Hostel Dakura Reviews

Narodni Obrany 544/7, Prague, Czech Republic

After reading reviews here, I was a bit afraid. Fortunately, there was nothing to worry about. The hostel is quite okay. It is not stellar, but I would not be afraid to stay there again for the price. The only problematic thing was the shower: the shower cells do not have a door, but only a curtain, which is not a most comfortable setting in a shared space.

The hostel has no lockers and no breakfast, but the location is really good. There is a subway station next to there, many restaurants and a Tesco supermarket. The statt was pretty helpful.

Great budget hostel, easily accessible from the airport and close to the metro for the city centre.

• 3rd Aug 2014

I wouldn't come back here. The hostel is down a quiet back street in the suburbs, a tube ride away from everything. There is no atmosphere in this place what so ever and it feels dark and dingy. The shared bathrooms are poor with no privacy to the showers - just a curtain. There is absolutely no security and anybody could just walk in off the street. Better value for money could definitely be found elsewhere

We stayed in a private room and found it to be quite nice. There are many cabinets and tables, which is handy, as well as a sink in the room. The bathroom requires a key for entry, which is a bit of a hassle. The kitchen has most equipment that you would need. It's a pretty far walk to downtown Prague, but there are metro stops very near by.

The property didn't gave me a welcoming hostel feeling. Part of the staff barely spoke English, wifi didn't work in the room, the kitchen was very poor and the showers only have a curtain and no private space to get changed. The room was spacious and has it's own sink with cold water, which is nice.

The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable. The hostel is very quiet and so as the neighborhood. There's few coffee shops nearby and really nice restaurant where you can taste very delicious and cheap Czech cuisine.

Dear Jo, thank you for your feedback. We are happy you stayed in our hostel and looking forward to see you during your next visit of Prague! Jan / Hostel Dakura

Hostel Dakura was a good place to stay, it's a bit out of the way but with easy access to trams and the Metro. It was a pleasant stay with beautiful wall art!

Dear Courtney, thank you for your review. Its great you like your wall art - our designer is so happy for that. Have a great summer. Jan / Hostel Dakura

It was a great place for the price! Not too far of a walk from the old bridge and big tourist things. Each floor shares a bathroom/shower and kitchen not too bad though. Beds weren't the most comfortable bring an extra pillow! Over all the room was really big! We had one with two twin beds, a table, and a large cabinet with plenty of space for suitcases and baby items. There was even enough room for a 'pac n play' for my daughter! Pretty happy with our stay the staff was also very nice/helpful!

• 13th Jun 2014

Dear Katlynn, thank you very much for your nice review - we are happy for all your words. Hope you will come back to us soon. Jan / Hostel Dakura

near public transport and hopefully outside tourist crowds big rooms and friendly personnel - smell in the rooms Sum up: great value for 18eur a night pp

• 7th Jun 2014

In the beggining woman who worked there tried to convince me, that the prepaid that I maid via website is not really a prepaid and that I have to pay more, so I had to spend a lot of money to call hostelword and confirm the fact that I actually made a prepaid, after that another woman didn't want to accept our money, cause she said omething is wrong with it and we have to go to the bank and change it. Also we couldn't communicate with the staff, cause they didn't speak english.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Poland

Dear Mrs. Wojas, thank you for your feedback and for your stay in our Hostel Dakura. About the deposit (prepayment) i spoke with you by phone. Our staff speaks english and we hope during your next visit everything will be more than perfect. Jan / Hostel Dakura

I enjoyed my stay here