Hostel Era Alonso Martinez Reviews

Calle Serrano Anguita 11, Planta baja, Madrid, Spain

I was really amazed about the hostel for this price. Very nice and helpfull staff, very nice and clean place to stay. Great location to metro station, also to the city center, about 15 minutes on foot. Wifi connection is stable. Sufficient amount of showers and bathrooms, I never had to wait. I would recomend this Hostel!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

The poor rating for the facilities is because There is only a microwave to cook with. So you will be eating out a lot... This place would be perfect if it had a few hot plates to cook on.

Room was packed, which created small areas to place bags. Did not provide thick blankets so it was cold during the night, which woke me up, other then that it was a great hostel, very clean and nice facilities. Staff helped you as much as they could, and level of English is variated, most of the staff members speak good English

I stayed for 3 days at the hostel cause I was in Madrid for el classico. I had a blast! The staff was awesome specially Ariel and Rudy. The place is spotless and everyone is there to make sure you enjoy your stay. I highly recommend it! Thanks again!

• 23rd Oct 2014

it would be better if there is a common area like a bar where people can mingle n hang out in.... to have more toilets or even combine the toilet with the bathroom as then there will be no long queue in the morning for usage of the toilet.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Singapore

This is a small hostel, but it seemed more like a hotel to me. The hostel atmosphere was lacking.. There is no stove in the kitchen (though there is a microwave), and the toaster was out of order, which meant cheap cereal for breakfast - if you're coming for the free breakfast, don't bother :) The staff were very friendly. Though they did charge a fee for keeping bags - something I've rarely come across. The rooms were clean, with lockers. The bathrooms were perfectly clean and large.

Excellent overall. Only one thing would be to offer a more nutritious breakfast instead of sugar crisp and packaged croissants. Highly recommended.

Its a nice place in the center of Madrid, everything is mostly near and they have a metro station 3min from there. The place was nice.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Very clean and plenty of room. I will certainly recommend and use again. A cooking hob would be a real treat! Thanks for a restful time.

The reception is open 24hours which was flexible as we arrived late. The receptionist at night was very nice and offered us free breakfast after we arrived. Showers and bathrooms decent, breakfast is very basic. However, we got beds next to the door, and we were woken up repeatedly during the night.

Overall is good !! breakfast included, wifi works in the room, the location is great, 15-20 mins to the city central, I would stay here again next time!

Good value

It seems like a new hostel, there are still cables hanging around. The staff was nice. The rooms were a bit small but clean. Check out is at 11, but as soon as you leave bed (way before 11am), even to go to the toilet, they remove your sheets.

good security with lockers, although they were not in the rooms. staff were very helpful. location was pretty good to get around to many of the sites. the entire hostel was very clean. no real kitchen for cooking, only a microwave so you couldn't really make your own food. otherwise it was excellent.

The hostel itself was great. The facilities were much newer than the other Hostel Era that was close by (this is #2). The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. There is a TV in the shared area, as well as kitchen but no stove (so no cooking).

• 26th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a good location and the staff is nice, but the room I stayed in was really small for the amount of beds it has. There wasn´t enough space for 6 people, bags would occupy the little space for circulation in the room, and it was really hot at night, cause there was only one fan.

It is a great hostel only downside was/is that there is no actual kitchen, only a microwave >>> no oven/stove. Furthermore there is no air-conditioning in the room either however the price and staff members were great ! The bathroom was clean and the beds were ok as well..I would definitely recommend it..

Muy bien. Very good hostel.

the cleanest hostel I've ever been to!

Really great hostel in a great location, easy to walk into the city centre. It's right next to the chueca area which was great for me and my friends. The staff are incredibly friendly and the rooms are cleaned everyday, great service for such a low price. The only bad thing was that the lockers were too small for our bags, meaning that we had to leave them out and just put our valuables in the lockers. Not the end of the world but a bit annoying depending on who you're in a room with.

« first « Prev 1 2 3