Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Their facilities were excellent. The 5-bed dorm exceeded my expectations. However, as other reviews said it's not a party hostel, but it is still easy to meet people. The breakfast is a bit pricey, but nice to have as an option. Definitely would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable place.

I did not enjoy my stay here whatsoever, the staff weren't welcoming at all and I couldn't check in until after 3pm! The beds are literally pushed next to eachother that's how close they are, wouldn't reccommend and waaay over priced.

you cool, we will return!:)

I don't usually leave comments, but really recommend this hostel. Will stay there again.

The rating is very low but just for say to people who want to stay : this is NOT A HOSTEL! It's very clean, the beds are very comfy, security is good too but it's not a hostel! There is not a real common room (go there for the free wifi), there is no kitchen and there is no atmosphere at all! You can go there if you want a clean bed and have a quiet night, dont go there if you're a single traveler!

Very nice, very clean. The staff were courteous and helpful, the location is good. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel, but particularly good for a quick visit.

Bathrooms are single bathrooms shared on each floor. Think hotel turned hostel. They were cleaned regularly. Gentlemen at the front desk were of little help, repeatedly gave us room keys to rooms already occupied ( which we saw happen to others 4 more times over the course of our 2 day stay!!!) the gentlemen, if I can call them that at all were incredibly rude with every interaction we had with them. Luckily, upon check out there was a very kind women. Better service for cheaper down the street!

The hotel was really good, we got nice room. We didn't expect such a nice and clean place. Good prace for the Roma.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The young man at the front desk was extremely helpful! We were going to have to switch rooms twice, but he was able to get us in the same room for all 5 nights we were there! The shower rooms were very clean and the rooms were extremely spacious. They also had a sink in the rooms which was helpful. Close walk to the Termini train station and everything in Rome. Would definitely stay here again. Poor wi-fi was a the only complaint we had.

Quiet with clean rooms. Very good showers and close to Termini station. Head across the road in the morning for a coffee and croissant in the morning. The breakfast at 8 euro isnt worth it.

• 19th Jun 2014

This hostel is a refurbished hotel. There were no bunk bed in the dorm room I stayed, had a locker under my bed, flat screen tv in the room, clean shower/toilet across the room. 5 blocks away from Termini, so you can go anywhere walking from there. Only negative thing is you had to pay for wifi. But if you stay more than a day, the 5€/stay was a good deal. Staff was nice and very helpful.

Hostel is more like a hotel than a hostel. All the staff is really nice, close to termini but a little ways from the center and a lot I'd good bars. Common areas close and there is no where to congregate other than rooms when they do. I liked not having bunk beds but having to be in the room to charge something was inconvenient.

Hostel des Artistes is a staple place. The bathroom got quickly dirty after being clean, but by dirty I only mean humid and the floor was a bit wet, some hairs etc. This is not the fault of staff of course. There are plenty of English speakers and they take in a lot of guests so their system is pretty streamlined. Very quiet area surprisingly and 5 minute walk from Termini. The breakfast is 8 euro but is a buffet. Good place but far from sites, close to Termini.

• 15th Jun 2014

When i left the luggage no body checked that was my bag the one I picked, i could have picked anyone. Internet in 5th floor stop working for a while and I need to buy a 2euros wifi pass. The staff though was very helpful and I think is a good point of this hostal. Very close to Termini station and the restaurant Mamma Di Angela is quite good.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

It's like a hotel

6 bedroom dorm very small, beds are right beside one another, no AC I had to switch hostels. This was more of a Hotel and had no kitchen or lounge area. They also lost my booking both nights. Stay somewhere else!

Just adding on to the pile of reviews here, it really is great that it's run like a home. Of course, this means it lacks some nice hostel features, like lockers under the beds, personal outlets, curtains, etc. Also no AC got rough in Rome's summer. Still, a solid choice if those aren't deal breakers.

Great stay in Rome an amazing value for 20€ a night . If you are after the hostel environment this probably isn't the place as there are no commons or facilities to cook. But I had some amazing room mates and had an awesome time in time because of it . Would recommend to friends and family. Happy travels

Great hostel. Bit more expensive than I'm used to, and to bad that breakfast wasn't included. But it was almost a hotel, with good beds, large and clean showers/toilets. For me the daily cleaning of the beds was not necessary and I would gladly pay less if this wasn't included. Also a less luxerious breakfast included within the price would have been no problem at all. I know I'm complaining about luxery here, but a low price is also important, especially when sleeping in a hostel.

Nice room. Terrible WiFi. Nice neighborhood and close enough to the train station and most major sights.

« first « Prev 1 2 3