Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

One of the few hostels across Europe that have history inside. In addition to its great location, hygienic environment and high security , Hostel Franz Ferdinand really deserves the word "boutique" by being dedicated to the death of Franz Ferdinand with photos and milestones of the World War I everywhere. Final few words for city itself: Loved your burek, cevapi, coffee and deeply impressed by Srebrenica Exhibition !

Loved this place! Fun staff and awesome facilities! Great location, right in the middle of the main square where all the pubs and cafes are. Rooms are fantastic, very comfortable beds. Common areas are great, with properly equipped kitchens. Wifi works well throughout the entire building. Well laid out bathrooms, with plenty of showers & hot water. Great wall art too, with fascinating stories and random facts about the war and dates of events..

A new, really clean and wonderful hostel.

Great hostel. Such a good team working there, they were very polite and helpful. It is in the centre of Sarajevo, very unique and clean. I even had a breakfast included in the price. Good showers for a hostel, clean wc and nice soft linen. They made me coffee free and offer free shot of domestic 20 years old rakia. So nice people and place.

• 30th Jul 2014

Cool hostel with a great location. The staff was helpful, but I didn't get a single smile from the staff...anyway, I would still recommend to stay at this hostel, it's good value for your money

A beautiful hostel in the centre of town with good links to the rest of the city.The theme and interior decor of this hostel is fantastic. The rooms are great and each have a World War One related theme which makes your stay even more special. The Bathroom in the double room is superb and the showers are great! My one issue was when we were checking out and the receptionist was quite rude and confrontational in insisting we hadn't paid for our tour the previous day Other than this, a great stay

Best hostel ever! Loved the design, it was clean all the time, room and bed were comfortable, wi-fi worked great and they also have a breakfast. For this price more than enough!

• 29th Jul 2014

Family with 2 teenagers in a 4 bunk room with bathroom- great location & great breakfast! ( sorry -over 50 & under 18! but backpacking) Stimulating decor /theme Good kitchenette. Designer bunks comfortable to sleep in but risk losing stuff over end of bed & really difficult to retrieve -just be careful! Not much floorspace in bedroom but absolutely fine if you are a family or friends - can lounge in the common room /kitchen

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We had a great stay at the Franz Ferdinand. One of the best hostels I have ever been in.

Very nice and classy hostel. Value for money!!!!

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The theme was great, the beds were super comfortable and the bathrooms were spacious and very clean. The hostel staff was AMAZING, friendly and were very accommodating, checking us in at 4 am and letting us hang around after checkout until our late bus. We extended our stay because we loved it so much. Best hostel in Sarajevo!

One of the best hostiles I have ever stayed in. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. Also the showers had actual water pressure! The staff was very nice and helpful. Sarajevo is not really a party city, but a very historical one, which Franz Ferdinand definitely informs you of the history

We had a great stay in Sarajevo! The hostel is in the prime location...close to shops, restaurants and the bazaar. My only complaint would be that the dorm rooms were very tight for 4 people...there was definitely some shifting around so that people could walk by eachother and get ready in the mornings and for bed in the evenings. The hostel is very clean! I would suggest booking both the walking tour of the city and the Under the Seige tour. Both were excellent!

Such an incredible experience! The location of this hostel is perfect. A minute walking distance to everything you need. Plenty of services, clean bathrooms, not noisy, the staff are loads of help, breakfast is enough to keep you happy from morning till some perfect bosnian dinner everywhere around! Wish i could stay some more!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Best stay so far! I wish there are more places like this one all around. One of the loveliest hostel I have seen and visited. Keep up like that, guys! Sweet!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

The people at Franz Ferdinand hostel are lovely ! They are ready to help you anytime, and very friendly ! Everything is clean. We liked our stay there, and especially the free food party on Saturday night.

Fantastic place. Very clean and cosy. Nice showers and big comfortable beds. Staff so helpful, always there for you. Breakfast is included and it is very nice. I used to be in hostels where I had to pay for much less food. Everything is for free once you are inside. They even pick dirty linens in dormitory. By this price this is fantastic.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great location, very hip boutique hotel, had a great stay and a great sleep.

Best hostel in the Balkans! Super inexpensive and so nice. Clean, staff was great and helpful. Had a great time in Sarajevo- no complaints at all

This is one of the best hostel I've ever been in my life.I am not type of person that always leaves reviews but for this hostel I need to tell every body about it.Great value for money and really nice rooms.Comfortable beds,helpful and friendly staff,everything is so clean,breakfast is included in price and it is usually continental breakfast which is more than enough.They got answers for any of my questions but believe me I had it a lot.If you need tour around city they will arrange it for you

• 14th Jul 2014