Hostel Die Etage Reviews

Katharinenstra�e 14, Berlin, Germany

Good hostel, but the room was really hot and the kitchen not well equipped at all. Otherwise, nice place and nice staff! And close to the S-Bahn.

The hostel is pretty good. Dorms are big and have good facilities and big lockers. Showers and toilet are good. The kitchen is really big and it have everything. The staff is a bit bipolar, sometimes they're really nice and sometimes rude... I guess is the Berliner character. One aspect to consider is that the hostel is a bit far from the center or from the coolest places in Berlin like Kreuzberg. So you need to rent a bike or ise public transport all the time.

Staff were great and very helpful! I went by myself but the common room allowed me to make some great friends who I spent my days and night with. The location is a bit bad, being in the west with most things happening in the east, but the s-bahn was easy and close to get to. Will definitely go back!

• 8th Aug 2014

Location is inconvenient and a bit of a walk from the S-bahn station. Doors were often left open and not locked. However, hostel provides free padlocks for lockers. Everything else was fine. Definitely a young, social hostel.

No problems with the hostel, good atmosphere and dorms were spacious and comfortable. Staff were helpful. Only downsides were the location and the kitchen could do with some hobs to make cooking pasta and that easier.

The staff were very helpful here and gave us plenty of suggestions of where to go and in what order to maximise our time in Berlin. They also provided information on where to go each night of the week for nightlife

The environment was very homey, and they had a lot of info about places to go and see, etc. The staff was really friendly and helpful, too. The rooms were nicely kept. The showers were definitely not well-kept, though. There was no effective drainage. Also, there was no way to get cold water. Sure, hot water is a nice luxury, but not when it burns.

• 26th Jul 2014

This place was cheap which is why we chose it. And free wifi worked well. But it smelled bad - musty and dirty feet smell everywhere. One of the showers was broken so that it only went from hot to scalding hot. The doors closed very loudly and jiggled a little another door closed. The common area was roomy, but a freezer would have been very nice. All in all it wasn't a bad stay. We were within walking distance to a cute neighborhood of eating/bars and the S-Bahn.

"Time to go home" "May I at least check the transport i should take to the place I am heading for?" "NO". The check-out time is 10:30 (the earliest I ever seen), it was 10:40am and I was expelled from their place. They are not actually a hostel, but a place to host teen excursions. In the spare time they work as hostel. I don't care sharing a space with teens, but the staff will drive you away, with no mercy. It's one of those places who thinks it's a favour to host you. No, thanks.

The staff was very welcoming. The staff of the hostel was very convienient because they allowed us to check in later than they offered to which was helpful since we couldn't arrive earlier. The presentation of the accomodation by the woman who welcomed us was really clear. The accomodations were clean which made our stay very comfortable. The hostel is far from the center of berlin but it is close to the ZOB which is also a good point when you come by bus to Berlin.

• 20th Jun 2014

Pros: Kitchen, nice living room, spotted maps in the halleways (bars, clubs), a supermarket on the other side of the street, good price, free earplugs Cons: definetely not a party place, no age restriction, sometime not so friendly staff

Ok hostel but just too far from all the action.. Way too far