Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

the blonde lady on the front desk was awesome helping us with tours etc, thanks!

Great location for bus terminal, easy walking distance to the town centre, great breakfast, ample of good quality tours available from the hostel, we did the horse riding tour which was incredible and really well ran, staff are kind and always around to help, feels like you are living in a families cute home.

• 5th Aug 2014

Great hostel. Best breakfast in south america! The staff are lovely, from claudia the crepe lady, the cleaners and the front desk. Very clean, free wine from 7 till 8pm!!

Great staff. Organized many events and really want you to have a good time!

I stayed here for 2 nights. Te staff was really nice and helped in whatever you needed. The kitchen is spacious and the common areas are great. I liked that on fridays, the hostel organizes dinners for a fair price. It's an excellent opportunity to get to know everyone in the hostel. The one thing I didn't like was the bedding, it looked really cheap and old. Besides that, it is a good hostel.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

I enjoyed everything about this hostel. Helpful staff (especially anna), good social vibe (but not in your face about it), plenty of kitchen space, warm showers, comfy rooms with lockers and charging stations, and decent WiFi. Well worth the extra couple of dollars.

• 24th Jul 2014

Hola Jeremy, Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Hostel Empedrado :)

Very friendly staff, we booked many tours with them. Easy to get to know other people because it's not too big. Free malbec wine from 7 - 8pm!! Great hostel!!

Great little hostel, amazing staff, home cooked meals, everything you need is easily accessible. Highly recommend! Thanks for a great time.

Hola James, Many thanks for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Hostel Empedrado

A lot of people like this hostel, my friend even recommended it as one of his favorite hostels. I'm not sure what happened with us, but we did not like it. It is not dirty, but I would not call it clean either. Seemed very old and kind of run down. Not sure if it was the bed, but i woke up with a couple bites on my arm. The 2nd night I slept fully clothed. We had the opportunity to stay here another night due to a bus cancellation, and we chose another hostel. I would never stay here again.

Great breakfast, and very friendly staff. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Great breakfast including pancakes, omelettes and eggs. Free wine 7-8 and daily activities make for a great atmosphere.

Free wine is great. The facilities are old, and run down a bit but fine to use. We had an issue with the staff not keeping the noise in the communal areas down after a reasonable hour, in fact they even joined in. If you have a room on the ground floor the noise echoes down the hall. They did put us in a 6 bed dorm with only two of us, which they didn't have to do. I'd recommend it.

What a fantastic hostel! Loved everything about the place and we had the best 3 days so far and made so many friends. The optional tours are excellent especially the bike and wine tour and the horse riding tour! We will be back to Mendoza and look forward to staying back at this hostel!

Great breakfast- worth staying even just for that! Really enjoyed our stay and would go back again if in mendoza!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Many thanks for your review. We are happy that you liked ourhostel.

This hostel is great! The breakfast is awesome!

Many thanks for your review. We are happy that you liked ourhostel.

Great atmosphere. Horse riding was amazing! Free wine was...lethal! Showers not great but ok. Breakfast and free washing machine amazing!

Very helpful staff, great breakfast and very comfortable place to stay with several spaces inside and out for socializing.

Many thanks for your review. We are happy that you liked ourhostel.

Excellent breakfast! Nice and helpful staff. The rooms are okay but the upstairs were covered in leaves because some windows and the door to the balcony were left open. Downstairs bathrooms were lot nicer. Big common areas, easy to meet people. Some noise but nothing major. Overall, value for the money.

Great breakfast , good atmosphere and great for meeting people -free wine helped, staff were very knowledgeable and helpful I would definitely stay here again.Activities through the hostel were fantastic we went on the horse riding and our guides Franco and Maxi were really fun and made it a great afternoon. The only minor downside was the wifi which still worked but could use an upgrade. Overall one of the better hostels I have stayed in.

Good hostel, if slightly further out from the town centre (about a 10 min walk). Breakfast is amazing (they'll cook you pancakes and omelettes) and happy hour of free wine is also great. Showers are average, but the rooms, kitchen and social areas are all good.

We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3