Hostel Dubrovnik Sunset Reviews

Bulet 14, Zaton Mali, Dubrovnik, Croatia

the staff made our stay perfect!

Didn't actually go. Could not make it to Dubrovnik as I missed the train. Sent them an email the day of and they said they would not charge me for a late cancellation.

swimming pool area was lovely! shuttle bus times made things a bit awkward at times, would have been good to have a shuttle bus leaving old town at midnight, and also one leaving the hostel at about 8/8:30pm

• 9th Aug 2014

Great Staff who will go out of their way to make sure that you have a good time (especially Joe). It is out of the city but if you can plan around the shuttle bus timetable you can save a fair bit.

Great place to stay which is away from the old town and the mass tourists. The shuttle drivers are funny guys and always up for a bit of banter. Spacious rooms and an awesome rooftop pool, would definately recommend this place

Has a nice pool and spa but is a little far out. However, the shuttle service they offer makes it easy to get to and from old town.

The hostel is approximately 10-15kms AWAY from Dubrovnik, which really sucks. There is a shuttle service by the hostel going to town and back several times a day but you have to pay for it before you hop on, both ways. They are very reliable though which is good. The room we had was very dirty, and the atmosphere in general was more reserved, but we had nice roommates. We only stayed one night but I have to say I was glad when we moved... the staff is really nice and friendly though.

• 8th Aug 2014

We had a great stay! Lovely spot - nice to be a little out of the action (great view) and the shuttle bus was easy to take into town. Very friendly staff! Wifi didn't work in our room but fine in the common areas. Thanks for a beautiful time in Dubrovnik.

Avoid if you can! The hostel is located more than 10km from the old town. Unfriendly staff which wasn't there when the reception was supposed to be open. I paid for a 4 bed dorm but got an additional roomie 4am. No money returned, no apologies.

• Finland

Even if this hostel is not that close to the old city, there is cheap shuttle organised by the hostel who leave at every hour which make the access to the old town very easy . The staff is making everything he can to help us and is very friendly. We are feeling welcome in this hostel! The access to the pool is making the stay even more enjoyable. I wish i could have stayed longer!

• 8th Aug 2014

Pros: view on the bay below, amazing! Swimming pool is awesome (even though it closes at 8:30PM.) location a but out of Dubrovnik but shuttle service is good. Cons: lots of people smoking downstairs, where Wi Fi is only available. Sun sets early as hostel is up against a mountain (around 6PM). Staff can be friendly with some guests, but not so nice with others. No kitchen, barely any utensils to cook with, had to ask for everything, which they did their best to provide.

Amenities were fine. However, the receptionist was probably the rudest, least friendly person I've ever had the 'pleasure' of meeting. And I'm not talking Basil Fawlty, lovable rude receptionist, I'm talking proper rude, you can't wait until checkout so you can throw the keys at his face rude. The entire building reeked of cigarette smoke due to his chain smoking. Everyone I talked to just could not believe that anyone would hire him to be the face of the hostel. Apathy and rudeness personified.

Very nice place at very nice location! Far enough form city noise and again very close to the centre because of the shuttle bus which is very frequently and reliable. People who work here are very nice and helpful (they told me where to go, what to do, where to eat, etc) and they saved me a lot of money and time. My room was very nice and clean. I wish I could stay longer because I would like to enjoy this nice swimming pool. I would definitely come back here again!

• 7th Aug 2014

We had an amazing time during our stay in this hostel. Even though it's not located in the centre of Dubrovnik, there is a shuttle bus with extremely friendly drivers. We definitely recommend Hostel Dubrovnik Sunset. Julia and Kasia from Poland.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Good hostel overall... The location is not the best, but with the shuttle (good way to meet people) you have no problem to go out or get back at any times (for a fair price too)... The rooms are fine with a private bathroom and a small kitchenette (although nothing to cook with, so don't plan on using it unless you bring pots & pans)... The staff is ok, except for 'dave' (his alias), he's really cool... The rest of them (as most croatians) don't seem to give a shit about anything... Recommended!

The hostel is a bit far out but the shuttle helps overcome that and I guess that's why the price is so good! The views from the hostel are excellent! It's great to have a pool to sit around. The bathrooms could be cleaned more regularly and lockers would be helpful! The staff were really helpful especially getting bus tickets etc!

Loved this hostel! The roof top pool was an amazing addition and the regular shuttle buses provided by the hostel meant the location (about 20 minutes away from the Old Town) wasn't a problem. Helpful staff and very clean! Definitely recomment.

This place was alright. Great views of the sea from the room balconies. Had a real frat house vibe. The air conditioning didn't work in my room so I kept the windows open to keep from roasting and I ended up being destroyed by mosquitos. Location is very far from Old Town Dubrovnik but they offer a pretty reliable paid shuttle to get you there and back. The cost on that adds up quickly though. It was decent for one or two nights, but don't let them sucker you into being in a room with no AC.

My stay at this hostel was nothing short of fantastic. The location was great-near the sea, a market, and restaurant five minutes away on foot. And getting to and from the Old Town was extremely convenient, with shuttles running about every hour. Upon my return to Dubrovnik, I did not have a sure way to go back home but they were welcoming and able to accommodate me for an additional night. I could not have asked for a better stay and without a doubt would stay here again.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

absolutely awesome place to stay! Really clean, great staff, very sociable :) I really enjoyed the swimming pool and a beautiful view from the hostel. The only negative detail is that there are no lockerd to use my room was really cold during nights. But I definitely recommend!!!