Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

I stayed in hostel for 4 night.it's very good room.i booked bed private share bathroom that fine and i will come here again. staff is very night but i waited for the queue long time because many guests check in at the same time in the morning and i can go to room on 1am breakfast is not includ 8 euro.one thing the pizza restuarant just on the left and right the restaurant is on the right, 4euro u can eat 2persons depends what do you want to orders.

Not a hostel atmosphere

My brother n I Just stayed there for our euro trip for 3 nights and liked it a lot, the staff was really nice

Turned up and the staff had double booked me. Bumped me from a double room to a five man dorm in a different part of Rome - very dodgy looking street. The dorm was a converted apartment. They had lockers but with large bolts so normal traveller locks wouldn't fit. Will not be using this place if ever I return to Rome.

The hostel is in a great central but quiet location. Loved the roof terrace and with a good supermarket nearby it made eating cheap but enjoyable. Use the roof terrace not the common room! Staff were very helpful. Very happy with our choice of accommodation.

• 9th Sep 2014

I had a very good stay at Hostel Des Artistes. I met very nice young people in the hostel. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they were always around. Also the location is good, near the metro station Castro Pretoria.

• 9th Sep 2014

The hostel is really near to the train station and if you want to go to the tower the bus costs only 2 euro for 70 min. The staff and the facilities were great. The only "problem" is that the bathroom inside the room never gets really dry, so the smell was not that good, but for one night or two it's great, I would stay again!

• 7th Sep 2014

A great hostel overall, be patient with the staff as they don't like to be rushed, then they might just be friendly with you (that's meant as a compliment). Beware of the scams for the internet and breakfast: don't pay for the former since you get it free on the 5th floor, you can get a nice coffee and pastry from the bar in front for 1.50 (vs. the 8 euros they charge at the hostel). Otherwise it's actually a really great place to stay, close to the termini train station and the metro station.

• 6th Sep 2014

For me, there is looks like hotel more than hostel. Was stay in a dorm with 4 male bed, excellent atmosphere and comfy dorm/room. Only bad was the facilities, no glass but paper glass. Can't make hot coffee by self but there is a coffee selling machine with cheap price, roughly 1 euro per cappuccino. Free WiFi provided on the top floor

No kitchen was the only big downside for me. Stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm (on the second floor) and I met some wonderful people during my stay. You could drink some wine on the roof in the evenings which was very nice. Cleaning staf was very nice and considerate.

I like their "we find solution aproach". In general nice stay.

No problems at all, easy to work with and i met a few cool people there as well.

Strange atmosphere, not uncomfortable, but close. Was not assigned any bed, then someelse was assigned the bed I had chosen.

Hostel Des Artistes was a great place to stay as I came into town. The staff were very friendly and very helpful, providing maps and advice about transport, places to go and places to eat nearby. They were also very kind with regards to holding luggage and providing access to the upstairs lounge and even to showers before check-in. It was great to be such a short walk from the Termini metro and train station and not too far from major sites like the Coliseum. A great stay!

A mix between a hotel and a hostel. Close to the main train station. Daily housekeeping. A slight upgrade from any normal backpackers hostel. Nice rooftop terrace and you can free load some internet up there from the neighbours. BEWARE this is the first hostel I've stayed at while traveling for 7 months where they charge you to use wifi. Beware of that. Go to the restaurant across the street. A lot of stairs. Friendly staff.

Not a very good place to stay as a hostel, too expensive for no services. No facilities for people who want to cook and not a very good atmosphere. The staff is not really helpful and pleasant.

It's immediately obvious that this is more of a hotel than a hostel, which can be good but it wasn't really what we were hoping for. The check in was incredibly slow and we weren't made to feel especially welcome. It's a bit far out but possible to walk to the most important areas. The bathrooms were a bit gross as well. I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid this place but I'm sure it's possible to find somewhere better, as I will try should I return to Rome.

It was absolutely great staying at the hostel. For rome it was quite cheap and superclean. Plus I staid in a 4 beds dorm where everyone had his own bed ! ...there was a fan also, even a TV. All that for 20euro. (excluding ther city tax). I'd reallly recommend this hostel to anyone who's loking for a quiet spot to stay. There are still heaps of opportunities to go out at night...Also it's 5 min from the central station, so perfect!

Des Artistes surprised my girlfriend and I. We booked a 6 bed mixed room and we did not have problems. The lockers are very safe and large.The rooms and bathrooms were always clean and the number of bathrooms is enough for each floor. The rooftop is extremely cozy.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • rgbarata

This place is more like a cheap hotel then a hostel. They charger you €2 per device for wifi. There are bars across the street which are open til 4am so make sure you bring earplugs. There is zero atmosphere here. Only stay if you really have too

• 30th Jul 2014