Hostel Dioklecijan

8.5
Fabulous 500 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 31-40
4th Sep 2017

Perfect location. Perfect host-so friendly, helpful and approachable. Clean and tidy rooms. Small but decent kitchen. Use of washing machine was great!!

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
27th Aug 2017

Very nice stay overall. We stayed 4 nights and really enjoyed our appartment. The only small point was that one of the beds was a bit broken. I hope this gets fixed soon. Very nice and helpful staff, great and very central location. Very recommendable.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
6.0

You must call the hostel owner to let you in once you arrive so be prepared to wait once you get there, and that's if you're lucky enough to have cell service and able to contact them. No front desk or common area, so don't expect to make friends. Really high chance that if you book a dorm, they will move you to another building thats 10 min from the city center with no explanation. Really, really stressful experience, especially if you are a solo traveler.

• Belgium, Male, 31-40
4th Aug 2017

Great location and place to stay to visist Split. Easy to find, 400 m from the city centre, great help from our host Gordana. Best hostel in town!

31st Jul 2017
8.0

The place our room was located was really good, in the city center. But it was a private room and the hostel has lots of other buildings with makes it impossible to know exactly where you're staying before getting there (and you have to go up lots of stairs just to check in even if you're not staying in the main building). Didn't see anyone from staff except for check in time and they were ok then. Clean.

16th Jul 2017

For women traveling, this is an amazing hostel! The owner, we called her Mamma, was so kind and welcoming! She always looked out for us and we had an amazing stay! Very clean and very friendly environment. Got a lot of good recommendations too!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2017

The owner and her son were amazing. I had booked the larger door room but after realising I was travelling by myself, they moved me into the 3 bed dorm so I could sleep after what had been a few big weeks. The son took me through a map and made some great suggestions of things to see and places to eat. Their introduction was very thorough and they were so willing to help. The location is great. It is not well signed but google maps took me there without a problem. Definitely recommended.

• England, Female, 41+
4th Jul 2017

Lovely, friendly owner. Local knowledge. Fantastic central location. Very clean. Air-conditioning.

15th Apr 2017
5.1

There was no reception area, and upon arrival there was nobody to meet me. I knocked on a number of doors, disturbing other guests and residents, before I finally called the host so I could be let in (and their contact info is incorrect.) This is NOT a hostel. I ended up sleeping on the couch in an apartment that was being rented by 4 college girls. There was no kitchen, no trash cans, no common area. They also required that I pay the reservation fee again upon arrival.

• Spain, Couple, 31-40
5th Apr 2017

Difficult to find since there's no sign at the entrance, but compensated with a great location and helpful staff

×