Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

Amazing place. It's location is close to the city but far enough for some peace and quiet. Pretty good price for what you get. Breakfast is amazing - sometimes pancakes and scrambled eggs. Free nightly wine helps too. It attracts the right crowd too. Everything was clean and rooms were comfortable. Staff were really friendly, always chatted with me and helped out. The bathrooms are a tad bit too narrow, but not a big issue. There's a patio and terrace to chill too. Def recommend!

Very Nice stay, veey good breakfast. Staff perfect. Negative point : far away from bus terminal, nerf to take a taxi.

This is what a hostel should be like! Beautiful backyard with a pool and a little rooftop. Breakfast was amazing! The lady who makes it is a sweetheart- and she can cook! Delicious scrambled eggs and crepes. Empedrado has a great vibe and it is easy to meet people. Free wine every night! I stayed in three different hostels in Mendoza due to high-season and the fact I always just book one night at a time..and this was by far my favourite. I highly recommend to stay here!

Really nice place to stay, always clean and tidy. Nice areas to socialise and a BBQ to use that was great!! Breakfast was awesome and claudias crepes were yummy!! Would stay again :)

Thanks for your comment, we are very happy that you like the hostel. We hope to see you again! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Good price, very clean, awesome breakfast with scrambled eggs and crepes. There is a lovely patio covered by grape vines and a small pool to cool off. The showers aren't the greatest (use the one closest to reception for best pressure) - but they do the job. You can do your own laundry for free!! Staff are awesome. A little bit out of the way but not bad (10 min walk to center). Definitely would recommend staying here!

Thanks for your comment! Im very happy that you enjoy the hostel. We hope to see you again! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Absolutely loved the free malbec each night and the eggs and pancakes each morning. (Thanks Claudia!) The bathrooms were always clean and the rooms were fine although my bed was pretty uncomfy. I liked the courtyard, the hostel was huge but we had a few problems with the WiFi.

Thanks for your comment, we hope yo change the wifi, so when you came back we are going to have a better one haha. I'm verry happy that you like the hostel. We hope to see you again! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Very friendly staff, great atmosphere, organized many activities for us, thanks

• 29th Jan 2016

Thanks for you comment. We hope to see you again for the hostel! Flor-Hostel empedrado

Nice hostel with friendly staff, not too far from the center. The pillow on my bed was not clean, I had to use my own, as it was 2 am when I went to bed. The 2 bed rooms are nice, but the street is noisy in the morning. Supermarket close by, good facilities.

Thanks for you comment, If you had said, we could have given a new pillow. But thank you for let us know. We hope to see you again! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

The hostel is generally very nice; clean rooms, spacious etc. However, the staff in particular were exceptional. Claudia was a star with her lovely breakfasts, Jorge was more than helpful in organising trips and general directions around the city and the general ambiance made coming back to the hostel, after a long day visiting wineries, a pleasure. Well done Empedrado!

Thanks for your comment. U hope to see you againg!! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

The staff at this hostel were great- knew you by name and were so helpful with booking tours etc. The free wine 7-9pm makes it easy to meet people plus the asado twice a week is amazing! Breakfast is probably the best I've had in any hostel. Plenty of bathrooms which were always clean, and the small swimming pool and hammock were nice to relax by after a day of wineries! Wifi was a bit spotty in areas but expected in busy hostels! Overall a great social hostel!

Thank you so much for your comment. Im really happy that you had enjoy been here. We hope to see you again! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Really great hostel. They have very friendly staff, great free breakfasts, free wine every night and lots of tours to choose from. The thermal pools and wine tours were great value. The showers are cold but in the heat of Mendoza they are a good chance to cool down. Only negative would be the beds, some could use a upgrade.

We are very happy about that. I hope to see you againg and change de beds.. The best for you! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Free pancakes are rare while travelling so its nice to have some here but don't expect too much from it. The staff are really nice and helpful though. Place is very clean too, even if a little overused. Only gripe is the early check out time at 10am and mozzies from the yard. No air-conditioning.

Thank you, we hope to see you againg! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Had a wonderful stay here, they had staff on the desk 24 hours a day and all of them had great English and were extremely nice and helpful. Our room was basic but a fan kept us cool enough and the bathrooms were cleaned and maintained regularly. The free wine every night was nice for socializing and the kitchens were large and one was well stocked. They also had a TV room with a ton of English channels for hang out days. Location is a bit out of the centre but still walking distance everything.

Thank you, I'm very happy about that, i really appreciate your comment. I hope to see you again in the hostel. My best wishes! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Paid for double room with ensuite. The toilet didn't flush and when staff were told on a number of occasions they made a note but nothing happened. Also the shower never stopped dripping! The kitchens and common areas were brilliant and staff otherwise very helpful. Nightly free wine out in the garden was lovely!

Hello , we call maintenance to solve the problem and they explained that you had to press the button because the water pressure was very low. The supervisory herself checked and it worked. We are glad that you liked the activities, and we hope to see you again . Cheers Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Loved it. 2 kitchens free wine for 2 hours!!!! Free washing machine and dryer to use.

The staff here is wonderful and so helpful! We loved our stay and highly recommend staying here.

Thank you. i'm verry happy about that. I hope to see you againg here! Cheers! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

Simple rooms, but perfectly functional. Great communal areas and fantastic free events each evening. About 10 minute walk to the main plaza.

Thank you for your comment. I 'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the hostel. I hope to see you soon! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

We stayed in one of the private rooms and found it very nice. The hostel was clean, staff were great, and the breakfast was amazing. We did the half day wine tour with them and had a lot of fun on it. On our last night they had an Asado (bbq) and basically everyone in the hostel joined in for it. The only downside is that the hostel is about 10min walk from town. There's a massive supermarket one block away though which means this isn't such a big deal.

Thanks Michael, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in the hostel . We hope to see you soon! Flor-Hostel Empedrado

I stayed many times at Hostel Empedrado and it was perfect for my needs. I had to work online and this place was peaceful enough to allow me to work without being disturbed. A rather quiet hostel, but it still has a cool vibe. Spacious kitchen, big lockers, many common areas, good Wi-Fi. Free wine every night, which is appreciated. Many activities offered to guests. The hostel is not as central as others, but everything is within walking distance (Central Park is close to the hostel).

Very pleasant stay because of the many things organised from the hostel like wine tasting, wine tours... The breakfast was also served very friendly from Claudia and the eggs and panqueques were the best!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4