Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

Great hostel with an amazing staff! We really enjoyed our stay with you and will definitely come back

• 29th Sep 2014

Really good hostel. Friendly helpful staff and a good vibe. No lockable lockers in my dorm but otherwise great

Thank you for your comment, just to let you know in the 4 bed dorms (and all our dorms) where you stay there are hugh lockers inside the wardrobe, probably you did not notice. Regards, Hostel Empedrado

Best breakfast ive ever had in a hostel or in argentina. Crepes omelettes, so delicious. Really friendly helpful staff.

• 26th Sep 2014

Thank you for your comment, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hostel. Regards Hostel Empedrado

My friends and I had a great time staying at this hostel because of the staff and the other friendly travelers staying there. Immeadiately when we arrived, the lady at the front desk helped us plan our day and let us store our things before we had checked in. The delicious private asado and made-to-order dulce de leche crepes for breakfast in the morning were other highlights of our stay as well!

• 26th Sep 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, Saludos, Hostel Empedrado

Positives are the breakfast! The showers were cold or really hot or really cold. Sheets, room and bathrooms not very clean. Some members of staff were very rude, others were fine. Defo do wine tour yourself!

Hola, We thank you for your comments and suggestions. We will improve our cleanliness. Regards, Hostel Empedrado

Friendly staff with good chill out areas, fantastic warm showers and a well equipped kitchen. Great value for money with a good breakfast range and loved the happy hour wine! Would recommend for anyone wanting to meet people in a chilled out setting.

Hola, Many thanks for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Hostel Empedrado

I loved this accommodation specifically because it was exactly what we were looking for! Situated just outside of the hustle and bustle but well within walking distance of everything in the centro commercial area! A great safe and relaxing environment with ample common rooms to meet other travellers from all over the world. So many activities and tours available daily in house and with external operators! The staff are very friendly, very attentive and the little details make for super value!!!

Fantastic staff- Super helpful, super friendly, English fluent. Great Breakfast, good beds.

The activities that the hostel offers are GREAT! Definitely recommend horse back riding. Do NOT do a bikes and wine tour. It seems like a short distance but is terribly long and not to mention the bikes are AWFUL. I had a flat tire and so did my friend 20 minutes into the day. Bad. I would recommend doing it by van or something. The breakfast at the hostel was great! yummy crepes with dulce de leche. The bathrooms always smelled like poop which made the entire hallway smell.

• 15th Aug 2014

the blonde lady on the front desk was awesome helping us with tours etc, thanks!

Great location for bus terminal, easy walking distance to the town centre, great breakfast, ample of good quality tours available from the hostel, we did the horse riding tour which was incredible and really well ran, staff are kind and always around to help, feels like you are living in a families cute home.

Great hostel. Best breakfast in south america! The staff are lovely, from claudia the crepe lady, the cleaners and the front desk. Very clean, free wine from 7 till 8pm!!

Great staff. Organized many events and really want you to have a good time!

Further away from downtown than I wanted to be, but nice place with lots of room to hang out and meet folks.

• 26th Jul 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. Te staff was really nice and helped in whatever you needed. The kitchen is spacious and the common areas are great. I liked that on fridays, the hostel organizes dinners for a fair price. It's an excellent opportunity to get to know everyone in the hostel. The one thing I didn't like was the bedding, it looked really cheap and old. Besides that, it is a good hostel.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

I enjoyed everything about this hostel. Helpful staff (especially anna), good social vibe (but not in your face about it), plenty of kitchen space, warm showers, comfy rooms with lockers and charging stations, and decent WiFi. Well worth the extra couple of dollars.

• 24th Jul 2014

Hola Jeremy, Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Hostel Empedrado :)

Very friendly staff, we booked many tours with them. Easy to get to know other people because it's not too big. Free malbec wine from 7 - 8pm!! Great hostel!!

Great little hostel, amazing staff, home cooked meals, everything you need is easily accessible. Highly recommend! Thanks for a great time.

Hola James, Many thanks for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Hostel Empedrado

A lot of people like this hostel, my friend even recommended it as one of his favorite hostels. I'm not sure what happened with us, but we did not like it. It is not dirty, but I would not call it clean either. Seemed very old and kind of run down. Not sure if it was the bed, but i woke up with a couple bites on my arm. The 2nd night I slept fully clothed. We had the opportunity to stay here another night due to a bus cancellation, and we chose another hostel. I would never stay here again.

Great breakfast, and very friendly staff. Would definitely recommend this hostel.