Hostel Dakura Reviews

Narodni Obrany 544/7, Prague, Czech Republic

It was in general great hostel to stay, definitely worth the money. I had one problem though but it was understandable: I needed to extend my stay, so I had asked 2 nights before the checkout that I needed another 2 days. The staffs said it was ok because they saw that it was free, but they need to confirm with their managers. The next morning I asked, and everything was alright. But on the checkout date, they said it wasn't possible, and they apologized cuz everything was full.

good hostel, 5 minutes walk from the metro station A. clean and very quiet! Kind staff, maps of the city you can get there.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

This is the best hotel where I have stayed so far. I'm not a party person. It is quiet with bright spacious rooms with high ceilings and a special atmosphere of the beginning of the 20th century. It might remind you of an old hospital. But what it is is a true Prague spirit. The cafe is brilliant for its breakfasts and cleanliness. Stay here, you won't regret it.

Pretty good place for the price and location. Takes about 20 mins altogether from main train station which is fine. Facilities and rooms were fine for the good price.

Directions to hostel were rubbish lead us to a metro station which was a huge treck away from hostel. We later discovered another station called 'hradcanka' which was a lot closer. Arrived at hostel staff didn't speak much English and were not helpful, WE had to ask staff for advice on were the hostel was based and were the main areas are, we were given a rubbish Map and told that 'dakura' is not on it, walls are paper thin in the room, kitchen didn't have sufficient cooking equipment, old decor

A good "value for money Hostel with pleasant & helpful staff.

• 15th Jun 2015

Location was convenient and the hostel itself was simple but clean and nice. Also the staff gave us some tips about local restaurants and shops. Recommended except for if you're looking for young people to party with.

The bedroom was clean the bed was comfy, the bathrooms were clean too, there's kitchen if you want to cook and little market nearby to buy everything you need. There's a metro station at 5 minutes by walk and the Prague Castle is at 15 minutes by walk, 10/10 would stay again

I rather liked Hostel Dakura. It's a big building, but not so big that it felt impersonal and cold. There are plants in the stairwells and vintage decor in the halls that give it an inviting feel. The room was very spacious and clean with a nice view. The only thing I didn't like was a broken toilet seat and the shower head no longer attached to the wall so I had to hold it.

The hostel was very well kept and I particularly liked the one fashioned style of Dakura. I liked the room a lot as it was very spacious and very homely. The toilets were clean. The one thing I would recommend is that there be a hook in one of the showers you can put the shower head on the hook, this would then make it easier to shower. However, my overall stay was very pleasant and I would definitely go back to hostel Dakura.

• 17th Apr 2015

I needed to stay in the 6th district that is why the hostel was a great finding for me. The staff was very nice and the room was clean and neat. No breakfast, WiFi does not function well on the 3rd floor. Overall, a good place to stay at.

Good in general for a cheap hotel. The wi-fi didn't work well in the room though.

After reading reviews here, I was a bit afraid. Fortunately, there was nothing to worry about. The hostel is quite okay. It is not stellar, but I would not be afraid to stay there again for the price. The only problematic thing was the shower: the shower cells do not have a door, but only a curtain, which is not a most comfortable setting in a shared space.

The hostel has no lockers and no breakfast, but the location is really good. There is a subway station next to there, many restaurants and a Tesco supermarket. The statt was pretty helpful.

Great budget hostel, easily accessible from the airport and close to the metro for the city centre.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The hostel was in a convenient location for Prague's castle district, and also for busses to the airport and the metro into the city. The small kitchen on each floor seemed a little insufficient. Cutlery and utensils seemed to be in short supply, with seemingly only one kettle for 3 floors. Once we had to go down a floor to find cutlery. The 2 shared toilets had no sinks so had to return to the room to wash hands, where there was no hot water. 2 shared showers behind 1 locking door was hassle.

I wouldn't come back here. The hostel is down a quiet back street in the suburbs, a tube ride away from everything. There is no atmosphere in this place what so ever and it feels dark and dingy. The shared bathrooms are poor with no privacy to the showers - just a curtain. There is absolutely no security and anybody could just walk in off the street. Better value for money could definitely be found elsewhere

We stayed in a private room and found it to be quite nice. There are many cabinets and tables, which is handy, as well as a sink in the room. The bathroom requires a key for entry, which is a bit of a hassle. The kitchen has most equipment that you would need. It's a pretty far walk to downtown Prague, but there are metro stops very near by.

The property didn't gave me a welcoming hostel feeling. Part of the staff barely spoke English, wifi didn't work in the room, the kitchen was very poor and the showers only have a curtain and no private space to get changed. The room was spacious and has it's own sink with cold water, which is nice.

The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable. The hostel is very quiet and so as the neighborhood. There's few coffee shops nearby and really nice restaurant where you can taste very delicious and cheap Czech cuisine.

Dear Jo, thank you for your feedback. We are happy you stayed in our hostel and looking forward to see you during your next visit of Prague! Jan / Hostel Dakura

« first « Prev 1 2 3