Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Amazing rooms !!! Super confortable beds and overall, look more like an hotel than an hostel. Hard to meet some people because there is only a really small commun area and no kitchen, but if you want to relax and have a good sleep it's the perfect place

Super nice staff!

No free wifi in the room and they charge you money if you wanna use wifi at the rooms. My bed "squeaks" a lot when i moved which was very irritating and disturbing but my other friends beds were fine.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Actually, rather a hotel then hostel - check the pictures - it's indeed great place to stay. On the other hand, do not expect much partylife, but a party-hostel is just around the corner. Pizza place and restaurants nearby, a croassant with great coffea just in front of the hostel for 1,50€.

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

when we checked in we were upgraded which was great! very much appreciated, however the room we were in was still not upto standard for the money we paid. The bathroom was a little run down and the showers were cold! The beds were a fairly comfortable although the slats in my friends bed broke on the first night and we had to put it back together. Location was good and rooms were quiet, but these were really the only two positives.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Pretty good value for money for what you can get in Rome. It's close to the Rome's main train terminal but that's about it

Good place, very clean and nice terrace on roof. But not hostel atmosphere more hotel.

Very good location, very clean, helpful staff. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Perfect hostel I've stayed in !

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed in hostel for 4 night.it's very good room.i booked bed private share bathroom that fine and i will come here again. staff is very night but i waited for the queue long time because many guests check in at the same time in the morning and i can go to room on 1am breakfast is not includ 8 euro.one thing the pizza restuarant just on the left and right the restaurant is on the right, 4euro u can eat 2persons depends what do you want to orders.

Not a hostel atmosphere

My brother n I Just stayed there for our euro trip for 3 nights and liked it a lot, the staff was really nice

Turned up and the staff had double booked me. Bumped me from a double room to a five man dorm in a different part of Rome - very dodgy looking street. The dorm was a converted apartment. They had lockers but with large bolts so normal traveller locks wouldn't fit. Will not be using this place if ever I return to Rome.

Staff didn't provide any additional help with tours or what to do and there was very limited information in reception. Room was ok, bathrooms were not kept clean during day and one bath mat for all the guests isn't enough when the water goes everywhere.

The hostel is in a great central but quiet location. Loved the roof terrace and with a good supermarket nearby it made eating cheap but enjoyable. Use the roof terrace not the common room! Staff were very helpful. Very happy with our choice of accommodation.

• 9th Sep 2014

I had a very good stay at Hostel Des Artistes. I met very nice young people in the hostel. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they were always around. Also the location is good, near the metro station Castro Pretoria.

• 9th Sep 2014

The hostel is really near to the train station and if you want to go to the tower the bus costs only 2 euro for 70 min. The staff and the facilities were great. The only "problem" is that the bathroom inside the room never gets really dry, so the smell was not that good, but for one night or two it's great, I would stay again!

A great hostel overall, be patient with the staff as they don't like to be rushed, then they might just be friendly with you (that's meant as a compliment). Beware of the scams for the internet and breakfast: don't pay for the former since you get it free on the 5th floor, you can get a nice coffee and pastry from the bar in front for 1.50 (vs. the 8 euros they charge at the hostel). Otherwise it's actually a really great place to stay, close to the termini train station and the metro station.

• 6th Sep 2014

For me, there is looks like hotel more than hostel. Was stay in a dorm with 4 male bed, excellent atmosphere and comfy dorm/room. Only bad was the facilities, no glass but paper glass. Can't make hot coffee by self but there is a coffee selling machine with cheap price, roughly 1 euro per cappuccino. Free WiFi provided on the top floor

No kitchen was the only big downside for me. Stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm (on the second floor) and I met some wonderful people during my stay. You could drink some wine on the roof in the evenings which was very nice. Cleaning staf was very nice and considerate.

« first « Prev 1 2 3