Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

I really liked that the programme of activities was extensive and that the staff were all helpful, for instance with the cooking/baking sessions and booking taxis. Also, the all-female dorms weren't any more expensive than the mixed ones, which had been the reason we'd gone for Hostel Downtown.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Great staff and very helpful. Spacious private room and not such a stag party hostel like some others. The free walks and classes are terrific and help you settle in to Prague. Recommended.

Very helpful staff, ideal location...close to shops etc.

BED BUGS!!!! Took videos of my bed and got my money back upon showing all of my bug bites to the receptionist. JUST BEWARE. And yes.... this happened 5 days ago. Hopefully they are working VERY diligently to get rid of this problem before it becomes massive. I was also upset that they laughed about it when they came to look at my bed (AND SAW THE BUGS). They also didn't come up to my room to check them out after about 40 minutes of waiting. Cheap- yes, good location- yes.. bedbugs=not worth it!

Dear Alyssa,we are sorry and upset. I am afraid-so many people stayed in this room during last month that we did not catch the first (bug) one there. I have really found few of them close to your bed after your check-out. We immediately closed the room and call the specialists to "clean" it. I am happy that the room is already OK. I am sure i will discuss with my team your complain very seriously. Sorry for your experinece - i would like to offer you next stay with us for free. jakub, manager.

This place is awesome!! Me and 4 of my friends stayed here for 3 nights and we absolutely loved it. They give u all the information u could ever ask for about the city and the staff is extremely kind and helpful. It's also perfectly located right in the heart of downtown. Next time i go to prague ill definitely be staying here again.

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff was awesome....many activities offered.....tours, cooking, etc......they really went above and beyond!

Great location. Wonderful room. Amazing staff! We had a great an awesome experience at The Downtown Hostel.

Took part in cooking on 2 occasions and was fun and free to boot! Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone and so far was the best by far of other 2 which have stayed, staff excellent and very helpful.

• 9th Jul 2014

The hostel was nice and clean. We were there under the world cup and all of the hostel gathered together in front of the TV to watch the finale - really good atmosphere. The hostel arranged free walking tours and free cooking sessions every day.

I have spend the past 3 weeks traveling Europe and this is probably my favorite hostel that I stayed at. I'm a little biased though, since I got to stay in a room on the 6th floor with the most amazing view of the city.... That was priceless!!!!!!!!! So beautiful and a pretty good location as well.

excellent location and the beds were the most comfortable that we had slept in. the staff were really helpful and friendly also

A great place to stay in Prague. Big spaces, chilling room, kitchen, dinig room and dorm room. He staff is very friendly.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great location! Can walk to all the main attracts and bars! Would stay here again

Nice hostel overall - staff at the front desk (esp. Sara) was friendly and helpful in recommending things to do around the city. Also, I really enjoyed doing the cooking nights - Pavlina was great! Everyone was very friendly the the vibe was really nice. My only complaint would be that the facilities weren't the cleanest (I don't think the rooms were cleaned every day and they smelled a little weird), but it wasn't horrible. Overall I enjoyed my stay :)

Great staff-very helpful, tons of suggestions for things to do while in Prague. Beds are comfy and my 6 bed all girl dorm was spacious. Bathroom with showers is right outside the door and extremely private. Security was excellent with needing the card key for multiple doors, and large locker for bags. I would definitely stay here again.

• 6th Jul 2014

Good clean hostel, near to old town and parking. Beds are not comfy, mattresses are too thin, you are more or less sleeping on wood panelling and pillows have no bounce. Other than that it's clean and good value for money. Plenty of activities are organised also.

The hostel sits in the heart of Prague 1. The main spots are all within walking distance. It's a little pricy, but the location is hard to top. The staff is great. They were all very knowledgeable and supportive. The rooms are OK, nothing special. My only complaint was we went went the city was experiencing warmer than average temps. There is minimal airflow in the three rooms we had (All in different areas of the hostel), which made for very warm morning and uncomfortable sleeping.

This is an awesome hostel! Staff organizes and events and will let you know what's going on. Even better is the location, right in the middle of everything. Only gripe is the shower was a little strange, no curtain and handheld shower head. Nonetheless an incredible place, highly recommend!

We absolutley loved this hostel, staff were great especially all the guys and girls on reception. There was so much to do that was organised by the hostel including language lessions, cooking and free walking tours. Just a really cool, very clean place in a fantastic location! We will be back!!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Highly reccomended! Staff was super friendly and helpful. The area was very well located.

• 30th Jun 2014