Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

Staff were cool, they always remembered my name! A bit far from the centre of town, always a long walk! Clean and well equipped if a bit shabby, breakfast was awesome, they make pancakes for the guests every morning!

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in Argentina, the staff are lovely and very helpful. The breakfasts are AWESOME and a rare treat in Argentina to get eggs & crepes....plus both the breakfast ladies, Claudia & Pamela cooked me eggs just after breakfast finish time, when I was late....so generous!! I highly recommend this hostel. Oh and free wine each night!! :)

Hostel was in good location not too far from town centre. Staff were helpful with organising tours. Breakfast was nice and it was good to get variation from standard argentine breakfast but I think it has been over hyped by reviews here on hostel world.

Breakfast was great, as Well as the atmosphere

The best hostel so far on this trip when it comes to size of the room, locker, staff and breakfast is amazing. Enough showers, hot water. Staff was so helpfull that wow! Location is ok, little outside, but I walked everywhere. The room is really big and bed is ok. My room was little noisy, people really like to party here (free wine...).

staff are really friendly! nice hostel

Claudia's lemon crepes alone are worth booking into this hostel! But the outdoor common area, the rooftop terrace, the free laundry, the free wine, the activities offered.....all contribute to making this hostel one not to be missed!

Breakfast was terrific!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Excellent hostel with great facilities - especially the breakfast! The pancakes and eggs were a lovely treat! Very clean hostel, nice rooftop area, able to do own washing which was good. Would recommend! Big supermarket nearby and decent kitchen!

PRICE. Boeing Hostel is quite expensive 20 USD for an "individual" (really and obviously SHARED [mood]) room. I mean, I ve asked and I found over same street one rate in Hotel 2 stars in 25 USD... Argentinians Girls Staff: ¡GORGEOUS!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

One of my favorite hostels I've stayed at. Not only is the hostel great, but Mendoza is a must-see in Argentina. The staff were very friendly and helpful and everything went well during our stay of almost a week.

Could do with locker/safe in private rooms Make aware that need to hand private room keys to reception for them to be cleaned Bigger city map at reception Great hostel with great atmosphere!

Great atmosphere and social area outside. Such good value for money - great breakfast with handmade pancakes/eggs. Free wine at happy hour. Staff were friendly. No complaints!

Very friendly staff (although at times a bit disorganized). Great, spacious lockers with integrated electricity sockets (in some rooms). Spacious common spaces. A highlight is the breakfast with Claudia's crepes. When I was there (in April), the (small) swimming pool was not in use.

Nice breakfast, free use of washing machine and free wine each night! They also do some good BBQs where everyone can come together and eat and drink. Location is ok, near a supermarket and about 8 blocks from the main square. Check-out at 10am is too early for me, feels like they're trying to get rid of you! Better directions to and from the bus station definitely needed, I had problems getting there and back.

Great hostel. Social environment. Amazing breakfast prepared by Claudia! Her crepes, scrambled eggs and friendly smile are a great way to start the morning. The hostel is a great place to plan and book your excursions through the Mendoza wine region.

Excellent hostel, lots of activities organised for the guests every evening so you get to meet and interact with everybody. BBQ night, wine tasting, empanada making, free Spanish lessons. There is a real sense of community. Also, Claudia makes great pancakes in the mornings! :)

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Finzo

We stayed here for just one night, and that was more than enough! The staff were very helpful and friendly, however the hostel seemed really run down and not very clean. There was a condom wrapper that spent a day outside the shared bathroom, and a terrace outside our room that had an impossibly packed astray! We heard great things about the breakfast and whilst the rumour of pancakes was true they were cold and the lady serving them was not very friendly. We wouldn't stay here again.

Nice hostel with really good social areas. The staff were very helpful and Claudia made fab pancakes every morning at breakfast! Beds ok for south America and bathrooms fine (downstairs near the kitchen are best) though often without toilet paper.

I loved this hostel. It has many pleasant terraces, dining areas and chill-out locations. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the place has a good vibe. The rooms lack some attention to detail, but are more than satisfactory for the price. The 12 noon check-in time is a great feature, not something I've seen in a hostel before. And the breakfast was wonderful (thanks for those tasty crepes).

HI, thanks for your comment, we are so happy that you found great our hostel, we are always traying to get better the stay of all the guests. cheers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4