Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

A mix between a hotel and a hostel. Close to the main train station. Daily housekeeping. A slight upgrade from any normal backpackers hostel. Nice rooftop terrace and you can free load some internet up there from the neighbours. BEWARE this is the first hostel I've stayed at while traveling for 7 months where they charge you to use wifi. Beware of that. Go to the restaurant across the street. A lot of stairs. Friendly staff.

Not a very good place to stay as a hostel, too expensive for no services. No facilities for people who want to cook and not a very good atmosphere. The staff is not really helpful and pleasant.

It's immediately obvious that this is more of a hotel than a hostel, which can be good but it wasn't really what we were hoping for. The check in was incredibly slow and we weren't made to feel especially welcome. It's a bit far out but possible to walk to the most important areas. The bathrooms were a bit gross as well. I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid this place but I'm sure it's possible to find somewhere better, as I will try should I return to Rome.

It was absolutely great staying at the hostel. For rome it was quite cheap and superclean. Plus I staid in a 4 beds dorm where everyone had his own bed ! ...there was a fan also, even a TV. All that for 20euro. (excluding ther city tax). I'd reallly recommend this hostel to anyone who's loking for a quiet spot to stay. There are still heaps of opportunities to go out at night...Also it's 5 min from the central station, so perfect!

Des Artistes surprised my girlfriend and I. We booked a 6 bed mixed room and we did not have problems. The lockers are very safe and large.The rooms and bathrooms were always clean and the number of bathrooms is enough for each floor. The rooftop is extremely cozy.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • rgbarata

This place is more like a cheap hotel then a hostel. They charger you €2 per device for wifi. There are bars across the street which are open til 4am so make sure you bring earplugs. There is zero atmosphere here. Only stay if you really have too

• 30th Jul 2014

When I arrived the receptionist told me that I have to buy the internet service because there wasn't internet free, later on my roomies told me that actually there was free internet on 5th floor, that really made me mad. The hostel is much more like a hotel. It is clean and if you want it Just for going to sleep is good.

The rooms are clean enough, but some of the bathrooms are pretty scummy and the free wifi signal is terrible. However, 2 bucks gives you great wifi for 24 hrs and you can wander around and find the cleaner/newer bathrooms. Also, it's really easy to find from the train station and is close to metro. Overall a pretty good stay for a hostel

Excellent hotel, with a very pleasant atmosphere! the rooms are quite small but i appreciated to have lockers available and access to the animated common spaces !

This place was great, so much more than we expected for our money. The room was perfect and had everything we needed. Excellent location, quick walk to many sites and to the trains/metro. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Their facilities were excellent. The 5-bed dorm exceeded my expectations. However, as other reviews said it's not a party hostel, but it is still easy to meet people. The breakfast is a bit pricey, but nice to have as an option. Definitely would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable place.

I did not enjoy my stay here whatsoever, the staff weren't welcoming at all and I couldn't check in until after 3pm! The beds are literally pushed next to eachother that's how close they are, wouldn't reccommend and waaay over priced.

you cool, we will return!:)

I don't usually leave comments, but really recommend this hostel. Will stay there again.

The rating is very low but just for say to people who want to stay : this is NOT A HOSTEL! It's very clean, the beds are very comfy, security is good too but it's not a hostel! There is not a real common room (go there for the free wifi), there is no kitchen and there is no atmosphere at all! You can go there if you want a clean bed and have a quiet night, dont go there if you're a single traveler!

Very nice, very clean. The staff were courteous and helpful, the location is good. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel, but particularly good for a quick visit.

Bathrooms are single bathrooms shared on each floor. Think hotel turned hostel. They were cleaned regularly. Gentlemen at the front desk were of little help, repeatedly gave us room keys to rooms already occupied ( which we saw happen to others 4 more times over the course of our 2 day stay!!!) the gentlemen, if I can call them that at all were incredibly rude with every interaction we had with them. Luckily, upon check out there was a very kind women. Better service for cheaper down the street!

The hotel was really good, we got nice room. We didn't expect such a nice and clean place. Good prace for the Roma.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The young man at the front desk was extremely helpful! We were going to have to switch rooms twice, but he was able to get us in the same room for all 5 nights we were there! The shower rooms were very clean and the rooms were extremely spacious. They also had a sink in the rooms which was helpful. Close walk to the Termini train station and everything in Rome. Would definitely stay here again. Poor wi-fi was a the only complaint we had.

Quiet with clean rooms. Very good showers and close to Termini station. Head across the road in the morning for a coffee and croissant in the morning. The breakfast at 8 euro isnt worth it.

• 19th Jun 2014