Hostel Estoril Reviews

Avda. de Mayo 1385 1� Piso, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hostel with decent rooms and location. Unfortunately, a lot of small things could be improved: utensils in the kitchen are outdated, some of the staff are rude and uninterested (for example, we once had to open the outside door for other guests, even though the lady was sitting at the front desk, but she refused to open. Also, when booking a taxi she told us to come back around midnight, not very nice considering it was a 6AM taxi to the airport). Overall a OK experience, but expected more.

Great, central location with some great staff that are there to help with suggestions, directions, and booking. Some of the newer/international staff were less informed (e.g. sending me to another hostel to buy tickets for something that the Estoril actually books for their clients, not knowing the metro/transportation very well), but the more seasoned staff was great. Definitely would suggest to anyone staying in Buenos Aires!

• 15th Jan 2015

Way too few bathrooms! A shame that the staff at the rooftop bar are mostly just having their own party.

Great location in the center of the city. Ok breakfast with a nice lady scrambling eggs for you. I stayed in a private room. It was nice and clean. I would consider staying there again .

Great location in terms of being closed to historical and political sites of significance. Nice balcony. Front desk people not super eager to help. Not very professional either. Overall a good experience.

Cute place, very friendly and nice staff!

The rooftop terrace was our absolute favorite part of this hostel! After a long day and a siesta, having a beer up here with the sunset was excellent. Wendy and Josh were very helpful and we would definitely return.

Certain staff were great some hated working there. One staff member even said in front of out group that she "knows why she hates working there".

• 5th Jan 2015

not close to many bars like san telmo. But close to buses, subways, and major landmarks.

One guy got he's bag stolen,EVERYTHING , was in it.he came crying back, he would miss he's plane. But they helped him so professional , it was so nice to see..thumbs up!

Hi! We just want to clarify that the robbery was on the street and not inside the hostel. Thanks for reading!

Had an awesome time here. Easy to meet people and a great location. Roof top terrace is very nice.

We had a fab time here with extremely helpful staff! I would recommend doing Nicolas' walking tour (reception told us about him) if you want to find out more about the history of Argentina! The hostel is in a great location, we walked to all the sites! Siga la vaca is great for meat!

It was a pleusure to arrive here after the Istanbul Place. The ATMs do not the chips and Peso is not convertible.

I ended up staying on the 6th floor (terrace) one instead and loved it! I'd suggest going to that one!

This is a fab hostel with an amazing roof terrace. The atmosphere is great and the hostel is always clean. The staff are very friendly although some are more knowledgeable about services and attractions then others. My only negative is that checkout is at 10.00 but breakfast is until 11.00.

Very nice place and staff. Great location next to subway. Good wifi connection.

i had a private room right on the first floor. the window was to the street with buses and cars waiting for traffic lights right under my window with noise, odors and fumes getting into my room. next time i would avoid this room. breakfast was very good, the bathroom cleaned daily, that's cool. i did not enjoy the security policy though: when you want to go to the terrace you need to go up and ring and explain yourself, and you even need to call staff to let you out again. i mostly felt 1984

Was awesome being on the 6th floor with the roof top bar but if you are on the 1st floor you have access to the roof top still and you have a better kitchen and a way better breakfast. All in all the place was great and had an awesome atmosphere.

I stayed at this hostel for about 4 days and I loved it! The staff was really friendly and went out of their way to provide me with the best information about the events that were happening in the city. I stayed up on the sixth floor and the view really was breathtaking. Thanks guys for so many great memories!

I love this place!! is my third time here , The staff really do make you feel like you're at home. The whole place was super clean as always . I would definitely stay there again and recommend it 300% to other travelers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3