9.3
Superb 486 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 486 Total Reviews
Hostel Franz Ferdinand Located at Jelica 4, , Sarajevo.
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Sarajevo 71000 Jelica 4
93% 486
43.8595964 18.4262073
    Rooms available

• Latvia, Female, 25-30
22nd May 2016

I liked the design. Location is great. The common room/kitchen very nice, comfortable, but I couldn't figure out how the water boiler works. I new about the water saving taps and showers, but in reality it was quite tricky, also, the water was cold (refreshing, yes, but also a bit shocking). Bed was super comfortable, but a small shelf next to each bed would be nice. Other than that - great stay. Also, I liked that after check-out you can still use the hostel services.

• ericnathanyu6626
  • Switzerland, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
18th May 2016

Great hostel with very nice location near the old, Ottoman part of town. Wish there were keys to the room though and the push-button shower makes your shower a little frantic, but I understand the water conservation concern. Other than that, I had a great time.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
17th May 2016

Brilliant lady on during the day, she was great at sorting all the things out that I needed. The hostel is very cool and well designed, beds are a bit creeky but otherwise comfy.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
16th May 2016

Great location and the facilities are good. However didnt have the best experience with one particular staff who seems uninterested in providing information.

14th May 2016

Great location, fabulous staff, super comfy beds, cool common area and free breakfast as a bonus. WiFi was a bit weak in the dorm, but okay. Kitchen was clean and well equipped. If you stay there, make sure you sign up for the "Sarajevo under the Siege" tour! I'd definitely recommend both the tour and the hostel! Thanks for a great time in Sarajevo, I'll be back!

10th May 2016

Very small room for 6 people. Very hot at night. Showers with 15 seconds every time you press the bottom.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review :) We are sorry for your inconvenience, room has AC and we should tell you to turn it on, we are sorry for this. Our showers are designed to give you right amount of water and not to overspend it, we don't see why is it a problem to press the button every 20 seconds :) Thank you

8th May 2016

Staff helpful and friendly. Really enjoyed the free city tour. I can't remember the woman's name, but she was fabulous.

8th May 2016

The staff is really nice and very helpful. They are always open to find a solution for you with a big smile. The rooms are a bit small but I guess it is normal for the city. The location could not bet better since it is in the center of the old Sarajevo. Bedrooms and common rooms are very clean. I had a wonderful stay in this hostel !

30th Apr 2016
2.6

WARNING: Solo travelers, DO NOT stay here. This hostel has a propensity for taking in giant groups. I've spoken to other backpackers who have stayed here and they also had large groups present during their stay. The atmosphere was awful and impossible to meet people because there were only 6 beds that were not taken by this large group. Staff were too preoccupied with them to help out. I switched hostels after 2 nights. Push button Showers smelled like mildew, common area was uncomfortable.

Dear guest, first of all, thank you for your review. Now let's explain some of the things you wrote. We can never agree with the things you said. Can you please look at our rating, can you look at our rating on every other booking engine, it cannot all be fake, right? We work more than two years and we keep 9.5 rating on HW, that's not coincidence. If it happens that we have a group during your stay, tell me what happened with other people in your room, that's five other guests. Plenty of people to share you stories with and to hang out. What's the problem with talking with people from the group, some of them must be chatty. We never hide the fact that we have groups in our hostel, but to say that we only have groups and you cannot socialize with others, honestly we find it insulting. Like we said, look at our rating over more than two years of work. Then, let's say atmosphere was bad, can you please tell me then why did you give bad score on location?? There couldn't be absolutely better location than ours, and you have to be objective, it's right in the middle of the city center. What about cleanliness and our staff, our top things that everybody respects? We appreciate every single review from our guests, some who have made great points and also those who don't, but to say these things you just said, we can never agree with this, simply because it's not true. Thank you again for your review and visit us again to show you real side of the hostel :) Thanks

26th Apr 2016

This place is great, the only problem is the limited number of showers and bathrooms.

Dear guest, We highly appreciate your comment, we will try our best to make more showers available in the future. We honestly never had this complaint before. Thank you again. FF Team