Hostel El Ovejero Reviews

Jose Pantin 64, El Calafate, Argentina

Pretty grimy hostel, we arrived after a long coach journey to an unhelpful receptionist who it turns out couldn't be bothered to give us sheets. Bad sleep and weird vibe - don't stay for any longer than you need, lots of better ones nearby.

We stay like in a little house near the hostel. It was very cheap and the hostel is near the center of the city. They offer different tours around the city and the "glaciar perito moreno". Wifi is not working.

Dorms, toilet and showering block were clean, the 4 bedroom dorm was 150 per night making it an affordable place to stay. Quite close to everything and only a short walk to the bus terminal. Would benefit from lockers for securing items while you are out for the day. Staff are friendly and overall I'd recommend this place as an adorable accomodation

Really noisy at night.

Hostel, as you can see in other reviews, is actually a camping place and hostel at the same time. I didnt mind the distance or anything but the rooms are really tiny and its hard to fit in 4 backpacks and 4 people. Staff at the reception was nice and i booked one of the tours with them which i loved, not needing to go around and look for an agency - or use the hostels wifi which was only possible at the reception and was breaking out all the time.

Stayed for two nights. Great staff, well located, clean and a very nice and interesting atmosphere. I´ve got a bed in a "Dormi" for 130 pesos and as I reserved by hostelWorld, kitchen use was allowed, which was great. The Dormi room is really small but confortable. If you can get by and organize stuff in a small spaces, it´s really worth the money. If you need too much space, you will probably dislike it. They could provide more hooks or shelves in dormis. Anyway, good place!

• 15th Jan 2016

The hostel is really nice, but be careful with the "dormis" - those are just rooms in a container! the kitchen is quite good and the atmosphere is cool there, but the bathrooms for dormis are awful. The staff is okay, the guys are really friendly and helpful, though there is one girl who is really stupid. She won't answer you any question at all.

Excellent location. The BBQ in the restaurant is delicious and huge.

The "rooms" were in worse shape than our tents. We booked this hoping for a nice bed and non-camping feel between our big hikes and were disappointed to find that we'd paid to be crammed into a shipping container with all the beds literally crammed in next to each other and not in the best shape. Save your money and camp here- it's not worth the extra for the rooms.

• 3rd Jan 2016

We stayed in El Ovejero for 3 nights during our trip. First night was in a dorm which was for 4 people and it was pretty small and not very clean, but it was a value for money so I can't complain at all. Other nights we slept in tents and this was much better, as we had a lot of space, barbecue place and close to all facilities. The staff was excellent, particulary Christiano was very cool. And the restaurant in the camp was the best!

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Slovakia

The staff was really nice! When you lokk at the outside it seems unfinished but inside is good. There is a kitchen which was ok.

location is good. close to terminal and supermarket. the cheapest dormitory is far from kitchen. and old and dirty. staff is kind.

The staff were great. The dorm at the back of the camp ground is very good value. The shower block is very clean.

Stayed in a dorm and although it was realllly small it was cozy, the showers were hot, the staff was super helpful and the location was excellent. Nice cheap option if you're staying a night or two and don't need a lot of space.

130 peso for 4 domi is another house. it's not the one, which is main house introducing online. it's like a bangalo.. too cold.. not clean, so i really concern to have some bug in my bed, but no have bug. anyway, toilet is too far from house walk 2 min.. because the house is in camp area... ;;;;;;; but best cheaper in the city, i think..

The dorms are in a tiny room out past the camping bathrooms. I was told one time i was allowed to use the kitchen and one time that i was not.

It was veey weird. I stayed there for two nights, and between each night I was asked to carry my heavy luggage to the reception with a long distance. This was ridiculous! No hostel would have done like this. While I was in hurry of joining the tour at the Perito Moreno Glaciar. Comparing to two danish guys who stayed there for consecutive nights had no movement out of the room. This was absolutely sucked.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

Please , receive our apologise because at reception ther was a new employee an he make this mistake.

This hostel was nothing special but for the price I expected more. The room was a tiny four-person room seperated from the main house and kitchen, but it did have its own bathroom. There were no lockers or anywhere to leave our bags. The door did have a lock, and they gave you a key, but otherwise security was suspect. The kitchen and dining areas were very nice, and well lit .The cherry on top was a rude staff, who were unclear with payment and were hardly around for questions or tips.

I didn't know it was a campsite with an outside toilet/shower block. Perhaps my fault for not spending more time looking at details. Also the room was VERY small. I was the last person there so all possible space was already taken up by the others. Only one socket to fight over to charge devices. No wifi in room and no communal area to sit and chill at reception. Only after talking for a long time was I offered the living/kitchen area upstairs, as if it was for VIPs only.