Hostel Erni Reviews

Calle 28 de Agosto 30-B Centro Historico, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Jesus and Juan are wonderful hosts! The hostel is tidy and has all of your basic amenities are covered. The bathroom is not en-suite, keep that in mind. My travel partner became quite ill and Jesus drove us to three separate providers before driving to the hospital. He waited to make sure he would be seen by the Dr and offered his personal cell # to pick us up later. Rodrigo, another staff member is not as friendly nor does he make breakfast.

• 13th Feb 2015

small hostel with family atmosphere and very nice and friendly staff/owner, who prepers warm mexican breakfast

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Hostel Erni is in a wonderful location, maybe 5 minutes from everything that might be needed. The hostel rooms were not too bad and had enough space, however the bathroom is shared by all and didn't feel clean. Breakfast was horrible - but not a problem to skip it you can find good options in town. Loved Juan - he was sweet and tried to accommodate to all our needs.

Juan was an incredible host and on top of that an excellent cook, we enjoyed our stay there - it is an excellent value for money!

It was not exactly what we expected. It was a place where people mostly kept to themselves. The staff spoke no English which unfortunatly made us feel like outsiders that were more of a news nuisance than anything but I guess that's our fault. (The actual staff were away) The showers were only on for a few hours and even then they were not hot. Otherwise it could have been really nice, I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

• 21st Sep 2014

This is really like a homestay! The owners are really, really friendly and help you - they even took me to a doctor when I unfortunately became ill. I can definitely recommend this place! And the breakfast is delicious!

the owner seemed recently changed. Juan, the new owner, was very nice. with my very limited Spanish and his very limited English, we somehow went by nicely. the location was nice. just one block off the crowds. the place was friendly and clean. the only concern was the bathroom/shower. it could be crowded since 4 rooms share 1 facility. other than that, it's a nice place to chill out.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels