Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel was excellent! Especially the room! More than I could have asked for. The girls on reception were really nice and explained everything clearly. Plus the location was excellent for visiting the city.

Spotless, kind staffs If I'd visit again, I'd like to stay here again

The hostel was exceptional. Very nice staff, great rooms and lots of additional services. I'd recommend it to everyone!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Austria

I booked a private double bed room for me and my girlfriend. Everything was great about this hostel. It was secure but also relaxed and comfortable. I will stay again when I return to Prague.

The Hostel is very nice, specially its location and the staff members! Only one recommendation, if your drying machine is not working you should NOT advertise, or mark as one of your services. I saw another review about 1 or 2 month ago saying that the drying machine was not working properly, but I thought that it was ok by now... it was not the case.

Very nice hostel. Friendly staff and free activities. Very clean. Would go back for sure.

Overall very good value for money and the staff was really helpful! Some minor negative comments: My friend and I were staying on the 6th floor and the water pressure at the shower was slightly weak . The blanket provided was also a bit too small. Other than that the stay has been brilliant and I would recommend it!

• 29th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Hostel DownTown. The staff were very welcoming as soon as I got there, helped me find things to do around town, and answered all my questions. Also, I arrived on Thanksgiving and they cooked an awesome meal for us! I lucked out and had good roommates, though people the next room over were often loud and inconsiderate. Not at all the hostel's fault, but just how it goes sometimes. I appreciated the large lockers and the beds were comfy enough. Overall, good value for the $

I had an amazing time at Hostel Downtown. The staff and all of the guests were very friendly! The hostel also organizes lots of events for the guests for free and go out of their way to make sure you have a great time.

• 27th Nov 2014

Hostel Downtown was the best hostel I have ever stayed in.The hostel was located in a perfect location within short walking distance between Prague's sights.However the best part of the hostel was the staff.My brother and I nicknamed the receptionists Sara,Bara,and Karel the dream team for a reason.Each of them helped us with any problem or question we had with a smile on their faces and each of them were lovely people which brightened each day and our stay.Very homey atmosphere and clean rooms.

• 27th Nov 2014

Everything about this hostel was excellent! The staff were incredibly welcoming from the moment I walked in the door until well after I checked out. The cooking classes with Mirek and Pavlina gave me a real homestyle taste of Czech flavor, and the homey atmosphere in the common areas was perfect. Bonus: they have a piano.

Really loved this hostel. Felt secure with multiple key card entryways. Decent, filling breakfast. Staff were helpful. Good location, only 10 min walk to main square. Easy to do tours from here. Wifi was fast all over. If you do laundry at the hostel, beware the dryer sucks so maybe hang dry or go to somewhere else for laundry. Overall a great stay, would return!

Friendly staff and a good location. Cleanliness was a little off but not too bad. Hot water avalible only at certain times. Bare bones aminities, but I think a good value for Prague.

Good hostel. It's really close to a metro station and close to downtown. The staff is really friendly and the breakfast is okay. Unfortunately there was no locker in my room. But anyway, I would come back for sure.

Very lovely people at the hostel, and the location is great as well.

Great place to stay at a good price. Staff were excellent. No complaints. Without doubt I'd recommend!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hostel was in a great location near grocery story, shops, restaurants and a 5-10 min walk to old town. The front desk staff were ok- nothing great, but Meirik and Brent were the best. Brent organized a pub crawl after his cooking class and dropped people off at two different types of bars knowing different tastes - genuine nice guy! Georg's piano playing was the best. Playing during our breakfast and our dinners.

Hi Kimberly, thanks for your feedback.i am happy that you enjoyed the care and service of our events team. Its not so positive to read your words about our desk-staff - which are usually also helpful and great (I will mention your comment during our next regular meeting to remind how they are important). Greeting from all of us - specially from Mirek (responsible for free tours and cooking sessions), Brent(pub crawl walks, cooking sessions) and Georg - our guest :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

Great location, Friendly staff. Very secure.

Hi Jay, thank you for your stay and nice comment! Perfect to see that you enjoyed our most important services. Regards, jakub, manager.

Great atmosphere and amazing staff!

Hi Jeremy, thank you. And do you know our secret? Great guests make amazing atmosphere of the hostel :-) Thank you for all of YOU! Regards, jakub, manager.

Good location, helpful staff, complementary computers, what's not to love? Ghost tour was a bit anticlimatic (then again, it was free).

• 9th Nov 2014

Dear Kurtis, thank you, thank you, thank you. Its always awesome to see our guests falling in love with hostel Downtown. I hope to meet you soon again :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7