Hostel Die Etage East Reviews

Langhansstra�e 8, Berlin, Germany

really friendly and helpful staff, nice common areas to meet people, great breakfast, would have been nice to have something organised by the hostel at night (like free dinner or a bar crawl)

Best hostel ever. Rooms are really good and staff are amazing. Great value for money, ended up staying an extra night

Spatious rooms, super nice staff, amazing included breakfast, good wifi. It is a bit away from the main attractions, but in Berlin most of things are, and it is well connected... so location is not really a problem. They have lockers which are quite tall, but not very wide, there is lots of space, but kind of hard to fit a backpack inside. There were some issues with hot water and electricity, but they were solved very fast by the staff.

During an interrailing trip, this was the friendliest place we'd stayed by far. Cheap, new, great facilities (although kitchen didn't have a pot, but hey can't win em all). It's not central Berlin however. Get a train from the centre to Alexanderplatz, which is where ONE80 Hostel is. Then a short tram ride up to Anton-platz (M4, €2.25). The plus is that it's beside a cheap supermarket (less than €1 a beer, naggin of Burbon was €2). Then there's a cheap pizza place (€3.90 for a massive pizza)

Solid hostel just a handful of stops away from Alexander Platz. Free breakfast was a nice touch. Wifi worked and the facilities were clean, which are my most important factors.

Great hostel, definitely one of the bests i've ever been to. Good location (with the Tram you can get to anywhere very quickly), good rooms, all very clean, nice toilets and showers, wi-fi worked perfectly, and the staff was very very friendly (especially Diana, new friend!!). 100% recommended :)

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Great hostel, very well looked after place, rooms all extremely clean and the staff were only too happy to help. It is a bit out of the way in comparison with other hostels but still only about a 15 minute tram journey. Only downside was that there was nowhere to chill and meet other people in the hostel, had a very pleasant stay though.

This hostel is very good with very welcoming staff. Huge thanks to Diana who helped me sort out everything I need to know about Berlin. I had a good stay here except sometimes the kitchen got noisy at night. The breakfast is the best I ever had in any hostels. And the guy working on the day I checked out (sorry I didn't get your name) didn't make me pay for the lock - I lost my key initially and they had to break the lock on the locker. I believe in any other hostels I would have to pay for it!

amazing hostel. would go again. the only 'issue' is that you have to use the tram for transport to the city. nicest and cleanest hostel we've been to. nicest staff. amazing breakfast. loved it and wish I could go back to Berlin to use again.

A wonderful and sadly very short stay. I was particularly pleased with the breakfast, both in terms of quantity and quality. The staff were kind and extremely helpful at all times. Lastly, the hostel was impeccably clean, which was impressive. Many thanks.

Great Hostel, very good location, nice Kitchen and with Breakfast Included!

This hostel was recommended by a friend of mine, and now I understand why. Literally the only problem with this hostel is the location. You have to catch a train out to Zagarolo which stops at about 11:30 each night. However the amazing staff will pick you up from the train station if you let them know ahead of time. The hostel was clean, affordable, and has a very relaxing common area to meet other travelers. They also serve cheap dinner and wine! I regret only staying here 1 night.

Such a great hostel- the best of ever stayed at! Great (free!) breakfast, good room setups, fantastic showers, very clean, nice staff, and it was the cheapest hostel I stayed at in Berlin. It's a bit far away from the city center, but there's a tram line less than a block away, which I never even had to buy a ticket for (no one ever checked).Seriously, this is THE Berlin hostel to stay at!

easy access to hostel day or night. clean simple bright rooms. lovely staff who do their best to make you feel better, and they speak spanish and english fluently. breakfast was alright. showers were really bad, nowhere yo hang your clothes or towels, so you have yo put them on a.chair which did not look clean enough to me. thanks god a wall saves your things from getting wet. there is no hansrgohe so you have to hold the showerhead the entire time. for one day i did not see the showers cleaned

Nice breakfast included in price, helpful lady's in reception

I loved this hostel, almost as much as I loved Berlin. It isn't very central but the tram is so easy to use and it is very quick to get to and from Alexanderplatz (Even at 4am) The room was very clean and nicely set out with lockers. The bathroom facilities were clean and functional. The staff were fantastic and so helpful, especially when I was having issues with the German language at the pharmacy. I cannot recommend it enough. Breakfast was great and the wifi worked well.

Great Hostel. Good breakfast. Diana is the best staff ever!! She is awsome! helped us with everything. The staff are always caring about the comfort of the guests. I definitely recommend this place.

Hi! Thanks for your rating and kind words! :) We're happy you enjoyed your stay in our hostel and your trip to Berlin. Hope you managed to catch your bus!!! :D Have a great trip, Diana Team Hostel Die Etage East

Loved this hostel since it was clean, and had an awesome breakfast. Probably the best breakfast I've had in a hostel- just really good variety. When I stayed there, there wasn't much people which made it hard to socialise. Nevertheless, the receptionists were more than willing to provide recommendations of where to go as far as nightspots are concerned.