7.8
Very Good 193 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 193 Total Reviews
Hostel El Español Located at Manuel Lobo 377, Lavalleja e Intedente Suarez, Colonia del Sacramento.
Uruguay
Colonia del Sacramento Colonia 70000 Manuel Lobo 377, Lavalleja e Intedente Suarez
78% 193
-34.4683538 -57.8395843
    Rooms available

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
27th Mar 2016
7.1

Plus: Hostel is located in a great spot, only 5min walk from the bus terminal and 5min walk to the Historical area (where most people go for sightseeing). Nice showers and they provide you a free towel. Didn't have any problems with staff. Cons: The wifi was poor, only working periodically during our stay. The breakfast was one of the worst of our 2 months in Uruguay/Brazil/Argentina, tiny pieces of toast with butter. The 6 bed dorm we stayed in was also very cramped.

24th Mar 2016
7.1

It was actually kinda the nightmare I expected , when u get 6 people all crowded into bunk beds. Especially bad was one obnoxious woman who refused to turn on fan & let air circulate, even for a few minutes. As a result, all 5 of us sweat in bed...ugh! She also snored quite loud, and refused to roll over or anything. The paper thin mattresses also need to be upgraded. I wouldn't have even stayed here at all, if ANYTHING else was available.

22nd Jan 2016
7.1

Good location to the ferry, bus station. Everything is in walking distance and the breakfast was simple but as it's free - no complaints! The bed mattress was extremely thin and because of that combined with people talking loudly and turning lights on before 5am it wasn't a good nights sleep. But for the price I would return and hope for less annoying people.

15th Jan 2016

Nice hostel, very nice staff. It has a lot of toilets, the kitchen is well equipped and the beds are comfortable. Only bad thing was that the inet connection didn't get to work too far from the reception where the wifi router was.

7th Dec 2015
6.6

Beautiful hostal with hammocks and open terrace, but the reception ladies werent helpful, kitchen was super small without enough pots and pans to accommodate the number of guests, but the location was good

7th Dec 2015
5.1

There just was some stress around beds, I arrived at 2pm and was told to take a specific bed and put my stuff on it, I came back at 6:30 to take a nap and when I awoke another guest started yelling at me that I took her bed(she was speaking in Spanish and I only speak English) the women who checked me in came in and told me to switch beds in broken English and I tried to explain how I arrived at 2pm and the other guest arrived at 6pm and that she herself had told me to take that specific bed.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
4th Dec 2015
6.0

Pretty average hostel, staff were not very friendly, tried to charge us the deposit again saying hostelworld had the deposit not them, which is how it works to advertise with hostelworld! Location was pretty good, near the old town.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
28th Nov 2015
8.0

The only day that i was there, i feel comfortable. The hostel is nice, mainly clean and the staff are warmly and attentive. I have only two thing to complain. 1) My mattress was a little thin, i think that only mine was so thin, the others guests in the room didn't complain about that. 2) The hot water temperature in the shower was very hight and could not be blended with cold water because the last had very low pressure.