Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Bedbugs. I'm almost 100% sure there were bedbugs as I received new bite marks on my body each night in places a mosquito wouldn't be able to get to (i.e. my legs under the sheets.)

Everything went smoothly from checking in to checking out. The staff were helpful to answer any questions I had and the hostel is within walking distance to Termini station and other transportation. Both rooms I stayed in were kept clean and orderly, as well as the rest of the facilities. This experience felt more like staying in a hotel, rather than in a hostel.

• 17th Apr 2014

This is more of a hotel than a hostel. My three friends and I got a room to ourselves which was awesome. It was very clean and they made our beds during the day. There is however no hang out area/common area, or maybe there are on each floor but no one hangs out in them. Also the hotel staff do not know much about what is going on in Rome the way most youth hostel staff do. But if you have you're own plan and are looking for a chill, clean, this is for you.

Very happy for my stay in those five days I was checked in with my friend. We lived in a 4 man dorm and it was filled every night but people was nice. The only thing that was a little sad was that the wi-fi was only for 1 device but the price was not that bad. We walked to everything so the location is great if you are not afraid to get a little exercise. The hostel says it has towels but you need to buy it from them for 3.5 euro and it is not that big but it works.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • blazedk
  • Denmark

WiFi should be free!!!!!!!!!

• 24th Mar 2014

Great hostel! The staff there were really helpful and gave great advice. Room was awesome, had a tv, was always super clean and had a sink! Nice walk to most tourist attractions. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The Hostel was the best during my trip around the Naplesand Rome. The locations is very close to Roma- Termini ( the main station ofRome and la sapeinza University. The rooms are spacious, well equiped with big flatscreens with international channels., and good beds. Breakfast is not included but there is a bar just on the opposite site of the street where you can get coffee and croisant for 1,5€ and there are many restaurants around if want to have lunch or dinner.... Staff was really helpfull

Wifi not free Parking not available as said on the web

Appears to be mainly a hotel, with a few rooms converted into a hostel. It's not sociable, we didn't meet anyone. We stayed in a 2 bed dorm.. The room itself was great,- it came complete with a flat screen tv. Unfortunately the bathrooms were a totally different story and really needed a good clean . There was a unpleasant smell in the corridor throughout our stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 12th Mar 2014

Great rooms with comfortable beds with built-in lockers. Flat screen TV. Even though I didn't need the computer, for the size of the hostel, it could use at least 2-3 more computers.

It's a small walk to get into the heart of the city, but not enough to really necessitate using the nearby metro unless you really want to. The hostel rooms are very clean, and the staff is friendly, though those at the front desk seemed a bit overworked. The bathrooms weren't terrible, but I've been in better. They do offer breakfast, but it's expensive.

perfect located, clean, excellent value for money, very kind & friendly staff

• 14th Feb 2014

Do not charge for wifi. That really irritates me.

it is very close to Termini station but around of termini is like a mess! anyway you can reach all touristic attraction places by walk. hotel rooms are clean but i can't say same for common areas such as WC and showers. it's weird but i couldn't see any people during my stay although hostel was full :)

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Turkey

떼르미니역에서 여자걸음으로 10분정도의 거리에 위치하고 있어서 관광하러 다닐때 굉장히 편하구요~ 스탭도 친절하고, 시설도 깨끗합니다. 침대시트를 머무는동안 매일 갈아주더라구요~ 다만 와이파이를 돈내고 써야하는게 단점이네요

• 24th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Their internet policy is ridiculous to me. It's very slow and you have to pay for it if you want it after you have already payed for your stay. It's 2 euro for 1 day or 5 for the entire stay. Considering the price it is very slow and annoying. However, the place overall is cleaned every day and the rooms have a hotel feel for when you arrive back to your room after a long day of site seeing. There is no social atmosphere because everyone locks themselves away in their rooms.

I booked in a room for 4 and I got a room with only 3 beds and there was only one guy staying there... which was completely weird. The bathrooms were only clean after noon (when the general cleaning of the hostel was done), after that they were not taken care of, so if you wanted to take a shower in the evening or early morning you had to do it in a dirty bathroom.

I have been to Rome 4times already but this hostel was better than the others. Clean. near the Termini station. staffs were so kind. U can cook if u like. there was a little kitchen. Room were clean n big.

You have to pay 2 euro daily for the WiFi (...). The kitchen is ridicolous, the only PC is Flintstones-like, beers and beverages are very expensive, it's not so close to Termini Station, compared with many other hostels... This is not a real hostel, it's an hotel with some rooms (without toilet) dedicated for low-budget travellers. Staff is good, but I do not recommend it.

The hostel is more of a hotel, is close to termini, doesn`t have a breakfast and there is a kitchen of a microwave and a few utensils. The staff is really good. It`s clean.

← Back to search results