Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

Very friendly atmosphere. Maybe the hostel was the best thing in my prag trip.

All I have to say is Brent is the man, he works here and he will take you to some awesome places on his beer tours or walking tours, which is free! The atmosphere is awesome, people are great, and the hostel is just fun over all! I highly recommend!

The staff and extra perks make this Hostel truly unique. The expansive schedule of free activities made sure that I was always busy, and the staff was more than happy to point you towards other external options if you wanted to switch things up. Brent specifically is the man. Spent several nights on his beer tours and cooking sessions, and the guy is a blast. Does everything out of the kindness of his heart and makes sure that you fall in love with Prague as much as he has. I loved my stay here

I loved staying at this hostel, it has probably been my favorite out of the other 8 that's I've stayed at all around Europe. The staff is excellent, so nice, and helpful. This hostel made me feel more at home and more comfortable. I definitely would recommend it to anyone. The location is excellent, it's right at the center. I didn't have to take the subway once or any kind of public transportation!

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Best hostel I've stayed in! From the get go the staff were wonderful and the daily events are worth your time!! 24 hour staff, lockers, and key card access at every door so security was never a concern. Breakfast is good and filling. The rooms are open and spacious, so you don't feel stuck in a box. There aren't very many toilets or showers per floor, but I didn't have any issues. Brent is great so make sure you talk to him! I can't say enough good things... I would return in a heartbeat!!

After about a month of traveling alone, I can say that Downtown was the best Hostel I stayed at ever. While I was there I felt like the staff cared about me and how my trip was going. The hostel offered free cooking classes, tours, and pub crawls that were not only greeat but off the beaten path as well. Usually, I am not one for big group events many hostels put on but I would reccomend doing as many as you can there. If I was to go back to Prague I would stay at Downtown without question.

staff are nice, room are comfortable, good location~ best to stay in prague

Hostel downtown is underrated. It is clean, comfortable, vibrant, has excellent facilities (very nice kitchen, well kept bathrooms, huge comfy lounge area). The staff took us out to interesting, not crowded bars. I was so so pleased with my experience and I'm sad I could only stay there one night. One last thing... It's in a great location. About a ten minute stroll to the center of towns square. You should stay here.

Staff very helpful, was clean and tidy. Fantastic location walking distance to everything. Laundry facilities on site which was very handy.

I had a great time at this hostel and it was so easy to meet people. The pub crawl was really good and I had an amazing time with people I met in my room. The cooking session was also really good and ended up getting a tasty meal for free. Good lockers in room and very secure - key-card for rooms, good showers and good kitchen.

Everyone who works at that hostel is amazing! I came as a solo traveller but I left with so many friends! They do excellent activities that involve engaging the whole hostel. Brent is the coolest guy ever, he does cooking activities and the food is delicious. Brent if you're reading this, it's the black girl that had the blue hair and I asked about the reggae bar. You're too awesome!

• 21st Jun 2015

So friendly and the bed was so comfortable. Easy access to the centre of town. Loved it!

• 21st Jun 2015

EXCELENT!!!

Lovely staff, really helpful and always an activity going on run by them, loved the cooking one!! Excellent room as well,very clean.

The staff was very nice and the hostel was 1 block from the river so the location was great. We requested a cab in the morning and the hostel helped us called one, which arrived promptly without any problems. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was clean. We were a group of 3 and stayed in a 3 person private ensuite.

My sister and I had such an awesome time at Hostel Downtown! The location was perfect for sightseeing during the day and at night we had so much fun participating in the tons of free events and mingling with fellow hostel-ers. Brent was so fun and charismatic- expertly leading the free cooking class an beer tour. He even helped us get onto a later semi-private pub crawl after our cooking class ended a little after the crawl started. One critique is that the lockers in the room are not huge.

This hostel in downtown Prague is the best hostel I've been to. We were so happy with the welcome we received. The staff accommodated us and were very generous with there time and advice. We are looking forward to visiting this hostel again. Sincerely, Colleen Wentworth

• 15th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel & hard to fault. Clean, secure, great breakfast, good common areas, activities & more.

This was a great hostel to stay at! Overall my experience in the hostel was very good. The staff were very kind, and the location is great. Only a 10-15 minute walk from the major monuments and squares in Prague. Also the breakfast is pretty good, they provide juices, eggs, pancakes, sausages, and other breakfast amenities. Also the morning tour with Gill was very enjoyable, he was great. I highly advise that you do the tour.

• 12th Jun 2015

Oh Yes! I like your comment. Thanks a lot for it as well as for your stay. I am really happy that you enjoyed our breakfast (which are not incl. price - but we really hope that the buffet all you can eat for 4 euros only is good start of the day and its great to have these feedbacks...) and yes - we are so happy to have Gil in our team because his tours are really really fantastics. We hope to meet you again in future. Best regards, jakub, manager.

I only stayed here for one night at the last minute because I missed my connection out of Prague, BUT I liked what I saw. Great common areas and activities to bring travelers together, rooms were comfortable and loved the ensuite bathrooms and the view of the city. Comfortable beds, good facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7