Hostel Dakura Reviews

Narodni Obrany 544/7, Prague, Czech Republic

This is the best hotel where I have stayed so far. I'm not a party person. It is quiet with bright spacious rooms with high ceilings and a special atmosphere of the beginning of the 20th century. It might remind you of an old hospital. But what it is is a true Prague spirit. The cafe is brilliant for its breakfasts and cleanliness. Stay here, you won't regret it.

Pretty good place for the price and location. Takes about 20 mins altogether from main train station which is fine. Facilities and rooms were fine for the good price.

Directions to hostel were rubbish lead us to a metro station which was a huge treck away from hostel. We later discovered another station called 'hradcanka' which was a lot closer. Arrived at hostel staff didn't speak much English and were not helpful, WE had to ask staff for advice on were the hostel was based and were the main areas are, we were given a rubbish Map and told that 'dakura' is not on it, walls are paper thin in the room, kitchen didn't have sufficient cooking equipment, old decor

A good "value for money Hostel with pleasant & helpful staff.

• 15th Jun 2015

Location was convenient and the hostel itself was simple but clean and nice. Also the staff gave us some tips about local restaurants and shops. Recommended except for if you're looking for young people to party with.

The bedroom was clean the bed was comfy, the bathrooms were clean too, there's kitchen if you want to cook and little market nearby to buy everything you need. There's a metro station at 5 minutes by walk and the Prague Castle is at 15 minutes by walk, 10/10 would stay again

I rather liked Hostel Dakura. It's a big building, but not so big that it felt impersonal and cold. There are plants in the stairwells and vintage decor in the halls that give it an inviting feel. The room was very spacious and clean with a nice view. The only thing I didn't like was a broken toilet seat and the shower head no longer attached to the wall so I had to hold it.

The hostel was very well kept and I particularly liked the one fashioned style of Dakura. I liked the room a lot as it was very spacious and very homely. The toilets were clean. The one thing I would recommend is that there be a hook in one of the showers you can put the shower head on the hook, this would then make it easier to shower. However, my overall stay was very pleasant and I would definitely go back to hostel Dakura.

• 17th Apr 2015