Hostel Freedom Marrakech Reviews

Rue el Ksour, Derb Qadus, 9, Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel was perfect for the what a backpacker is looking for, hard to find at first (ended up needing to tip a guide) but easy to locate after getting bearings. The facilities are standard for dorms, but a complimentary breakfast is served (selection of bread, honey, tea) which is very tasty. The atmosphere is very friendly and social and the staff are very hardworking and excellent (big thanks to Ahmed Bariz, Boubaker, and Abdellah). For the location, vibe, and staff it is incredibly cheap!

Very nice staff, they are really helpful and friendly... The hostel is close to the main sightseeings.

Good hostel in middle of Medina. However, it's difficult to find it as any place in Medina region. In the roof part we can see a nice view of Marrakech and also relax. They have a good breakfast.The most staff are friendly and helpul, but take care when you'll negociate some trip, before you buy everything is include in the package, but after not!

Very nice place to stay and extremely helpful staff - myself and 5 others were able to book cheap travel excursions to Ouzard falls (beautiful place!), the Sahara dessert, todra gorge, and taghazout all for a good price. Staff are friendly and up 24/7. There are always people to take you to the hostel, just don't pay them anything!

• 11th Apr 2014

It is impossible to find alone ,a guy stop me in the street because he wanted to help me and when we found the hostel he asks me for 10euro quite insinstenly. very noisy place , the receptionist played some techno music until 3am while flirting with some guests. poor breakfast

Great value for money with a great location. The staff were one of the best staff that I have seen in my life, really helpful and friendly, they will do everything to make you comfortable or whatever.

It is hard to find. Located in the center but it is down a small side alley and would be impossible to find alone at night time. Luckily, during the day there are many locals around willing to help you find it. The hostel is also called "kif kif", so say you are looking for "kif kif hostel".This is the only negative. This place is really special, the staff are very helpful and friendly and the atmosphere is very chill and fun. I highly recommend this place. Can book a great desert trip too!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice staff and well located to reach the big square Jemaa el Fna. It´s definitely worth the money!

This hostel was really nice to me and my friends. The staff is really helpfull and kind! Once you find the hostel you see its right in the middle of Medina (what is really close to everything) Love this place! This hostel is the same as KIFF KIFF! So if you need help to find, ask for KIFF KIFF.

I can only thank this hostel for all the help they've given us. They indicated an excellent 2-day tour to the desert, which included a transfer from the airport (indispensable!). When we arrived, our group was given maps and indications of where to eat, shop and stroll; perfect! After our return from de desert, the staff was really kind letting us have showers and hang around the reception while we waited for our bus later in the night! It saved us!

We had a great stay here, loved it and they offer so many tours at really good prices!

• 25th Mar 2014

After being there some days we can say that it’s a fantastic hostel to stay when visiting Marrakech. It has all you need. No walking distance from the main square and souks. The first time it’s difficult to get your bearing, but you’ll find it. To my mind, the best of the hostel is the staff, they are a really nice guys who are always looking for help you and make your days in Marrakech easier. Always making fun around a delicious cup of tea. I would really recommend the hostel to everybody!

Great hostel, difficult to find but the brilliant guy who worked there assured me they're going to put some sort of video map into place-which would be handy. The shower facilities were slightly limited but for such a fantastic price you can't really complain too much. Would stay again!

1 2 Next » last »