Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

Can not fault this hostel. Easily one of the best I've stayed in all over Europe. Very helpful staff, great facilities and a large common area to meet some new people over a few drinks or just kick back and relax and have a chat. Would not stay anywhere else in Prague

• 10th Aug 2014

We stayed here in early August in a group of 5 lads. The hostel has everything you need and is in a good location. More importantly the staff were amazing very helpful and friendly in particular Sarah (maybe Zara) and Adam. We were a difficult bunch at times and Adam was really helpful in sorting a few issues out with some windows :). Overall really enjoyed the stay and would highly recommend.

• 8th Aug 2014

Nice and friendly hostel in a great location, only downside is the high noise level if facing the street.

• 7th Aug 2014

Nice Hostel with nice, accommodating staff. There were fun planned activities every night. Breakfast was 3.50 Euros (in Korunas), but consisted of eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, with milk or yoghurt, juice, and a variety of coffees from a machine, (and likely more that I'm forgetting). My only problem was that our room overlooked the street, so it was too loud to sleep with the window open into the morning with the street noise, and too hot to sleep with it closed (no AC).

• 5th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Security had the potential to be good, with all the internal doors operated by keycard, but they were always left open - possibly for ventilation. There are lockers, but not enough for each room. First hostel I've ever been in that didn't have a toilet in the room. Toilets in the corridor had no ventilation, but were kept clean. Front of house staff were lovely. Big communal area with cooking facilities. Lots of trips/activities. Good beds. Central location.

Great staff, nice atmosphere and lots of to do things organized by the hostel. Only our room had some spider problems.

• 4th Aug 2014

Great location...close to Old Town and all of the sites. They are doing a major tear down construction on a building across the street....keep that in mind if yo like to sleep late. Hard to sleep with windows open (no AC) with a building being demolished 50 meters away. Great common area...they have a huge kitchen/food storage area. Excellent experience overall.

Location: 5 min walk to the republic square , metro and the river (10 min from old town square), bakery, kebat, kfc ect.. right around the corner. Safety: keycards for the general entrance+room, lockers in the room. no remarks here. Also very clean. Staff: very friendly atmosphere: they have stuff planned every day, I didn't participate but it looked like a lot of fun. The kitchen is huge and the breakfast is huge. big hostel but still good atmosphere. No negative remarks, would visit again.

My favorite hostel of my whole trip! The whole place was very bright and cheerily colorful. The staff was really helpful and knowledgable on everything, whether it was about a good place to eat, what activities to do, or best places to go out at night. Also, the hostel offered a lot of their own activities, like beer tastings and cooking lessons and dancing shows...all sorts of stuff! Plus, the rooms themselves were a great place to spend time, not to mention the common area downstairs.

Good hostel and great location. Dining area is nice and big too if you feel like eating at home some nights. Facilities are clean, beds aren't insanely comfortable but that didn't really matter.

• 30th Jul 2014

I've stayed in many hostels and to my opinion, this one has it all. It is a great place to meet people, the staff is very helpful, and the rooms are confortable. The common area is as well. They definitely raise the bar high.

I had a fantástic time in prague, and I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel and in this city. The staff was great!!Bara helped me heaps, and Jirka was great too. Not to say the great atmosphere that this place have...hungarian cooking classses for free with great people, so much fun!beautiful views from my room on the sixth floor. Big and clean dorms with big lockers. When ever I go back to Prague, I would definitely repeat at this place .so good for people travelling alone.thanks!!!,

I had a single room which was spacious and clean. If you have to take the elevator to your room, you need to reserve an extra 10 minutes for that each time you come and go. It's quite slow. Bottom line, decent rooms, basically zero interaction because the common area is rather lame and the staff doesn't organize any activities.

I loved staying at Hostel Down Town! The people staying there consist of travellers of all ages, and convene in a friendly kitchen area most mornings for an all you can eat buffet breakfast. The rooms we stayed in were spacious and layed out nicely, although the air circulation was probably the only thing that bothered us at night when trying to get a cool breeze through it was a little tough! All in all though, the staff were incredibly helpful in terms of directions, taxis, and sights to see!

Probably the best hostel i have ever stayed at in my years of travelling europe. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, wifi in rooms!!, great kitchen and common room. Excellent social activities daily. Right next to a Kebab shop and convenience store. Takes about 5 minutes to walk to old town square. STAY HERE, it wont disappoint.

In general the hostal is pretty good, the people are really nice and helpful, the location is fantastic, the rooms are confortable and the bathrooms are always clean. The breakfast is the best! Cheap and tasty!

It was a great stay, I will definitely stay there again when I visit prague!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Syria

Great location and staff. I was able to walk everywhere I needed to go in Prague. I also loved how there were daily activities for the guests. When it was pouring one day and I decided to stay in, there was plenty to do. I was able to meet other people in the hostel in the common area, I cooked a meal led by the staff, and watched a very....interesting...puppet show.

I really liked that the programme of activities was extensive and that the staff were all helpful, for instance with the cooking/baking sessions and booking taxis. Also, the all-female dorms weren't any more expensive than the mixed ones, which had been the reason we'd gone for Hostel Downtown.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

We had a lovely stay at this hostel because of its great location and friendly staff! It was a lot harder to meet people at this hostel than it was at many others we stayed at though. Our room was nice, but the floor was dirty, with clumps of hair on the ground and a few spiders as well. Overall we really enjoyed our stay, but it would have been even better without the bugs and hair!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6