Hostel Empedrado Reviews

Patricias Mendocinas 1959, Mendoza, Argentina

Spacious hostel with friendly, helpful staff. Lovely pancakes for breakfast. Lots of tours on offer at the hostel and good value for money with certain deals. Cleanliness of the bed covers and some communal areas could be improved and some updating and maintainence in the bedrooms would help.

The breakfast was great, the swimming pool small but okay with the hot temperature. We had the poolhouse, a small walk to the bathroom and a little bit noisy. The hostel is a small walk to the centre, just two blocks in a more residential area.

I just loved the pancakes at breakfast! Just for that I would come back. They where really nice and drinking free wine at the small pool was a great way at spending mine evening.

• 4th Nov 2013

Great breakfast, tidy rooms and good staff, all at a reasonable price. All a backpacker can ask for!

I had a great stay at this hostel! The staff and people I met at this hostel definitely made my stay more amazing! The pool was great to have on the very hot 33 degree days we had whilst I was there. I would recommend anyone stay here.

Nice hostel with great breakfast. Would recommend it for that alone!

Best stay ever at my trip around argentina. Nice staff, nice tours, nice location, best atmosphere ever! Great bbq and pizza night they organize. So many nice people and evrrbody is hanging around together in the back yard. And the free wine hour from 7 till 8 finishes it! Would recommend the place to everybody!

So many activities on offer at Empedrado. We did empanada making class and wine tasting class, it was really fun! We also did the wine tour through the hostel, it was a great day. Very sociable hostel, met some great people. Just don't book the two bed mixed dorm if you want space... it's a dogbox!!!

Good hostel in a great location close to the bus station. Although the place is small, the atmosphere is pretty good, with a small communal area. I would stay here for 2 nights maximum. I think it is a hostel that would be very much based on the other people staying here. We only stopped for one night so can't offer any more info.

This place was absolutely amazing! From the minute we walked in everyone was so friendly! The atmosphere allows you to meet people comfortably and the free wine happy hour doesn't hurt! This place was worth every penny and I have nothing negative to say about it. If you are in Mendoza- stay at this hostel. You WONT be disappointed.

• 19th Oct 2013

Helpful staff, well stocked kitchen and spacious rooms. Free wine every night is great and we enjoyed the yummy asado! A little far from the centre of the city but still a nice walk. Recommend the wine tour!

For the most part we enjoyed our stay in the hostel. They have free breakfast in the morning from 7-10, free wine at night from 7-8, and nice lounge areas all around the bottom floor. The staff proved very helpful in suggesting and helping arrange activities during the length of our stay, and before we left we had started to feel at home. However, compared to other hostels we’ve stayed in we found the room to be somewhat disappointing and one night there was no hot water. Overall we appreciated

• 17th Oct 2013