Hostel Erni Reviews

Calle 28 de Agosto 30-B Centro Historico, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Very nice hostel and caring attitude by Arturo when we arrive to find a double booking, who had arranged rooms in his alternative hostel -Dakota's. The comments here apply to Dakota's

thanks for your booking, we need more people like you with us... said hi to pat and the next time stay longer... Thanks for your patience and understanding

The atmosphere is good as it is managed by a couple. They have someone who can speak English to help. The security is no problem. However, the room that i stayed is quite simple, no window and one side of wall is actually a layer of wood that seperated from the dining room. They are kind to help explain and introduce the tours and can also help to book them. I booked a one day trip which they confirmed can finally drop me at the hotel in palenque but finally not, i was dropped at the bus statio

dear, thanks for you staying with us... and respect your comments : the room you say no longer give to guests and the driver of the tour company not speak English, and he said was a misunderstanding... from now on we will work harder for our future guests, always waiting for booking with us, with the goal of having the best experience at home and in Chiapas and on your journey .... thank you for booking with us we are waiting the next time you come to Chiapas sincerely Erika Y Arturo.

I really really liked my stay here! The hostel is run by a local family who really made me feel like home. My plan was to stay for two days but I ended up staying for the whole week. They have nice clean rooms, good and quiet enviroment and the friendliest owners (Erika and Arturo) that I've met!! It is not a party hostel so it's perfect place for people who like to rest and sleep well. Definitely recommended!!

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Nice hostel, great beds and excellent value. Owners are in the process of moving out so there are some small problems. The main one was breakfast bring late sometimes. Was annoying since we only really wanted it when we had tours booked. That being said, was a really nice place and I would highly recommend it.

hey sorry about the breakfast... you now we was little busy that days... now we come back to the hostel with new energy. thanks for everything see you then...

Enjoyed a very short stay in Hostel Erni. Good rooms, friendly, helpful staff, decent breakfast. Bathroom could be improved but shower was hot. Overall, great value for money!

This is more a family stay than a hostel. Erika and Arthuro are doing everything to make you feel at home.

We are an Australian couple who booked to stay 2nights at Hostel Erni. Upon arrival Arturo

Such a lovely family home! We booked for 3 days but stayed for 10 on account of us both getting a stomach bug. This was the perfect place to recover - quiet, relaxing, kind staff. Would definitely recommend this place especially for people who need a short break from more traditionally social and larger hostels/dorms. Only recommendation would be to fix the lock on the bathroom door as not all guests use the sign to indicate that they're in there.

This is a family hostel, a family who give us all the kidness and the whormess atmosphore that only a good soul family can give. I was in Erni hostel one night and after I changed to the Dakota hostel, the other one they have. Both are very nice, the rooms are better than you see on the pictures. Excellents beds, TV and breackfast. Is very nice to talk with Arturo and Erica, Great people that they aren´t only working hard on the two hostels but helping people to read and write. Highly recomended

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

It was a pleasure to meet the staff at Hostel Erni, Erika and Arthur, who explained me a lot about the city and surroundings. The atmosphere was unique, as I was at home.

My friends and I loved our stay at Erni's hostel, we came back during our trip! Our host made everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable, the terrasse on the roof was lovely. The hosts actually take the time to explain what to see and where to go. Note: as the whole family (and young children) live there, we needed to be quiet during the night. However, people can go on the roof to take a beer during the night without disturbing anyone

• 4th Feb 2014

Homely and friendly environment. Owners were lovely and helpful and made us a great breakfast. It had everything you could want or expect from a hostel at half the price. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet place to rest their head.

This was definitely our best hostel in Mexico! Arturo and Erika are true hosts, very interested in the human aspect of sharing their cute little home. We would have stayed longer if we could have. The room and the commun area are warm, clean and comfortable. The breakfast all together with other travelers of the only 3 other rooms was a great time. Very highly recommended.

• 10th Jan 2014

This was a very welcoming and warm place to be. This is a family home that is run as a Hostel and was perfect for me and my friend. We were welcomed with open arms and made to feel at home though our arrival was delayed and we arrived quite late at night There is lot of life in the place with the Owners and their 2 children who are all extremely friendly and have much to share. It is also a calm and tranquil place with plenty of privacy and room to relax in the common areas.

Hostel Erni is a great place to stay because the people are very friendly. It was quiet and clean. Please, though, they’re a family, so no partiers or late nights.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Great breakfast but mens toilet is WORST EVER.

Thanks for your comments, about the bathroom We're working on cleaning, but we ask guests to use it properly, And we are strengthening cleaning, Thanks for making us increasingly better

Nice place to stay, just at the border of city center. Its problem it's that it is a little anonymous, it looks more like a hotel than a hostel (and that's why the prices are really good). And the staff is quiet absent, i had to look for them during two days to pay, and when i checked out i had to leave my keys to their 4 years old daughter.

Arturo and Erika will make your stay memorable :) They make my feel I'm at home. I recommend this hostel to every traveler who want to be inside a mexican family.

A hostel with an excellent value for money: cheap but well located and extremely clean with a good breakfast.

Both me and my cousin stayed for 3 nights, it's a definite recommendation especially if you're low on budget. Erika was very helpful with all the questions we had about the city and activities. Also best breakfast in a Hostel, you get here a true breakfast of champion, at least that's what we got staying there. Beats the regular continental breakfast most hostel serves.

View all San Cristobal de las Casas Hostels