Hostel Erni Reviews

Calle 28 de Agosto 30-B Centro Historico, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

It was not exactly what we expected. It was a place where people mostly kept to themselves. The staff spoke no English which unfortunatly made us feel like outsiders that were more of a news nuisance than anything but I guess that's our fault. (The actual staff were away) The showers were only on for a few hours and even then they were not hot. Otherwise it could have been really nice, I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

• 21st Sep 2014

This is really like a homestay! The owners are really, really friendly and help you - they even took me to a doctor when I unfortunately became ill. I can definitely recommend this place! And the breakfast is delicious!

the owner seemed recently changed. Juan, the new owner, was very nice. with my very limited Spanish and his very limited English, we somehow went by nicely. the location was nice. just one block off the crowds. the place was friendly and clean. the only concern was the bathroom/shower. it could be crowded since 4 rooms share 1 facility. other than that, it's a nice place to chill out.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • China

After arriving 7hours late they were nothing but accommodating! Felt very welcome here and the family atmosphere was great. Helpful with tours and advice around the city. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Hostel erni was by far the best hostel I've stayed in! A proper homely atmosphere provided by Erika and Arturo, 2 of the friendliest people you could find! They went out of their way to meet all of our needs! We will be back!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Portugal

This is my second time staying at Hostel Ernie. Arturo and Erika are incredibly welcoming and kind. The hostel is fairly small, so you wind up getting to know the other guests; especially over breakfast in the morning. My one qualm is that because this is a family establishment, there is no permanent staff. I did wind up waiting a while when I arrived because nobody was at the hostel to open the door for me... Oh, and be sure to remember the address, because there is no sign.

• 25th Jun 2014

If all hostels were like this you wouldn't need a rating system. It is run by the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Arturo and Erika are easy to talk to, funny, and truly want you to enjoy your time in the San Cristobal area and go out of their way to give you great advice and great rates on all tours and things to do in the area. The breakfast is great and it's a family atmosphere so you can get to know your hosts and other guests very easily. We are already making plans to come back.

• 19th Jun 2014

Arturo and Erika were wonderful hosts. It is very important for them that their guests feel at home and enjoy their stay, and we certainly did!

• 14th Jun 2014

The owners are like family and actually they live there! For breakfast U could feel really home hahsha

We had a very nice stay. This is a family house, not an hostel, so this is the best part! I strongly recommend you to stay at his house. The owners are very nice people, we talked a lot and they make you feels like your house.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels