Hostel DownTown Reviews

Narodni 19, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel is in a great location within walking distance of all the major attractions. Awesome breakfast and the free events put on by the hostel are also wonderful! The walking tour with Brent was great, he takes you to lots of cool places that the usual tours don't go to but are so worth seeing! Feels like you are just exploring the city with a friend. I loved staying here and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

The rooms were large but very sparse. It was tough to find outlets and the beds left something to be desired. The staff was great though and really made it an enjoyable stay. Definitely do the cooking class and the breakfast is top notch for only 100 crowns.

Great location, easy walk to everywhere. i liked the card access, but the lockers could have been larger. Great, friendly and knowledgeable staff very eager to help which made the stay easy. Beds etc were fine. Atmosphere was ok, i didn't make time to do the activities, but the hostel attracts friendly traveller's and limits big groups so easy to get to know others.

excellent all round performance, bravo

• 9th Apr 2015

We love this hostel. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful (great sense of humor), the tours are awesome (as are the guides), and the location is central enough to allow some fast and easy walks into the downtown area. By far, the most helpful staff member was Jirka, who greatly enhanced our stay and put up with us. He also helped us change our reservations at the last minute. Thanks Jirka! ^_^ In short, you should stay here. That is all.

We love this comment :-) See you soon again and we hope you will spend more days with us next time and in Prague. Regards, jakub, manager.

security is great, have to get thru like 4 doors to gain access to your bed. Location was perfect. 10 minute walk from most attractions. The staff were extremely friendly and the free tour of the city was great! Must go on the famous international pub crawl!! One of my best experiences in europe. It is an older hostel, but the beds were comfy and the overall atmosphere was very fun. Great value and would book here again

Very nice Hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms, wifi, we had our own bathroom. everything in walking distance. All in all the perfect place to stay in prag.

• 6th Apr 2015

Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback and very welcome free promotion. Great to know that you enjoyed all of our services as well as great location in Old Town :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

Good range of (free) tours and dinners to socialise and a great location.

The price was a bit expensive, because it was a high demand weekend. Otherwise it is a great hostel, well located with nice staff. Our only minor gripe was that we booked a private en suite twin room, and the bathroom was outside... Recommended !

one of the best hostel we have been.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Tereza, Bara, Adam and Lindsay.... this hostel has the best staff in Prague! If you get a chance go to Lindsay's beer tasting session! We had a great weekend here. Book it now, you'll have a blast!

Yes, i really like you comment. I am so happy and proud to work with our team and great to feel you like them as well as. Thank you and we hope to meet you soon again. Special greetings from Tereza, Bara, Adam and Lindsey (you will have next beer tasting for free :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

We had a really wonderful stay! The rooms were spotless, the hostel was in a really convenient location, and you couldn't ask for kinder or more helpful staff! A home away from home...

Hello, great to have some many wonderful guests. Thanks a lot for your stay and feedback. Great to feel that we are on the right way to make most of you very happy, I hope to welcome you back one day. Regards, jakub, manager.

Very good hostel!

• 31st Mar 2015

Very good comment :-) Thanks a lot. Regards, jakub, manager.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Location was great - within easy walking distance of most places. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The evening activities with Gil and Mirek were excellent - really interesting and a great way to meet people. Thanks guys!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Hello, thanks a lot for the comment and special thanks for your stay. Great to feel that you enjoyed your stay with us very much. I am very happy for your feedback about our activities because we are doing our best for you, guys :-) We already started to offer 2 free activities almost every day. I hope to welcome you back one day. Regards, jakub, manager.

Really nice location to explore Prague. Staff were very friendly and the hostel offered lots of things to do. Our room was big and had a great view. Clean. Only thing I would say is the water at the sink never went cold and the shower water changed from hot to cold without notice.

Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback. We already repaired the problems with water in room 605 so lets come back to check it (i am sorry for the problems you had - it would be great to share it during your stay). I am happy to read the rest wast almost the best :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

Hostel is very well located and clean. I would have preferred it there was a bar but that does not take away from atmosphere much. The staff are very good, in particular I found Jirka, Sara and Bara very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hostel to a friend.

• 16th Mar 2015

Thanks a lot for your stay and comment which make us very happy. Greetings from all of us - and special one from Jirka, Sara and Bara...they are missing you. Regards, jakub, manager.

Fabulous place - lovely staff at the desk and the free tours organised just added to the value! One of my favourite places I've stayed in thus far!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Great! Thanks a lot for this wonderful comment. Thank you. We hope to meet you one day again. Regards, jakub, manager.

Great staff - always helpful. Nice dorm room - big, roomy with a fantastic view. Not one who usually gets involved with hostel activities, but Downtown had some interesting choices … something for everyone. Really enjoyed my stay and met some friendly and interesting people.

• 14th Mar 2015

Oh yes, we like your comment very much as well as very really enjoyed your visit and meeting with you. Greetings from all of us. Regards, jakub, manager.

Dirt cheap, excellent location to metro stations and touristy sights. Very home-y atmosphere, I loved the live piano at breakfast. The best part was the super helpful staff. A few people in my group lost things on a pub crawl and the front desk staff member was amazingly helpful in calling friends that worked at the bars/pub crawl to check up for us. Can't overstate my support for this hostel, if you're in Prague and looking for an affordable and amazing location look no more.

Hi, great to know and feel that we are on the right way :-) I am extremely happy to read the words about my colleagues and friends....i suppose its one of the most important (maybe the most important) service we should offer is customer care and i am so proud to have so friendly and helpful front desk team. Thanks a lot and I hope to welcome you back soon. Regards, jakub, manager.

Great hostel, great staff, great activities! Good location to explore the city. Enjoyed every moment at the hostel! We even had our private bathroom in our dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5