Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

Fantastic stay, great clean hostel thank you. Cool design!

GREAT hostel! Wifi was amazing, the entire place is super modern, beds afford privacy, lockers are big enough for big backpacks, location is perfect, and staff are all super cool. I would take a different Sarajevo Under Siege tour next time since I spoke to some friends in other hostels and they got to see more sites (especially the old Olympic village, which would have been really cool to see). But the hostel is excellent and breakfast includes eggs you can cook how you like and muesli :)

Extremely secure, 15 second walk to the main pedestrian area, close to everything! Staff gave us as much free watermelon as we could eat, as well as a Bosnian food for dinner one night (I was stuffed!), AND free Rakija on our way out! Such a cool hostel, great atmosphere with very cool murals. Very clean, full kitchen and lounge. If you're looking for a hostel in Sarajevo, don't bother comparing. FF is the best of the best. 8 bed dorm was cramped in the back, spring for the 6 bed if you can.

A huge amount of time, thought and effort has gone into designing the hostel and I wish I could have stayed longer. Great location and very secure. staff are incredibly helpful and clearly take pride in working their and being hosts.

I highly recommend Franz Ferdinand! So clean, great staff, common area for meeting people, and the most comfy hostel beds I've ever stayed in! My only complaint was that my 6 person room seemed like it was built for a 2 or 4 bed. It was very cramped, and only 1 bed had a reading light. They also need more than 1 sink! Otherwise, stay awesome guys :)

Really helpful and knowledgeable staff! also seriously comfy beds and very clean. Free breakfast was a plus! Only the room was a bit cramped.. not the end of the world since I didn't spend much time at the hostel, but worth noting.

The location of this place is perfect. Very short walking distance to the site of Ferdinand's assassination. The lockers are large and the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast was great, and the free walking tour was really interesting. Would help to add privacy curtains to the beds. Only small annoyance was having to buzz every time to get into the hostel (you don't get a key to the front door or your room), and sometimes the staff didn't answer for a bit. Other than that, it's great!

Dear, Thank you very much for your specific and detailed review. Our location is definitely one of our best features.Thank you for your tip about the dors and buzzing the front door. We will definitely look into it and upgrade it if necessary. Thank you one more time. FFH Team Sedad

Clean, new and comfortable. It is located right in the middle of the town centre so it was very convenient to eat or hang around. Toilets and showers are clean. The breakfast included eggs, bread, milk, tea, coffee, which were all good. The common room wasn't very large but the atmosphere was good. Staff were helpful but sometimes quite cool. The bedroom I stayed was very crowded though.

Dear Chun, Thank you for your lovely and specific review. We are glad you liked most of our features, working at a reception can be overwhelming sometimes, but we can assure you they will always help you with everything. Regards FFH Team

Great hostel! Very clean, well located and helpful staff! Highly recommended! :)

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review. We highly appreciate it. Regards FFH Team

Great location, very clean and comfortable. The staff isn't very friendly but they will do their best to help you.

Dear Tyler, Thank you and we are sorry to hear about your experience with the staff, if you could only be more specific, our staff always provide their best. Thank you FFH Team

this hostel was so good. One of the best from all i've seen. it was so clean and cozy and so well located. I also met some other travellers there and we went parrying together. It is a great place to stay in sarajevo.

Dear Maria, Thank you very much for your nice words, we will continue to give our best. FFH Team

Perfectly located near the cathedral. Staff were great, and eggs for breakfast was just perfect. The beds are also incredibly comfy, you sometimes don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning. We got great advice on where to eat, tours, things to do and where to go. Will definitely stay again and met some awesome people there.

Dear Richard, Thank you very much our dear friend, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay and let's hope to see you again. Regards FFH Team

Sarajevo is an amazing place, and this hostel is a great place to stay while visiting. In the city center, staff is very helpful, and kitchen area provides a nice common room for meeting people. Not a party hostel, but easy to meet people to go out with here. The staff also make it easy to organize tours and trips.

Dear Matthew, Thank you very much for your review. We will absolutely provide everything in the future to sustain current level and raise it more even. Thank you very much. FFH Team

Just awesome

Dear Ammar, Thank you very much :) FFH Team

Would definitely stay here again, but the place was certainly not the cleanest, and there was no real bar/hangout area so it was hard to meet other people in the hostel. The rooms are small but the beds are really nice, and free breakfast is a nice little plus. You can't beat the location at all, it's perfect. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Dear Mitchell, First of all thank you for your nice review. We are really sorry if you didn't felt hostel is clean, we hired extra help during the season so we can cover and double check everything. We certainly have our lounge/bar in the bottom floor where almost all our guests are hanging out and talking to other guests. Location and staff are our most important feature. thank you one more time. FFH Team

This place was fantastic. The lockers were huge, the beds comfortable, and the location perfect. I never had to wait for a toilet or shower. Breakfast was nice.

Dear Aimee, Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed everything. FFH Team

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The common area is great, cool atmosphere. I met a lot of nice people. The rooms are good and the bathrooms were always clean. Best location you can get. All the staff is super friendly and helpful. Strongly recommended!

Dear Pedro, Thank you very much for your great words. We are really glad you enjoyed everything and you had great time. FFH Team

Excellent location right in the old town. The rooms were cozy with lockers and individual reading lamps and individual power outlets as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a really cool place and I will be coming back when I travel to Sarajevo next summer! My only regret was that I only spent one night in Sarajevo. The city is wonderful and Franz Ferdinand hostel contributed to an overall excellent visit!

Dear Jacob, Thank you very much, and can't wait to see you again next summer. We are glad you enjoyed everything and also Sarajevo. Thank you one more time. FFH Team

location, lovely staff

Dear Michelle, Thank you very much, our staff will always be friendly and helpful. Thank you one more time. FFH team

Very helpful staff, room all new and clean, great central location. .

Dear Kirsten, Thank you very much for your review. Location is top notch and when you mix it with other features, then you get Franz Ferdinand Hostel :) Thank you one more time. FFH Team