Hostel GaiaPorto Reviews

Rua Cândido dos Reis nº 374-376, Porto, Portugal

Myself and partner had a wonderful short stay here only 2 nights. We left very spoilt for comfort, our room was so cute we loved it! The out door terrace was great for a quiet drink at night. The hostel gave off a very homely feel which is why we enjoyed so much. The location was good, wasn't right in the main area but not far walk at all. the family put so much into this hostel to make it good for everyone which is why I would reccommed it! Thanks for a great stay

Joao and his wife are fantastic hosts! We were made to feel at home during our whole stay and we would definitely return there at the first opportunity.

A wonderful small hostel, ran by very nice and conscientious people. Recommended.

• 8th Aug 2015

We had a lovely time at this hostel right after finishing the camino. Everything about it was great, from the breakfast to the rooftop garden. The owners put so much work into making it a great place to be and it certainly shows. They go above and beyond to give you more than you had even thought of: free wine tours, loads of great recommendations (even for veggies), your bed made everyday etc. Couldn't recommend it more highly!

Great small hostel with wonderful staff.

Spent a weekend with Joao and Marta in Porto. Had an amazing time at the hostel, being quite small we all got to know each other quite well. Our hosts were filled with plenty of advice for our few days in Porto. The hostel has a great rooftop garden and bar with a beautiful view. We were lucky enough to be treated to a cheap traditional Portuguese dinner and some wine at the hostel, which was fantastic; i will be sending an email for the recipe of that duck rice! Can't wait to come back!

If I were to run a hostel I would do it exactly like this hostel. It's decor is lovely, it's clean, welcoming, provides a great free breakfast and the staff are so friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Best hostel on the entire planet. João was honestly the best host imaginable. He constantly went out of his way to make our stay better including making dinner on our first night there because we asked. Not only that, he and his wife make the best food ever(wine included with meals), if you stay you have to try it! He was not only a great host but also a blast to hang out with. We were worried about the location (across the river) but it was perfect.

My partner and I spent a week at Gaia Porto Hostel and had an excellent time. Joao, Marta and family were excellent hosts. The accommodation is extremely well run, clean and comfortable and has a great location. From pick up to drop off at the airport we were treated with the upmost warmth and friendliness. We look forward to our next visit!

Best hostel I've stayed in. Great location, just a few minutes walk to the river front. Fantastic, friendly and helpful staff. Best value for money ever, thanks again guys you were great !

• 13th Jun 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff was amazing. Terrific breakfast. Very knowledgeable of the city. Great place to stay. 5/5 stars

A fantastic and welcoming family-run hostel in quiet area. If returning to Porto, then I'll definitely return here! Stay here if to meet relaxed and friendly travellers who are happy to sit around a table, share food, and chat. This isn't a "party" hostel. It's also over the river - in Gaia - from Porto. But the garden is wonderful and gives views over Porto itself. It's 5 minutes walk from the nearest Metro stop, or just walk over the epic bridge from Porto (30 minutes from centre of town)

Absolutely AMAZING hostel. The hostel was super clean, safe, but most importantly, Joao and his wife Marta made my mum and I feel like family from the moment we walked in the door. I have stayed at quite a few hostels, and have also worked at a hostel, and this is one of the best I've seen. The hostel is very small, mellow, and friendly, with beautiful garden, in an area of town with tons of local charm - quick walk to the city centre/metro. Thank you Joao and Marta for a truly memorable stay.

We had a very nice stay there, we think it's the best hostel we have been so far!! The owner is really helpful, breakfast is great! We can highly recommend this hostel.

Jao and his Father are wonderful!! great relaxing hostel with lots of cool spots to see not too far away

Very clean and comfortable room! The owner is nice and helpful too.

• 13th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hostel GaiaPorto was a pleasant surprise. Joao was super helpful and friendly from the very beginning with directions and recommendations. In terms of facilities and cleanliness, it's got be be one of the best that I've stayed in.Everything looks fairly new and in very good taste. Location was very convenient and safe, a few minutes walk away to the docks of Gaia and Luiz I bridge, wine cellars, excellent restaurants and cable car. Beware, it is NOT a party hostel where guests socialize.

One of my favorite hostels I have stayed at! Joao was very prompt with his responses, very helpful when we needed info about transportation, and had great suggestions about the city. Very cute hostel. Clean and decorated well. Great breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this Hostel!

Hostel Gaia Porto is a truly welcoming place. The rooms are impeccably clean and tastefully decorated, we had a balcony with a view on the city, and above the hostel there is a series of rooftop gardens which must be a great hangout place in the summer (we were there a little early). Joao and his family were incredibly nice and helpful, and the area around the hostel has the best views on Porto at night! We very much wished we could stay longer, and would definitely recommend the place!

Wonderful hostel! It's more like a home! The atmosphere and Marta & João (staff) are amazing!! I had a great stay. Nothing to complain about. :) You have so much for so little money!