Hostel Faubourg Montmartre Reviews

No. 32 rue Pertinax, 4th Floor, Nice, France

Poor wifi, staff doesn't speak english, its messy

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Ukraine

The worst hostel ever!! The experience starts when you go to the hostel reception, which is not a reception but a restaurant full of cockroach. The check in took an eternity and the pink lady was rude and tried to make me feel bad about checking in during the rush at her restaurant (lol). The dork is small and it looks like a studio in an appartment bloc packed with too many beds. Everything is dirty. Next time, I would prefer a lot to sleep on the street...

I was really shoked how awful were the facilities. Everything was dirty and very bad looked after. The rooms were very smal with too many people and the kithchen and bathroom where very very durty, and there are bed-bugs in all beds. Also it was very noisy at night. I definitely do not recomend this hostel. The experience was very bad for me and my trip partener.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Spain

I was automatically booked by the owner to another hotel (HOTEL DARCY) as there were no free rooms left. The price difference was taken by the owner of Faubourg. The other hostel was near but not clean at all (especially bathroom) and I would not stay there again. Also from outside hostel Faubourg Montmartre seems to be the same.

This was the first hostel that we stayed in and it was an experience. Believe me my friend and I are very, very laid back in the way that we live when we are travelling. Just be aware that they try and squeeze more people in than the room will fit even so there are mattresses on the floor. No. English speaking staff and the bathroom, tiny and grotty. It was a good crack but you can find much better hostels as we did .

• 2nd Aug 2013

The hostel was very dirty! The smell was terrible! The door hasn`t key, so was very afraid at the night

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Argentina

Most discussing hostel I have ever seen. The entire place had a terrible smell to it. Almost like sewage and cigarette smoke mixed together. The bathroom in the dorm was literally crumbling apart. I didn't take a shower the entire time I was there because you could see water backed up in the drain. (That is Probably where the smell of sewage was coming from)

• 27th Jul 2013

so we booked a mixed 9 bed dorm for 2 but ended up sharing a 4 bed room with a very creepy guy... not impressed. the staff knew no english but the hostel was in a excellent location 2 mins walk from all important stuff!!

Appalling. We arrived, handed over our money and were taken for a five minute walk down the road, where us and the money were handed over to a completely different hostel called hostel Harold. No wifi. No lift. No one spoke any English. Toilets were disgusting. Very dodgy area of town. Windows didn't shut, very noisy street night. Uncomfortable bed. No lockers or on the door security. No loo roll. Everything was broken. They wouldn't give us a map. Not sure hostel fauborg Montmartre even exists.

the owner isnt very polite but the staff is really helpfull

I can t really right a place I didn't stay in, although they found me other accommodation and paid he different still isn't acceptable to over book

The Pink Lady is crazy. The place was very dirty and very cramped. The elevator that we had to use could have been the end of us. If you need a bed for 6 hours if sleep than ok. But not a good place for an extended stay. To atmosphere Bc the common room. No lockers. No nothing.

The reception was in what may have been a restaurant, but it looks like there has not been a meal had inside this place for a very long time, maybe due to the smell. The restaurant was filthy and the dog that was sitting on the chair looked like it had never seen a brush or a bath. There was clutter and rubbish all over the place and I was surprised that it was allowed to remain open in such poor condition. The bed looked unmade and may not have had the sheets changed since the last occupant.

Around 11p.m. they knocked in our door to say that the only bathroom available in the hostel was in our room, so every guest had to take a bath there. Also, a little later the asked for a couple to sleep in the same single bed 'cause they had miscalculated the number of beds and three girls arrived and had no place to sleep (we had just one bed available in the room). The couple slept in the same bed and they put another one in the room, so we couldn't walk around. And NOBODY speeks english!

• 22nd Jun 2013

If cheap accomidation is your main goal then this hostel is perfect for you. if you want sumwhere nice and friendly it is not for you

If your looking for a bed for a night this place is alright. No cooking facilities, no hot water in the shower, staff will wake you up at 8am every morning when they walk in the room to have a chat with eachother. Overall, very unpleasant stay, will not be returning.

• 20th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand

If you just want a bed to sleep in, this place is fine I suppose. It's kind of a sketchy place to stay, and the people staying were questionable as well. The "pink lady" seemed nice, but didn't speak a word in English. The bathroom was covered in hair, but at least the beds seemed relatively clean. WiFi cut out after about 20 minutes for me. Either way, I needed a place to crash for the night and left as early as possible the next morning.

The downsides to this hostel are, firstly, that there were cigarette burns on the duvet and secondly, there was only one key for the room, and it could not be left unlocked as the door would then open. So if you were to come in later than the others in your room you would have to wake them up by knocking on the door to let you in. This was a bit inconvenient.

This hostel is run so badly!! The two ladies that run it are very sweet but you need A LOT of patience as they only speak French and it literally took 3 hours to check us in! I was lucky because I know a small bit of French. The kitchen in the bedroom and the shower was completely unusable, we were washing ourselves in the sinks! Other than this the hostel is in a great location and Nice is a gorgeous city. A grand hostel if you're on a budget.

Arrived in the morning before check-in to leave my bag, and was asked to pay too. Upon returning to the hostel, I was informed that they were full and that I'd have to move to a different hotel (at a higher cost). The woman had completely forgotten that I'd paid that morning, but fortunately had written it down so I did get my money back. Practice your French! The two ladies babble away as if you speak the language fluently and it was rather hard to get my point across with my limited French!