Hostel Era Alonso Martinez Reviews

Calle Serrano Anguita 11, Planta baja, Madrid, Spain

First time in Madrid and stayed here as I was doing a busabout tour and couldn't book the other hostel. Was still a nice place to stay, guys at reception 24hours and free breakfast although it's basic but can't complain too much. My last night I had a couple of Spanish guys who were extra loud and kept the light on in the room. A few other travellers came out of their rooms to complain but the guy at the reception was in my room talking just as loud to them.

It was alright, the location was good but cleanliness was a little lacking. I had a fine stay, however the morning when I was departing I found a bed bug on my pillow.

The staff was great and friendly. The rooms are really small so the beds end up being extremely close to one another. The cleaning ladies come into the rooms at 9am but check out is at 11am wtf? If you want to sleep in, you're screwed. Overall, it was okay but I only stayed one night.

Madrid is amazing and this hostel is great! You have a 20 min walk to be in the center or in del retiro. The people behind the reception are goos but when i arrived they start to speak spanish instead of english. When he had to switch to english he didnt come across happy more anoyed. Rooms are ok beds are good. Only thing about the lockers i got a lock but never seen my locker or got shown where it really was. There arent enough showers and toilets for the amount off people that stay there

A great location! Atmosphere was awesome, met some great people. The staff was helpful when asked however not very involved. The room was small but manageable. Overall good experience. Would stay again!

Rudy was a good owner/manager! He helped me a lot! I arrived before checkin time, and I could use installations, pc with internet, and had breakfast. The breakfast was ok and with juice, The lockers were in 1st floor, outside the rooms... I sleeped at the room that is at street level where there are only one shower in the floor.. but I could use it everytime I need it. I saw all clean. The hostel is not located near the "Puerta del Sol", but if you prefer a calmed location , this is your place

Only two shower nozzles for the whole floor. Pay for everything except for sleeping in your room.

I is a nice place. The staff is helpful and kind and the location is pretty good (15 minutes from the main square). The price is perfect if you book a bigger room, if not, you end up paying a double price and sleeping in a small, overcrowded room with no daylight. It is well maintained, the rooms are clean, but the 'clean' sheets i got when I arrived were a bit less than that. And yes, the kitchen could really use a stove. One microwave is not enough for travellers.

The tab in bathroom for hot water didn't work well.

Liked: Common area was comfy Disliked: Hard to find (no sign on the street), took staff a while to open the front door

It's a solid hostel. No complaints. One thing that could be improved is to get a better sign because the front entrance is pretty bland and doesn't advertise it well.

For staying a night or two the place is acceptable, but you don't really want to spend more time inside the hostel. The room was fine, but the walls are like paper so if you appreciate your night sleep, I would choose another place. The toilets and showers were a disaster. Then again, what can you wait for 12 euros.. :) And the staff was nice and helpful, you should ask for the shuttle bus when going to the airport!

The laundry service that the hostel offers at a cost of EUR 6:50 implies they leave their clothes drying in an open-access bathroom. Several my pieces were stolen from the clothesline.

It was a pretty good hostel. The room was big with 8 beds. Pretty clean. The shower didn't work pretty well. Sometimes was stopping and other times just running with cold water (I guess someone was using the kitchen tap with hot water). The receptionist, the one at the night shift, called "Israel", was really kind and helpful with everything. Gave me some advice about what to do in Madrid and we had a great conversation. "I hope to see you again ;)". Definitely I'm going to stay again.

Generally madrid is expensive city. Location closed to metro but it is not nearby centrum. Bed quality is good you can stay

They have only one cleaner. Breakfast has not enough type of food. Only nice thing about this hostel is that nearness to city centre.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything was great except two things. Breakfast was horrible. There were only jam and chocolate. Second one is paying budget to leave our rucksack. I stayed so many hostel on thr Europe, but I never pay like that even I do check out. On the other hand, staffs were so helpful and smiling face. Cleaning was great.

Was good for a passing through stay, but the drunks at our door were a bit annoying. Not that it is your fault. :D

Average cleanliness rating because, although overall the cleanliness of the hostel was very good, one of the sheets for my bed was filthy. Friendly, helpful staff Size of the four bed dorm is ridiculously small

Overall a good hostel, but one thing lets it down - everything in the hostel makes noise & it's impossible to come in quietly at night. The staircase is metal and you can hear everyone walking up/down it no matter how carefully they tread, and all the room doors make a lot of noise when being opened/closed. If they can fix these issues I would definitely stay there again though, the staff are some of the friendliest I've met at any hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015