Hostel El Encuentro Reviews

Vereda Quebrada Arriba, Guatape, Colombia

The manager there GREG is outstanding.. speaks perfect English and Spanish.. Very good location and terrific views.. I would live there if I could..

• 19th Sep 2014

A great hostel in a beautiful location on the lake. Staff were great, the place was very chilled. I would recommend El Encuentro to anybody staying in guatape.

Spent 3 nights here and thought the staff was great and the location was beautiful. Some soap in the dorm rooms would be a nice addition but besides that I was thoroughly impressed with the staff's attention to customer service.

Booked this hostel based on its positive reviews and were not disappointed. We spent the extra and paid for a deluxe private room and the view was incredible- well worth it. The hostel is nicely located and the staff are all helpful and speak english. The hostel offers many activities and have a comprehensive information book that is very helpful. The only negative I can say is that the beds are extremely small, hard and thin. Would definitely recommend and stay again!!

Great views on the rock of Guatape! Little far out of town, make sure you have everything with you when you get there for the evening. Had a Great night there thanks to the staff and other guests!

• 1st Aug 2014

Great chill out spot. Cracking view off the balcony.

I had a really lovely stay here. Not all rooms overlook the water but ours did so that was nice. The overall atmosphere is really pleasant, the staff are friendly, the location is excellent if you're looking for a bit of tranquility - which is the whole reason people come to this area. It doesn't take long at all to walk into town. Really liked my time at El Encuentro!

Nice view and great team. We really appreciated our stay at this hostel and would definately recommend it to any backpacker traveller.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

El Encuentro and Guatape were the highlight of my recent trip to Colombia. It was well worth the walk up the hill for a gorgeous view! The place was cozy, quiet and comfortable. All of the staff were friendly and willing to answer every question that we had. Wi-fi was available or you could pay to use their computer. Lots of hammocks, full kitchen, games and kayak and bike rental available also.

The hostel is on a bluff overlooking the water and is absolutely beautiful. They had kayaks and bikes for rent, which I really enjoyed.

• 17th May 2014

We only stayed there for one night, but the private room with view at the lake and the rock was just perfect. A cosy hostel, with helpful staff and a perfect location. Short walking distance to everything in town.

Thank you so much for your review and your comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts. Safe travels!