Hostel Estoril Reviews

Avda. de Mayo 1385 1� Piso, Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is a great hostel that we would definitely recommend! The receptionist Wendy is really friendly & helpful, it's very clean & spacious, great central location, rooftop bar & terrace on top floor.

The eggs and the crescent rolls for breakfast were awesome, great location and very friendly staff that was always willing to answer any questions that I had.

This was a fantastic place in a fab location, easy to walk to anywhere and lots of public transport right on doorstep! They had some good tours there, we did the tango show, full with lesson and dinner, it was an excellent experience and well worth the money. Staff extremely friendly!

I rated everything "good" because it was definitely satisfactory, but nothing was outstanding...except the owner, a Chilean woman who will talk to you all morning and cook you breakfast! Some of the staff was new, so they didn't know much, but the experienced staff members were very helpful. However, the new staff girl who checked us in forgot to give us sheets and towels, so we slept on top of our comforters. The owner was very embarrassed when she found out. Location is excellent!

My only complaint was that there was not much of an atmosphere here. The staff were wonderfully helpful and we had scrambled eggs made for us in the morning. It was a good place to stay.

• 30th May 2015

Good hostel, nice roof top, friendly staff, good common room and kitchen. Small beds but that's Argentina I guess! Really enjoyed my stay

The hostel and its staff absolutely made my trip to BA. Upon checking in late in the night I was upgraded to the terrazas for no extra charge. I became quick friends with most of the staff there, and they taught me all the ins and outs of getting the most out of BA. The rooms and bathrooms were perfectly fine, and you can't beat the rooftop terrace overlooking Avenida de Plaza de Mayo and El Congreso. I was genuinely sad to leave this hostel, and I can't wait to visit again someday.

The people there were very friendly! Our flight arrived at 4am and we went straight to the hostel after clearing customs and collecting our luggage. We arrived around 6-630am. Our room wasn't meant to be available until the afternoon, but thankfully they were able to accommodate us anyways, I'm not sure what we would have done otherwise. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area. They gave us some great recommendations and really helped to make our trip worthwhile.

Overall, decent place to stay. I worked for me, the location is good but depending on your plans in BA it may not be. I've been to BA before and needed a central location for a couple nights. Worked great in that regard. The roof top terrace is really nice.

The hostel is located in Ave. de Mayo which has a great atmosphere and is full of good restaurants and bars. We had a private room overlooking the avenue. The staff of the hostel are also extremely helpful and will help with organising trips and activities in and around Buenos Aires, as well as money exchange. The rooftop bar is also a great place to relax after a day touring B.A.

• 4th May 2015
  • South Africa

This was a great hostel. They have an incredible terrace and great breakfast. The wifi was great in the common area, but didn't work in our back room.

This hostel is splendid. Thank you Wendy for all of your helpful information.

Loved it here! Great breakfast. Wonderful and helpful staff. Fantastic atmosphere and events to meet people. Wifi was fast but there was problems connecting to the second modem. A technician was called to fix the problem on my last day. It seems to work now. Showers are hot and location is pretty good. Close to metro to get around the city. Was able to watch movies on days or nights I wanted to chill and relax in. Would definitely recommend!

Really clean hostel, in a great central location, comfortable beds and hot showers. We had a great bbq on a thursday, only downside is the staff weren't helpful, even when asked!

Simply put, the service was exceptional.

• 14th Apr 2015

Very friendly hostel. They gave us great recommendations for activities in Buenos Aires. Some of the staff were incredible while others were not particularly interested in helping.

Really nice hostel with amazing terrace and view on the city. Nice cozy living room with dvds and travel books. The staff was helpful, friendly, and easy-going. Definitely worth it for the price!

Great staff, everyone were very sympathetic, the breakfast was also great, special thanks to "Fani" who cooked me really good scrambled eggs (haha). This is the second time i stay in the hostel and i definitely would recommend for those who want to have a great time in Buenos Aires.

• 10th Apr 2015

Great hostel to meet people and good location!

LOVE THIS HOSTEL! Stayed in both a dorm and then a private, and both were spacious, clean and comfortable. The hostel is well secured, with a closed door at all times plus lockers, it's in the middle of avda. Da Mayo and two steps from the metro. Staff is really kind and helpful! Good atmosphere, maybe not a party hostel and a perfect meeting place but everyone is chilled and really nice. This hostel is really good and the price is not that high! Would most def recommend!!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels