Hostel Faust Reviews

Szewska 21, Krakow, Poland

Not sure how this property has such a high rating. There's absolutely zero security—anyone can enter the building, and since guests don't have individual keys for the rooms, the room is unlocked as long as someone is in there, plus there are no lockers or anything. Weird people who seemed to be living in the room, some who appeared to be children and one creep who made lewd passes and stared at us. Room layout was weird and beds were definitely too close to one another. Very little good to say.

it was really nice hostel. hostel located really near the main square. reception was nice person.i can stay there again.

Didn't feel comfortable leaving my suitcase just like that, lockers would be nice.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Poland

This hostel has a really great location but it is not the place to meet other travellers. The rooms were very clean and nice however it had a very strange smell in the room. This is a good place if you just need a cheap place to stay for, but other than that, you can find plenty of other hostels which have a much better atmosphere than here.

Nice an easy. Wouldn't recommend if you want to connect with other travelers, but if you are looking for a peaceful place, everything was good enough.

Very nice hostel in a brilliant location. A minute away from the main market square! Just hope for more considerate roommates than I had.

Was pretty disappointed after being told someone had already taken the room key to hustle up two flights of stairs with my backpack only to find the room locked and having to make the journey again. Location is good, pretty close to the square and a pub downstairs with a nice chilled vibe. Couldn't get wifi from the room. Coffee and tea facilities avail downstairs in the office but kitchens on every level. Lacking lockable storage in the rooms, with only one key I feel this is a let down.

Great location with friendly staff. I got in at 4 a.m. and there was a really nice receptionist that checked me in.

Close to the city centre. Ok.

Nice hostel in Cracow center. Just 1 minute from central sq. Very nice that there are apartments for 2 rooms with own kitchen and bathroom (with shower cubicle). But we have some problem with cooking, as there aren't any stuff for that (pots, pans, knives, even big plates for salad etc.) You have a stove at your kitchen but can't cook anything. Just can keep your products in the frige. We had 4 cups for 12 pers. And other point - there aren't any hair dryer in all hostel. Be ready for that.

not far away from the square market, got a bar on the ground floor, which is quite annoying for me since I stayed on the first floor. however, rooms are tidy, clean and the shared bathroom is proper too! We can use internet and cook there!

Helpful & friendly staff. Clean room and perfectly suited near the main square.

This hostel is in the perfect location, but this is unfortunately the best thing i can say about this hostel. There where no lockers, they didn't show me the way in the hostel the staff spoke very bad english, and twice i had to take a cold shower.

No breakfast, no character, only one of about 6 staff I dealt with were helpful, let alone friendly. Kinda difficult to find too, no obvious signs.. but once located, is in a pretty good, albeit busy spot, not too far from the main train station. Good WiFi in the common room tho, and the beds were comfortable, with towels included. Very limited hot water in the mornings.. shower at night!!

worst moment was when manager banged on my door at 11 15pm to tell me i had not paid my bill.on hearing he was wrong he did not even offer an apolagy i was not impressed..i compllained to reception next morning and they said they were sorry but as you know "sorry" wont bring back customers...i wont be back to hostel FAUST

Great location, centre of Krakow, just off Rynek Glowny square. Dodgy alleyway leading up to the hostel though, so be careful. Not the most exciting of hostels, although to be fair it was very quiet when we visited. However, it was affordable and quite clean so I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

High quality hostel, close to the town centre. Very clean. Only downside: No lockers in the rooms, hence you can't lock away your belongings especially if you are in a 5 or 6 dorm.

I was disappointed that I booked 2 twin rooms and instead the four of us were put in one room but otherwise nice hostel in a very convenient location.

A wonderful hostel in a wonderful city. 5/5

The hostel was quiet, there was not lot of people around, the staff where fine, the only problem i had was there was no hot water or heating on the first night and then it finally came on about 3 in the morning, i had my own room in a five bed dorm, the beds where great, no bunks. everything was very close and in all it was alright. 7 out of 10