Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

This hostel is a refurbished hotel. There were no bunk bed in the dorm room I stayed, had a locker under my bed, flat screen tv in the room, clean shower/toilet across the room. 5 blocks away from Termini, so you can go anywhere walking from there. Only negative thing is you had to pay for wifi. But if you stay more than a day, the 5€/stay was a good deal. Staff was nice and very helpful.

Hostel is more like a hotel than a hostel. All the staff is really nice, close to termini but a little ways from the center and a lot I'd good bars. Common areas close and there is no where to congregate other than rooms when they do. I liked not having bunk beds but having to be in the room to charge something was inconvenient.

Hostel des Artistes is a staple place. The bathroom got quickly dirty after being clean, but by dirty I only mean humid and the floor was a bit wet, some hairs etc. This is not the fault of staff of course. There are plenty of English speakers and they take in a lot of guests so their system is pretty streamlined. Very quiet area surprisingly and 5 minute walk from Termini. The breakfast is 8 euro but is a buffet. Good place but far from sites, close to Termini.

• 15th Jun 2014

When i left the luggage no body checked that was my bag the one I picked, i could have picked anyone. Internet in 5th floor stop working for a while and I need to buy a 2euros wifi pass. The staff though was very helpful and I think is a good point of this hostal. Very close to Termini station and the restaurant Mamma Di Angela is quite good.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Spain

It's like a hotel

6 bedroom dorm very small, beds are right beside one another, no AC I had to switch hostels. This was more of a Hotel and had no kitchen or lounge area. They also lost my booking both nights. Stay somewhere else!

Just adding on to the pile of reviews here, it really is great that it's run like a home. Of course, this means it lacks some nice hostel features, like lockers under the beds, personal outlets, curtains, etc. Also no AC got rough in Rome's summer. Still, a solid choice if those aren't deal breakers.

Great stay in Rome an amazing value for 20€ a night . If you are after the hostel environment this probably isn't the place as there are no commons or facilities to cook. But I had some amazing room mates and had an awesome time in time because of it . Would recommend to friends and family. Happy travels

Great hostel. Bit more expensive than I'm used to, and to bad that breakfast wasn't included. But it was almost a hotel, with good beds, large and clean showers/toilets. For me the daily cleaning of the beds was not necessary and I would gladly pay less if this wasn't included. Also a less luxerious breakfast included within the price would have been no problem at all. I know I'm complaining about luxery here, but a low price is also important, especially when sleeping in a hostel.

Nice room. Terrible WiFi. Nice neighborhood and close enough to the train station and most major sights.

During the day the rooms are a dream clean, very very well presented you know your in italy, staff great, wifi in top levels or pay 5 euros for whole stay in room, safe only bad thing at night it's loud very loud on street and early in morning so bring earplugs but it's a small price for great place a lot of not good ones in Rome :)

I couldnt find its location whole night i was looking for it and its too far from florence.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Pakistan

Des Artistes was a fantastic place that was extremely close to the Metro station and the train station so it's super easy to get to all the attractions in town and they were very flexible with checkin/out. They respond very quickly to requests and always have suggestions for places to go or eat.

Is greate!!!

Surprisingly inexpensive given its convenient location! The hostel was a perfect place to crash for one night in Rome, somewhat unexpectedly, when a visitor's plans fell through. It is a converted hotel and thus nicer than many hostels I have stayed in (but with the same amenities - shared rooms, group bathrooms, etc.) I spent no more than eight hours here, but I did get a good night's sleep, which is the point of lodging businesses.

• 23rd May 2014

This place was very awkward to stay in. The room we had was for 6 people. The beds were so close together that not even my backpack would fit between mine and the persons next to me. When we came into our room there was a creepy guys just watching tv (in a room for 6 people, what?) and watching everything we did. It was super uncomfortable and not at all a hostel atmosphere. It was cheap but you definitely get what you pay for.

This hostel is very nice. It definitely feels more like a hotel than hostel. It was located in a good part of town, about 10 min walk to Termini train station. It was centrally located right between the colosseum and the Vatican, about at 45-60min walk to either location. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast smelled good but I didn't try it.

This hostel was nice and clean and well located. It was close to a few other hostels too so we went and checked out their bars for a bit of atmosphere, as this one only had the roof terrace (which was actually quiet nice but very quiet). Id stay here again and recommend it. Good location, decent facilities, comfy bed and cheap.

The hostel was quite noisy. The emergency light in the room emits a buzzing sound that kept me awake. The manager did offer to fix it, but I didn't notice any change. Also, since the hotel is like a mix between a hotel and a hostel, there were a lot of noisy people come back late at night, making a lot of noise. For €90 per night, I think you should be able to expect a quiet sleep.

Rooms clean and comfortable. Wifi should be free. You have to pay per device for usage. Worst shower experience of entire trip, NO water pressure.