Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Staff was super kind and helpful. Got a free upgrade from a 4-Bed-Dorm to a double room, and the other girl never showed up so I had a room for myself. Perfect location, 5 minutes walking distance from the train station. I saw a mini kitchen with a microwave but I don't think you can cook there (I saw no fridge either). definitely worth the money, would go back!

Booked a six bed mixed dorm and got a two bed mixed "dorm" . The beds were less than half a foot apart which made mine and my roommate's stay rather uncomfortable. This was not what I had been expecting- fortunately my roommate and I could trust each other not to steal anything because there was only one very small safe for us both to keep our valuables in.

• 26th Jul 2015

It was a really awesome and comfortable. Room is clean, staff are very nice, rocation is good. Thanks for the hotel.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

It was okay for one night, but I wouldn't stay there any longer. The bed was okay but the bathrooms were quite awful (dirty, water everywhere). The location is good but the place seems more like a hotel than a hostel. You probably won't meet people in this place.

No atmosphere at all and the wifi sucks, you pretty much have to pay for it to get a connection. Rooms and location are nice, liked how rooms had a tv with English news on it. Maids made the beds each day even if there was stuff on it they would move it. More like a hotel.

Very hot, two locations was confusing

• 17th Jul 2015

Do not go to this hostel in the summer, it has no ac, just a weak fan which led to my being able to get very little sleep over my stay as I was simply too hot (temperatures were around 34 degrees at night). I would recommend this hostel during the cooler months, as the rooms were quite nice, though another criticism is that they make you pay for wifi which seems really quite stingy to me. Overall, there are better places to stay...go to them.

It says its a hostel but is more like a hotel. Lovely clean rooms and is a 2 minute walk from a metro station and a 7-10 minute walk to the main train station. Breakfast was good but was €8 (all you can eat). Very close to good bars and resturants and the metro can take you easily around Rome. Would definitely go back again!

The staff was super helpful and nice at all times!Good location!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Spain

even though it's a mixed dorm we only shared with one other person. bathrooms were the only part shared with all members of the dorm.

The room was nice, but as it was so hot it would have been nice to have more than one fan in the room, air con ideally but obviously it's costly to do that in every room.

Wasn't overally impressed with this hostel. Staff wasn't very helpful. Location was decent. No Air condition. Room was always clean.

This hotel was very clean, in a good location and had comfy beds it was actually really nice not having bunk beds. The only thing I'd say is that with it being so hot the rooms are really, really warm. We did have a fan but didn't really do much. Also wifi is not in the rooms you have to pay extra for it. (Approx 2€ per day)

Definitely more of a hotel which was a nice change but not many opportunities to meet other travelers. Overall a nice place to stay. Wifi is only free in a very hot common room but Rome is hot everywhere. The fan in the room was nice and plenty of room in the rooms to move around. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions to getting places.

The greatest thing about this hostel is the location, very central and less than a 10 minute walk from the main Termini. The hostel itself is very boring and resulting in minimal time spent there.

Several of the shower doors were broken. No air conditioning, so the rooms were sweltering. The neighborhood is very lively, but also very loud late into the night.

The hostel was perfectly clean and really nice. The rooftop terrace is lovely and I really enjoyed my stay there.It was quite easy to get into the city center. Only the beds were so loud when you or someone else in the room turned at night

More like a hotel really, zero atmosphere and the staff barely even let out a smile.

Good place to stay with an easy walk from Termini, which made bus usage easy. Room was hot (as was all of Rome) but the oscillating fan helped. Nice to stay in a room with no bunk beds and only a few people. Nice to have an elevator. Some staff members could have been a bit friendlier and more helpful. Rooms were very clean with comfy enough beds and bathrooms were good. I would stay here again.

Great breakfast!!! Also, the bar across the street is a great meeting place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4