Hostel Dakura Reviews

Narodni Obrany 544/7, Prague, Czech Republic

In the beggining woman who worked there tried to convince me, that the prepaid that I maid via website is not really a prepaid and that I have to pay more, so I had to spend a lot of money to call hostelword and confirm the fact that I actually made a prepaid, after that another woman didn't want to accept our money, cause she said omething is wrong with it and we have to go to the bank and change it. Also we couldn't communicate with the staff, cause they didn't speak english.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Poland

I enjoyed my stay here

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Austria

good room for super price

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

This place was a big surprise for me - big and clean private rooms for grat value. Good wifi connection (also was in my room). Girls at the reception desk were nice. I can recomend this place to all travellers

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Serbia

It was really hard to get a good nights sleep than people were coming and going all night and isolation against the corridor did not exist. Linen were impossible to fix to the matless so after a while you ended up laying directly on the bed itself. Shower and toilets in poor condition.

The hostel was nice, not far from the center of Prague, about 25 minutes away (there is still an option to travel by metro or bus). Around the hostel are many bars with cheap beer, shops and restaurants. Wi-Fi reception in room was a pleasent surprise.

Good value for money, it's cheap and quite well located, but no kitchen or even fridge. Fortunately it's also very clean.

Staying there reminded me of staying in a soviet style accommodation block. Basic with no frills. There was free off street parking and storage fort my bicycle,

First off, I would like to say that pictures lie. This Hostel was not what I expected. I understand Hostels are places to just use to sleep and move on with your trip, but this place was just horrible. The staff was not helpful, barely understood English and the Transfer from the hostel to the airport is advertised as 15 Euro when in reality the driver ripped us off 20 Euros. The room was nasty, cold and smelled horrible. Lovely surprised in the bathroom, a used CONDOM & used Bandages.

• 7th Jul 2013

Good and clean hostel, very good location. The reception staff is very (but VERY) helpful.

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Sweden

Basic but safe and clean accommodation. Near to Dejvická traffic hub. Helpful staff. Internet as an unexpected bonus. If location and price are your priorities, this is a good choice.

Clean and friendly

I choose this hostel because I attended seminars at the Technical University. Anyway the location is very good - pubs, bars, public transport...just few steps. This hostel offers private rooms (big, clean, nice), wifi in the lounge and nice staff at the reception desk help me with all my questions.

• 18th Apr 2013
  • Slovakia

Hostel is located in a good distance from the center with very good metro connections, it was clean place. The only disadvantages was the Wi-Fi connection in the room.

The hole hostel was very frosty, heating was low, about 16 degree in our room. I said the staff that it's very cold and please turn on the heating, but she said its not cold, and heating is automatic, so couldnt do anything just give more two blankets. So we slept in pants, t-shirt and swaetshirt under 2 blankets in the end of March. For next morning I cougth cold.

the hotel was too cold,

• 17th Mar 2013
  • Syria

I made the reservaiton in Hostel Dakura for single room for one night in January. The price was amazing (about 15Eur) and i get large and spacious room (btw it was double room on 1. floor). Room was perfectly clean with the windows to the street (quiet). Shared bathrooms were clean, reception staff is friendly. And important - i cant catch wifi in my room, but there is a common room where you can find connection. I will stay again at this hostel during my next visit of Prague!

• 7th Jan 2013

The building is old and it is located in a non turistic area within 15min walking distance to metro Dejvika (where you can also take the bus directly to airport).It has 2 supermarkets within 15min walking too, which are open until midnight (one of them is Billa).The rooms are big and have closets, a sink, table and chairs.The bathrooms and toilets are clean and we never had to wait for our turn, they were always free to use.The staff speaks English and we only contacted with them in check in/out

I enjoyed my stay very much, calm area and a fair price for the location and facilities. The only thing I didnt like was the smell in the room which indicated that people were smoking inside.

It's a good place to stay if you like a quiet, charming and central neighbourhood. Excellent prices. The interior dates mostly from the 1980s, which is something I found fascinating. It's the real vintage, not the fake one. The younger staff speak English and are very nice, the older only speak Czech but try their best to help. Internet works just fine. Honestly, this is a really interesting place.

• 9th May 2012