Hostel El Ovejero Reviews

Jose Pantin 64, El Calafate, Argentina

the dorm is 2m square fitting four beds, with barely space to move and no lockers or space to store stuff, at least it is warm. bathrooms and showers are 15m away with hot water but no heating, and not very clean. sleeping in the dorm allows you to use the kitchen but not the common are with couches tv and computer, and wifi is only at the reception, pretty slow too. i found the receptionists pretty rude, and unwelcoming. it is a cheap choice but still don't worth the price.

• 25th Feb 2015

Guests are not able to enter the ground of the hostel until 2 pm. Even if they just want to leave their luggage before check in. There are a lot of extra costs (table tax in restaurant and 20 Pesos to pay if you dont order drinks). The 4 dorm bedrooms are too small for 4 people. There is no bright light in the rooms and it is very dirty. Very unfriendly staff.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was not really nice to turn on the light at 1 am and 3 am while we are sleeping in the room. The staff did it to show the room to new arrival and didnt stay quiet and woke up us to move few things!!!

Stayed in the 4 bed dorm outside in the campsite. You get exactly what you pay for - it's super cheap but you don't get anything in the way of cooking facilities and you have to walk outside to the toilet block. But good place to crash for a night or two as it's so cheap and walking distance to bus station

It is more than 20pp for one bathroom so not really easy. Kitchen stuff is very poor quality. A lot of people coming and going even if not belonging to the hostel and the entrance is separated from the reception so nobody{s checking anything. A PC was stolen while a I was there. The only real reasoon to go there is that it is cheap which is not negligible in an expensive place like Calafate

Great place to stay staff are ok but security is an issue., Locals walk in and steel stuff from rooms even though a key is needed.. This happened X2 not to me but a French woman had here laptop stolen and hostel/police were no help.. They do provide lockers so not really hostels fault but we got the impression this is a regular thing...

we didnt stay in the hostel, we were out in the 4 bed (bunk bed) rooms. we used the camping facilities for showers and toilets. it was fine. we stayed there twice so I'd say average rating. no breakfast, wifi only by the lobby, but wifi in all of patagonia region is pretty limited. no towels given. it's very basic but fine.

Very nice staff, speaks good English. The restaurant in the hostel is amazing.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Israel

People who aren't hosted there can enter freely in the hostel.

This place doesn't know what it is supposed to be. It's a small hostel on the grounds of a campsite with a huge restaurant. The hostel facilities are very poor, the kitchen in particular is terrible. Breakfast is scarce

the night was cold: i din't expect it and had no blanket. one bathroom for 15 people and the floor was a lake from the shower. nothing to say to the stuff but the first impression in the hostel wasn't good. probably the camping will be funnier and it looks a nice place.

The beds were terrible, we thought we would be in a hostel, but we were in the middle of camping, and the bathroom away.

The location is not that close to the bus station, but not too far either, prob. a 10 minute walk. There are 2 things that I didn't like about the hostel: sleeping on the top of a triple bunk bed with a slanted ceiling.....it was difficult to manouvre, and I was scared of falling of the bed at night as there is no safety bar, is quite high and annoying if you have to go to the bathroom. 1 toilet/shower for 18 people is not even close to enough. The restaurant is incredible, and beds comfortable.

Be aware that this is a camping. There are no cooking facilities.

You get for what you pay for, the layout is kinda like an apartment building, you share a kitchen, living room, and one bathroom for about 18 people. It was okay, the wifi didn´t work but there´s a computer in the living room that worked.

Rather basic, needs more bathrooms, but an affordable place with breakfast and wifi

Kitchen is under equipped. Only one bathroom for 4 dorms. Staff not always so nice. Wi-fi unreliable, though good bandwidth when you succeed in connecting. Otherwise good location.

choose the 5 or 6 persons dorm, otherwise you¨ll end up on the other side of the camping place. i had to insist to be able to use the kitchen and a shower after 12 (official check out time) even if my food was still in the fridge.

The price might me the lowest in Calafate. But service is bad. I came to the hotel early morning and the front desk girl didn't allow me to get to the room. At 11:00, finally she let me in in the Kitchen. There was a sofa and I fall sleep there, this because my connection flights did not let me sleep fot two nights in a row before my arrival to Calafate. The the girl was yelling at me for a while like I have commited a crime, saying that is was firbiden to fall sleep there . . .

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys - that's what happens here. You pay not that much (for El Calafate), you get nothing more than a bed. Th beds are okay though. I stayed in the four-bed-dorm. It is more or less a shed on the campsite, in which they put some thin walls. In every (small!) room there are two bunk beds. They also provide a heating element. Bathrooms are in a separate building. If you have to go the bathroom at night and it is raining, this sucks. So: cheap, but very basic.