Hostel ELF Reviews

Husitska 11, 130 00 Prague 3, Prague, Czech Republic

Perfect for backpackers. Clean hostel and friendly and helpful staff!

It's definitely a hippy-esque place. Winters can get cold all over the hostel but the heat inside the rooms work fine. People are rolling joints everywhere, including the reception area [it's legal in Prague] and hanging out by the reception desk. The free breakfast is a nice additive and parking can be found around the corner if you drive in. The walk into old town is 15-20 mins which is not so bad. A bus also drops you off right in front of the hostel and trams are 10 min walk away.

Our stay here was great! 15min walk to the main station and 15mins from the bus terminal! The staff were nice and helpful. Tuesday night dinner was yummy and the rooms were nice and warm. The wifi was a little scratchy in the room but worked fine out in the common area. Overall, we had an awesome time here and in Prague!

Decent walk into town. Free dinner Tuesdays and free gluwein Thursday. First room wreaked of cigarette smoke, second one better. Breakfast toast and spreads including cold cut meat and cheese. Communal area friendly if you are solo. Not my favourite hostel but fine

Great free breakfast complete with ham, cheese, toast and veggies. 10 min walk from the main train station and not far from traditional Czech food and bars. Money exchange at reception if needed. Excellent laundry service. Sometimes noise can be an issue.

Hostel Elf was great for a cheap stay. The wifi didn't work in the rooms and it was about a 20 minute walk to Old Town Square, but not too bad. It was comfortable and everyone was kind. The breakfast could have been better, but hey its free. Overall a good value for what you spend.

Loved the place, kitchen is the most well equipped I've come across. Decent location very close to the main bus station and about 30 minute walks to points of interest. It was off peak so there wasn't much going on, but I would come back if I was around in summer for sure.

The staff gave excellent recommendations, I met great people, and had a great time!

Clean, good value for money, reasonable transport links, breakfast included and nice staff :-) Great decor/theme!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

The hostel is quite near to the railway station if you stick to the little path the links to the end of one of the platforms. The atmosphere is quite good and the staffs are friendly. Breakfasts are also provided. However, Wi-Fi is not available in the room (the signal is quite faint in the room), which is a minus. It is a 20 minutes walk to the old town, and 10 minutes walk to railway station.

There is an AMAZING restaurant 2 blocks up from this place. Check it out. The hostel is cute. I think probably more fun in the summer.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Israel

A friend of mine recommended the place, and I was happy that I listened to her. The rooms were cosy and very big and the atmosphere very inviting. I just had a bit kaward experience with my roommates, who decided to enjoy each other while the other were asleep (after they first came back from a night out and woke some of us up). Also some people were a bit loud in the nightly hours, but put all this beside, the hostel and the experience were great.

If you are looking for something young/hip/with a reggae theme… this is the place. The facilities are awesome, and cleaned daily. There is a deck/patio to hang out on, with an access gate to the paved trail that sits above the hostel if you care to go for a jog in the morning. It is a bit of a ways from Old Town and the center of Prague… but there is a bus stop right outside of the hostel, and if you do not mind walking 15/20 minutes, it's not too shabby.

Great hostel with comfortable beds. Clean and the free breakfast is there if you want it. I would have preferred to be a little bit more central but it's only a bus into the old town or a 20 minute walk along a highway.

We had a great time in the Hostel Elf. It is a great place which isn't too far from the center and the prices are very goos. We filmed some scenes for the our webseries "Helden der Hauptstadt". The staff was easy with that and helped us a lot. Thanks for that again!! ....we will come back :)

Hi there! Thanks a lot for nice comment! We are looking forward to see the webserie and hope to see you soon again! :) ELFcrew

Hostel Elf was a great place to stay in Prague! It had a fun atmosphere to meet other travellers and everyone was so friendly! The staff were very helpful and there is a bus stop right outside of the hostel. There are not a ton of plug-ins in the rooms, so many of us hung out in the common areas to charge devices and use the WIFI, as it also did not work in the rooms. Not a big disappointment though, as you always have other people to mingle with!

Staff was competent and helpful. Apparently the back gate to the park and skywalk is locked at night. It would be very helpful to have a sign both going in and out saying what time that gate gets locked.

We stayed in October... so wasn't in peak season, but the atmosphere was still good! Definitely one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in.. and the staff were extremely helpful. They gave us towels on arrival (we requested) and the bathrooms, rooms were exceptionally clean! The hostel isn't central - 15 minute walk from the train station (30 minute walk into central) but city breaks are all about walking and seeing everything! Can imagine it is amazing in Summer!

• 12th Oct 2014

I wouldn't stay here again if I came back to Prague. It isn't that bad but there are other hostels that are much better.

Hostel ELF is a great place to stay in Prague. The hostel has free breakfast, wifi, a kitchen and some computers to brows internet as well. The staff were very helpful. The cleanliness was fine. The location is a brisk walk away from the central station. But there is a bus stop just outside which gets you to Florenc metro from where you can take a metro to go to Old Town Square. I really liked the vibe here and would like to stay again. A great place at a reasonable price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5