Hostel Dandelion Reviews

No. 22, Yishu St., Longjing Dist., Taichung, Taiwan

屋主人很好,會給予很多路線,食物等不同的意見,只是地點有點遠

The owner is very familiar with bus route and can advise in detail about which bus stop to get on/ off/ transfer to get to specific destination. Very helpful!

The day did not really start off well when I was questioned on my identify on my arrival. But Mr Xie turns out fine. He is knowledgeable about the area and definitely is willing to give and share information on places to visit and transportation routes etc. In the evening, he even treats the quest to traditional taiwan snacks from the nearby night market.

There was no one at the hostel to meet us when we arrived; another guest actually sorted out our room and showed us around (The owner said that we were late even though we'd sent an email to say we would be late earlier in the day). There are two locked doors to get through before entering the property. The hostel is in a nice area but far from the railway station and rest of town. It was fairly clean. £15.75 for a twin room, decent kitchen and we could use his washing machine.

Great atmosphere there! Cozy common area...helpful owner...The location might be a bit far from Taichung station but its okay for me because I was about to see different sides of Tunghai / Taichung. There I met great Chinese friends who shared similar background with me and we had a tremendous communication at the only night I stayed there. I missed the serendipity.

Phenomenal hostel in most respects. Roof terrace right beneath one of Asias tallest buildings - the skytower. Stunning common area with loads of cooling facilities kept spotless. The only thing that let it down was the terrible beds. I think they vary (my girlfriend was in room 501 and they were fine) but the ones in room 402 were horrendous. Cheap bendy metal meant the bunker beds swayed everytime someone moved. Terrible let down for an otherwise great hostel.

the hostel guy not only gave wrong info but also insulted me

此人根本沒有來,評論純粹為報復性 是純粹來找碴的客人

Don't think of living in a "hostel" but living in your Taiwan friend's home. The host is nice and give good recommendation for travel (not on travel book) And he can give you very detail direction which is very good. If you are expecting all the service and facilities and stuff, I think you should go to hotel but not here.

Nice place, a traditional home with some hostel rooms attached. The location was in a wonderful area with great food, crafts, even antique shopping. There is a bus nearby that goes some of the tourist destinations. We enjoyed out time there and would stay again if we returned to the area.

Good facilities,convenient place and helpful staff. Note twin ensuit is with a glass slide door, you can hear if someone's talking in the sitting room (but at nights when people get to bed it's ok). Need to make a call and wait when you arrive.

I dun know why the owner is operating this guest house. He is more interested in his cat than customers.