Hostel Dubrovnik Sunset Reviews

Bulet 14, Zaton Mali, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Receptionist Joe is the best! Great, friendly vibe.

• 11th Jul 2014

There's a pool on a terrace, a bar area, and lots of fun people. But the pool had too many chemicals so we couldn't swim, the bar wasn't stocked or serving, and the people were always being hushed or else the neighbors would complain. The wifi wasn't working except on the main floor and things seemed very understaffed and disorganized. To their credit the staff (especially the drivers and house keepers) were very friendly. Checking out, we were accused of not paying which was offensive.

Although the hostel is quite far out of town, the shuttle makes travel very easy. Also Dubrovnik is insanely expensive so it was nice to have affordable places to eat and shop close by. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean with comfortable beds and there was a nice social atmosphere without being overbearing. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Dubrovnik.

Nice place, Jo the host is great. Lockers would be good as had my go pro stolen. But otherwise good. Shuttle service really helpful to get into and from town, it's great they have a pool and terrace outside.

This hostel is absolutely amazing! The rooms are fantastic with great little kitchenettes so you can cook absolutely anything. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. The pool has a great view of the sea and has lawn chairs to lay out on. Some of the beds ARE NOT bunk beds which is incredible. There is a shuttle to take you to/from Old Town that runs until 3:30am. I would stay here again any time!

It was very easy to arrange airport pick up. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Swimming pool with big terrace and deck chairs was perfect. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Even hostel is not in the centre that's not a problem because of perfectly working shuttle. Definitely recommend staying here!

• 10th Jul 2014

Extremely helpful stay driving shuttle bus and cars in and out of Dubrovnik. Wonderful views from pool and terrace. Good to stay out of touristy Dubrovnik. Was treated to Turkish coffee on arrival by keen and helpful staff. We enjoyed walking along the waterfront below the hostel and good meal at Dandy restaurant.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

My first impression was good, its a nice hostel with an awesome view and a pool. But the room wasn't very clean. The bathroom was dirty, the toilet seat broken. There is a kitchen inside every room, if it were cleaned daily it would have been nice, but its wasn't. Also there are no lockers, you can give you passport to the reception, but i rather have my own locker to lock up all my stuff. Unfortunately something got stolen of me, that wouldn't have happened if there were lockers.

The staff were absolutely lovely and made you feel very welcome. They provided a shuttle bus service which was very helpful however you are far out from the centre of Dubrovnik (20mins on a bus). The facilities were excellent, there was brand new garden furniture on the terrace which was lovely to sit out in and enjoy the evening.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff are keen to do a great job and are always looking to improve things via feedback from their guests. This hostel is very friendly and although it isn't in the centre of Dubrovnik it is easy to catch the shuttle €2 each way to town, or there are plenty of local buses that go past the end of the road. Having a pool is great and there is a local beach, restaurants and a couple of supermarkets. It is seasonal hostel - opened a week when i was there. Would stay again.

It's an hotel in an hostel, very nice !

Would have liked if the pool was open, and the "bar" that was advertised in the room.

This was one of the best hostels if not the best I've ever stayed at. Josip made my stay awesome by being one of the most helpful people I've met while traveling. The hostel is sparkling clean and the rooms have balconies with amazing views over a bay. Everyone who stayed here was really nice, I made lots of friends pretty easily. The hostel isn't in the old town which is honestly better in my opinion given that the old town is touristy and claustrophobic and there is a shuttle service anyways.

The rooms here are clean, equipped with private bathrooms and small kitchens. Even though the hostel isn't located in the center of Dubrovnik, they offer a reliable shuttle service that can take you back and forth the center for 2 euros or 15 kunas one way. The staff here is extremely helpful and hospitable. My only issue is that this hostel allows smoking inside. This may be a perk for smokers, but for non smokers like me, it's disgusting. I left with a scratchy throat that has left me sick!

• 4th Jul 2014

We stayed during a transition period from an old manager to a new manager. Ping pong table, balcony rooms with cookers, swimming pool. Only issue was the shuttle buses but their policy changed just as we left. Well worth the money!

Beautiful location, a ways away from the old town but absolutely gorgeous nevertheless. The shuttle service was 2 euro and would drop off and pick up at any time. Friendly helpful staff. The place was well kept and very clean. Right by a grocery store and our suites kitchen had everything we needed I would definitely recommend staying here!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in hands down! Luksa and the other staff couldn't do enough for my friends and I. Although the hostel is located 5km outside of dubrovnik the shuttle service really negates that disadvantage. Rooms are airconditioned and clean. Also I tend to travel alone and the social atmosphere is always important to me, with this in mind we met loads of single travellers and often did activities as a hostel. The price is also great for the area, In short STAY HERE!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Dubrovnik Sunset is not in the centre of Dubrovnik, but that's the only disadvantage of this hostel. Everything else is perfect, specially people who work there. During my stay everything was great, room was very clean, shuttle was on time, stuff was very helpful, specially guy who works at the reception. Swimming pool with sea view terrace - amazing!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Best place to stay! The Old Town was very crowded so it was nice to stay away from there and enjoy in this beautiful hostel. When I wanted to go to the centre there was a shuttle bus which works perfectly. My room was very clean and air-conditioned. Swimming pool is amazing and wifi works very good. Staff was very nice and helpful. Very cheap hostel for the quality You get. If I ever come back to Dubrovnik I will stay here again! Highly recommended!

• 24th Jun 2014

Swimming pool is great idea for this hostel. I stayed in sea view room with nice balcony. Room was air-conditioned and clean. All people who work here are very nice and helpful.

• 23rd Jun 2014