Hostel GaiaPorto Reviews

Rua Cândido dos Reis nº 374-376, Porto, Portugal

Such a great hostel!!! The rooms were beautiful, the kitchen and bathrooms were new and we're kept extremely clean and the hostel had a great atmosphere. We honestly could not have asked for more, it's definetely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Thankyou for such a great stay :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

Excellent hostel run by a really lovely local couple, feels more like a boutique hotel than a hostel, great location on the Gaia side of the river about a 10 minute walk from the riverside. Great breakfast. Just beware that the street name exists in both Porto & Gaia which is the Abbeyside to Dungarvan in Porto but is equally as nice as the other side of the river. Highly recommended.

Really good hostel!

I love tha place! From garden is the best view to Porto. It's not the hostel just for party people (but for them too its near to center like 10 min walking) but its very good if you want to spend romantic moments with your secound half :) and they give for breakfast the best croissant in the city :p for sure was first but not our last time in this cool place !

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Poland

Hosts are so nice, even parked my car for me, twice!! Made us feel so welcome and we loved the hostel! Breakfast was awesome, beds were comfortable, location was perfect, and a free winery tour included (recommended) loved it all, can't wait to go back!! Thank you!!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Clean, comfortable with friendly and welcoming staff. Highly recommend!

One of the best hostels i've stayed. The owner, João, is a kind man and pays attention to every detail of your experience. Welcome drink, the furniture and facilities quite new and organized, a relaxing rooftop garden, breakfast with a handmade local cake are the main elements of a great journey.

We stayed there 3 nights and had the best time. The owner was extremely helpful giving us great advice for what to do and in Porto, also what restaurants not to eat at. We took the advice and found ourselves enjoying great wineries, restaurants and markets. The upkeep of the premises was to the highest standard and when we needed a relaxing night, we sat in the terraced gardens and enjoyed some recommend 'green' wine and olives while looking over the city lights and river.

I could not ve asked for a better hostel for my stay in Porto. The location is actually in Gaia, which isnt a problem at all. It's a 10min walk into Porto city. In my opinion it's even better to stay on that side of the river cause its more quiet and gives a magnificant view over Porto! The owners are just amazing!!

We’ve traveled fairly extensively in parts of Europe and Central America and can say, without a doubt, that this is the best hostel that we’ve stayed in. It is relaxing, cozy, and spotlessly clean. The best part, however, are its owners Marta and João. They treat you like family and recommend great local (i.e., non-touristy) restaurants and places to visit--we've never eaten better. The hostel is located close to everything and has a great 3-tiered garden with amazing overviews of the city.

We LOVED our stay at the hostel. Joan and Marta are a delight and so helpful. You truly feel like part of their family. We loved the home cooked meal and eating with the other backpackers. It was such a nice way to meet people. Location is great and close to good food and easy to walk to wine cellars and the city. Hostel is very clean, comfortable, well designed and the roof top Terrace is awesome! Joan and Marta are always happy to help and lend advice about Porto too. We will be back!

This place feelings like home far away from home. Marta & João are one of the kindest hosts I have met. The hostel has a great garden, with views over the nicest parts of Porto. A BBQ in the evening there, lovely organized by the two, made a perfect last evening. Everything is very clean, the showers feel like a summer rainfall... This will make the perfect place to make your stay in Porto a unique experience! Thank you for everything, Marta & João! See you soon!

Great place, great people , great view!

We enjoyed our stay a lot. The staff was very helpful, attentive and friendly. We'll definitely stay there again.

Excellent hostel! One of the best I've stayed in. The place was immaculate, staff were friendly and very helpful with suggestions of places to visit and restaurants etc. Highly recommend!!

The best place to stay in Porto, it was like home with good friends.

Joao and Marta are THE BEST! You must go and live in this hostel. It is the best design you'd ever find for a hostel ever. ever. Ever.

This was the best hostel we have every stayed in. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, they made you feel like family. Very clean and beautiful views! Just a short walk over the bridge to the centre. We loved our stay and can't wait to go back!

• 21st Jun 2014

I enjoyed it a lot, I gave the location only a "good", because it could be even better. But it is nicely located and everything else was truly excellent. They do a wonderful job there, when I return to Porto it will be in this hostel!

This Hostel was so lovely, very convenient and easy to find, was blown away at their hospitality. My favourite part of this hostel was the 10 euro traditional portugese dinner. Consisting of an entree, main course and a chocolate cake dessert it was an amazing experience which I will never forget ! Thankyou for making Porto so magical. There is also a free wine tasting at the original Port Wine winery which you can go to, if you go to this hostel!