Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

Hostel Franz Ferdinand is a pleasant place to stay. Very friendly staff and boss. Rooms are clean and it is located in the center of old town (Ferhadija and Bascarsija).

One of my favourite hostels in Europe. It has modern furnishings, coupled with an Archduke theme throughout-which gives it a warming vibe and charming sense of location. The rooms and beds are comfortable, and the lounge, kitchen and facilities are great. Excellent value for money. In an easily accessible part of the city.

Situated in the heart of town and with super-friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is exceptionally clean and even the ensuite, private rooms are excellent value.

..great hostel in the middle of the down town Sarajevo. Great and helpful staff with nice free walking tour. Hostel is new and clean, with good continental breakfast.... ...great value for the money:)

Good location,friendly staff and clean room.

Great, sparkeling, brand-new hostel with a great theme and beautiful design!! Unfortunatly, due to long tiled hallways and a common-room as well as computers right in front of rooms a bit lound when full. The hostel is missing an outdoor area but other than that it' s perfect and great value!

One of the best hostel I have stayed in Europe. Very clean, comfortable beds, nice breakfast, nice common room.

Really great hostel! The location is perfect, it's so clean and beautifully decorated. Great common room, bathrooms and breakfast. The best part is the staff, so kind, helpful and friendly. Enes, the tour guide, is absolutely amazing! Loved everything about this hostel:)

This hostel is great! It's definitely got more of a hotel feel but then hanging out in the common area brings out the hostel socialising that I wanted. They provide eggs with the regular breakfast which I found really nice to cook however I wanted. The bathrooms are very nice with a great shower. The best thing about the hostel is the location, bang in the centre of the city.

The Franz_Ferdinand Theme is pretty unique and its implemented well. Folks are top helpful and we enjoyed staying there. Recommend.

• 21st Feb 2014

Really nice place in the nice city

Best hostel and best location! Less than 100 metres from main pedestrian street. It is very clean, and beautifully decorated.The kitchen has everything you can possibly need to cook,and breakfast is great: milk, cereales, eggs, coffee, tea, good bread with jam, cheese, butter.. very complete! Internet in computers next to each bedroom, and wifi works very well.Bedrooms are cozy and lockers spacious.Personal always smily and helpful, they will make you laugh and you ll want to come back for sure!

I first booked 4 nights at Franz Ferdinand hostel to see how it looked like, but only after a few hours, I knew I was gonna spend all of my 2 weeks there! The staff was so friendly and helpful (then even helped me to improve my Bosnian skills :) ), and the people I met there were from all around and just awesome! I recommend this excellent hostel for anybody wanting to have a genuine and fun experience in Sarajevo. Thank you guys again, i vidimo se uskoro!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

The hostel is new, modern and very clean. the staff are helpful and friendly with things to do and where to go.The rooms have large lockers and comfortable beds with reading lights.It is all so very easy to find from the main bus and train stations.Would recommend this hostel to any one who is planning on staying is Sarajevo for a couple of days. The hostel is definitely worth the money.

We stayed 2 nights at Franz Ferdinand hostel..and it was excellent! Hostel is 2 min (max) from old town (Baščaršija) and staff is great..they are all very communicative, cheerful and always ready to help. Rooms are clean, new, interesting and warm. If I ever come back to Sarajevo, I will definitely stay in Franz Ferdinand hostel.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Croatia

The hostel is fantastic, it is unique ... I do travel a lot and it became one of my favorite hosatel ever, has the high quality as the best hostel in Berlin, but with a cosy and friendly atmosphere... and it gaves you are change to experince Sarajevo in a way that you can not experience in other place... it was not just a great place to stay, but is change me and teach me so much about history and Sarajevo... and the staff, oh God, you can not ask for better one. I will be back for sure

Brand new hostel in Sarajevo with the most amazing facilities I have seen. High level of cleanliness....free food for breakfast....very nice locals who work there. Good luck guys.

• 5th Nov 2013