Hostel Emanuel Reviews

Tolstojeva 20, Split, Croatia

Amazing staff. Nice and clean. However the doors were always unlocked so anyone could walk in. The receptionist talk extremely loudly when people are asleep. One staff member spent most of her time in the bathroom on the phone while I was using the facilities.

Really clean, big rooms with cool bunk beds with curtains built into the wall. Chilled environment, staff are really helpful and friendly, all very very secure, had huge lockers each with padlocks. Great location, 5 minutes into town by the main port and 15 minutes down the train track to the beach and the party strip. Laptop in the room for our use and fast wifi. Big fridge in room but no other kitchen facilities which is a bit annoying. Really enjoyed, would deco reccommend. .

Loved the curtains on the beds! Turned up very late at night with a bad experience from another hostel and they settled us in nicely. Love the fact women had their own bathroom and so spacious, would recommend!

This was a lovely hostel, clean and well maintained with air conditioning which was important in the 35 degree heat! I loved the spacious beds with curtains and power outlet. There was a fridge in room and nice coffee/hot choc in the morning. The staff were extremely nice and helpful and kept the hostel in really nice condition eg. making sure there was always soap/toilet paper etc. The only bad thing was that the showers were often cold. Overall a great place to stay though!

It was a nice stay. The 10 bed room didn't feel over crowed at all and somehow quite private. However, the staff constantly walk in through the room on the phone or moving things which I think isn't acceptable... They also walk into the bathrooms unexpectedly. Even the male staff into the female toilets, so I felt as though I had to get changed in a toilet cubicle just in case. One female staff member also spent hours of the day on her mobile walking around and was never available to help

Small, single floor hostel. Lina was super sweet, though it seemed like she wasn't as knowledgable about things to do in Split as is the case for other hostels. There's virtually no building security as all doors were always unlocked. They provide nice-sized lockers, though. No real atmosphere due to pod set-up, but the curtains were a unique touch.

I enjoyed my stay. The only issue was when I left in the early morning. No one was at the front desk and I had to leave my key and was therefore to lock the entrance door.

The Hostel was slightly difficult to find but relatively close to the bus station and ferry terminal. The facilities were clean and the wifi was good, also, it is close to local supermarkets and bakeries. It was a lovely stay and the free coffee machine was a bonus!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Could not fault this place. staff super helpful and kind. It's not a very social hostel but it doesn't market itself that way & that was what I was seeking. Very quiet, relaxing and clean.

Really nice small hostel with brilliant lockers and nice pod beds with curtain which could be pulled across for privacy. Well located as only a short walk to the old town. Staff were nice and let us check in early and felt very secure with 2 locked doors and very heavy duty looking lockers - would definitely stay here again

Very helpful and friendly staff. Great little pods with very large lockets to safely secure your stuff! Not far from the main bus terminal. Great bathroom facilities and free coffee in the morning! What more could you need?!

Sorry it has taken me so long to write this review, I have been finding it hard to settle back in to reality :( My time in Split was amazing, and I very much think a lot of this is down to the lovely staff at Hostel Emanuel, Toni, Tomo, Petra & Lina. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome, even in the transfer from the airport (small fee). The hostel was quite small, but I liked this. It was extremely clean and comfortable and only a short stroll to center. Excellent!!!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Should have stated clearly on their accepted terms of payment (currency) and what is and is not included in the final payment due.

Great big hostel beds! Almost like mini rooms as they had curtains for privacy. Place was very clean. Great boutique hostel! 20 mins walk from main area of split.

Nice and clean hostel very close to the Split old town. Staff were friendly and dorm beds were private (a little curtain made it feel like cocoon). No kitchen and not much in the way of a common area (neither were a problem for me).

The staff were so friendly and helpful and made me feel like a guest rather than a customer. Lovely little hostel. I hope to return one day :)

• 3rd Jun 2015

The hostel was very clean and nice. The workers wee all super helpful and nice. It's outside the old town and a little further then I thought. Very small hostel and I was basically the only one there so no social aspect at all.

Very peaceful hostel. Not a party hostel.

perfect were cell beds with drape - private space

The staff was great, the (big) room was fantastic, spacious, and colourful and the beds private. Really enjoyed my time there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5