Hostel Erni Reviews

Calle 28 de Agosto 30-B Centro Historico, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

After arriving 7hours late they were nothing but accommodating! Felt very welcome here and the family atmosphere was great. Helpful with tours and advice around the city. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Hostel erni was by far the best hostel I've stayed in! A proper homely atmosphere provided by Erika and Arturo, 2 of the friendliest people you could find! They went out of their way to meet all of our needs! We will be back!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Portugal

This is my second time staying at Hostel Ernie. Arturo and Erika are incredibly welcoming and kind. The hostel is fairly small, so you wind up getting to know the other guests; especially over breakfast in the morning. My one qualm is that because this is a family establishment, there is no permanent staff. I did wind up waiting a while when I arrived because nobody was at the hostel to open the door for me... Oh, and be sure to remember the address, because there is no sign.

• 25th Jun 2014

If all hostels were like this you wouldn't need a rating system. It is run by the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Arturo and Erika are easy to talk to, funny, and truly want you to enjoy your time in the San Cristobal area and go out of their way to give you great advice and great rates on all tours and things to do in the area. The breakfast is great and it's a family atmosphere so you can get to know your hosts and other guests very easily. We are already making plans to come back.

• 19th Jun 2014

Arturo and Erika were wonderful hosts. It is very important for them that their guests feel at home and enjoy their stay, and we certainly did!

• 14th Jun 2014

The owners are like family and actually they live there! For breakfast U could feel really home hahsha

We had a very nice stay. This is a family house, not an hostel, so this is the best part! I strongly recommend you to stay at his house. The owners are very nice people, we talked a lot and they make you feels like your house.

Me and my boyfriend spent some night in hostel Erni, we found it a really lovely place, and the owners is a really friendly and nice family, that make you immediatly feel at home. the house is really nice and well done, from the structure to the furniture, and the location is good...you're not too far by the city centre. We really like to recommend this hostel, and say thank you to all the family!

• 19th Apr 2014

We had a great stay, complimentary breakfast was a treat, Eduardo's son Carlos was our tour guide for a day (with transpirt) and we had a great day out to our own itinerary very reasonably priced. A lovely family run small quiet backpackers.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Very nice hostel and caring attitude by Arturo when we arrive to find a double booking, who had arranged rooms in his alternative hostel -Dakota's. The comments here apply to Dakota's

thanks for your booking, we need more people like you with us... said hi to pat and the next time stay longer... Thanks for your patience and understanding

The atmosphere is good as it is managed by a couple. They have someone who can speak English to help. The security is no problem. However, the room that i stayed is quite simple, no window and one side of wall is actually a layer of wood that seperated from the dining room. They are kind to help explain and introduce the tours and can also help to book them. I booked a one day trip which they confirmed can finally drop me at the hotel in palenque but finally not, i was dropped at the bus statio

dear, thanks for you staying with us... and respect your comments : the room you say no longer give to guests and the driver of the tour company not speak English, and he said was a misunderstanding... from now on we will work harder for our future guests, always waiting for booking with us, with the goal of having the best experience at home and in Chiapas and on your journey .... thank you for booking with us we are waiting the next time you come to Chiapas sincerely Erika Y Arturo.

I really really liked my stay here! The hostel is run by a local family who really made me feel like home. My plan was to stay for two days but I ended up staying for the whole week. They have nice clean rooms, good and quiet enviroment and the friendliest owners (Erika and Arturo) that I've met!! It is not a party hostel so it's perfect place for people who like to rest and sleep well. Definitely recommended!!

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Gracias por todo el tiempo que estuviste con nosotros, ya sabes estamos en contacto y te deseamos lo mejor... y bueno nos vemos despues... Thanks for everything ... and come back to eat hamburgers in San Cristobal again

Nice hostel, great beds and excellent value. Owners are in the process of moving out so there are some small problems. The main one was breakfast bring late sometimes. Was annoying since we only really wanted it when we had tours booked. That being said, was a really nice place and I would highly recommend it.

hey sorry about the breakfast... you now we was little busy that days... now we come back to the hostel with new energy. thanks for everything see you then...

Enjoyed a very short stay in Hostel Erni. Good rooms, friendly, helpful staff, decent breakfast. Bathroom could be improved but shower was hot. Overall, great value for money!

This is more a family stay than a hostel. Erika and Arthuro are doing everything to make you feel at home.

We are an Australian couple who booked to stay 2nights at Hostel Erni. Upon arrival Arturo

Such a lovely family home! We booked for 3 days but stayed for 10 on account of us both getting a stomach bug. This was the perfect place to recover - quiet, relaxing, kind staff. Would definitely recommend this place especially for people who need a short break from more traditionally social and larger hostels/dorms. Only recommendation would be to fix the lock on the bathroom door as not all guests use the sign to indicate that they're in there.

This is a family hostel, a family who give us all the kidness and the whormess atmosphore that only a good soul family can give. I was in Erni hostel one night and after I changed to the Dakota hostel, the other one they have. Both are very nice, the rooms are better than you see on the pictures. Excellents beds, TV and breackfast. Is very nice to talk with Arturo and Erica, Great people that they aren´t only working hard on the two hostels but helping people to read and write. Highly recomended

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

It was a pleasure to meet the staff at Hostel Erni, Erika and Arthur, who explained me a lot about the city and surroundings. The atmosphere was unique, as I was at home.

My friends and I loved our stay at Erni's hostel, we came back during our trip! Our host made everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable, the terrasse on the roof was lovely. The hosts actually take the time to explain what to see and where to go. Note: as the whole family (and young children) live there, we needed to be quiet during the night. However, people can go on the roof to take a beer during the night without disturbing anyone

• 4th Feb 2014