Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Turned up and the staff had double booked me. Bumped me from a double room to a five man dorm in a different part of Rome - very dodgy looking street. The dorm was a converted apartment. They had lockers but with large bolts so normal traveller locks wouldn't fit. Will not be using this place if ever I return to Rome.

The hostel is really near to the train station and if you want to go to the tower the bus costs only 2 euro for 70 min. The staff and the facilities were great. The only "problem" is that the bathroom inside the room never gets really dry, so the smell was not that good, but for one night or two it's great, I would stay again!

• 7th Sep 2014

A great hostel overall, be patient with the staff as they don't like to be rushed, then they might just be friendly with you (that's meant as a compliment). Beware of the scams for the internet and breakfast: don't pay for the former since you get it free on the 5th floor, you can get a nice coffee and pastry from the bar in front for 1.50 (vs. the 8 euros they charge at the hostel). Otherwise it's actually a really great place to stay, close to the termini train station and the metro station.

• 6th Sep 2014

For me, there is looks like hotel more than hostel. Was stay in a dorm with 4 male bed, excellent atmosphere and comfy dorm/room. Only bad was the facilities, no glass but paper glass. Can't make hot coffee by self but there is a coffee selling machine with cheap price, roughly 1 euro per cappuccino. Free WiFi provided on the top floor

No kitchen was the only big downside for me. Stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm (on the second floor) and I met some wonderful people during my stay. You could drink some wine on the roof in the evenings which was very nice. Cleaning staf was very nice and considerate.

I like their "we find solution aproach". In general nice stay.

No problems at all, easy to work with and i met a few cool people there as well.

Strange atmosphere, not uncomfortable, but close. Was not assigned any bed, then someelse was assigned the bed I had chosen.

Hostel Des Artistes was a great place to stay as I came into town. The staff were very friendly and very helpful, providing maps and advice about transport, places to go and places to eat nearby. They were also very kind with regards to holding luggage and providing access to the upstairs lounge and even to showers before check-in. It was great to be such a short walk from the Termini metro and train station and not too far from major sites like the Coliseum. A great stay!

A mix between a hotel and a hostel. Close to the main train station. Daily housekeeping. A slight upgrade from any normal backpackers hostel. Nice rooftop terrace and you can free load some internet up there from the neighbours. BEWARE this is the first hostel I've stayed at while traveling for 7 months where they charge you to use wifi. Beware of that. Go to the restaurant across the street. A lot of stairs. Friendly staff.

Not a very good place to stay as a hostel, too expensive for no services. No facilities for people who want to cook and not a very good atmosphere. The staff is not really helpful and pleasant.

It's immediately obvious that this is more of a hotel than a hostel, which can be good but it wasn't really what we were hoping for. The check in was incredibly slow and we weren't made to feel especially welcome. It's a bit far out but possible to walk to the most important areas. The bathrooms were a bit gross as well. I wouldn't necessarily say to avoid this place but I'm sure it's possible to find somewhere better, as I will try should I return to Rome.

It was absolutely great staying at the hostel. For rome it was quite cheap and superclean. Plus I staid in a 4 beds dorm where everyone had his own bed ! ...there was a fan also, even a TV. All that for 20euro. (excluding ther city tax). I'd reallly recommend this hostel to anyone who's loking for a quiet spot to stay. There are still heaps of opportunities to go out at night...Also it's 5 min from the central station, so perfect!

Des Artistes surprised my girlfriend and I. We booked a 6 bed mixed room and we did not have problems. The lockers are very safe and large.The rooms and bathrooms were always clean and the number of bathrooms is enough for each floor. The rooftop is extremely cozy.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • rgbarata

This place is more like a cheap hotel then a hostel. They charger you €2 per device for wifi. There are bars across the street which are open til 4am so make sure you bring earplugs. There is zero atmosphere here. Only stay if you really have too

• 30th Jul 2014

When I arrived the receptionist told me that I have to buy the internet service because there wasn't internet free, later on my roomies told me that actually there was free internet on 5th floor, that really made me mad. The hostel is much more like a hotel. It is clean and if you want it Just for going to sleep is good.

The rooms are clean enough, but some of the bathrooms are pretty scummy and the free wifi signal is terrible. However, 2 bucks gives you great wifi for 24 hrs and you can wander around and find the cleaner/newer bathrooms. Also, it's really easy to find from the train station and is close to metro. Overall a pretty good stay for a hostel

Excellent hotel, with a very pleasant atmosphere! the rooms are quite small but i appreciated to have lockers available and access to the animated common spaces !

This place was great, so much more than we expected for our money. The room was perfect and had everything we needed. Excellent location, quick walk to many sites and to the trains/metro. Would definitely stay here again.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at. Their facilities were excellent. The 5-bed dorm exceeded my expectations. However, as other reviews said it's not a party hostel, but it is still easy to meet people. The breakfast is a bit pricey, but nice to have as an option. Definitely would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4