Hostel Elena Reviews

Cirila Ivekovica 4, Zadar, Croatia

This place is very clean and organized, has really good lockers and bathrooms, we went at the end of the season, reason why it was really quiet, the owner was really nice and friendly.

I had an amazing stay here. The guy who runs it is an incredible person. He is honest, kind, helpful, and funny. He helped me book various excursions, find a good price for a taxi, and encouraged group activitities with the other people in the hostel. I would come back to Hostel Elena just to support him! The place is rather simple-nothing fancy but super clean and a great location. It's just a few steps from the water and maybe a 5 min walk to the center of town. I had a great experience!

The Hostel is great! The staff is really frindly and the place is super clean... The shower is awsome!! The only thing I have to say is that is a little bit hard to meet people, because the living room is on the last floor, but that's ok, because in your room you can meet great people too! If I go back to Zadar, I'm defitly staying there again!

• 17th Sep 2013

A nice smallish hostel in a great location! You get a nice big locker that your whole bag can fit in and it's got a bar to hang up coats and stuff. The owner is really nice and friendly. I'd recommend this hostel.

The position of this hostel is great!! couldn't be more close to the nigthlife but still, it's not noisy inside during the nigth. It is also 10 steps away from the sea! The owner is a great person!! Cares a lot about all his hosts ;) but he is a machine gun when speaking English, too fast for the non-natives speakers :P Anyway he was so far, the best hostel owner I've met!! ;)

This Hostel was excellent! Our first night in Croatia and we arrived quite late so took a while to find it, as it is a little tucked away, but once we did the staff were incredibly helpful. We were given all the local information and the owner organised a trip to Plitvice lakes for us in the morning within hours of being there! Only downside is the noise - It is near Zadar''s bars and clubs so can be very noisy until around 1/2am. I would definitely recommend this Hostel.

• 13th Sep 2013

I told the staff who was at reception that I wanted to get a receipt. But she said to me that I did not give a receipt to you because I was not a owner. She told me to get a receipt when the owner come here tomorrow. But he did not come when I left the Hostel. So, send a receipt to me by mail( saito@shonan.bunkyo.ac.jp).I need a receipt to submit a receipt to my university.

Lovely staff, lovely hostel and great location. Would definitely stay here again.

Great location, not much by the way of a common room but who cares, it allows you to explore the restaurants and bars nearby. A short walk away from the sea organ and Sun Salutation, and really close to nightlife. Friendly staff. Only downside is wifi but it's vacation and time to unplug anyway!

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at (and there's been many)! SO clean, nice and modern, great location and really nice staff. Highly recommend!

• 31st Aug 2013

Fantastic hostel and amazing staff! Would definitely recommend and will be heading back here if I come to Zadar again, made the trip staying here.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, good atmosphere. The only downside: the internet connection did not work at all anywhere in the house while I was there; it took about five minutes for a page to open (probably longer, I just stopped trying eventually). Most of the guests had to go to neighboring cafés offering wifi to plan the next part of their trips. For a hostel, this is not acceptable. Fix it, guys!

A very good place. Don't hesitate to stay there.

• 6th Aug 2013

Good, decent and clean hostel with common area with kitchen and tv-lounge situated in old centre of Zadar.

Hostel Elena was amazing! Small, safe, very clean and the staff were really helpful in planning your stay. Strongly recommend it!

We had a very pleasant stay ! Everything was OK

Great hostel, all you can expect from one.

Great hostel, nice staff, all you can expect from one. ...Thx to the owner for restaurant recommendation

The wifi did not work in my room, very annoying

Quiet hostel in the middle of the old town, but very easy to meet fellow travellers. WiFi signal not great in the rooms but that didn't bother me too much. One bathroom per floor never troubled me either. Would definitely stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4