Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

Family with 2 teenagers in a 4 bunk room with bathroom- great location & great breakfast! ( sorry -over 50 & under 18! but backpacking) Stimulating decor /theme Good kitchenette. Designer bunks comfortable to sleep in but risk losing stuff over end of bed & really difficult to retrieve -just be careful! Not much floorspace in bedroom but absolutely fine if you are a family or friends - can lounge in the common room /kitchen

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We had a great stay at the Franz Ferdinand. One of the best hostels I have ever been in.

Very nice and classy hostel. Value for money!!!!

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The theme was great, the beds were super comfortable and the bathrooms were spacious and very clean. The hostel staff was AMAZING, friendly and were very accommodating, checking us in at 4 am and letting us hang around after checkout until our late bus. We extended our stay because we loved it so much. Best hostel in Sarajevo!

One of the best hostiles I have ever stayed in. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. Also the showers had actual water pressure! The staff was very nice and helpful. Sarajevo is not really a party city, but a very historical one, which Franz Ferdinand definitely informs you of the history

We had a great stay in Sarajevo! The hostel is in the prime location...close to shops, restaurants and the bazaar. My only complaint would be that the dorm rooms were very tight for 4 people...there was definitely some shifting around so that people could walk by eachother and get ready in the mornings and for bed in the evenings. The hostel is very clean! I would suggest booking both the walking tour of the city and the Under the Seige tour. Both were excellent!

Such an incredible experience! The location of this hostel is perfect. A minute walking distance to everything you need. Plenty of services, clean bathrooms, not noisy, the staff are loads of help, breakfast is enough to keep you happy from morning till some perfect bosnian dinner everywhere around! Wish i could stay some more!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Best stay so far! I wish there are more places like this one all around. One of the loveliest hostel I have seen and visited. Keep up like that, guys! Sweet!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

The people at Franz Ferdinand hostel are lovely ! They are ready to help you anytime, and very friendly ! Everything is clean. We liked our stay there, and especially the free food party on Saturday night.

Fantastic place. Very clean and cosy. Nice showers and big comfortable beds. Staff so helpful, always there for you. Breakfast is included and it is very nice. I used to be in hostels where I had to pay for much less food. Everything is for free once you are inside. They even pick dirty linens in dormitory. By this price this is fantastic.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great location, very hip boutique hotel, had a great stay and a great sleep.

Best hostel in the Balkans! Super inexpensive and so nice. Clean, staff was great and helpful. Had a great time in Sarajevo- no complaints at all

This is one of the best hostel I've ever been in my life.I am not type of person that always leaves reviews but for this hostel I need to tell every body about it.Great value for money and really nice rooms.Comfortable beds,helpful and friendly staff,everything is so clean,breakfast is included in price and it is usually continental breakfast which is more than enough.They got answers for any of my questions but believe me I had it a lot.If you need tour around city they will arrange it for you

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Everything about this place is great. Security is excellent: you need to be buzzed in, and lockers are huge. The location can't get any better. I loved my time here and wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

One of the best. The best in the region I traveled through a lot. I change several hostels in Sarajevo than found this one and it is something totally else, it is a boutique, it is a place that create atmosphere and take a good care of their guests. . Location is more than perfect and once you go in it is a history. It tells fantastic story. Rooms are clean with large beds and super clean linen. All guy working there 5 star. I would advise to take their tours in the city and out as well.

• 11th Jul 2014

Very nice, very clean and great location. A good option to have some privacy even in dorms.

Perfect place situated in the heart of Sarajevo. Staff made my stay so special. I have never seen such a clean hostel, so nice designed and people putting so much effort to stisfie their guests. Unlike many other hostels everything is for free, linen and towels hotel standard. Reception is available 24 / 7. Honestly sometimes they are too nice to some guests.

• 11th Jul 2014

Loved this hostel, it was my favourite of the trip. Shout out to the receptionist who woke up at 3am to take us to the airport so we didn't have to get a cab - was much appreciated! Really homely, albeit the room we stayed in was quite small - got cabin fever after a while!

Great hostel! Modern beds and great showers. WIFI everywhere.

we only stayed for a night, as we didn`t have more time for sarajevo. the hostel was very nice, clean and the staff was very friendly. when we arrived there were even 5 people welcoming us. It was a bit confusing who we should talk to, because everybody gave us answers, questions and directions - maybe a bit too much. But thats just a little thing, so all good!thx