Hostel Dobre Sedlo Reviews

Uhelna 421/3, Ricany, Prague, Czech Republic

You certainly get what you pay for at this hostel. A bed. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants to be in the heart of Prague, but if you are seriously trying to travel cheap, it's a decent spot. My friend and I had eurail passes, so we didn't spend extra money getting to and from the city centre. I think that made it worth it, and we still had a great visit in Prague! No one on staff spoke English, but you could still get your point across.

Too far from the main city.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Nepal

The location wasn't really bad at all it's one direct train in and out, plus the little town your in is amazing! So pretty. Not much English but you can still communicate. The rooms were pretty big and clean and the new washrooms are actually really nice.

We pulled up to a creepy gate very early in the morning and there were construction workers giving my friend and I the eye. We had just traveled for 13 hours on a bus and didn't want anything to do with the creepy old men. The lady at the desk didn't speak any english so our communication was all of us just talking at each other not understanding what the other was saying. Not ideal. Poor location. We stayed there that night and then canceled our other two nights because it was just too strange.

Pretty far from the centre, but it was ok, because we were with a car. We had the most cheap room and it was quite good for this money. None of staff spoke English (I dealt with four receptionists), but some did understand Russian. One of receptionists was all the time talking by phone and as we had room right next to the reception, it did disturb us a lot. She started somewhat at 8 at the morning, continued, when we left for our day out of the hostel and still talked util one at night.

I arrived at the hostel at migth nigth at despite I had reservation and there is 24h reception, the person didn't want to make my checkin saying that the hostel was full, I had to go to a hotel and for the first nigth. It has been my worst experience in a hostel in Europe. Most of the staff don't speak English including the person who was in the reception that nigth and the next day in the morning wheb I came back yo ask fot an explanation. Don't receive cards.

Ideally somebody should answer phone calls but staff was indeed kind