Hostel Experiencia Cuernavaca Reviews

Leyva 200, Colonia Las Palmas, Cuernavaca, Cuernavaca, Mexico

We reserved here, but did not actually stay. The hostal is associated with a language school, and has seen better days. We were just as happy they were unable to honour our reservation for a room with “cama matrimonial”. The staff were very nice, letting us change and leave our stuff in a room while we went out to see if we could find better quarters, which we did, and left.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I stayed 2nights at this hostel and I was the only customer. Although the hostel was far from Zocalo (about 30mis walk or catch the local bus costs N$6) I had to go out to eat everytime because the kitchen seemed like not used for really long time. The room and the bathroom was OK. I was annoyed by mosquitos all night as the door didn't close properly.

The hotel had indeed a great look, with a nice pool (even though it needed some cleaning...), that's what attracted me seeing the pictures on hostelworld. But it's quite far from the center, you have to take a taxi or a bus to get to the center (more like 20 min walking). It's quite dirty : the blankets we had were filled of dust, and we even found a cockroach in the room... And the shower didn't work for a while in the morning. So I would not recommend this place at all.