Hostel Dandelion Reviews

No. 22, Yishu St., Longjing Dist., Taichung, Taiwan

Normally I don't like places so far from downtown, but Taichung is pretty dull, and this hostel is in a charming "arty" village. It's the owner's home, with an attractive rooftop kitchen - I loved sitting there and soaking up atmosphere. His 4 cats are adorable. In short, it almost feels like a country farm house. It's worth the effort to find this place, but if you're a cyclist (like me), note that much of the way is UPHILL. With cheaper beds it would have been perfect.

The building could use some aesthetic improvements, especially in the stairway. However the room was nice and I really liked the owner.

Lovely owner, facilities were very good, the location was a fair way out of the city, but it wasn't a hassle with so many transportation options and the BRT only a short walk away. The hostel was also the owners house and it really felt like you were invading someone's house so you couldn't get comfortable, also, many many many house rules. There are three cats in the house that get on everything inc. beds, allergies beware.

I stayed only one night with my Japanese friend. Although our room was for 6 people, that night who stayed our room is only us two. We really enjoyed the stay in Dandelion because 4 cute cats are always welcoming us and Taiwanese staff recommend us many place to go. Next time I go to Taichung I'd like to go to stay and see the cats again.

Really nice hostel with a very welcoming, funny and helpful host. The rooms are cozy and there are 4 lovely cats. The location is in a great area, Yishu Street (Street of Art), although a little far from Railway or HSR. But we would definitely recommend. Thanks for everything.

The location is so far from the center and nothing fun around the hostel. The water was hard and barely drinkable. Cats everywhere. The guy is nice and friendly but kind of strange.

• 9th Jan 2015