Hostel Des Artistes Reviews

Via Villafranca 20, 00185, Rome, Italy

Very hot, two locations was confusing

• 17th Jul 2015

Do not go to this hostel in the summer, it has no ac, just a weak fan which led to my being able to get very little sleep over my stay as I was simply too hot (temperatures were around 34 degrees at night). I would recommend this hostel during the cooler months, as the rooms were quite nice, though another criticism is that they make you pay for wifi which seems really quite stingy to me. Overall, there are better places to stay...go to them.

It says its a hostel but is more like a hotel. Lovely clean rooms and is a 2 minute walk from a metro station and a 7-10 minute walk to the main train station. Breakfast was good but was €8 (all you can eat). Very close to good bars and resturants and the metro can take you easily around Rome. Would definitely go back again!

The staff was super helpful and nice at all times!Good location!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Spain

even though it's a mixed dorm we only shared with one other person. bathrooms were the only part shared with all members of the dorm.

The room was nice, but as it was so hot it would have been nice to have more than one fan in the room, air con ideally but obviously it's costly to do that in every room.

Wasn't overally impressed with this hostel. Staff wasn't very helpful. Location was decent. No Air condition. Room was always clean.

This hotel was very clean, in a good location and had comfy beds it was actually really nice not having bunk beds. The only thing I'd say is that with it being so hot the rooms are really, really warm. We did have a fan but didn't really do much. Also wifi is not in the rooms you have to pay extra for it. (Approx 2€ per day)

Definitely more of a hotel which was a nice change but not many opportunities to meet other travelers. Overall a nice place to stay. Wifi is only free in a very hot common room but Rome is hot everywhere. The fan in the room was nice and plenty of room in the rooms to move around. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions to getting places.

The greatest thing about this hostel is the location, very central and less than a 10 minute walk from the main Termini. The hostel itself is very boring and resulting in minimal time spent there.

Several of the shower doors were broken. No air conditioning, so the rooms were sweltering. The neighborhood is very lively, but also very loud late into the night.

Location is good, right by the main metro cross station. Room was hot (but hey its Rome) so luckily we had a fan which was very nice. If I had to offer some positive criticism it would be that the bathroom tended to be a bit messy by the end of the day.

The hostel was perfectly clean and really nice. The rooftop terrace is lovely and I really enjoyed my stay there.It was quite easy to get into the city center. Only the beds were so loud when you or someone else in the room turned at night

More like a hotel really, zero atmosphere and the staff barely even let out a smile.

As my first stop on my travels, Artistes was an ok start. Staff on my first day were not overly helpful with information about sights but did give me a map to find my own way. Facilities aren't great, though individual lockers are given which is great.

Good place to stay with an easy walk from Termini, which made bus usage easy. Room was hot (as was all of Rome) but the oscillating fan helped. Nice to stay in a room with no bunk beds and only a few people. Nice to have an elevator. Some staff members could have been a bit friendlier and more helpful. Rooms were very clean with comfy enough beds and bathrooms were good. I would stay here again.

Great breakfast!!! Also, the bar across the street is a great meeting place.

Very clean well run place they sell little towels for very cheap that I used for the rest of my trip. I'd definitely stay here again but not if I was looking for a hostel atmosphere it was more of a sterile hotel feeling but still very nice. my only complaint was you couldn't charge your phone while you weren't in the room. the outlets turned off after you leave.

Very nice place for short staying

Overall for a hostel, the outcome of the stay was decent, a good fan in the room and all facilities as stated. If you stay purchase the wifi , it does not cost much extra but is more reliable than that free on 5th floor. Also lights cut out a couple of times in the night.