Hostel Estacion Mendoza Reviews

Primitivo de la Reta 547, Mendoza, Argentina

The hostel is clean and the location is fine. It does lack atmosphere though.

Our stay was shortened in Mendoza due to this hostel. We where greeted at 8.30pm by a very unhappy rude lady. We went up to our room,one bed was not made at this stage we had been travelling all day we had to wait half an hour for it.Booked into an 8 bed dorm however there was 9 people staying in this room with 2 people sharing 1 bed which crowded the small room.still had to pay full price.Both bathrooms where extremely dirty with one bathroom no lock,the other no shower head.breakfast below ave

• 18th Apr 2014

This is the worst hostel i've ever stayed in. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy and no cleaning was done at all during the 4 days we stayed. The hostel staff were rude and so unhelpful, choosing to watch tv and play solitaire all day instead of actually run the hostel!

• 17th Apr 2014

Awful, the owners are really rude ...the pool was empty. No "hostel atmosphere", and LOTS of bedbugs ..I ended up with TONS of marks in my bed. We stayed for 4 nights and they never cleaned the room or the bathroom.

Very nice house and staff. They all were so kind and helpful.... I did like the garden, decor and cleanliness. I had a very nice sleep and the location was convenient to me, a few blocks from the city centre and from the bus terminal - which makes the difference when you travel not so light as I did. I'll be back when returning to Mendoza.

Hostel will do for a stopover, but Mendoza has probably better places to offer. When we arrived staff seemed to be uninterested, later one of the guys informed on request about nightlife but tried to push an expensive pubcrawl tour. Rooms and swimming pool were not that clean. Breakfast was really basic like in most hostels in Argentina. Beds were not that comfortable either. Close to busstation but requires a 10 to 15 minute walk to the nightlife area.

all the staff were super nice, except perhaps for the older lady. She seems quite grumpy, not sure she should be in the hospitality industry!