Hostel Croydon Reviews

Warmoesstraat 75, 1012 HX, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The lokers where broken, the bathroom had fungi stuff and where very nasty, the door of the room can't be closed easy, people smokes inside the rooms and in the four days we where there just one time they clean the room and a very bad cleaning and do nothing with the bathrooms. The beds are all mixed up and they don't have an order of which one is yours and the same whit the lokers. The wifi is super slow. Worts hostel experience!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

The bathroom absolutely reeks! It's growing black mold. The staff was not helpful when we asked for another night stay if possible. The stairs was really steep (no warning about that). Few outlet in the room. Lockers doesn't lock. When I checked in another hostel nearby, so much pleasant. This one is just disgusting and smelly. Black mold, seriously?! That's toxic!!

• 19th May 2015

This is the worst hostel in the world. I've stayed in a good number of hostels in my time and there are certain standards you'd expect when making a booking. Access to drinking water is something most hostels don't have to advertise, because it's something that you'd assume they offer their occupants, the Croydon doesn't have access to drinking water. It doesn't have a fridge, it doesn't have any cooking facilities, the rooms are tiny, the staff are horribly rude. Do not stay here.

• 2nd May 2015

Location is in the middle of the city, can't be better, staff is friendly and helpful (shared his staff wifi with me because the hostel one didnt work). Rooms were relatively clean, bedsheets were dirty. No common area. Wifi didnt work, neither in room, nor in reception area. 10-bed-bedroom with bunks, not to bad. 1 tiny combined toilet/shower for 10 beds, sink and mirror in the bedroom. Price ridiculously high, but only due to King's Day.

Worst hotel I ever been.

• 24th Apr 2015

It's right in the centre of town but not on the Main Street (so was nice and quiet at night) just a shame there was no lounge area. I'd maybe suggest to anyone staying in Amsterdam hostels you should try and fill the room because when we stayed here we had people trying to sleep at 4pm and others just finishing a night out :S

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Bathroom had awful smell... Stunk up the room. I had bed bug bites. Beds were awful. Left as soon as I woke up and didn't come back until bed because I didn't want to be in there. Definitely do not stay here.

• 26th Mar 2015

Staff were nice, felt my belongings were safe, but facilities (bathrooms) were kinda gross and bare minimum. I guess for the price it all works out.

• 20th Mar 2015

For me the location was the most important thing when i booked the hostel; i wanted something that was central enough to walk around Amsterdam. The staff was great. I talked to one guy and one girl who were both funny and very helpful. As for cleanness, it wasn't the cleanest place ever but I could still go back there if i was going to Amsterdam again.

Friendly staff and great location. I read some comments about the hostel before I got here and was worried. But clearly they the persons that wrote them had never never been in Amsterdam before. "The steps are steep" - Well yes, we are in Amsterdam and it is so everywere, "Noisy" - Yes you live in the heart of Amsterdam, what did you expect? To sum up, greate staff, location and value for your money.