Hostel Dandelion Reviews

No. 22, Yishu St., Longjing Dist., Taichung, Taiwan

Lovely owner, facilities were very good, the location was a fair way out of the city, but it wasn't a hassle with so many transportation options and the BRT only a short walk away. The hostel was also the owners house and it really felt like you were invading someone's house so you couldn't get comfortable, also, many many many house rules. There are three cats in the house that get on everything inc. beds, allergies beware.

I stayed only one night with my Japanese friend. Although our room was for 6 people, that night who stayed our room is only us two. We really enjoyed the stay in Dandelion because 4 cute cats are always welcoming us and Taiwanese staff recommend us many place to go. Next time I go to Taichung I'd like to go to stay and see the cats again.

Really nice hostel with a very welcoming, funny and helpful host. The rooms are cozy and there are 4 lovely cats. The location is in a great area, Yishu Street (Street of Art), although a little far from Railway or HSR. But we would definitely recommend. Thanks for everything.

The location is so far from the center and nothing fun around the hostel. The water was hard and barely drinkable. Cats everywhere. The guy is nice and friendly but kind of strange.

• 9th Jan 2015

We really loved our experience here. We stayed in the private room, which was very nice. We found the rest of the place and the atmosphere to be so cozy and relaxing. The two of us both have strict eating restrictions and were very happy to be able to use the kitchen. The cats were cute, and the owner was so, so helpful with everything. Just really great, really friendly. It is indeed far from most Taichung "attractions" but it's very manageable as long as you're prepared to make the effort.

The host is nice and helpful. He offered useful suggestions & helped me to plan my visit in Taichung. There are four cats in the hostel; all very lovely. XD

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • China

It is a small hostel. Host is very friendly and helpful. This is my first Taiwan hostel stay. I could not compare with other Taiwan hostels.

This is a wonderful hostel! Its location might be a little bit far from town centre but it's surrounded by many small shops on art street. Its like home-styled hostel and the host is freaking nice and helpful! He is so familiar with Taichung and could give very detailed suggestions on the schedule. And he also took good care of us when we stayed there! There are 4 cute cats there and they will appear everywhere around the hostel! I will definitely stay there whenever I travel to Taichung again!

many suggestions and help.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • China

Better directions locks on doors or lockers,