Hostel Encantadas Ecologic Reviews

Praia das Encantadas, s/n, Ilha do Mel, Brazil

Positives: - good location, although it's hard not to given that the island is very small. not on the beach front. - decent price Negatives: - the owner is extremely rude and doesn't speak a word of English. When I arrived he was ranting about how annoying foreigners are and basically threw a bunch of sheets at me and told me to go make my bed - the place was very dirty, the bins in the bathrooms were full to the rim and the floors brown with dirt and sand - rooms are tiny and very hot

A hippy haven seconds from the beach, this hostel is perfect if you're looking for a simple and cheap place to stay. There isn't a bar but you can bring your own drinks and the kitchen is tiny but usable. Lockers are available if you bring your own padlock but they are small and located in the communal area. I was lucky enough to have an en-suite bathroom but some other guests said the communal bathrooms were dirty. Breakfast isn't included so I made my own.

It's a good, friendly place to saty. Great location! Some things were not working, though, like the shower. And the kitchen was quite dirty.

This was a really laid back place with a really friendly and helpful host (even though we couldn't communicate with him very well because our Portuguese was terrible). Breakfast isn't included, but is well worth the extra (small) cost for lots of fresh fruit, eggs, toast and coffee. A great location near the boat landings and a short walk from a great beach on the eastern side of the island. Recommended.

Very basic but nice place. Good value for money and the owner is very friendly.

I liked more of Encantadas than Brasília, so the HOSTEL is very good place for me. Pedro is an greqt guy, good energy and very helpful. The Island is very safe despite there is no public lighting. There are no lockers at the rooms and the lockers in reception are too small and the doors dont have keys. It is a very simple and cheap HOSTEL. It was excelent for me

Great friendly staff in a beautiful location

• 21st Aug 2014