Hostel Estoril Reviews

Avda. de Mayo 1385 1� Piso, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I had a room in a far corner, nice and quiet. I am not sure how I would have enjoyed a central room hearing other residents talk till late at night. Pleasant facilities, staff that understands some English. Good coffee. Breakfast could include some whole wheat bread instead of just white. Locutorios and bus to aiport nearby are an added plus.

• 11th Apr 2014

Great location! Awesome BBQ!! A lot of fun!

The only point I really want to say is about thge kitchen, many time I didn t have the possibility to have breakfast but I had my own things in the kitchen to prepare something later, but it was forbidden to use it after the breakfast time until 13.00

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

An excellent hostel, with great staff and an amazing location right in the city centre! Lots of restaurants for all budgets. You have to go to cafe tortoni for coffee, Pizza Guierin, and a milonga at Peru 571 in san telmo (Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays) at 9pm..-tango class and a live tango band!

It would have been nice with a lock on the bathroom door in our room (by the reception, I think it was 101). Computers/internet connection were very slow.

Very well located, all subway lines nearby. Rooms and facilities were clean. Very good money for value, would recommend.

Very friendly, professional staff, best breakfast I had the wole trip, very clean, cosy hang out leaving room, really deserves 100%.

I chose this hostel based on reviews and I wasn't disappointed. I found the female dorm very comfortable and met some great people. Location is excellent in the centre of the city and it's close to snack places, restaurants, bars, theaters etc. The staff are very helpful with tips on places to eat, tours, money changing etc. the breakfast is excellent, and best on the first floor (eggs and fresh orange juice). There is a BBQ on Thursday evenings, which I recommend too!

Nice hostel, kitchen a bit small and only one fridge. Best breakfast with coffee, juice, delicious croissants and eggs scrambled by the egg lady! Friendly staff usually helpful sometimes a bit lacklustre. We have already recommended this place to others.

• 17th Mar 2014

Excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful, really enjoyed breakfast and the Thursday rooftop BBQ. Lots of advice and help with booking trips, free city tours and help with onward travel. Our only concern was there was a window in our room which opened onto a communal courtyard (within the hostel) with no lock on. The hostel, however, seemed very secure

Great staff, clean room and bathroom.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

A great Hostel in the center of the City. Clean and neat.

Incredible old building, clean and in great repair. We loved the location, and took advantage of the offered walking tour of the city. Great way to get a local's perspective of the history and politics. I would definitely come back to Hostel Estoril.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Splendid. Delightful staff and an excellent collection of DVD.

This a good hostel. It's a good option if you want a central location without the party mentality. The room facing the street is horrible though as it's so noisy and the window doesn't completely shut. But breakfast is good, wifi is good and the bed was comfortable. I like it.

All in all, the hostel was great. Most of the staff was very kind and helpful all the time we needed, although occasionaly we had to wait too long until someone would open the door because the staff was chatting at the kitchen. Another issue was that our room (Double Private) was quite noisy at night (because it was on the street corner of Av. de Mayo), which can be a problem for people with light sleep. Not much one can do about it though.

• 2nd Mar 2014

This is just the place to stay in BA! Met some other people who went to another hostel, but went back again, because the atmosphere here is just the best. This is a place for any traveller and for all ages. Located in the city center, perfect for going on tours but you are here for the atmosphere, the staff is wonderful, makes sure all is good, help you with all you need for the perfect stay in BA. If you are bored, just go up on the roof terrace and meet lots of interesting people!

A solid hostel in the heart of central BA. The staff here are friendly and accomodating which is a real plus in such a huge city. There hostel is set across a number of segregated floors which leads to a slightly disjointed atmosphere though. Definitely head up to the roof terrace in the evening though to meet other people. Also worth mentioning that security here was good with each person being buzzed in and eye balled by the receptionist.

nice hostel

Excellent location, spacious rooms and friendly staff. Great rooftop terrace which is great for meeting other travelers. Bathroom is a little bit on the small side and can be improved as it's getting a bit old. Good WiFi service and great breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3