Hostel Era Alonso Martinez Reviews

Calle Serrano Anguita 11, Planta baja, Madrid, Spain

They have only one cleaner. Breakfast has not enough type of food. Only nice thing about this hostel is that nearness to city centre.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything was great except two things. Breakfast was horrible. There were only jam and chocolate. Second one is paying budget to leave our rucksack. I stayed so many hostel on thr Europe, but I never pay like that even I do check out. On the other hand, staffs were so helpful and smiling face. Cleaning was great.

Was good for a passing through stay, but the drunks at our door were a bit annoying. Not that it is your fault. :D

Average cleanliness rating because, although overall the cleanliness of the hostel was very good, one of the sheets for my bed was filthy. Friendly, helpful staff Size of the four bed dorm is ridiculously small

Overall a good hostel, but one thing lets it down - everything in the hostel makes noise & it's impossible to come in quietly at night. The staircase is metal and you can hear everyone walking up/down it no matter how carefully they tread, and all the room doors make a lot of noise when being opened/closed. If they can fix these issues I would definitely stay there again though, the staff are some of the friendliest I've met at any hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2015

There was a problem one day at night which I think was caused by a misunderstanding and the employee of the hostel was extremely rude to one of the girls telling her to leave the hostel immediately. They were shouting and have woken up a lot of people. The breakfast was really poor. There weren´t bathorooms enough for everyone so we would always have to wait a lot. The lockers in the rooms were too small and didn´t fit our luggage (hand luggage) so we had to have two padlocks.

Highly recommended place! Very welcoming and helpful stuff, nice location, safe environment.

Everything was very noce except that the person responsable came quite early turned the light on and left in on and practically through one out of the bed

It's a very nice hostel with reasonable price for student like me. The staffs were very helpful. I would also like to stay in comming days too

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Nepal

Good value for money and great staff. The dorms are crammed. It could be better off if less people stay in small rooms.

Everything was good, except one thing. There has not a cooking tool. Just have microwave.

I was really amazed about the hostel for this price. Very nice and helpfull staff, very nice and clean place to stay. Great location to metro station, also to the city center, about 15 minutes on foot. Wifi connection is stable. Sufficient amount of showers and bathrooms, I never had to wait. I would recomend this Hostel!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

The poor rating for the facilities is because There is only a microwave to cook with. So you will be eating out a lot... This place would be perfect if it had a few hot plates to cook on.

Room was packed, which created small areas to place bags. Did not provide thick blankets so it was cold during the night, which woke me up, other then that it was a great hostel, very clean and nice facilities. Staff helped you as much as they could, and level of English is variated, most of the staff members speak good English

I stayed for 3 days at the hostel cause I was in Madrid for el classico. I had a blast! The staff was awesome specially Ariel and Rudy. The place is spotless and everyone is there to make sure you enjoy your stay. I highly recommend it! Thanks again!

• 23rd Oct 2014

When I was trying to check out and get my deposit back. the receptionist literally faffed around for at least fifteen minutes, seeming incapable of performing this simple task. He was also unapologetic and hostile about this. I consequently missed my train to the airport, and the back-up option was late, meaning that I arrived too late to check in my hold luggage for my flight to South America. If a hostel insists on taking a deposit they have to employ staff competent enough to deal with it.

it would be better if there is a common area like a bar where people can mingle n hang out in.... to have more toilets or even combine the toilet with the bathroom as then there will be no long queue in the morning for usage of the toilet.

This is a small hostel, but it seemed more like a hotel to me. The hostel atmosphere was lacking.. There is no stove in the kitchen (though there is a microwave), and the toaster was out of order, which meant cheap cereal for breakfast - if you're coming for the free breakfast, don't bother :) The staff were very friendly. Though they did charge a fee for keeping bags - something I've rarely come across. The rooms were clean, with lockers. The bathrooms were perfectly clean and large.

Excellent overall. Only one thing would be to offer a more nutritious breakfast instead of sugar crisp and packaged croissants. Highly recommended.

Its a nice place in the center of Madrid, everything is mostly near and they have a metro station 3min from there. The place was nice.

• 8th Oct 2014