Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

Great hostel with great atmosphere.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough! :)

The receptionist are great, very helpful and friendly - the cleaners/breakfast ladies are not. They don't greet just stare at you, come in the dorms to change beds in the morning before the check out is due, which makes you feel kicked out. They didn't clean the room daily not even the bathrooms which is OK when there are only 1 or 2 people but it was a dorm for 9 girls! They offer great activities like cooking classes and language courses though. Would stay there again.

Brilliant place in city centre. Staff is extremely helpful. Thank you.

I have never stayed in such an amazing place...it beats hotels and other hostels by far! They are located so close to everything. I was excited everyday to see what the hostel was doing from free cooking classes and tours to beer tasting and language lessons! They create an atmosphere that is welcoming and makes it easy to meet other travelers! When I return in the spring I have no questions as to where I am staying!

• 5th Apr 2014

Security was pretty lax; wasn't sure that the staff always knew who was actually staying in the hostel and who had just slipped in just by ringing the buzzer.

• 5th Apr 2014

I enjoyed the pleasant stay. Everyone in the hostel were helpful.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • India

Very pleasantly surprised by this hostel! The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the location was perfect for all the main sights and night clubs.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Greece

I would most definitely recommend this hostel. It has a great location. You have a common kitchen where you can have coffee, tea. You can attend the ongoing events, you can also arrange an event. It was really really so good. I stayed in a double bed private ensuite room. The room had a really nice view. The room itself was also good, not depressing and stuff like that. If I would go to Prague again -which I most definitely will- I will stay here again! Thanks for everything!

Very good location! The staff is good!

Fantastic friendly staff who speak perfect English, amazing location and brilliant prices. Not to mention the spacious and clean rooms - will be sure to come again!

• 20th Mar 2014

BRAVO hostel DOWNTOWN management! Your staff is friendly and kind (recepcionists as well as kitchen ) Special warm regards to Miss Pavlina, she is absolutely adorable - its a must to attend her classes, language ,cooking or dancing. It's a great feeling when you are coming back to hostel after a brilliant day of exploring Prague, and it feels like you are going back to home: warm tea is always there, some great .guys playing piano or guitar...WOW what more do you need? Location SUPERB,

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Croatia

Nice room to sleep in ,plenty of space,shower and toliets very clean

• 6th Mar 2014

Great location, nice and friendly staff, very clean - recommendable!

I can totally say that the best hostel I've ever stayed! Location is perfect, I would say middle of Charles Bridge and Old downtown. Everywhere is clean, kitchen is so big and equipped. Wifi connection is very fast and you connect easily from 3rd floor.(I stayed 3rd floor, I don't know higher floors). Receptionists are so friendly and helpful. If I go to Prague again, this hostel will be my hostel again!

Dear Adem, thanks a lot for the time you spend with this comment - with really great comment. We are very happy that you enjoyed so much your stay with us. I would recommend you to stay next time in 6th floor where is also fantastic view to the Old Town and Wifi connection is also perfect :-) I hope to welcome you soon again. Best regards, jakub, manager.

The Hostel was nice, just like expected at the price. Breakfast was o.k. for the price. But what i really didn't like was the payment. I had to pay 8% more than Hostelworld calculated on my booking confirmation (because they use wrong changing rates from euro). The man at the desk told me i could try to find someone who changes in the rigt way an then pay in CZK when i complained about that. Won't come back because i expact to pay what is on my bookin confirmation.

Hi,thanks for your comment. I am happy you like our hostel and I would like to reply only to your comment about payment. I am afraid there is the Czech Crown as a official currency in the Czech Republic (and not Euro)-so the price you can see on hostel world is only for your information and we are not able to guarantee you the rate they are using. So the best way how to pay in Czech (globally) is CZK-you can pay almost everywhere with euros but the rate is not so good like in bank. jakub,manager

many tnx..maybe one of the best hostel we've ever been to. amazing kitchen and common area :D booked a 3bed room,and stayed in 5bed room, alone :D tnx to the girls who made free pizzas on free pizza night :) was truely tasty.. would def recommend

Dear guest, great to read your comment. I hope (as well as Pája and Giuliana - our pizza girls) to meeting you soon again. Best regards, jakub, manager.

Fine stay at this hostel, just the staff wasn't especially helpful. But the location is really good to stay for a weekend or so.

• 31st Jan 2014

This was with no doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Everything was just so perfect and I felt really safe and welcome. Actually, the activities that they amazingly enough did for us all the time made me want to stay more at the hostel than actually see the city. Especially Pavlinas Czech courses and baking sessions, Pavlina is the sweetest girl!

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Dear Elvira, this is with no doubt one of the best comment i have read this year. Thanks a lot for it as well as thanks a lot for your stay. How i have told to you when you were leaving - you are very welcome to participate our activities during your studying in Prague. Best regards and special greetings from Pavlina. I hope to meet you soon again, jakub, manager.

The hostel is amazing , the view is fantastic and the rooms are big and comfortable, the only problem is there aren't enough plugs in the female dormitory! The staff is very friendly and helpful! I recommend this hostel!

Hi Mariana, thanks a lot for your stay and very pleasant comment. I can only say that our new female dorm on the 6th floor is the room of the year 2013 without any doubts. And how you mentioned - we only need to solve the problem with the plugs and its the challange of the year 2014. We hope to welcome you here again some day. Best regards, jakub, manager.