Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

A fairly long walk from the train station so consider using a bus. Hostel location was central to the old town. Ghost tour was informative and fun - cool staff member running it. Activities everyday from the hostel. Big and modern kitchen.

Hostel Down Town was one of my favourite hostels that I stayed in during my trip around Europe. It has a sociable atmosphere, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's in an ideal location and it does a great job of organising a range of activities for guests. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Prague but especially to anyone travelling on their own as it's almost impossible not to make friends!

Our party of three really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had a very big room for three people with a en-suit. The location was perfect very close to the town square and main attractions as well as the walk home from the pub crawl. The hostel had a kitchen which was great to make your own meals even though food is so cheap to buy! Staff were very helpful! Would stay again!!

I had the most warm welcome from Bara at the reception which kickstarted a wonderful stay at the hostel. She was very welcoming and helped me understand some Czech phrases, although I'm still rubbish! I think I have a soft spot for her and hope she got some of the chocs I left for the team :) The day tour with Mirek was fun and after this we got up to a lot of adventures and explored Prague, the highlight being trying the TRAP Prague game that was a lot of fun! Great time in Prague, thank you!!

Great spot to meet new people and explore this awesome city.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Great hostel with very friendly staff. I would use it again.

• 1st Sep 2014

Really nice and helpful staff. The 6 people room we had was really clean, and so was the private bathroom. The hostel is located close to breakfast places, bars and clubs. It was really easy to visit and come back all by feet. We could even let our luggages for free on the last day of stay.

Super Hostel, met lots of nice people, staff is very polite and friendly, everything clean! Absolutely to recommend!

• 28th Aug 2014

Down town is a really good hostel , everything is clean and confortable , i met a lot of interesting people :)

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice hostel, staff were friendly and helpful. Room was big and clean, there was good wifi throughout and in the rooms. Good activities offered by the staff, friendly atmosphere. Would recommend this hostel to friends.

Room was dirty and filled with spiders. Bed wasn't ready for me when I got there and sheets weren't changed promptly enough after people left. Meanwhile, the front desk staff was very apologetic and helped whenever they could.

very friendly and helpful staff, nice hostel

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Wales

Adam and the new hire at the front desk(can't remember her name) were both very helpful and enthusiastic! They always went out if their way to be helpful. The common areas were great for meeting people as were the affordable day and evening events put on by the staff introducing travelers to the city through various media(tours, beer tastings, etc.). What every hostel should strive to be.

The breakfast was totally worth the cost!

We stayed in a twin room and the stay was fine... Nothing fancy about the place and bathrooms look abit dated but clean and good staff

Hostel DownTown was a very nice place to stay. I stayed in a private room with two of my friends, the beds were comfortable enough, the room was surprisingly spacey and there was a decent bathroom. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was nice with a good variety. I would definitely stay again, and would recommend it.

• 17th Aug 2014

Fantastic value for your money! Great internet from everywhere in the hostel! Lovely kitchen! Great activities... Though you have to get lucky because though there are 2 free activities (such as tours) everyday, most activities only take place once a week

Everything was simply perfect!!

Staff is cool with lots of activities every night, but other than those it can be a little hard to meet people as a solo traveler. Easily the best breakfast of anywhere I stayed (I think it was 3 Euro). Good location for seeing all of the touristist stuff, getting into Czech neighborhoods, and going out at night. Not enough lockers in the room, and you'll actually end up in something of a split room for the dorms so if you pay 4 or 8 beds it will really be 12.

For how well everything was organised and dressed, the beds were a slight disappointment.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7