Hostel El Encuentro Reviews

Vereda Quebrada Arriba, Guatape, Colombia

The best hostel I've ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot! Such a beautiful place, we immediately felt at home, the staff are absolutely lovely!

Lovely hostel, lovely staff and other guests. Lovely homely and peaceful feel with nice location and beautiful views from kitchen/sitting room/hammock area rooms. Would highly recommend this hostel.

Very friendly and helpful. Excellent view and nice setting.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The place is very relaxing, very good to chill out with a lot of nature. The only problem in my opinion is the bed, very unconfortable.

Awesome location a bit out of town over looking the lake with La Piedra in the distance. Could have easily stayed here more days. The hostel is pretty small which makes it easy to meet people, but can feel a bit cramped.

Stayed in the 4-bed dorm. Although very small the spectacular view, good location, friendly and accommodating staff more than make up for it. Due to the small number of shared dorm rooms there isn't much chance to meet people if travelling alone but the staff are extremely friendly. Strongly recommend it.

I had a great stay here. I'm still staying 3 days past my reservation and don't know when I'll escape the charms of Hostel El Encuentro and Guatape in General. The view here is unbelievable, the town a paradise and there is lots to do. Rent a bike and ride through nature, a kayak and explore the countless lakes, climb the rock, trek to waterfalls. The hostel is comfortable, very social with an incredible staff who make you feel just like your at home with some awesome new frriends

El Encuentro is a very special hostel. It's slightly out of town (5-10 min walk) - but worth the walk. It feels really secluded and has an amazing view of the lake. The hostel is like a big house and is very welcoming. The kitchen is lovely and there are lots of places to sit and relax. The outside terrace with hammocks was a lovely place to sit and watch the sunset. We went for a cheap double and the room was a little dindgy with no windows, but it did have a small private bathroom.

The manager there GREG is outstanding.. speaks perfect English and Spanish.. Very good location and terrific views.. I would live there if I could..

• 19th Sep 2014

A great hostel in a beautiful location on the lake. Staff were great, the place was very chilled. I would recommend El Encuentro to anybody staying in guatape.