Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

We stayed for 2 nights and we had a great experience! The free wine every evening, free mate and empanada class, and other activities offered at this hostel makes the rate a steal. Great breakfast, nice staff and decent rooms. Totally recommend this hostel.

• 15th Jul 2015

Thak you for recommend the hostel ! We hope to see you again !

Extremely accommodating staff with great recommendations on places to visit & tour groups to sign up for. The breakfast staff is very kind and will cook additional meals you request.

Thank you for booking with us we hope to see you again !

My boyfriend and I stayed in the two bed dorm room which was essentially a bunk bed in a small room. It was cute and comfortable for the two of us. Staff are very friendly and helpful with booking excursions. Location is good about 7blocks north of plaza independencia so very walkable even late at night. Breakfast is delicious! Coffee, juice, pastries and your choice of eggs or fantastic creeps by Claudia. She is so cute and makes you feel special. Highly recommend this hostel!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very nice and quiet hostel. The free wine on the evening is a definite plus. The people we met there, including the staff and the guests were very nice and interesting. The bathrooms, especially the showers, are the main downside of the hostel. Basically just one working shower. The location is not very good, its far from Mendoza's cultural epicenter. The tours you can book on the reception are excellent. We reccommend especially the bike and wine tour.

The staff were all really nice and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, as were the kitchen and eating areas. The kitchen is pretty well stocked with pots/pans and is pretty big, so even with a lot of people cooking at the same time it doesn't feel too crowded. Breakfast was good, especially Claudia's crepes! (and occasional scrambled eggs). I ended up staying for about a week and would definitely come back

This has been the best vvalue for money that I have ever come across with any hostel. In terms of location, there is a supermarket close by but you have to travel (not too far) for fun activities such as wine tasting. Best breakfast ever, thank you to Claudia for her crepes and service with a smile! The staff were incredibly helpful and I cannot fault them. I would highly reccomend the horse riding tour offered here. Incredible value for money, the views, the food and the entertainment!

• 28th Jun 2015

Great hostel! Amazing breakfast

• 24th Jun 2015

We had a really great stay here, it was pretty quiet but that's mostly just because it's off season. The staff were helpful and Claudia's crepes are worth the hostel not being right in the city centre. Definitely best breakfast we had in South America and Claudia's happiness always made our mornings (seriously she's great). Also we noticed there was a cleaner around the hostel cleaning almost 24/7 and it really showed. Pretty good kitchen and free towels if you ask too!

Awesome staff an best breakfast, especially Claudia's Crepes! Perfecto... Recommend the horseback riding with Franco. 👌

Good: Breakfast of pancakes, cereal and lots of variety. Common areas are big - 2 kitchens, TV room, 2 different dining areas. Lots of outside space with a big, sunny roof terrace. Very helpful staff. Bad: Bedroom (private room with private bathroom) was a bit grim. Desperately needs decorating and the bathroom was not nice and extremely cramped. It's quite a walk to the centre and a taxi ride to the bus station with bags.

Had a great stay - would come back for sure.

It was our 2nd time in this hostel and we really enjoyed our time therel ! We were able to take a mate class, the rooms are clean are the breakfast is awesome !!!!

Great Breakfast with an absolutely lovely woman who cooks it. Free washing, free wine in the evening , and all for such little money. Comfy beds and huge lockers. only problem was it was a bit too far away from the centre for me and the atmosphere was pretty dead when I was there. Definitely not a party hostel but a really nice homely place to stay nonetheless.

The staff here are really friendly and helpful. They organise lots of tours and activities and can give you advice on anything else you might want to do. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is really good.

Staff were cool, they always remembered my name! A bit far from the centre of town, always a long walk! Clean and well equipped if a bit shabby, breakfast was awesome, they make pancakes for the guests every morning!

By far the best hostel that myself friends and I stayed at during our month long South American trip. Very friendly and helpful staff, fantastic facilities, great breakfasts and weekly BBQs, and an awesome atmosphere. The tours that we booked through the hostel were also fantastic (horseback riding + bikes and wine).

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in Argentina, the staff are lovely and very helpful. The breakfasts are AWESOME and a rare treat in Argentina to get eggs & crepes....plus both the breakfast ladies, Claudia & Pamela cooked me eggs just after breakfast finish time, when I was late....so generous!! I highly recommend this hostel. Oh and free wine each night!! :)

Hostel has a really great atmosphere, there's different rooms to hang out in. The breakie was amazing, pancakes as well as eggs, bread, cereal ect. Marked down as our room was very run down looking. Probably would stay again.

Hostel was in good location not too far from town centre. Staff were helpful with organising tours. Breakfast was nice and it was good to get variation from standard argentine breakfast but I think it has been over hyped by reviews here on hostel world.

Breakfast was great, as Well as the atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4