7.9
Very Good 1,885 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 1,885 Total Reviews
Hostel Des Artistes Located at Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome.
Italy
Rome 00185 Via Villafranca 20, 00185
79% 1885
41.9051995 12.5051236
    Rooms available

1st Sep 2016
7.7

You have to buy wifi unless you go to the 5 floor common room. The common room closes at midnight.

• teotorriatte
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
29th Aug 2016
6.0

Good location, but no kitchen. Having to pay for wifi is awful, especially if the wifi is nearly non-existant. Had a terrible experience a few nights in. Both toilets in our floor had been blocked for a few days and the staff didn't seem to be doing anything about it. After a few nights, it came to a head. I woke up to use the bathroom, and one of the toilets had overflowed. There was poo all over the floor of the bathroom. Absolutely disgusting and could have been avoided.

• emmamcmorrow2461
  • England, Female, 31-40
24th Aug 2016

Excellent value. Strange vibe as like a hotel but a hostel so weird mix of 60 something American tourists and teens. I liked this - strange good. Others may not. Breakfast blimmin lovely.

• India, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

A very nice hostel to stay in. When we entered, we thought its a nice 3 star hotel and thought maybe we are at the wrong address. The rooms were spacious, bathrooms were really clean but there was only one problem. Wifi was paid in the room. And free in the common area on 5th floor. But they used to close the common room at 23h30. It got really annoying as we came back late and didn't have the wifi to look for things to do the next morning.

• lillytichborne
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Aug 2016
4.6

You have to pay for everything at this hostel. I paid for wifi and it didnt work almost the entire trip. If I hadnt of had to pay for it it wouldn't of been such an issue but the staff just kept telling me that there were too many people using it. Sorry. That answer isnt good enough. I wasnt even able to plan out my day as maps wouldnt load. Yes the location is great and room is nice but you have to pay for aircon and to rent a towel. Theres only a microwave to soyou cant buy and cook your food.

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

Hostel is a few streets away from Roma Termini. It was easy to get to the central station and then go wherever I needed to go from there. I arrived a bit early but was able to go to the common area on the 5th floor to recharge and make use of the showers. This meant I could get my day started and explore the city before coming back to check-in. Thought that was pretty cool

6th Aug 2016

Everything was fine, the location is good, the hostal is Clean and the staff is nice and friendly. The only problem was the WiFi service, if you want to use it you have to pay per day or use it in the common room in the 5th floor, also there was no kitchen or cutlery in the common room. Although this lack of services, it was nice to stay there.

• China, Male, 18-24
23rd Jul 2016
6.3

The service is baisc. Everything extra need a charge. I bought WIFI connection, but it works poor. I prefer 4G data. The staff is rude and impolite, do not want to talk to them.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
20th Jul 2016
7.4

Great location, close to restaurants and metro. Nice place and great price! One thing we didn't like was that in the dorm room, we had no lockers or anything to put our valuables in, they were just out in the open. Didn't have any issues as we had good roommates when we stayed, but something to be aware of.

• natalya_19962203
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

Pretty close to the Termini station and super close to many lovely places to eat. The staff were heaps helpful with directions on how to get to the Vatican and where to do laundry etc. Our room was cute and airy, not like a lot of hostels where there are too many people crammed into one room. My only complaint is that you had to pay for the wifi anywhere in the hostel aside from the common room. This is the first place I've stayed where this has been an issue.