Hostel El Ovejero Reviews

Jose Pantin 64, El Calafate, Argentina

Very nice staff, speaks good English. The restaurant in the hostel is amazing.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Israel

People who aren't hosted there can enter freely in the hostel.

This place doesn't know what it is supposed to be. It's a small hostel on the grounds of a campsite with a huge restaurant. The hostel facilities are very poor, the kitchen in particular is terrible. Breakfast is scarce

the night was cold: i din't expect it and had no blanket. one bathroom for 15 people and the floor was a lake from the shower. nothing to say to the stuff but the first impression in the hostel wasn't good. probably the camping will be funnier and it looks a nice place.

The location is not that close to the bus station, but not too far either, prob. a 10 minute walk. There are 2 things that I didn't like about the hostel: sleeping on the top of a triple bunk bed with a slanted ceiling.....it was difficult to manouvre, and I was scared of falling of the bed at night as there is no safety bar, is quite high and annoying if you have to go to the bathroom. 1 toilet/shower for 18 people is not even close to enough. The restaurant is incredible, and beds comfortable.

Be aware that this is a camping. There are no cooking facilities.

You get for what you pay for, the layout is kinda like an apartment building, you share a kitchen, living room, and one bathroom for about 18 people. It was okay, the wifi didn´t work but there´s a computer in the living room that worked.

Rather basic, needs more bathrooms, but an affordable place with breakfast and wifi

Kitchen is under equipped. Only one bathroom for 4 dorms. Staff not always so nice. Wi-fi unreliable, though good bandwidth when you succeed in connecting. Otherwise good location.

choose the 5 or 6 persons dorm, otherwise you¨ll end up on the other side of the camping place. i had to insist to be able to use the kitchen and a shower after 12 (official check out time) even if my food was still in the fridge.

The price might me the lowest in Calafate. But service is bad. I came to the hotel early morning and the front desk girl didn't allow me to get to the room. At 11:00, finally she let me in in the Kitchen. There was a sofa and I fall sleep there, this because my connection flights did not let me sleep fot two nights in a row before my arrival to Calafate. The the girl was yelling at me for a while like I have commited a crime, saying that is was firbiden to fall sleep there . . .

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys - that's what happens here. You pay not that much (for El Calafate), you get nothing more than a bed. Th beds are okay though. I stayed in the four-bed-dorm. It is more or less a shed on the campsite, in which they put some thin walls. In every (small!) room there are two bunk beds. They also provide a heating element. Bathrooms are in a separate building. If you have to go the bathroom at night and it is raining, this sucks. So: cheap, but very basic.

Nice hostel in great location. Dorm was quite small

It is not a room actually, is a container with beds!!! The hostel is a camping site and you need to walk 5 min to get a shower. The rooms are so small that if everybody is inside it s not possible to move and there is no wifi.

Great place to hang for a couple of days while checking out the Glacier, dorms were value for money + there's plenty of brick built BBQs and a nice spot by the river to pitch your tent.

I was surprised when I arrived, as I was also in the outpost dorms. However, despite being small, it was warm, clean and $11 in high season in Calafete.The wifi was great and did reach my outpost, and was the best wifi I had in Patagonia. As a dorm stayer, you get to use the kitchen, which is well equipped and clean. B'fast is provided for $30 pesos and overall I had little to complain about. Although if I had to walk to the bathrooms (separate building) in the rain, I might have more issues.

As long as you know what to expect, then it should be fine. Very basic, but fine for a night or two (and obviously cheap!). We stayed in the 4 bed dorm - in a separate building. Friendly staff - they said since we'd booked through the web site that we can use the kitchen area - which was a nice surprise. We met a number of other travelers there, and could use the wifi (it doesn't reach the 4 bed dorm).

Hostel : Friendly Staff If in Dorms : small, wifi only really accessible by reception. Most of the time, you are standing outside. Great meat dinner but expensive. Big sign for meal is misleading, but was updated. Hot water was excellent. Some showers work better than others.

I booked a hostel dorm but somehow ended up in a little tin box with 4 beds that was a walk all the way across the campsite from the building with the kitchen and reception. I had to walk outside to get to the bathroom. The little flimsy, metal rooms outside allowed all the sound in so you wake up every time someone in any of these rooms opens a door or says anything. I didn't intend to camp but somehow did. Please be careful about whether the dorm bed you book is in an actual building!

We stayed in the 4 bed dormitories, which are EXTREMELY small. Also note that the bathrooms are in a separate facility outside the dorms. Bathrooms were kept pretty clean. Staff was very helpful in booking excursions. Location was great for walking around El Calafate. Wifi was generally pretty good. They had lockers as well for a small fee