Hostel Frat House Reviews

Gajeva 9a, Split, Croatia

A fine place to stay if you overlook the terrible mattresses and bugs running around... Also the hostel door is unlocked all night so keep your belongings locked up... New lockers in the room are very helpful though for keeping small valuables. Nice guys running the place

While I otherwise didn't have a bad stay, the last night a staff member came into my room drunk and repeatedly tried to let me let him into my bed. It was not aggressive but it was extremely inappropriate. I had not had contact with him in a manner prior to this that would warrant this behavior.

Terrible location

Don't go there! It's not safe, you cannot lock your room qnd the House is always open and none is there. They smoke inside. Only one toilet for all girls. Rooms were not vry clean. I do not recommend it!!

I was afraid after reading such a bad comments here, but as I was traveling without any plans I decided to go there, mostly because in general only bad reviews are written, silly travelers ;). This is a great hostel, helpful and friendly staff, good wifi signal, clean bathroom, good dorms. Although, we must be quiet after ~11pm, there is a play ground very close where you may stay with your friends. My only complain is about the time for check-in, I hope you may do that a little bit early

Staff are never around. Kitchen and bedrooms were pretty dirty.

cheapest hostel we could find and it was great. the staff were really good and it was clean. although the rooms didn't lock i didn't feel unsafe or like my stuff was unsafe. it's a pretty small hostel, great atmosphere.

Very good and very nice place to stay. I want to recommend Frat House to everyone, location is great and the guys in Frat House that work there are very friendly and funny.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Norway

I loved this place!! the staff are fantastic and I was soooo surprised they go such terrible reviews. Amazing for your money's worth. If you like to party then this is the cheapest and by far the best place to stay. I moved to another hostel while staying in split because I was unsure about it and regretted my decision 100%. Miki and Slavan are fantastic, we shared drinks and they told us the best places to go. Good vibes, great atmosphere for a lone traveler!

Really fun place but don't take your girlfriend.

I was there for 2 nights, it's a very small place narrow halls and only one bathroom for each gender for the whole hostel. No security at all the luggage storage is in the hallway no locks for the rooms, in my room there were no luggage lockers but they had small one so you could lock your passport and such, but in a room for 8 people there were only 6 of those. Bugs everywhere, small ants crawling on the walls and bedbugs!!! I will never stay there again..

this hostel was great fun, comfortable beds, you can do your own cooking, and the hosts are awesome guys who are always willing to help with any questions you have or favours you need. I highly recommend it.

• 10th Aug 2013

It is difficult to deal with all the s**t at hostel frat house , especially when there is no toilet seat . A few of the issues faced in the hostel, - If you are wanting anything other than a night in, expect to return with a bald man in your bed. - if you want to clean your teeth, there will be a Que as someone will be shaving there head in the sink. - if you would like a warm meal cooked on the hob , there is a chance it will be gone when you get there. But the wifi is very good

• 9th Aug 2013

The staff was very unprofessional. I didn't get any receipt of my payment, which was included some random tax. I also stayed in other hostel in Split and there was no additional tax. Even though I told the staff I was going to check-out early, there was no one there, so I just left the keys over the table. The toilets are clean, but it was quite a mess, with guys locking themselves for more then one hour on girls bathrooms, so they could have their private shower. They don't even have maps!!

Excellent place to stay in Split. Don't let the name fool you, it was a great place to stay for a night while I was in Split. Even after I had to check out, the staff allowed me to hang around the living room to use the wifi, chat with their friends, play video games, and drink a beer. The most welcoming and friendly staff I have ever met at a hostel. Also, the host's English was great. Looking forward to returning to Split and staying here again.

When I was looking at the previous rewiews, it wasn't looking that great, but it was the cheapest place available, so I went there and I was surpreised. I got nice room with clean sheets, my own locker and free wi-fi. The hostel, kitchen, living room and toilets were very clean. After, I got to know the staff and they are great. we had few drinks and talked about everything. they are very helpfull. I don't think I could have found a better place for my money.

• 8th Aug 2013

This hostel is really strange... The staff is sleeping on the couch all night long. The kitchen is very small and the bathroom is dirty (most of the time).

Would never ever recommend anyone to stay here. When I arrived at midday all the boys that work here all had there underwear on. They are not helpful at all and asked my boyfriend and I to stay in the same bed one night as they were overbooked. The girl that hangs around the hostel and is with the guys is so so rude and made many people feel uncomfortable and not welcome! Do not stay here!!! Absolutely terrible. Better off to stay at the beach if you are desperate.

The staff was drunk and partying the whole time, didn't feel too welcome or friendly of an atmosphere.

pretty average. Not that great of an atmosphere. Staff friendly but a bit unorganised. poor facilities

• 1st Aug 2013