Hostel Estoril Reviews

Avda. de Mayo 1385 1� Piso, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very nice hostel in the centre of BA. Good excess by bus and metro to all kinds of sightseeing attractions. Rooms and bathrooms were always clean. I stayed in two different 4 bed rooms, both where spacious. Rooftop terrace is great + nice to meet other travellers. It´s a social but no party hostel. If you book online breakfast is a lot and excellent incl. eggs and fresh juice. If you extend or just step in breakfast will be less, but price by night is also a bit reduced. Would def. stay again.

Certainly had a great time here. The air conditioning was a welcome amenity, and the upstairs terrace was such a cool spot to chill. Solid choice!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and I liked having the option to have eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice. The rooms were clean and the 6 bed dorm I was in was plenty big enough for everyone and their luggage. The only slight downside was the noise from the street but that's to be expected in a city. The main lounge area was homely and a nice place to relax in and meet other guests. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Hostel with decent rooms and location. Unfortunately, a lot of small things could be improved: utensils in the kitchen are outdated, some of the staff are rude and uninterested (for example, we once had to open the outside door for other guests, even though the lady was sitting at the front desk, but she refused to open. Also, when booking a taxi she told us to come back around midnight, not very nice considering it was a 6AM taxi to the airport). Overall a OK experience, but expected more.

Great, central location with some great staff that are there to help with suggestions, directions, and booking. Some of the newer/international staff were less informed (e.g. sending me to another hostel to buy tickets for something that the Estoril actually books for their clients, not knowing the metro/transportation very well), but the more seasoned staff was great. Definitely would suggest to anyone staying in Buenos Aires!

• 15th Jan 2015

Way too few bathrooms! A shame that the staff at the rooftop bar are mostly just having their own party.

Great location in the center of the city. Ok breakfast with a nice lady scrambling eggs for you. I stayed in a private room. It was nice and clean. I would consider staying there again .

Great location in terms of being closed to historical and political sites of significance. Nice balcony. Front desk people not super eager to help. Not very professional either. Overall a good experience.

Cute place, very friendly and nice staff!

The rooftop terrace was our absolute favorite part of this hostel! After a long day and a siesta, having a beer up here with the sunset was excellent. Wendy and Josh were very helpful and we would definitely return.

The front desk staff is fantastic! I cannot say enough good things. The kitchen is quite small and gets very hot when the woman is making eggs but make sure you ask for eggs if you want them! I think this is only on the 4th floor. Wifi was decent and the location was great.

Certain staff were great some hated working there. One staff member even said in front of out group that she "knows why she hates working there".

• 5th Jan 2015

not close to many bars like san telmo. But close to buses, subways, and major landmarks.

One guy got he's bag stolen,EVERYTHING , was in it.he came crying back, he would miss he's plane. But they helped him so professional , it was so nice to see..thumbs up!

Hi! We just want to clarify that the robbery was on the street and not inside the hostel. Thanks for reading!

Had an awesome time here. Easy to meet people and a great location. Roof top terrace is very nice.

We had a fab time here with extremely helpful staff! I would recommend doing Nicolas' walking tour (reception told us about him) if you want to find out more about the history of Argentina! The hostel is in a great location, we walked to all the sites! Siga la vaca is great for meat!

It was a pleusure to arrive here after the Istanbul Place. The ATMs do not the chips and Peso is not convertible.

I ended up staying on the 6th floor (terrace) one instead and loved it! I'd suggest going to that one!

This is a fab hostel with an amazing roof terrace. The atmosphere is great and the hostel is always clean. The staff are very friendly although some are more knowledgeable about services and attractions then others. My only negative is that checkout is at 10.00 but breakfast is until 11.00.

Very nice place and staff. Great location next to subway. Good wifi connection.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels