Hostel GaiaPorto Reviews

Rua Cândido dos Reis nº 374-376, Porto, Portugal

I really like this hostel. The host is very nice, he provided me a lot of suggestions about the tour in Porto, which saved me a lot of trouble. The view in the hostel is nice and it is convenient to walk around. The room is quiet, clear and the bed is really comfortable, though a home stay hostel, I can see that the owner really puts his heart to provide a nice stay for the guest. It is a part of my nice Porto experience, I will go back to stay if one day I go to Porto again.

Greetings from France! Mateusz

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Staying at Gaia Porto Hostel was the best decision we made on our trip. The hosts were very warm and had a wealth of information on activities. The location was easy to find and close to the city, the room was of hotel grade and had access to terraces with amazing views of Porto and clean bathroom facilities. The daily breakfast had a wide range of choices and was delicious and the hostel has connections to some free activities. All in all the best hostel we have ever experienced.

• 6th Feb 2015

After having stayed at a ton of hostels, I have to say that this one is way on top. Amazing staff, so helpful and so nice and interesting to chat with. The hostel is perfectly cleaned and greatly decorated, with the most amazing double bed room I've ever found at a hostel, by far! It is located about 4 minutes from the Metro and the river, giving the best views you can have from Porto, while being just 2 stops far from the city center. The breakfast is also generous. Seriously recommended!

Joao and all of the staff were amazing. I would venture to say that this is the best hostel in the world. When I am back in Portugal again I will stay with them again.

• 7th Jan 2015

I stayed 3 nights at Gaia Hostel and had a pleasant time there. Juam and his wife Maria are super friendly and care about everything that you need. When you stay there, ask Juam for food places, cause he's an expert of the best and cheapest food in Porto! Thank you and all the best for the little Gustavo!

It is a quite (silent) and clean hostel where the staff is very helpfull.

This perfect hostel is run by a couple (Joao and Marta) and they really make you feel to stay in your own home. Located n the old city in Villa Nova de Gaia (opposite site of the River as Porto) and is perfectly located for a scenic view on Porto. Walking to the city center of Porto takes 10-15min. If you like family type hostels with nice dinners and chats, then this is the perfect place for you.

This hostel was not only one of the most comfortable ones we've been in, but was definitely the one where we had the best time. João and Marta are such amazing people and they make you feel as if you were staying at a friends' home. I recommend this hostel 100%, and I also suggest that you have dinner at the hostel at least 1 time during your stay. The meal was the best meal we ate in Portugal (typical, homemade and delicious), and the atmosphere was amazing, we spent the whole evening laughing!

An unique hostel!! The best one ever to me and my husband. We had such wonderful moments with Marta and João that we couldn't describe with simple words here...so come to the hostel and see by yourself!! For sure you will find a cozy place, amazing food, loads to chat and discover about this special city, Porto!! The 6 bed room is perfect and every detail makes you fell home and happy to be there! Strongly recommend!! Thanks for everything Marta and João...hope to see yous soon!!

If not the best, than it is definitely up there. AMAZING!!! Staff was very nice and helpful. Location was beautiful. Rooms and facilities were sooo nice and clean. I will be returning and staying there again without question.

This hostel is truly a special place. If we hadn't stayed here, our entire experience in Porto would have been different. The owners of the hostel care deeply about the property and want their guests to have a home away from home. So much so that they made us a Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving while we were there. They were wonderful hosts -- who were always present, but never overbearing. It felt more like a bed and breakfast, than a hostel. Must stay here. A+

• 25th Nov 2014

One of the most friendly accommodations, we have ever been! The owners of the hostel are helpful and generous. They gave us really good recommendations, how to spend our holiday in Porto (restaurants, wine tasting, sightseeing etc.). The place had a romantic view of the downtown. Our room was nice, comfortable and clean. We loved it.

Awesome hostel, much care taken to make you feel welcome and help you make the most of this fascinating region. Facilities are perfect. Highly recommended.

Nice and charming place. The hosts are kind and they make you feel at home. The rooms are very clean with nice beds and shower. Our room had an incredible sight. Breakfast is very good. But if you want to know portuguese food and culture you should boom the dinner which is home made and delicious. In brief is the best hostel I had ever been even better than many hotels.

Thanks João and Marta for being great hosts, I loved the homely atmosphere of the hostel and the dinner on Friday was a real highlight, it was so great to try real homemade Portuguese food in a family atmosphere and meet some young Brazilian and Mexican people. It's a great environment you've created, keep it up.

Absolutely the best hostel I have ever live. The hosts are very nice, the location is so good and the hostel is cozy, making me feel like home. Really recommand this hostel to every one!!

Owner's (Joao) hospitality exceeded all expectations and hostel was very clean, modern and nice. I stayed with my partner at double room which was more convenient than the one in many 2-3 stars hotels. Location seemed to be on a quiet street so there wasn't noisy at night time. Still it wasn't a too long way to nearest metro station or to river bank either. I have nothing to complain.

Gaia Porto Hostel was one of my favorite hostels. The kindness of João and Marta, the hosts, was amazing. The accommodations are extremely good and everything is really clean and well cared. I totally recommend this hostel. Good rooms, beds, bathrooms, internet, laundry, excellent breakfast, it is very well located and many other good things, for a really good price.

Wonderful hostel, more like a boutique hotel than a hostel and beautifully appointed. Lovely warm showers after a day's travelling or a day walking in the city. Great food if you choose to stay for dinner (do). Easy to get to using the metro directly from the airport. João and Marta are wonderful hosts who are multilingual and also give great advice of what to do and where to go.

• 17th Oct 2014