbly making it dirtier. Not enough plug sockets for 8 people and the stairs were awful especially with a suitcase to carry. Wasn't impressed.only good thing was the location

Central red light district so it was close to everything, however our room smelt like mold when we walked in. Later i found spoiled food under a bed... Also there is nothing else but the room.

If you would like to live in jail, just go for it. - extremely poor wifi - dirty bathroom with unstable hot water - broken locker - very narrow bed - extremely poor customer service, cannot store my belonging before check-in or after check-out Strongly recommend you not to choose this hostel

Great location, it's fine if your just looking for a place to sleep!

Amazing position just behind the red light district in the perfect center if you are looking for party and nughtlife. To be fair me and my friend found the hostel very vedy poor. Our room was a nightmare: smelling dirty.... Very dirty! There is no kitchen and place where socialise. We won't be there againg. The reviwes were right in that situation! It wasn't a good value for money.... We booked there because was the cheapest and the only available but still wasn't cheapest enough.

Apologies for you experience. I would like to state that at no point on our website(s) do we advertise a kitchen or common area for people to socialize, as we have neither and people stay with us primarily for the location. But we DO have a nice restaurant downstairs where you are free to spend time.

Ok,the location of the hostel is fine but what about the other important thing?no common area,no place where you can leave your staff,bedroom dirty without plugs and chairs,our share bedroom was poor,the bathroom of a prison is better than that one that we had, the Ceiling was full of mould,disgusting!!!Everything was sad like the staff!

• 2nd Sep 2015

Apologies for the negative experience. All the rooms are fitted with electrical outlets, however they have protectors on them so a lot of people do not always know that they are plug sockets. Also every room has tables and chairs. We do not advertise a common area or a baggage storage room on any of our websites so people should not be too surprised when they discover we do not have either, but every room is fitted with lockers.