Hostel Dubrovnik Sunset Reviews

Bulet 14, Zaton Mali, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Good facilities, though location is tough matter, even with the shuttle services, which ended up being expensive in relation to the price for the stay, maybe consider giving one free old-town-and-back shuttle. Also the critical time schedule between 3am and 6pm compromise many flights and buses leaving at 6. Staff was always very kind, even though little mistakes in allocation have happened.

• 7th Jul 2015

All staff are selfie-less, especially Joe (haha)! Great place to stay for price. 20-min drive from old town, but exclusive shuttle service takes care of that. Devon (Dave) is the best! I miss Katarina ;). Never been to a hostel with a pool. Awesome view and beach down street along with restaurant and market to take care of hunger needs. Showers can be a bit cold and no lock on bathroom door, but these are minor to the personality of this place. If you want to be good with staff, be sarcastic ;)

Staff were amazing, which added to the atmosphere of the hostel. cheers for the stay guys

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

We had a fantastic stay at Dubrovnik Sunset. Very clean and comfortable hostel. Facilities were good, private bathrooms and shower. Location was good, close to some great restaurants and a supermarket just down the street. It was about a 10 min walk to the beach. City centre is very well conected with hostel shuttle bus.

A fairly well appointed hostel situated a long way from the centre of Dubrovnik, however the hostel runs a cheap and regular shuttle service to the town which only takes about 10 mins. There was little hot water and no wifi in our top floor room, although the room otherwise seemed secure. If, like us, you are booking last-minute, do it - you will regret missing Dubrovnik, and you can stay fairly comfortably here. However, if there are other hostels available, it would be wise to consider them.

The Hostel is very nice, clean and the staff are really great! Always in a good mood and the shuttle service is perfect. The night's driver is a nice guy, who even gave me his own Flu medicine, because the drugstore was already closed at that time. The room I stayed, had a great balcon with a wonderful view to the sea. I had a great time in Dubrovnik! Thanks guys, and Joe we will talk about the pool next time =P

• 5th Jul 2015

Had a great stay! Thankyou!

Never been to a hostel before and completely traveled by myself to Dubrovnik not knowing what to expect.... Instantly made friends and found activities there! Everyone, including the staff were so nice and welcoming. 10/10 would recommend. Very clean environment.

Great rooms and awesome pool and communal areas. One of the staff members is quite awkward and hard to get a straight answer out of, but the others are really lovely and very helpful. Great location if you wana go for walks down at the docs and nice swimming area close by.

My four nights here were awesome. At first I was a little concerned about the distance from Old Town, but it turned out to be great. It was really nice to be away from the crowds and the shuttle service made it easy to go to Old Town when I wanted. The location is beautiful and everything is clean. The only thing I didn't like so much was the small kitchenettes in each room, I prefer a bigger common kitchen. Overall though I would definitely reccomend!

This was a wonderful place to stay!!!! The staff was amazing, right when I walked in Jo gave us a great plan to see Dubrovnik, and I followed it exactly. I was so surprised by how clean and nice the room was, it was beautiful. When I go back to Dubrovnik I will without a doubt stay here again!

Cheap for a reason. The staff were rather unprofessionional, driving recklessly while transporting guests, giving back washing which was dirtier than i handed it in just more wrinkled. Also i asked them to bring me my passport to the airport, they left 25 mins after i asked and i could have still made my flight but instead had to buy another. The whole management is far too casual, guests should be treated like customers and taken seriously, instead of trying to be cool and flirting with girls

Good value for what we payed for. Everything is a bit outdated and was really frustrated how internet didn't work in the rooms at all, including incredibly slow wifi in the common areas. Staff almost act like guests if ur into that so not sure who's who and available to help. What's nice is that it is clean and shuttle service is available for a fee into old town. Burn overall not sure if I'd ever try this place again.

Really good atmosphere. I thought the location was perfect. Being out of Dubrovnik made for a very relaxed stay. An the staff were great, really helpfull and friendly.

This is nice place. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are bug and comfortable. The main downside is that it is quite far away from everything. However there is a regular shuttle for little money.

The view from our balcony was beautiful. The kitchenette was very poorly equipped. Had to go to reception to ask for pots etc (and there were no condiments). Had to pay for shuttle bus. Driver was erratic e.g. wrong side of the rode on bends, not stopping at stop signs & played the same terrible music on every ride. Swimming pool was nice enough. Not much to see or do around hostel so shuttle bus is essential. Overall, an average experience with a good view.

Hostel is located in a very nice and quiet bay. Very good to go swimming there. A bit far away from Dubrovnik though. You have to take a shuttle Bus from the Hostel which cost 2€ one way. Still better than paying 35€ in old town.

The hostel is located outside of town, too far to walk. They do have a shuttle that costs 2 euros per ride. You can use the shuttle for the bus station as well which is convienent. The rooms are clean and comfortable, I liked the balcony. The staff is great, very helpful.

As most people said, the location is not actually in the heart of Dubrovnik... And that is my favorite thing about this hostel! The village of Zaton is tranquil and easy to navigate. You can swim just about any where you want, without the overhaul of tourists. The market is straight down the hill, as well as a small selection of restaurants on the water. This hostel is one of the few with a swimming pool, with stunning views of the bay, and they keep it very clean. The staff is amazing!!

• 24th Jun 2015

Cool place, location was the biggest killer for me. Staff were lovely and room was nice. Alright atmosphere for socialising.