Hostel Encantadas Ecologic Reviews

Praia das Encantadas, s/n, Ilha do Mel, Brazil

A basic hostel, but that is really all you need (and can get) on Ilha do Mel. It is near the dock and next to the pathways to all points on the island. They have nice hammocks and a good terrace to drink a beer. Wifi is not that fast, but that´s more a problem of the island. Pedro offered to bring me to my next hostel in Curitiba for a fair price, which saved me a lot of effort and hours. Sometimes he was just not present at the hostel though. All in all, would go there again! :)

I only planned to stay one or two nights, but ended up staying an entire week. The island is magic and this is the best hostel to explore it from. Rooms were clean and Pedro, the owner, is so nice. He really went out of his way to make our stay nice and he even arranged for us to be picked up by car when leaving. He might seem a bit tough at times but he is a good guy. Would definetly come again.

Pretty good hostel, a great value. No lockers to lock up your bags however.

Hostel was clean, on a great location, and as far as the owner doesn't speak English, if you make an effort to understand each other it works just fine. Only thing is that the kitchen wasn't really big

i booked and then i read the reviews, i thought i was gonna spent a bad time there, but it wasn't everything was pretty good. and the thing about the breakfast, there is a supermarket right next to the hostel, so its a good idea and cheaper to buy something to eat there

The hostel is simply awesome! The atmosphere is amazing and the location is stunning! The best place to be at Ilha do Mel!

Very good location, near to the two beaches and supermarket. Very relaxed and not noisy atmosphere. all main facilities like kitchen, lockers and internet are available. good value for money.

Positives: - good location, although it's hard not to given that the island is very small. not on the beach front. - decent price Negatives: - the owner is extremely rude and doesn't speak a word of English. When I arrived he was ranting about how annoying foreigners are and basically threw a bunch of sheets at me and told me to go make my bed - the place was very dirty, the bins in the bathrooms were full to the rim and the floors brown with dirt and sand - rooms are tiny and very hot

A hippy haven seconds from the beach, this hostel is perfect if you're looking for a simple and cheap place to stay. There isn't a bar but you can bring your own drinks and the kitchen is tiny but usable. Lockers are available if you bring your own padlock but they are small and located in the communal area. I was lucky enough to have an en-suite bathroom but some other guests said the communal bathrooms were dirty. Breakfast isn't included so I made my own.

It's a good, friendly place to saty. Great location! Some things were not working, though, like the shower. And the kitchen was quite dirty.

This was a really laid back place with a really friendly and helpful host (even though we couldn't communicate with him very well because our Portuguese was terrible). Breakfast isn't included, but is well worth the extra (small) cost for lots of fresh fruit, eggs, toast and coffee. A great location near the boat landings and a short walk from a great beach on the eastern side of the island. Recommended.

Very basic but nice place. Good value for money and the owner is very friendly.

I liked more of Encantadas than Brasília, so the HOSTEL is very good place for me. Pedro is an greqt guy, good energy and very helpful. The Island is very safe despite there is no public lighting. There are no lockers at the rooms and the lockers in reception are too small and the doors dont have keys. It is a very simple and cheap HOSTEL. It was excelent for me

Great friendly staff in a beautiful location

• 21st Aug 2014

Pedro, who runs the hostel was really accommodating when we had to leave early one morning. The breakfast was good, with fresh fruit and bread. Pedro, was helpful and friendly.

Great location very close to 2 beaches, a few shops, a restaurant and bar. Nice chill out area with a few hammocks. Gave us plenty of extra blankets and his sleeping bag when it got a bit chilly in the evening. Fresh breakfast on the first day. The owner was so lovely

Lovely little island hostel with a warm host Pedro! Pedro was lovely

This place is pretty average, internet didn't work, kitchen is very small and pokey and the owner doesn't speak much English. No breakfast but the owner did cut up some fruit for us one day randomly. Not bad, just not great.

Very nice Hostel with excellent host

Pedro was the most wonderful host! He made us a lovely breakfast each morning, and even made us toasted sandwiches and coffee when we arrived late and wet! The hostel is small and nice with a decent kitchen and wifi. The only things I didn't like were the Mosquitos and the damp, neither of which could be helped. Obrigada, pedro!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4