Hostel GaiaPorto

Superb 420 Total Reviews

• elisesproll
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2017

Loved this place! Beautiful walk over the bridge at sunset, awesome garden area to watch the city and do morning exercise and friendly staff. Really enjoyed it!

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
9th Jul 2017

João is such a great host. I had a problem with my book and he solved inmediately. Great location, you have the town center just at 7 minutes walking and a metro station near.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

Hostel GaiaPorto was very beautiful and the family running the hostel were lovely. My boyfriend and I felt very welcome and they were very helpful and accommodating. They gave us guidance on Porto and the hostel provided a free wine tasting! We loved how the hostel was close to everything but not too touristy. It was an amazing experience and we'd definitely come back!

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2017

I was so pleasantly surprised by the quality of our stay! Our room was better than most hotels I have stayed at. Between the great service, amazing cleanliness, and fantastic free breakfast I couldn't have asked for a better stay in Porto. I would recommend this hostel to all my friends!

7th Jul 2017

Incredibly friendly and courteous. If you're looking for a feeling like staying with a cool family member, this is it.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
2nd Jul 2017
6.3

If you want a social vibe this isnt the place for you. I met two people only because they were in the bunks next to me. Nice hostel but quieter tan a retirement home

Hello. Thanks for your review. It look like you didnt enjoyed your stay. Sorry but you're wrong, when you were with us the Hostel was completely full, but it all depending on people. You cant be on the phone at breakfast and expected that people talk to you. You dont know people with that actitude. So you didnt explain why you choose our hostel, all the reviews say that we are not a party hostel and we will never be, its not your opinion that makes the diference. We are happy that you will never come back, our vibe is diferent. You're the guy that I personaly helped to find another place because your sister forgot to book a bed for you! You're the guy that staied all the time inside the room( the dorm). You're the guy that staied in another Hostel and came to meet your sister here at my Hostel and I let you take the breakfast for free, You're the guy that wrote in our guest book saying: "João, you're an absolute champion, Greatest hospitality, recommendations, help arranged my stay" Signed. After this you come and write a review so bad. Well The world is upside down!! Take care!

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Jul 2017

Joao and his family run a great hostel! We stayed in the new half, and it felt like a hotel. It was clean, friendly, inviting, and had great terraces and public spaces. It's south of the river in Gaia, but even as tourists who had never visited Porto before, we had absolutely no trouble finding our way around on foot and public transportation. The room we booked had been listed as a twin, when in fact it was a double bed. Joao gave us a second private room for most of our stay. Nice solution!

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
1st Jul 2017

This is the nicest hostel i have EVER stayed at!!! It is flasher than a hotel!!

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2017

Best hostel I have stayed in. The owner is so welcoming and helpful, very clean and comfortable. The cakes made by his wife are also unreal

• USA, Male, 41+
24th Jun 2017

I knew I was at the right place when walking through the front door I first met Marta, the owner's wife, and their son sitting comfortably at the kitchen table. From the family that runs it, to the layout of the property the hostel is set up as, and feels like, a home. There are multiple floors with multiple city view balconies on the roof of the property. There are balconies for each floor as well. The bathrooms were immaculately clean and the breakfast was great. It was easy to meet oth