Hostel Freedom Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Qadus, 9, Marrakech, Morocco

It is hard to find. Located in the center but it is down a small side alley and would be impossible to find alone at night time. Luckily, during the day there are many locals around willing to help you find it. The hostel is also called "kif kif", so say you are looking for "kif kif hostel".This is the only negative. This place is really special, the staff are very helpful and friendly and the atmosphere is very chill and fun. I highly recommend this place. Can book a great desert trip too!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice staff and well located to reach the big square Jemaa el Fna. It´s definitely worth the money!

This hostel was really nice to me and my friends. The staff is really helpfull and kind! Once you find the hostel you see its right in the middle of Medina (what is really close to everything) Love this place! This hostel is the same as KIFF KIFF! So if you need help to find, ask for KIFF KIFF.

I can only thank this hostel for all the help they've given us. They indicated an excellent 2-day tour to the desert, which included a transfer from the airport (indispensable!). When we arrived, our group was given maps and indications of where to eat, shop and stroll; perfect! After our return from de desert, the staff was really kind letting us have showers and hang around the reception while we waited for our bus later in the night! It saved us!

• 26th Mar 2014

We had a great stay here, loved it and they offer so many tours at really good prices!

• 25th Mar 2014

After being there some days we can say that it’s a fantastic hostel to stay when visiting Marrakech. It has all you need. No walking distance from the main square and souks. The first time it’s difficult to get your bearing, but you’ll find it. To my mind, the best of the hostel is the staff, they are a really nice guys who are always looking for help you and make your days in Marrakech easier. Always making fun around a delicious cup of tea. I would really recommend the hostel to everybody!

Great hostel, difficult to find but the brilliant guy who worked there assured me they're going to put some sort of video map into place-which would be handy. The shower facilities were slightly limited but for such a fantastic price you can't really complain too much. Would stay again!

These hostels are all kind of difficult to find, there aren't even really signs above the doors. I ended up staying in three different ones during my time in Marrakech and they all felt sort of the same. I'd suggest just choosing the least expensive option.

Great hostel, really good staff and excellent location. Make sure you follow the directions on hostelworld to find the place or else it will be difficult. The cooking class is great, but the hammam recommended is quite touristic - I would recommend going to a local place instead.

Very nice and friendly hostel:) good breakfeast and staff very helpfull :) I had a great time, I recommend it :)

the staffs are so friendly and i met a lot of friends here. breakfast here is simple but good. the price is so attractive amd it worths the money. highly recommand.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good hostel clean stuf good service

• 21st Feb 2014

its hard to find but the staff is very nice and friendly ,

• 15th Feb 2014

We loved it here!!! The staff was sooooo nice!!! we had a great time!! its hard to find, but once you get here you find a terrasse with a great view over marrakesch and everyone tries his best to make your stay amazing, After travelling in awesome marocco we went back to marrakeschand this hostel... it felt like coming home =)=)=) So come here!!!!!

• 13th Feb 2014

Great hostel, great atmosphere, great people, great location, breakfast every day, no complaints

Great value for money, staff are really laid back and treat you like family. You get what you pay for when it comes to the bed but everything else more than makes up for it. Highly recommend.

Hostel Freedom is a really good place, located just a few minutes from the main square in a typical moroccan building. It has a roof terrace as well, with a nice view to the medina. They provide a good breakfast. Also I got sick and they took care of me very nicely. Thanks again, see you next time!

Abdullah and Bombay are very nice and they picked us 3 in the morning.besides, they gave useful information and recommend good travel agency for desert tour. Rooms are quite comfortable, but all the beds are bunk beds, and it can be really high. They provide breakfast from 7 to 10 in the morning. Although it is a little difficult to be found, it is very near to the big square jemaa el fan.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • China

Fantastic spot with incredibly kind, trustworthy and helpful staff. A pleasure.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Amazing environment, and the staff is very good. A really nice place to stay.