Hostel Dubrovnik Sunset Reviews

Bulet 14, Zaton Mali, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I didn't get to stay at the hostel as booked because they said it was being renovated, so I was shuttled to a private apartment and hurriedly told instructions by Slavko, then he said he'd be back later to show me around if I wanted. The bed was a pull-out couch in a TINY kitchen and my roommate and I woke up with bed bug bites. Slavko made inappropriate comments to me as a single female traveler, and made me feel uncomfortable. Very dissatisfied with how this booking turned out!!!!

The place was shut down, so i was relocated the next morning, manager Jo is very nice and took good care of us!

Cannot actually leave a review for hostel dubrovnik sunset as we were relocated! The apartment we did stay in however was mega cheap and well nice so no complaints. The woman also picked us up from the bus station free of charge! woop!

It's very very very very far away. And very quiet. Nice location though, if you don't mind being completely out of Dubrovnik. The guy was really nice to us and gave us a private room, but only charged us for a dorm. Also they were great for the airport transfer, it was so easy to set that up. Room was comfy, had air-con, a mini kitchenette, en-suite. So technically, we got a good price, but that price for a dorm in that location is not great. Anyway sunrise was beautiful and sleep was peaceful.

Amazing view! Really lovely staff, Joe and Dave are nice funny guys. The shuttle service is a great idea. Beds are comfortable, kitchen in the room is great. Lots to like!

• 29th Aug 2014

Having a car is warmly recommended as the hostel is few km far from Dubrovnik. More than and hostel, it seems to me an apart-hotel disguised as an hostel. Kitchen in the room was poorly equipped, the place is lacking of atmosphere and internet is not always working properly. No lockers in the room. It worth the price, but it can be improved.

So far out of the city that you have to get a shuttle bus costing two euro a time; so if you are thinking of saving money factor in that each time you go to the city it will cost an 4euro. The shuttle bus also runs infrequently so you can be trapped. While there is nothing to do, you absolutely do not want to stay at the hostel - it has the most horrible atmosphere, to the point that being in it was the low point of my trip. I would rather sleep rough than here. Staff were also not friendly

The staff was great in answering my questions and very accommodating about picking me up from the bus station and getting me there on time for the airport bus. The hostel is about 20 minutes out of Dubrovnik, but the cheap shuttle and rooftop pool with gorgeous views makes up for it. It was a great place to chill. Nice to have a fridge and mini kitchen in every room. Totally recommend!

There is a shuttle that takes you to the old town most hours for 3euro which is helpful. The staff are interesting. Back and fourth between helpful and not so much. The rooms and beds are fine and comfortable. Not a great hang out area, although the pool is amazing!!

My favourite hostel so far on my travels! The staff are amazing. At first I was a little bit surprised to be greeted with a kiss on the hand, but this is all part of the Croatian charm! Having the pool upstairs and the amazing views makes it well worth the 15 min shuttle into town (only costs a few euros for a return trip). The place allows a good mixture of relaxing time, sight seeing time, and party time - if you're into that. One day I will return!

Great place to stay! Staff was the best - even driving me into town to try and hunt down a lost phone! Shuttle service was great and easy to meet people!! Definitely will stay here again next time I'm in Dubrovnik!

Is far from the city, impossible to walk from there, but it has transfers for a reasonable price. The hostel itself is really good more like a hotel with dorms, but he wi-fi is far from good. The staff is not that nice ( but not rude at all!) one of the guys was a little sick so i can comprehend that , but is helpful. Good atmosphere there. The transfers were really funny!

Would you like to stay in a dirty, smelly, unfriendly hostel?! If yes then this is for you. The main guy was pretty odd, after speaking to other guests the general consensus was 'what a creep'. I've stayed in over 90 hostels and this was the most unwelcoming. The whole place smells of stale smoke so all your belongings smell like that too.. lovely. Room was not clean to say the least. You'll have to be brave to enter the bathroom. Do yourselves a favour and spend your kune-dogs somewhere happier

It's great that they have a shuttle between the hostel and the old town. But there is very little to do near the hostel. my stay was fine as I was just needing one night before flying home, they dropped me at the airport in the morning but I paid 220 kuna as I was the only one going. Could have been more helpful with bus info! Cheaper. I found one staff member very rude and unhelpful and he seemed to be the main guy there... Work on your people skills Mate... The Other staff were nice :)

• 23rd Aug 2014

Our laundry still had to be done at the morning if our departure. No WiFi in the rooms only in the common areas. The shuttle works pretty well, but can be crowded.

The hostel reeks of cigarette smoke if you are in to that. Staff smokes all day in bar connected to reception. Nowhere to lock anything up.

• 21st Aug 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here and the view from our room was beautiful. The staff is very friendly and will help you with whatever you need. The hostel isn't that close to old town, but the hostel provides shuttles that take you there for only €4 round trip and they run at a bunch of different times. Overall, it was very nice and we would stay there again. :)

Enjoyed my stay but very over priced. Staff a little unfriendly at times, but also helped me book a bus the next day which I appreciated.

Spatious rooms with kitchenette in the room. Some rooms have balconies. Pool area is great and it's really easy to meet people. The shuttle makes it easy to get to town and it's worth being farther away to have the comfort of the pool. Great place to chill.

Really loved this place, but we wish that we read up on the location a bit better before hand. It is about 15mins drive form old town and they had a shuttle service that takes you to and from which we could have arranged prior to getting to the hostel, but didn't before hand so we had to take an expensive taxi ride. That was a problem of WiFi at our hostel beforehand not theirs though. Drivers were not friendly in their shuttle. The rest of the the staff was great! Loved the view and the pool.

• 19th Aug 2014