Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

Location was great! All the main attractions were within walking distance. Very safe and the staff were very friendly. A huge plus was that I had very considerate and super nice dorm mates who were more than willing to share their travel tips and stories. Did not use much of their facilities though!

Top hostel if u want to explore Prague's amazing nightlife! Super central location. At night they even had to guards in the entrance area. Great staff.

Maybe the best hostel i've ever been! The room was beyond our expectation, really clean and well secured with plenty of cameras in the building. And ofcourse the really friendly staff made it look like the ideal place for young people to hang around.

Top hostel! Location - perfect, staff - amazing!! Kitchen and bathrooms are clean and tidy. The communal area is great for just hanging out chatting with people. The atmosphere it this hostel is really good because the hostel staff host activities that bring people together :) big, spacious rooms as well with good lockers.

Brent was an excellent host. He lead the beer tasting event and then took the group to a 'typical' Czech bar. He was friendly and lots of fun. Overall it was a great time.

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff was very professional, friendly, and very helpful. Very clean. Lots of activities everyday. Great amosphere! Great location, only 1-2 walk to a tram stop, few min to metro station, and walking distance to the centre of the old town. Highly recommended.

Most friendly and welcoming hostel staff ever. Went above and beyond to make sure my friend and I got placed in the same room after some reservation mishaps. Had planned free activity for those staying in the hostel, and made everyone feel safe and happy. Above all they were fun and friendly. I didn't want to leave this place!

• 9th Oct 2014

There wasn't the best atmosphere to meet people if traveling alone, but the location was good and staff were friendly. Luckily I had met other people to meet up with in the city and just needed the bed to sleep in, so I enjoyed my stay. But if I was traveling alone again and wanted to meet people, I might not choose Hostel DownTown again.

Everything about this place is amazing, but what really makes it is the staff. No tricky tips for you, other than just to stay here and enjoy everything that is Prague and Downtown. Such an amazing place

Great Stay overall. Thanks!

• 6th Oct 2014

Amazing hostel. Awesome friendly staff who went out of their way to help you. Pavlina's cooking sessions and culture tour are a must. Also check out Gil's marionette show. It's really funny :)

One of the best hostels in Europe. Large spacious rooms with a lot of light, amazing view of Prague from the 6th floor., nice social area. The staff are very kind and helpful. Paulina's potato pancakes were great and she's lovely. Both Karal & Barbara at the front desk are so helpful and friendly. Mirek's free ghost tour at night was so much fun. The location is excellent. Wifi was fantastic. I would have happily extended my stay here if I didn't have other plans already. Would definitely return

The free tour around Prague's old town is nice. And the hostel is really near the old town of Prague:)

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • China

This amazing place makes weary travellers feel right at home. Only a 2 minute walk away from the nearest metro. Close to all amenities and attractions. The staff (Karel!) are brilliant as they are helpful, even at 3am in the morning. I'll stay there again soon!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Hi Daniel, we are so happy to welcome you back all the time. Its pity you met only Karel (this time) because all of ours colleague - Bára, Hanka, Sára, Adam, Karel, Vojta (receptionists) - Pája, Gil, Mirek (animators team) - Marina and Viki (cleaning ladies) and Mirek (handyman) - are brilliant all the time - and I am so happy for it :-) Thank you. Regards, jakub, manager.

Clean and spacious dorm, helpful staff, excellent breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again. We only stayed 1 night, so our experience in the hostel was limited, but as with most people, we were just looking for a good place to sleep/pass out at. The location was great, staff was very friendly and the room was the largest we had during our vacation. Price wasn't bad at all. Didn't try the breakfast so I can't speak to that, but they do have beer onsite (pretty cheap, 40 crown) and there is good end of the night food right outside the frontdoor.

Yes Yes Yes! Thank you Casey. I would also recommend to stay with us as well stay longer then 1 night and try our breakfast. What a good choice :-) Thank you and I hope you will stay longer next time. Regards, jakub, manager.

This is the biggest hostel I have ever stayed in which can be a good thing if you are looking to meet people. It was an enjoyable stay and the staff was very nice and helpful. The hostel puts on free activities almost nightly, so that's a cool addition. It is located in a very central spot within walking distance to pretty much everything.

Dear Stefan, yes - you are right - because we opened new private ensuite room during last year - we are really one of the biggest hostels in Prague - but we decided to do our best to keep the "atmosphere" of small hostels where every guest can feel personal care and love :-) and I am happy to see that we are successful very often. Thank You! Regards, jakub,manager.

Hostel Downtown was a great place to stay. The staff were helpful and friendly. The free city tour is a must! This hostel felt safe and comfortable, great atmosphere. Overall, a good experience!

Hi Suzette, what a great comment! Thanks a lot for it. We hope to offer you same comfort during your next visit - and we hope to meet you soon again :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

0 it was a great hostel.

1 It is a great comment.

Really good hostel! Everything was excellent! Great location, very cheap and tasty breakfast and helpful staff!

Yes! Dear Elena - we are very glad to read it! We would like (we will do our best) to keep the quality, services and prices :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7