Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

The staff are what makes this hostel AMAZING!!! SEDAD is a LEGEND! I will definitely be back to visit! I LOVED Sarajevo I can't get enough of telling everyone they must VISIT! Even the owners of the Hostel are amazing! I wasn't well one of the days and they made me feel like I was at home, checking on me and looking after me. The hostel is in a perfect location and is so clean and new! You must stay here!!! Love, love, love, loved it!!!

definatly a nice new hostel, good breakfast and easy to organise day trips from here, rooms are really small!

Very nice hostel. I like people working there. Location is the best and it is very clean.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Firstly, this is a nice, clean, cool hostel. However, when we arrived, they'd lost our reservation. They wanted rid of us asap and we had to press them hard to find a solution. The solution involved us changing rooms three times in the four nights we slept there. The staff were nice to us but one day the 'manager' was on duty and made us check out at 11 and only let us in a room at two. She gave us the explanation that "this happens" which left us with a bitter taste about our choice of hostel.

Definetly one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The best possible location, close to old town, to museums, bars and restaurants. Everything in walking distance. Very clean rooms, bathrooms and common area. There is a free breakfast, all you can eat. Amazing! Staff was very nice and friendly. Especially Sedad, Nirela and Amila, always there to help you with big smile on face.

Really good hostel. Great value for money. It is situated in the centre. Very kind and smart staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. Free breakfast is pretty good for hostels. They also make free dinners, rakia nights, etc.

• 5th Aug 2014

I would easily recommend Franz Ferdinand hostel. Clean, very well located, nice staff and all the facilities you need.

Excellent place, very welcoming staff. Good stay, good city, and good sleep in their comfortamble beds. Breakfast is included and there are amazing tours. Bravo!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

A nice clean and modern hostel in an excellent location? The main issue was the common areas all seemed to be too small. It always felt time we were pushing past people to get anywhere, especially in the reception. Our double private room was also very small. The hostel offer a "siege of Sarajevo" tour , it may be a bit expensive, but it's very worthwhile.

The hostel is great but there needs to be more sinks really

• 2nd Aug 2014

One of the few hostels across Europe that have history inside. In addition to its great location, hygienic environment and high security , Hostel Franz Ferdinand really deserves the word "boutique" by being dedicated to the death of Franz Ferdinand with photos and milestones of the World War I everywhere. Final few words for city itself: Loved your burek, cevapi, coffee and deeply impressed by Srebrenica Exhibition !

Loved this place! Fun staff and awesome facilities! Great location, right in the middle of the main square where all the pubs and cafes are. Rooms are fantastic, very comfortable beds. Common areas are great, with properly equipped kitchens. Wifi works well throughout the entire building. Well laid out bathrooms, with plenty of showers & hot water. Great wall art too, with fascinating stories and random facts about the war and dates of events..

A new, really clean and wonderful hostel.

Great hostel. Such a good team working there, they were very polite and helpful. It is in the centre of Sarajevo, very unique and clean. I even had a breakfast included in the price. Good showers for a hostel, clean wc and nice soft linen. They made me coffee free and offer free shot of domestic 20 years old rakia. So nice people and place.

• 30th Jul 2014

Cool hostel with a great location. The staff was helpful, but I didn't get a single smile from the staff...anyway, I would still recommend to stay at this hostel, it's good value for your money

A beautiful hostel in the centre of town with good links to the rest of the city.The theme and interior decor of this hostel is fantastic. The rooms are great and each have a World War One related theme which makes your stay even more special. The Bathroom in the double room is superb and the showers are great! My one issue was when we were checking out and the receptionist was quite rude and confrontational in insisting we hadn't paid for our tour the previous day Other than this, a great stay

Best hostel ever! Loved the design, it was clean all the time, room and bed were comfortable, wi-fi worked great and they also have a breakfast. For this price more than enough!

• 29th Jul 2014

Family with 2 teenagers in a 4 bunk room with bathroom- great location & great breakfast! ( sorry -over 50 & under 18! but backpacking) Stimulating decor /theme Good kitchenette. Designer bunks comfortable to sleep in but risk losing stuff over end of bed & really difficult to retrieve -just be careful! Not much floorspace in bedroom but absolutely fine if you are a family or friends - can lounge in the common room /kitchen

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We had a great stay at the Franz Ferdinand. One of the best hostels I have ever been in.

Very nice and classy hostel. Value for money!!!!