Hostel Franz Ferdinand Reviews

Perfect place situated in the heart of Sarajevo. Staff made my stay so special. I have never seen such a clean hostel, so nice designed and people putting so much effort to stisfie their guests. Unlike many other hostels everything is for free, linen and towels hotel standard. Reception is available 24 / 7. Honestly sometimes they are too nice to some guests.

• 11th Jul 2014

Loved this hostel, it was my favourite of the trip. Shout out to the receptionist who woke up at 3am to take us to the airport so we didn't have to get a cab - was much appreciated! Really homely, albeit the room we stayed in was quite small - got cabin fever after a while!

Great hostel! Modern beds and great showers. WIFI everywhere.

we only stayed for a night, as we didn`t have more time for sarajevo. the hostel was very nice, clean and the staff was very friendly. when we arrived there were even 5 people welcoming us. It was a bit confusing who we should talk to, because everybody gave us answers, questions and directions - maybe a bit too much. But thats just a little thing, so all good!thx

The best hostel ever. It so cool place, clean and best located. They do fantastic tours to Mostar and Under the siege. Staff was so helpful and nice. They even make free dinners for all guests which I really enjoyed.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

The best experience I've had in staying hostels, staffs are geniune and helpful, especially Maja! =) Franz Ferdinand also provide an excellent environment for guests to hang around and social. Highly recommend to those who would like to spend some days in Sarajevo!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great place!

Very friendly staff, situated right in the center of the old town.

wonderful new house. really creative and fun interiour. all about 1914. the staff was helpful and welcomjng. our floor was clean. we stayed in a four bed doorm. it was small but with just enough space for everybody. beds were huge, and the bathroom was a nice one. breakfast was nothing big but ok.

This is a vrey good hostel. Staff is way nicer than you can expect. They are very helpful, always smiling. I asked so many questions and they never made me feel like I was asking too much. Beds are very comfortable, lockers are big enough, there is good wi-fi and location is perfect to get anywhere on foot. Perfect place to stay.

Everything was great! The only thing was that the rooms are a little bit small, but the extremely comfortable beds more than made up for it. Everyone was super nice and helpful too. Will definitely recommend.

one of the best hostels I have ever stayed

I have absolutely no bad words for this hostel, not even neutral comments. Everything about here was awesome. If you are in Sarajevo, here should definitely be the place you stay. One of the best i have seen around Europe :)

Great wifi in room. Nice kitchen. Locks on doors and lockers. Bunk beds are the cubby kind with your own outlet and light. Pretty much everything you'd want from a modern hostel.

I had a fantastic stay here, I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll stay here again no doubt.

• 9th Jun 2014

The staff has been extremely helpful and friendly. Explained everything, gave recommendations. The facilities are amazing, the bed and bed linens are the best. Breakfast included (eggs, bread, muesli, some fruits etc.) with endless coffee and tea during the day. Every Friday they have free dinner for guests. Enjoyed that one a lot! Showers and bathrooms are very beautiful and clean. The location is amazing - right in the Old Town. Loved it!

Good location, clean and good facilities. Hostel seemed very quiet and I ended up having a room to myself which was nice!

The 2 girls managing the reception made the biggest difference. They are helpful, courteous and went out of their way to ensure that our stay was comfortable.

This place is excellent! Prime location, clean and brand new facilities with everything you need-kitchen, wifi, computers, outlets, bed lamps, etc. What really makes this place is the staff. They were all super accommodating and helpful, from arranging tours and taxis, to picking out top notch restaurant recommendations. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone staying in Sarajevo. It's a must!

Brilliant hostel! The rooms are comfortable, spacious and nicely decorated. It is also the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are what really makes the place stand out as they are all extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Will return in future!

• 13th May 2014