Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

During the day the rooms are a dream clean, very very well presented you know your in italy, staff great, wifi in top levels or pay 5 euros for whole stay in room, safe only bad thing at night it's loud very loud on street and early in morning so bring earplugs but it's a small price for great place a lot of not good ones in Rome :)

I couldnt find its location whole night i was looking for it and its too far from florence.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

Des Artistes was a fantastic place that was extremely close to the Metro station and the train station so it's super easy to get to all the attractions in town and they were very flexible with checkin/out. They respond very quickly to requests and always have suggestions for places to go or eat.

Is greate!!!

Surprisingly inexpensive given its convenient location! The hostel was a perfect place to crash for one night in Rome, somewhat unexpectedly, when a visitor's plans fell through. It is a converted hotel and thus nicer than many hostels I have stayed in (but with the same amenities - shared rooms, group bathrooms, etc.) I spent no more than eight hours here, but I did get a good night's sleep, which is the point of lodging businesses.

• 23rd May 2014

This place was very awkward to stay in. The room we had was for 6 people. The beds were so close together that not even my backpack would fit between mine and the persons next to me. When we came into our room there was a creepy guys just watching tv (in a room for 6 people, what?) and watching everything we did. It was super uncomfortable and not at all a hostel atmosphere. It was cheap but you definitely get what you pay for.

This hostel is very nice. It definitely feels more like a hotel than hostel. It was located in a good part of town, about 10 min walk to Termini train station. It was centrally located right between the colosseum and the Vatican, about at 45-60min walk to either location. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast smelled good but I didn't try it.

This hostel was nice and clean and well located. It was close to a few other hostels too so we went and checked out their bars for a bit of atmosphere, as this one only had the roof terrace (which was actually quiet nice but very quiet). Id stay here again and recommend it. Good location, decent facilities, comfy bed and cheap.

The hostel was quite noisy. The emergency light in the room emits a buzzing sound that kept me awake. The manager did offer to fix it, but I didn't notice any change. Also, since the hotel is like a mix between a hotel and a hostel, there were a lot of noisy people come back late at night, making a lot of noise. For €90 per night, I think you should be able to expect a quiet sleep.

Rooms clean and comfortable. Wifi should be free. You have to pay per device for usage. Worst shower experience of entire trip, NO water pressure.

Me and my friend loved this hostel... Amazing :)

The hostel was amazing. The staff was amazing, helping in everything and 24 hours there. The installations was very nice for an hostel. The hostel is near termini, the main station, it's very easy and fast to go somewhere. O albergue é muito bom. A staff foi incrível, ao estar 24h a ajudar os seus clientes As instalações são muito agradáveis para um albergue. O albergue fica perto da Termini, a principal estação ferroviária, é fácil e rápido para ir a algum lugar.

• 16th May 2014
  • Portugal

Me and my friend loved this hostel, it is pretty much a hotel (so if you expect to have the typical stay in a hostel to meet new people and such, this is not your place) it is very close to Termini station, the staff is really pleasant, helped us out a lot, my friend was sick and they were really nice and watching out for her. Everything was really clean and organized, very clean rooms and bathrooms (stayed on the 5th floor, shared room). All in all it was a great stay, excellent for the price

This hostel was more of a hotel, clean rooms nice beds, tv in room was a plus. Very close to termini station and underground metro. Nice restuarants located nearby. Staff was helpful and kind. The only negative was the size of the towels they provided at a cost of 3.50 euros. They were very small, will Not cover full body, so plan to bring ur own. Would recommend to others and would consider a stay again in future.

Worst service I ever had in my life.

• 7th May 2014

All really great I have been in many hostel, but des artistes is the first one complete I'm so glad. The bathroom and shower excellent. Just internet point close too early maybe a manager can work better about it in the future

• 5th May 2014

It is an average hostel, very clean and with a nice terrace at the roof. No internet in your room unless you pay £2 per day or £5 for your whole stay, but there is free internet in the common area. Breakfast too expensive. There is a good small restaurant crossing the street. The tube is just around the corner. The train station is at 5 min walk. The only thing I didt like was that I paid for a 5 mixed room and they put an extra bed on the second day.

Breakfast was too expensive for what they served and they only had free wifi in a small room and it was very slow

Try to get a room on the fifth floor, those seemed to be much better than those on lower floors, including the washrooms!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

This is a hotel, the only thing that has is that you can reserve one room with two beds and just pay for one bed, it is a little expensive but because it is a hotel!! The only thing I didn't like is you have to pay for the internet, 2 euro for 24 hours or 5 for the hole stay, for the cost of the room it should be included. It's a great location, near to Termini Station and to a Metropolitana Station.