Hostel Estoril Reviews

Avda. de Mayo 1385 1� Piso, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great location and the staff are really good. Would definitely recommend the place. It is pretty relaxed though so if you want a party not the place to be.

Staff was nice, hostel had a good atmosphere and amenities but two things kept this from a better rating. No keys were given to the dorms, which I didn't like for security purposes. Anyone could walk in and out of my room. Also, the shared bathroom never seemed to be cleaned in the 4 days I spent there. It was always a mess and the floor was dirty. Again, this is a decent hostel for the price and overall a good stay, so I hope this review helps to improve the hostel to its full potential.

Good location. Facilities were top notch. Bathrooms and rooms were clean. Beds were unbelievably comfortable. Staff was by far the best in town. They always helped out and would chat with you just about anything. Everything was safe and secure. My only reservation is that it attracts a lot of party-going backpackers who may or may not deprive you of sleep.

One of the best breakfasts I had while traveling through South America:fresh orange juice and eggs!

Friendly helpful staff! Great breakfast. Nice to have access to rooftop terrace on 6th floor of the building.

The location and view from the terrace can't be beat. Daytime staff are helpful and have great recommendations. I stayed on the Terrazas (level 6) for two nights but moved downstairs for the remainder of my stay for more quiet, better wifi and better breakfast (you can still hang out on the terrace). Overall, an average hostel in an amazing location. Expect loud voices in the halls at all hours, especially in rooms near the entrance.

Great hostel! The staff are excellent. The breakfast is good. The beds are comfortable. And it has air-conditioning. I really can't say enough about the staff. They were wonderful. It's like staying in someones home. Thanks for a great stay.

I thought the hostel was good, but the culture was disappointing. At the hostels I've stayed in with large shared outdoor spaces, people usually make an effort to meet each other, but that didn't happen as much here. I think it's a great option for groups, but I wouldn't recommend it to solo travelers, since many more visitors come in groups than at the average hostel.

Air con at night was wonderful, although someone kept hiding it in our room. Great location... Rooftop bar was good!

Positives: - Good location, walking distance to Av 9 de Julio, and the Congresso - Staff very helpful Negatives: - Had to ring the bell and wait for door to be opened everytime - a passcode protected door would be much simpler

Hi! We keep the door locked for safety reasons. If there was a passcode, many tourists will probably let strangers in and that would threaten the security of the hostel. Thanks for reading!

Good value for money hostel in a central location. The breakfast was good: eggs, croissants, bread, fresh orange juice and coffee. Lacked the friendly international hostel feel/vibe.

Such a great little, boutique feeling hostel with friendly staff and friendly people. There was a kitchen mama who made us scrambled eggs in the morning and was so lovely we wanted to take her with us. Beautiful rooftop area for relaxing in the sun. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Buenos Aires.

• 9th Dec 2015

Good and recommendable hostel. Located close to all major business districts. Dormitories were fine with air conditioning. The common room was simple but cozy. Godd showers with hot water. Lockers for private affairs. Superb breakfast and on request you can get mirror or scrambled eggs. The terrace on the 6th floor is very nice and the staff organizes excellent barbecues. The secretariat is very helpful in every way you can get all the information, tips and show. We would book again

Great hostel in a perfect location right next to a metro station and located on one of Buenos Aires' most beautiful streets. The staff were very friendly and organised a great curry night while we were there. Breakfast was great with eggs made the way you like. The bathrooms were decent but could use a deep clean.

Great hostel to stay at. All the receptionists are very friendly. The atmosphere is awesome, the hostel has a to iTunes at night where you can meet all the guests. They have a wide variety of tours to take. The rooms are good. The bathroom could be cleaner, although it's good enough. The wifi doesn't really work in the rooms and sometimes not even in the common room, that would be something to improve.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

I rarely follow through with writing reviews but I wanted to make sure Hostel Estroril Terrazas got some credit for being a great hostel. I was traveling alone and spent 4 or 5 nights in a 4-bed dorm with private bath. The front desk is staffed 24/7 and are all super friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great--eggs to order ever morning, plus tea, coffee, various breads and fresh squeezed juice. The location--on top of a Subte stop and walking distance to highlights (San Telmo, Plaza de Mayo).

This is a nice hostel with really nice staff, the bbq and shepherds pie dinner nights were great. Be careful however as there is 2 hostels in one, the other one is Estoril Tarrazzas, on the 6th floor and this one is on the 1st floor. It is unclear on check in whether they are the same hostel or separate but we booked this one (1st floor) and were put on the 6th floor, we then had some issues with breakfast/bathrooms and access between the floors and it was very frustrating. All said a nice place

A really good hostel - I liked it a lot this first time so went back and stayed there again. Easy to meet other travellers, and the roof terrace and barbecue are highlights. Thanks to Federico and the team for all their help.

Good place, with nice staff , Wendy the atendence was really kind and helpful giving alot of tips , close to casa rosada , subway and bus stops , I liked alot my stay , clean and fair price . I recommend it to everyone , try don´t stay in the rooms in the front of streets if u have problems to sleep It is my advice , but it's nothing that takes the good impression I got from the hostel , and probably if if return to buenos aires I will still in same place.

Great hostel with an amazing breakfast and roof terrace!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels