Hostel El Español

Very Good 216 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 216 Total Reviews

16th Apr 2017

Nice little spot. The rooms were spacious and clean. The lady at reception is darling. She's very friendly and helpful. Like all places in Uruguay and Argentina, I wish the accepted credit cards. I'd stay here again. The guy on night duty was kind of loud in the lobby with his music, but he turned it down when I asked him to. We were only there for one night. It was definitely good enough.

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Mar 2017

After reading the reviews already on the website for this hostel I was not sure what we would make of this place when arriving but, when we got here - super quick from the ferry point which was an added bonus carrying our pack backs the hostel was clean, secure and our room was fine for what we needed :) the mattress was not thin like paper as described and I had a good night's sleep :) If going back to the area I would stay again! Thank you

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Mar 2017
8.0

Despite the bad reviews me and my girlfriend thought we would stay here as it's only situated a few blocks from the ferry/bus terminal. Friendly staff although limited English which you should expect everywhere, chilled atmosphere and comfy mattress. Anyone stopping by for a few nights, it will be fine trust me :)

20th Feb 2017
6.0

nothing much to say, it was a place to sleep. hostels in the area are not readily available for a good price so this place will do for a night. walking distance from ferry and bus temrinal

29th Jan 2017
7.4

You get what you pay for. The front door isn't usually locked and it's actually just wide open. We only stayed for a night and that was enough. The staff only spoke Spanish so that was a bit difficult, but we worked it through. The wifi worked well so that was a plus.