Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

Really relaxed hostel. BEST breakfast. Free wine every night. Organised daily activities. Highly recommend the sunset horse riding and the BBQ! The lady at reception in the morning was great - So helpful and friendly!!

One of my favourite hostels out of my 5 month journey! The staff were extremely helpful and the outside areas were fantastic! Not to mention the free wine between 7-9pm every night! Kitchen facilities were great as were the wifi and cable tv channels. Only small downside is the bathrooms are a bit poky but it's not a major issue. I loved this place and would definitely go back! They also offer great tours as well!

• 14th Nov 2015

Enjoyed this quiet hostel during my stay in Mendoza. Free wine in the evenings. A pool is advertised, but though I was there in the summer, it was not running. I booked one bed in the dorm room but had the whole place to myself, which was great. Friendly staff. Enjoyed the breakfast, and the fact that I could use the kitchen and BBQ grill. Would stay here again

This hostel was great, very clean and very inexpensive for what we needed. It was little far from the center but very short and cheap cab. The area was super nice and safe. Claudia had the best crepes, amazing breakfast! The Staff gave lots of recommendations on where to go and what to do.

• 13th Nov 2015

Great hostel!!! We had a private room which was massive! The free wine at night is just heaven! Also breakfast is great! Old hostel but with great vibes and excellent staff

Claudia who makes breakfast is amazing. great value tours available and staff were really nice and helpful. they are really flexible about arrival and leaving times

Barbi and the other staff were so friendly and helpful! They also do way more than other hostels I've been to for breakfast. In addition to fresh oranges and medialunas, Claudia's crepes are great and she also made us eggs! She's such a sweetheart, too. The atmosphere was always fun, especially with free wine in the evenings. I would definitely stay there again.

Very good hostel all around, with wine-tasting every evening if you're into this. The breakfast is a cut above the rest, with home made crepes and broiled eggs. Wifi works everywhere, even in your room. Staff is nice and helpful, and they have several nice activities everyday like wine testing, empanada-making course and football. Really worth it.

One of the best hostels i have stayed in in South America. Great breakfast of crepes and eggs, very helpful staff and very comfortable beds

The hostel has friendly staff, and great breakfast - Ask if Claudia's making crepes. The private rooms are a bit small, and the bathrooms / toilets attached to them are REALLY small. The dorms are probably a better bet here, the common bathrooms are very spacious. The outdoor area (backyard) is a great place to spend time Myra at the front desk was really helpful in with booking a wine tour that was off the regular trail.

I would recommend staying at this hostel. The breakfast the Claudia makes is delicious, especially the scrambled eggs!!! The hostel staff are very helpful and the tours offered are reasonably priced.

Claudia Crepe was a fantastic breakfast hostess, always willing to accommodate with our needs and timetables. She made our stay even more enjoyable and made us feel at home

• 30th Oct 2015

I booked the room in 4 beds dorm for 3 nights but ended up staying 5 nights there. The location is closed to everything you need, Supermarket is just one block away. The staffs are helpful and friendly they do your best to make you have a pleasant stay. Breakfast was fabulous there are plenty of variety from fresh coffee, fresh juice, breads, scramble egg and special "Claudia 's crepes" by Claudia. If you arrive by bus you could take taxi meter to the hostel at 30-40 argentinian peso. Thanks!

We stayed 4 nights in this hostel in a private room and it was really comfortable. The staff are really friendly and helpful. It's in a good location only a 5 minute walk from downtown. Great kitchen and lounge area (with tv with loads of English channels) for chilling out. Highlight is the great breakfast served by Claudia, always with a smile - crepes, eggs, bread, croissants, fruit, tea/coffee/juice. Oh and free use of the washing machine. Overall a great hostel.

I loved staying at Hostel Empedrado! Friendly staff, great breakfast including croissants, crepes, eggs and fruit plus free wine in the evenings. They even let you wash your clothes for free!! The location is the only downside - it's a bit of a walk to the centre but I didn't mind it, the streets of Mendoza are lovely and it felt very safe even at night.

Great hostel, clean with good WiFi and full kitchen. Free wine 7-9pm is an awesome bonus. Can book all tours from reception which is good. Short 10 minute walk to city centre and big supermarket is 2 blocks away. Perfect for a fun short stay in Mendoza

JUST PERFECT. Best hostel breakfast I have ever seen. with fruits, crepes, scrambled eggs, bread, croissants, jam, butter, dulce de leche ...... Really awesome, plus incredible staff specially Claudia the lady who makes you the crepes and eggs.. she is just an amazing person. Plus they have awesome night activities at the hostel, amazing assado dinner, free wine, and tours at very reasonable prices. Completely amazing hostel.... and everything you need is within short walking distance.

Just had one night here, it was a bit rowdier than we expected, I think because the local universities were on spring break. There is a great shared kitchen and lots of fridge space. The free wine in the evening was a really nice perk. The shower was poor, weak pressure, which was disappointing because we'd just come off a 17 hour bus ride and were really looking forward to a nice shower. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Good location and tour options, free wine every night and delish crepes for breaky! Down side was no one cleaned our private bathroom over the 3 nights we were there.

Thanks for the comment, sorry about that, when hostel is at 100% we could make some mistakes, sorry again, we will strengthen our efforts. Have a nice trip !

Claudia's crêpes are delicious! and she definitely is one of the nicest person i have ever met!