Hostel ELF Reviews

Husitska 11, 130 00 Prague 3, Prague, Czech Republic

Far from city centre but close to bus station. Helpful staff 247. Free breakfast was minimal but still a great bonus. Climb up the hill behind the hostel for great view of the city.

• 27th Mar 2015

Friendly and chill atmosphere! Ideal place for a solo backpacker! Great location!

Hostel was very good, staff was really nice and attentive. Atmophere couldn't be better.

Hello Ingrid! Thank you very much for your nice comment! We´re glad you´ve enjoyed the stay! :)

I went in the off season so this hostel has awesome potential at the right time of year just wasn't while i was there bit far from the city center also.

Everyone was very nice at this hostel! The rooms and bathrooms were clean. It is a bit of a walk from the old town (about 20 minutes walking) but it is worth it for the clean atmosphere and friendly staff. There are also computers provided for guests' use and free wifi throughout the building.

• 6th Mar 2015

It's a very nice hostel,with friendly personnel and full of young people. No noise during the night. There is a good food and drinks for breakfast. Very nice place.

• 26th Feb 2015

Thank you very much for your nice comment !!

Cool place, very clean, nice people..friendly atmosphere. Breakfast incl.Thumbs up guys !!

• 25th Feb 2015

Hello Martin, thank you for your nice comment! :) Greetings from all staff members!

Pleasent place, nice people, poor kitchen.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

Perfect place to stay, if you would like to get real spirit of traveling. Very friendly staff especially Hanka and Mates. Nice designed rooms and clean bathrooms and also fridge full of cheap beer. I will certainly return on my next visit in Prague.

• 12th Feb 2015

love this place!

Nice hostel in a nice area. The hostel was clean, to breakfast okay and the staff was nice and helpful. Their recommendations were really good!

Adrian thank you for very nice comment, it is nice to hear that you did enjoy your stay !! Elf crew

I DO NOT RECOMMEND I spent every single night (6 days) looking for another hostel, I couldn't leave because I had already paid and my budget did not allow me to pay again. VERY noisy hostel. Staff do not care for it even if we warned them every night. The doors cannot be closed other than being slammed (a technical nonsense for a hostel door), everytime someone enters the corridor SLAM! you jump while you sleep. Drunk people socialise in front of your door. Don't go there if you need sleep.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND you to travel alone, next time travel with your mother who will teach you answer to the regards, use the wifi, heater, lamp and don´t claim it as a problem instead of comming to reception and ask for money return, because you can´t sleep in a hostel (which was btw almost empty) because you think it´s too noisy! I have asked two of my colleagues and they confirmed to me, you didn´t ask for the money back, neither to change the room....

The Hostel itself is really good, like there are enough facilities (ok, I assume that these are enough, which I don't really know since I was there off-season), there is cleaning every day and there are lockers in every bedroom. The only downside is that you have to walk for about twenty minutes until you get to the old town (the main area for tourists), which compared to other hostels is a lot, and there is NOT REALLY FREE PARKING!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

this is literally the most mediocre hostel ever. there's nothing good or bad about it, it's just a hostel.

On the cheap side, so you get what you pay off but extremely good value and staff were great x only real downside is the long climb from street level staff could not of been more helpful and breakfast very adequate

staff was good except for 1 stoner dude in the daytime. He was lost trying to check me out and almost charged me more. NIghtshift is cool!

I spent 2 days here after winter holiday and it was very good.. the staff were really kind ,helpful and friendly! It was clean and free wi-fI! It's close to train station! I recommend it! :)

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Romania

Hostel Elf was awesome! I traveled to Prague on my own, thinking I'd end up walking around the city by myself, but I met new people at the hostel and had a group of people to hangout with from the start. If you're traveling by yourself, I definitely recommend you stay here. The location was better than I thought. It was nice being away from the really touristy areas if you didn't want to be there. The hostel is surrounded by great bars and restaurants at good prices. Check out Little Mexico.

• 4th Jan 2015

Washrooms were good, beds were already made on arrival, around a ten minute walk to the main station, lots of cooking facilities and beers available for purchase. I'd say this is a very good hostel - better than another hostel I have stayed in Prague.

Needs more power points!