Hostel Era Alonso Martinez Reviews

Calle Serrano Anguita 11, Planta baja, Madrid, Spain

For staying a night or two the place is acceptable, but you don't really want to spend more time inside the hostel. The room was fine, but the walls are like paper so if you appreciate your night sleep, I would choose another place. The toilets and showers were a disaster. Then again, what can you wait for 12 euros.. :) And the staff was nice and helpful, you should ask for the shuttle bus when going to the airport!

The laundry service that the hostel offers at a cost of EUR 6:50 implies they leave their clothes drying in an open-access bathroom. Several my pieces were stolen from the clothesline.

It was a pretty good hostel. The room was big with 8 beds. Pretty clean. The shower didn't work pretty well. Sometimes was stopping and other times just running with cold water (I guess someone was using the kitchen tap with hot water). The receptionist, the one at the night shift, called "Israel", was really kind and helpful with everything. Gave me some advice about what to do in Madrid and we had a great conversation. "I hope to see you again ;)". Definitely I'm going to stay again.

Generally madrid is expensive city. Location closed to metro but it is not nearby centrum. Bed quality is good you can stay

They have only one cleaner. Breakfast has not enough type of food. Only nice thing about this hostel is that nearness to city centre.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything was great except two things. Breakfast was horrible. There were only jam and chocolate. Second one is paying budget to leave our rucksack. I stayed so many hostel on thr Europe, but I never pay like that even I do check out. On the other hand, staffs were so helpful and smiling face. Cleaning was great.

Was good for a passing through stay, but the drunks at our door were a bit annoying. Not that it is your fault. :D

Average cleanliness rating because, although overall the cleanliness of the hostel was very good, one of the sheets for my bed was filthy. Friendly, helpful staff Size of the four bed dorm is ridiculously small

Overall a good hostel, but one thing lets it down - everything in the hostel makes noise & it's impossible to come in quietly at night. The staircase is metal and you can hear everyone walking up/down it no matter how carefully they tread, and all the room doors make a lot of noise when being opened/closed. If they can fix these issues I would definitely stay there again though, the staff are some of the friendliest I've met at any hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015

There was a problem one day at night which I think was caused by a misunderstanding and the employee of the hostel was extremely rude to one of the girls telling her to leave the hostel immediately. They were shouting and have woken up a lot of people. The breakfast was really poor. There weren´t bathorooms enough for everyone so we would always have to wait a lot. The lockers in the rooms were too small and didn´t fit our luggage (hand luggage) so we had to have two padlocks.

Highly recommended place! Very welcoming and helpful stuff, nice location, safe environment.

Everything was very noce except that the person responsable came quite early turned the light on and left in on and practically through one out of the bed

It's a very nice hostel with reasonable price for student like me. The staffs were very helpful. I would also like to stay in comming days too

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Nepal

Good value for money and great staff. The dorms are crammed. It could be better off if less people stay in small rooms.

Everything was good, except one thing. There has not a cooking tool. Just have microwave.

I was really amazed about the hostel for this price. Very nice and helpfull staff, very nice and clean place to stay. Great location to metro station, also to the city center, about 15 minutes on foot. Wifi connection is stable. Sufficient amount of showers and bathrooms, I never had to wait. I would recomend this Hostel!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

The poor rating for the facilities is because There is only a microwave to cook with. So you will be eating out a lot... This place would be perfect if it had a few hot plates to cook on.

Room was packed, which created small areas to place bags. Did not provide thick blankets so it was cold during the night, which woke me up, other then that it was a great hostel, very clean and nice facilities. Staff helped you as much as they could, and level of English is variated, most of the staff members speak good English

I stayed for 3 days at the hostel cause I was in Madrid for el classico. I had a blast! The staff was awesome specially Ariel and Rudy. The place is spotless and everyone is there to make sure you enjoy your stay. I highly recommend it! Thanks again!

• 23rd Oct 2014

When I was trying to check out and get my deposit back. the receptionist literally faffed around for at least fifteen minutes, seeming incapable of performing this simple task. He was also unapologetic and hostile about this. I consequently missed my train to the airport, and the back-up option was late, meaning that I arrived too late to check in my hold luggage for my flight to South America. If a hostel insists on taking a deposit they have to employ staff competent enough to deal with it.