Hostel Estoril Reviews

Avda. de Mayo 1385 1� Piso, Buenos Aires, Argentina

LOVE THIS HOSTEL! Stayed in both a dorm and then a private, and both were spacious, clean and comfortable. The hostel is well secured, with a closed door at all times plus lockers, it's in the middle of avda. Da Mayo and two steps from the metro. Staff is really kind and helpful! Good atmosphere, maybe not a party hostel and a perfect meeting place but everyone is chilled and really nice. This hostel is really good and the price is not that high! Would most def recommend!!

It was the best hostel I stayed in so far! The staff was very helpful and the rooms were very nice and clean! Also the roof terrace was very nice! I would Definitely come back here in the future!

Overall great hostel with great atmosphere and environment, but there are a few bad things. Mattresses are very soft, the wifi doesn't work well in some of the dormitories, and you can't bring in your own alcohol.

We loved our stay at Hostel Estoril. Within an hour of arriving, Sara from the hostel had helped us find a local milonga for us to go to for a tango lesson. Everyone who worked there was extremely helpful, whether it was giving subway directions, booking our ferry to Colonia, telling us about the local music or even making scrambled eggs to go along with our breakfast. We stayed on the first floor in a double room with a bathroom but also spent a lot of time on the 6th floor balcony (awesome).

Great hostel! Stadsbus Bert friendly and helpfull, especially Josh. He gave is directions and à whole list of things to do here. Really helps you on your way. Good security and a lovely rooftop terrace!

Only stayed one night but would have stayed longer if I had time! Staff was great and loved having a balcony off the bedroom. Would have liked a later checkout time as 10am is very early for BA. Also kitchen wasn't that great if I wanted to cook. Rooftop is awesome though and it's a great place to chill for a day or two. Would recommend and stay again if I'm ever in BA again.

Cool rooftop, but small hostel. If you're looking to meet a lot of people, this place is ok, not great. Clean and friendly staff though.

Hi! We have 120 beds distributed in 4 differents floors and our guests are allowed to use any of the common areas of every floor. We only have 30 people per floor in order to provide special care to each of them, so after a few days they will feel at home. Bar and living rooms are the best places to meet people Thanks for reading!

Good place. I stayed on floor 1 but having the terrace as well was nice. Great location in the center of town. I'd recommend staying here a few days and Palermo a few days. Staff was helpful and friendly. Woman who made eggs each morning was great!

All the staff from the cleaners to the front desk were super helpful and friendly here. Excellent place to stay in the Central District. Easy access to subways and transportation. Interior courtyard and rooftop bar were a big plus.

nog much experience with hostels but this one was great. it's clean but it can done better. The showers are perfect but run easily out of hot water. an extra bathroom would be nice and please fix the toiletseats. cant be that hard :-)

Loved this hostel!! Brilliant location, staff were lovely and unbelievably helpful, it was clean and comfortable, perfect really! On our first night they put my boyfriend and I in a private room (at no extra cost!) as all the dorms were booked up. The A/C was broken in the room though so it was ridiculously hot! But, the cleaner told the receptionist the next morning, it was fixed and we were given the private room for the rest of our stay for free! :)

Certainly had a great time here. The air conditioning was a welcome amenity, and the upstairs terrace was such a cool spot to chill. Solid choice!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and I liked having the option to have eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice. The rooms were clean and the 6 bed dorm I was in was plenty big enough for everyone and their luggage. The only slight downside was the noise from the street but that's to be expected in a city. The main lounge area was homely and a nice place to relax in and meet other guests. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Hostel with decent rooms and location. Unfortunately, a lot of small things could be improved: utensils in the kitchen are outdated, some of the staff are rude and uninterested (for example, we once had to open the outside door for other guests, even though the lady was sitting at the front desk, but she refused to open. Also, when booking a taxi she told us to come back around midnight, not very nice considering it was a 6AM taxi to the airport). Overall a OK experience, but expected more.

Great, central location with some great staff that are there to help with suggestions, directions, and booking. Some of the newer/international staff were less informed (e.g. sending me to another hostel to buy tickets for something that the Estoril actually books for their clients, not knowing the metro/transportation very well), but the more seasoned staff was great. Definitely would suggest to anyone staying in Buenos Aires!

• 15th Jan 2015

Way too few bathrooms! A shame that the staff at the rooftop bar are mostly just having their own party.

Great location in the center of the city. Ok breakfast with a nice lady scrambling eggs for you. I stayed in a private room. It was nice and clean. I would consider staying there again .

Great location in terms of being closed to historical and political sites of significance. Nice balcony. Front desk people not super eager to help. Not very professional either. Overall a good experience.

Cute place, very friendly and nice staff!

The rooftop terrace was our absolute favorite part of this hostel! After a long day and a siesta, having a beer up here with the sunset was excellent. Wendy and Josh were very helpful and we would definitely return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3