Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Good place, very clean and nice terrace on roof. But not hostel atmosphere more hotel.

Very good location, very clean, helpful staff. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Perfect hostel I've stayed in !

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

I stayed in hostel for 4 night.it's very good room.i booked bed private share bathroom that fine and i will come here again. staff is very night but i waited for the queue long time because many guests check in at the same time in the morning and i can go to room on 1am breakfast is not includ 8 euro.one thing the pizza restuarant just on the left and right the restaurant is on the right, 4euro u can eat 2persons depends what do you want to orders.

It was a while ago when I stayed at Hostel Des Artistes. But since I was travelling a lot I did not have time before to add my review. I did my booking online for a bed on a two person shared room and by the time I arrived Hotstel Des Artistes did not have my reservation even though I had a confirmation number. I did get a bed to sleep in but I had to share with 3 males and the building was not 5 blocks from Termini as it says in the hostel info, it is further away

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Not a hostel atmosphere

My brother n I Just stayed there for our euro trip for 3 nights and liked it a lot, the staff was really nice

Turned up and the staff had double booked me. Bumped me from a double room to a five man dorm in a different part of Rome - very dodgy looking street. The dorm was a converted apartment. They had lockers but with large bolts so normal traveller locks wouldn't fit. Will not be using this place if ever I return to Rome.

Staff didn't provide any additional help with tours or what to do and there was very limited information in reception. Room was ok, bathrooms were not kept clean during day and one bath mat for all the guests isn't enough when the water goes everywhere.

The hostel is in a great central but quiet location. Loved the roof terrace and with a good supermarket nearby it made eating cheap but enjoyable. Use the roof terrace not the common room! Staff were very helpful. Very happy with our choice of accommodation.

• 9th Sep 2014

I had a very good stay at Hostel Des Artistes. I met very nice young people in the hostel. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they were always around. Also the location is good, near the metro station Castro Pretoria.

• 9th Sep 2014

The hostel is really near to the train station and if you want to go to the tower the bus costs only 2 euro for 70 min. The staff and the facilities were great. The only "problem" is that the bathroom inside the room never gets really dry, so the smell was not that good, but for one night or two it's great, I would stay again!

A great hostel overall, be patient with the staff as they don't like to be rushed, then they might just be friendly with you (that's meant as a compliment). Beware of the scams for the internet and breakfast: don't pay for the former since you get it free on the 5th floor, you can get a nice coffee and pastry from the bar in front for 1.50 (vs. the 8 euros they charge at the hostel). Otherwise it's actually a really great place to stay, close to the termini train station and the metro station.

• 6th Sep 2014

For me, there is looks like hotel more than hostel. Was stay in a dorm with 4 male bed, excellent atmosphere and comfy dorm/room. Only bad was the facilities, no glass but paper glass. Can't make hot coffee by self but there is a coffee selling machine with cheap price, roughly 1 euro per cappuccino. Free WiFi provided on the top floor

No kitchen was the only big downside for me. Stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm (on the second floor) and I met some wonderful people during my stay. You could drink some wine on the roof in the evenings which was very nice. Cleaning staf was very nice and considerate.

I like their "we find solution aproach". In general nice stay.

1 2 Next » last »