Hostel El Español Reviews

Manuel Lobo 377, Lavalleja e Intedente Suarez, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Good location to the ferry, bus station. Everything is in walking distance and the breakfast was simple but as it's free - no complaints! The bed mattress was extremely thin and because of that combined with people talking loudly and turning lights on before 5am it wasn't a good nights sleep. But for the price I would return and hope for less annoying people.

Nice hostel, very nice staff. It has a lot of toilets, the kitchen is well equipped and the beds are comfortable. Only bad thing was that the inet connection didn't get to work too far from the reception where the wifi router was.

Beautiful hostal with hammocks and open terrace, but the reception ladies werent helpful, kitchen was super small without enough pots and pans to accommodate the number of guests, but the location was good

There just was some stress around beds, I arrived at 2pm and was told to take a specific bed and put my stuff on it, I came back at 6:30 to take a nap and when I awoke another guest started yelling at me that I took her bed(she was speaking in Spanish and I only speak English) the women who checked me in came in and told me to switch beds in broken English and I tried to explain how I arrived at 2pm and the other guest arrived at 6pm and that she herself had told me to take that specific bed.

Pretty average hostel, staff were not very friendly, tried to charge us the deposit again saying hostelworld had the deposit not them, which is how it works to advertise with hostelworld! Location was pretty good, near the old town.

The only day that i was there, i feel comfortable. The hostel is nice, mainly clean and the staff are warmly and attentive. I have only two thing to complain. 1) My mattress was a little thin, i think that only mine was so thin, the others guests in the room didn't complain about that. 2) The hot water temperature in the shower was very hight and could not be blended with cold water because the last had very low pressure.

A simples but very nice and cozy hostel. We went off-season, so the city and the hostel were empty, but it was a nice stay though. It is quite near the main avenue and also near the old downtown attractions.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels