Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Overall for a hostel, the outcome of the stay was decent, a good fan in the room and all facilities as stated. If you stay purchase the wifi , it does not cost much extra but is more reliable than that free on 5th floor. Also lights cut out a couple of times in the night.

• 1st Jul 2015

I can not fault the facilities. However, the owner was inappropriate at times and because of this I would not recommend this place to stay. He was rude, raised his voice, blamed us for a situation when he was obviously in the wrong, was never at reception when needed, made us move rooms at 11pm and started stripping previous stayers beds at 7am while others were sleeping.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a hotel where some rooms are dorms. The location is not perfect but not a pain, the staff are really nice, it's pretty clean, it was a nice place, I'd come back. Breakfast is not included but crossing the street there's a pretty cheap restaurant that serves coffee and pastry for very attractive prices.

Wifi sucked (you have to pay), rooms were big and very spacious which is good and you got a locker underneath the bed which could fit your whole bag. Love that!

No facilities to cook. My apartment is another street away from the reception. Other then that theres no problems. Location is very near roma termini which is convenient for those arriving by train.

Maybe you can prepare a box in hostel 2 so that customers could drop the key and leave :) instead of going to hostel 1 and check out.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • China

A cheap (by Rome standards) place to sleep near the main transport hub for the city. It's a hotel with some shared rooms rather than a hostel, that aside, there's nothing really great about it, but nothing really bad either.

Charges for breakfast (€8/day) and Wi-Fi (€5/stay) and towels. Free Wi-Fi is five flights of stairs above ground level and didn't work when I tried it. Grimy restrooms and showers. Fan made loud noises at night (@80Hz) and no air conditioning, so very hot. No communal atmosphere. Staff are friendly and are very willing to give directions! Others complained of cleanliness of bed (hair, dirt). No laundry facilities on site and prohibition of washing clothes in sink; closest laundromat is €10/load.

It seems like everyone gives this place terrible ratings, but I thought it was perfectly fine. We stayed in the main building - the hotel - the rooms were spotless. It's nice that they have free wifi in the fifth floor common room, but I think they should just make the whole building free. The staff were very nice. They helped me print some of my plane tickets, and gave us free access to wifi when it wasn't working. The hotel was also well located, about a 5 minute walk to Termini.

This is one of the nicest, cleanest hostels I've stayed in, which is saying something given the amount of travelling I've done. Beds are comfortable and tardy with lockable drawers underneath that easily accommodate your whole pack. Best thing is no bunks! And space! Lots of it! Where other hostels would cram 10 beds into the room, this one had just 4! Bathrooms are big, clean and modern. Kitchen could use some plates/utensils. Rooftop is awesome. Only thing is, the place is kinda, well, dull!

Internet sucks. I took the paid internet because the free one was basically unusable and the paid one was just as bad. I'd have imagined that once they charge for something they would give you something decent, but it was literally unusable, it would take minutes to load a simple page in a browser.

the location was only 7 minutes walking from Termini Station, and 15 minutes walking with a 30kg roller baggage. the hotel has 5 floor. they have an elevator so it was easier for travelling with super large baggage like mine. the neighbourhood was safe and not noisy. i was travelling with my mother, so we booked 2 mixed dorm with shared bathroom. turns out that our room is in the corner and very close to two public bathroom, so it really was like our own private bathroom. definitely recommended!

The place was very clean. The staff was helpful! It is in a prime location. Only a 5 minute walk from the train station and about a half hour to major tourist areas! The wifi sucked though and you only get it in the common room.

a little walk from the main office, very nice room. WiFi was really good, bathrooms kept very clean. we had little interaction with the staff as they were at the main reception building. no common area/kitchen facilities

I was very disappointed with this hostel. I know it is written on the website that if you book a dorm you are going to another building close to the main one. The building was 5 minutes walking from the Hotel des Artistes and it was basically 4 hotel rooms that they turned into a hotel. The reception was at the main building, there was no kitchen, no common room, nothing. Just rooms and ONE bathroom! every morning and evening you have to queue if you wanna use the toilet or shower. NOT recommend

Only stayed one night. Too expensive for what you get. Poor Internet only in common space. Nice staff. Clean all around. My least favorite part about much of Italy is that you have to check out by 10am. Only makes sense of you're staying more than one night.

It was a nice stay! I really wish internet was free but it was a nice hostal

Location was brilliant; there's a metro stop a few minutes away, Termini is around a 10 minute away and there are plenty of places to eat and drink close by. The room I stayed in was a three bed dorm which was cleaned daily and there was plenty of space in the room unlike many hostel rooms. The only downside was the wifi: the options were to either pay for wifi or go to the fifth floor to obtain free wifi, neither options were great. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• 20th May 2015

The owner is great! Don't try and mess with her!

• 19th May 2015

Great location, nice staff and good price. You have to pay for wifi (there's free wifi upstairs but it didn't work). The bathrooms are communal and not very clean, plenty of showers etc at least. The upstairs area is not very sociable but if you're looking to mingle and party then I'd recommend wandering over to Hostel yellow which is just a street over.

« first « Prev 1 2 3