Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

Stayed in Sophie Chotek room - bright room but with NO air conditioning in bedroom only a fan provided. Hostel and bedroom nicely themed with the history of Franz Ferdinand decorated throughout. Breakfast provided with good kitchen area. Excellent location helpful staff clean accommodation. A special thanks to Sedad in assisting with the WIFI and providing information on areas of interest to visit.

The staff were really who sells this place. Very friendly and willing to help. The only thing this hostel really lacked was a good common area to mingle with other travellers.

Good location near old town just off the main shopping strip. Rooms were nice and new and free breakfast was good

The facilities of the hostel are really excellent (and I am comparing with more than one hundred of hostels I have stayed in), the location unbeatable in Sarajevo, but the hostel is really lacking a hostel travellers' soul: common areas are barely used, the staff is really nice, but is not putting any effort to promote the tours, pubcrawls etc (while I was there most of them were cancelled, even during the weekend)

Modern hostel in the middle of all points of interest, with comfy beds, in large, light rooms. Friendly staff that arranges walking tours, bar crawls and historical trips. I recommend to at least taking the walking trip, since the guide actually has real-life-experience from many of the incident that occurred in Sarajevo. To summarize I will definitely choose this hostel again if I`m in Sarajevo another time.

Brilliant hostel, loved the interior, excellent staff.

Lovely hostel, very friendly staff , great prices, Amina does a great walking tour and pub crawl also :)

This is far and away the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in; its just 50m from the main pedestrian areaand the beds are among the most comfortable ive slept in. Great value for money!

Truly wonderful team who made us feel extremely welcome and the whole time in the hostel was a very personal service, from the ordering of local taxis right through to coming back one day to find a card/gift in our room as we were celebrating a 30th birthday whilst we were there. Particular mention has to go to the Head of Reception who was responsible for most of this!

Franz Ferdinand has to be one of the best hostels we've stayed in. All facilities are impeccably clean and the hostel is extremely well proportioned. It's location, just a two minute walk from the old bazzar district is a real added bonus. The tours offered by Franz Ferdinand are brilliant. Staff are extremely friendly and go above and beyond their call of duty to ensure that your questions about Sarajevo are answered!

Nice small hostel, excellent location

It was a nice and clean hostel just next to all the bars which are fully crowded in the evening. the hosts were very friendly and knew a lot about sarajeva. it was a perfect stay. thank you

Our room was comfortable but noisy. Great location but the hostel is not the best. The common areas are small and not very welcoming and breakfast is just okay. I would have given a better review if they hadn't forgotten to pick us up at the airport...Of course the girl at reception didn't apologize about this and was that close to charge us for the pick up because we only waited the driver for half an hour. Don't book an airport pick up with them it's really cheaper by taxi. Same for the tours!

The ensuite bathroom in the dorm was the best. Great location, tours are a bit expensive though.

Best hostel ever. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Its incredibly clean and staff is so nice and polite. I highly recommend this hostel to everybody.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Amazing for the price, staff were lovely and the walking tour guide was so great. Location was really central, it was one of our favourite places that we've stayed in. Free breakfast also a great bonus.

Everything about this hostel was spot on. Super tidy and clean, and the facilities 100%. The under the siege tour taken by Enis is very informative and well done. Anema the pub crawl host is superb and extra hospitable. I will definitely be back. Thanks FF.

It is a nice hostel, very clean, very central and the staff is helpful. Breakfast is very nice with eggs and granola.

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Sarajevo-the staff were excellent (particularly the lady who worked in the day and couldn't do enough to advise us where to visit!), the beds were large and comfortable and the hostel was really clean! Continental breakfast was provided the next morning and the location was perfect, would highly recommend!

• 17th Jul 2015

Really really recommended! increidible staff members! the hostel was always clean and it is really new. Also, they have a good wifi connection!