Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

The breakfast is the best. The lady is very friendly and she makes the best pancakes. The hostel is located a bit out of the centre, but definitely walkable, even for a female traveller at night. You just have to be a bit careful and not flash your phone and camera etc. the hostel itself is fine. The bathrooms could be a bit cleaner and the dorms maybe need a bit of new paint, but overall it's ok. The free wine makes up for a lot of it! Good hostel, very friendly staff!

Many thanks for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

A solid hostel with friendly staff.

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was very helpful. The breakfast was good. There is a lot of communal space.

Many thanks for your review. We are happy that you liked our hostel.

this hostel was super nice, free wine, free grapes, great breakfast w unlimited eggs!!

Great breakfast Friendly helpful staff

Many thanks for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I had such a lovely time here at the Hostel Empedrado! The only thing that was upsetting to me was that each room didn't have it's own bathroom. I'm not sure if the website was misleading or if I just missed it. Either way, I would definitely return here. It's a little bit of a taxi ride to get to the main parts of town but worth it with the lovely staff, comfortable beds, and great atmosphere.

• 17th Apr 2014

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our website contains the description of the rooms and it says that we offer private rooms with or without private bathroom. All the dorms are with shared bathrooms.

Hostel Empredado is a good place for travelers looking for drinking buddies for the wine tours and other excursions. I found people though quite load in the hostel and the atmosphere not very respectful. Big plus was the breakfast which offered Crepes or scrambled eggs prepared by a friendly lady. Unfortunately the bathrooms were not so clean and very dispersed trough the hostel. I booked a horseback riding tour through with the hostel with Adriano which was loads of fun.

great hostel, free wine everyday, really good kitchen and the rooms were a good size and comfy. the breakfast was amazing, defo reccomend.

This was our second stay at the hostel. The breakfasts are great and we enjoy the planned activities (free wine tasting, Saturday BBQ etc.). We were very impressed with the service this time - we were scheduled to arrive at 5:30am and expected to wait in the hostel until the 11am check-in time. When we arrived our room was ready for us and we were able to check-in right away and get some rest. That was a very welcome surprise. The only negative is the blocked bathrooms (common and en-suite).

• 11th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Many thanks for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will improve the cleanliness and hope the third time the bathrooms are in better conditions.

Only stayed here one night before meeting friends at Lao. This one is a little more party with lots and lots of activities for guests to meet people. I personally preferred the chilled out vibe at Lao but would happily stay at either again

Many thanks for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is important for us to provide the best service for our guests.

Great knowledgable staff who are also very flexible and accommodating to traveller needs. Breakfast was decent (cereal, bread, pastries with omelettes/crepes to order). Our double private was simple but nice, common area has a nice vibe with ESPN for Champions League and a very tasty asado evening.

Many thanks for your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Great place, lovely helpful and personable staff and a nice social atmosphere. Lots of common areas to hang out, terraces, courtyard and the "dinind area". Free wine from 7-8 huge bonus, as was the free use of a washing machine. Kitchen is kitted out sufficiently and breakfast is one of the better ones we've had in Argentina. Nice walk to town, supermarket, butchers and greengrocers just around the corner. Great info on tours and activities too. Would definitely stay again.

This hostel was good. Staff friendly and breakfast was amazing. We would recommend this hostel, however the location was not as central as we had hoped. It is 3 blocks to the main Street, but further to the city centre. The directions on hostelworld could be improved also.

Many thanks for your comments. We will check our description at hworld but you have everything in walking distance: supermarket 2 blocks, ATM 2 blocks, restaurants 4 blocks and the main street 4 blocks.

Extremely friendly staff and great atmosphere. The breakfast was one of the best I had in Argentina. They served amazing dulce de leche crepes. I stayed in a private room that was pretty spacious and comfortable. However, the closets were very duty. Our room never got cleaned in 4 days. They offer a lot of tours with awesome and fun tour guides. We did the horseback riding tour and it was truly amazing. It ended with a pretty good Asado. I highly recommend it.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

Many thanks for your comments. Regarding the cleaning we offer cleaning service for the private rooms when the guests stay more then 2 days. You just have to let us know. But we appreciate your comment and will communicate it better.

Awesome. Good times. Staff were really friendly and atmosphere was cool. Even free use of the laundry machine. Crepes were good, locaysh was good, near all the good stuff. Yeah, I recommend

Awesome people, nice rooms, great atmosphere, just one of the best hostels I've stayed in in Argentina. The common areas and the kitchen are really nice and comfortable. On top of it they even serve pancakes with Dulce de Leche for breakfast and sice we stayed during the wine season they were offering a FREE WINE TASTING every evening!

Many thanks for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. The free wine we offer every day and not onlyin the wine season.

Very good place to stay :)

Many thanks for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

The staff are super friendly and very keen to help where they can! The tours are great and the free wine/breakfast is awesome! A great vibe and a great way to meet people. The main door to our room would not close properly and therefore all belongings that could not fit into the lockers were on display for all to see.. The upstairs bathroom was desperate for a clean but the 3 on the downstairs level were ok and I used them instead. Would stay here again if my room door shut properly

great breakfast, good location, nice tours lockers were all broken in our room, no A/C

Thanks a lot for your comments. As far we know in your room there was just one locker not working and we fixed it. Our description of the facilities says that not all rooms have air conditioning.

1 2 Next » last »