Hostel Era Alonso Martinez Reviews

Calle Serrano Anguita 11, Planta baja, Madrid, Spain

A great location! Atmosphere was awesome, met some great people. The staff was helpful when asked however not very involved. The room was small but manageable. Overall good experience. Would stay again!

Rudy was a good owner/manager! He helped me a lot! I arrived before checkin time, and I could use installations, pc with internet, and had breakfast. The breakfast was ok and with juice, The lockers were in 1st floor, outside the rooms... I sleeped at the room that is at street level where there are only one shower in the floor.. but I could use it everytime I need it. I saw all clean. The hostel is not located near the "Puerta del Sol", but if you prefer a calmed location , this is your place

Only two shower nozzles for the whole floor. Pay for everything except for sleeping in your room.

I is a nice place. The staff is helpful and kind and the location is pretty good (15 minutes from the main square). The price is perfect if you book a bigger room, if not, you end up paying a double price and sleeping in a small, overcrowded room with no daylight. It is well maintained, the rooms are clean, but the 'clean' sheets i got when I arrived were a bit less than that. And yes, the kitchen could really use a stove. One microwave is not enough for travellers.

The tab in bathroom for hot water didn't work well.

Liked: Common area was comfy Disliked: Hard to find (no sign on the street), took staff a while to open the front door

It's a solid hostel. No complaints. One thing that could be improved is to get a better sign because the front entrance is pretty bland and doesn't advertise it well.

For staying a night or two the place is acceptable, but you don't really want to spend more time inside the hostel. The room was fine, but the walls are like paper so if you appreciate your night sleep, I would choose another place. The toilets and showers were a disaster. Then again, what can you wait for 12 euros.. :) And the staff was nice and helpful, you should ask for the shuttle bus when going to the airport!

The laundry service that the hostel offers at a cost of EUR 6:50 implies they leave their clothes drying in an open-access bathroom. Several my pieces were stolen from the clothesline.

It was a pretty good hostel. The room was big with 8 beds. Pretty clean. The shower didn't work pretty well. Sometimes was stopping and other times just running with cold water (I guess someone was using the kitchen tap with hot water). The receptionist, the one at the night shift, called "Israel", was really kind and helpful with everything. Gave me some advice about what to do in Madrid and we had a great conversation. "I hope to see you again ;)". Definitely I'm going to stay again.

Generally madrid is expensive city. Location closed to metro but it is not nearby centrum. Bed quality is good you can stay

They have only one cleaner. Breakfast has not enough type of food. Only nice thing about this hostel is that nearness to city centre.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything was great except two things. Breakfast was horrible. There were only jam and chocolate. Second one is paying budget to leave our rucksack. I stayed so many hostel on thr Europe, but I never pay like that even I do check out. On the other hand, staffs were so helpful and smiling face. Cleaning was great.

Was good for a passing through stay, but the drunks at our door were a bit annoying. Not that it is your fault. :D

Average cleanliness rating because, although overall the cleanliness of the hostel was very good, one of the sheets for my bed was filthy. Friendly, helpful staff Size of the four bed dorm is ridiculously small

Overall a good hostel, but one thing lets it down - everything in the hostel makes noise & it's impossible to come in quietly at night. The staircase is metal and you can hear everyone walking up/down it no matter how carefully they tread, and all the room doors make a lot of noise when being opened/closed. If they can fix these issues I would definitely stay there again though, the staff are some of the friendliest I've met at any hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015

There was a problem one day at night which I think was caused by a misunderstanding and the employee of the hostel was extremely rude to one of the girls telling her to leave the hostel immediately. They were shouting and have woken up a lot of people. The breakfast was really poor. There weren´t bathorooms enough for everyone so we would always have to wait a lot. The lockers in the rooms were too small and didn´t fit our luggage (hand luggage) so we had to have two padlocks.

Highly recommended place! Very welcoming and helpful stuff, nice location, safe environment.

Everything was very noce except that the person responsable came quite early turned the light on and left in on and practically through one out of the bed

It's a very nice hostel with reasonable price for student like me. The staffs were very helpful. I would also like to stay in comming days too

• 14th Dec 2014