Hostel Dandelion Reviews

No. 22, Yishu St., Longjing Dist., Taichung, Taiwan

Instead of being a hostel which I had expected, it was more like a "boarding house"... in a subdivided flat, far away from city center. Arrived 1.5 hours earlier than the time I picked when booking, the owner wasn't even at home so I couldn't even check in. His home was up 4 or 5 floors so be prepared to walk up some stairs. Owner also didnt bother to turn on the air-cons... Had to give him some identity documents just to get the key, which is extra troublesome to check out. Bad. Just Bad.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

I had a great time. The cats were very fun. The staff were very helpful. The street the hostel is located on is really lovely and worth a stroll, however I would agree with other commenters that the distance from the city center made travel a little bit complicated. Still worth it for good value and a good experience.

The owner is very knowledgeable, providing us lots of useful information and advices. location is convenient near the university. btw his cats are so cute.

Normally I don't like places so far from downtown, but Taichung is pretty dull, and this hostel is in a charming "arty" village. It's the owner's home, with an attractive rooftop kitchen - I loved sitting there and soaking up atmosphere. His 4 cats are adorable. In short, it almost feels like a country farm house. It's worth the effort to find this place, but if you're a cyclist (like me), note that much of the way is UPHILL. With cheaper beds it would have been perfect.