Hostel GaiaPorto Reviews

Rua Cândido dos Reis nº 374-376, Porto, Portugal

Amazing hostel in Porto! We'd never been welcomed that good in a hostel before. The hosts are so friendly, give good advices. We had a great portugese dinner and drank good wine :-) The hostel looks great inside, rooms are clean, breakfast is good... there is a garden in summer where you can do a barbecue or have breakfast. It is very well located near the metro, you can also walk to downtown. I cannot think of any negative thing! We recommend this hostel for anyone and we'll come back for sure!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Everything was totally perfect. The staff was brilliant in explaining everything we asked and very helpful. Location is amazing, everything is nearby and perfect for exploring by feet.

perfekt stay! its a great hostel, nice location in gaia, but very close to the center.

• 22nd Mar 2014

It is the best hostel I've ever stayed for sure, everything is great. I surely come back to this hostel if I go to Porto again.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

I've been to countless hostels in the last two years but João and Marta still managed to impress me not only with a really cozy and clean hostel but with their hospitality and attention to small things. As if this was not enough, there is a charming garden where you can chill with a pleasant view of the city. Would rate it more than 100% if it was possible. :)

This hostel was exceptional.The owners and the staff treat you like an old friend visiting, from the first moment you feel like you at home.I would love to come back again in a summer time to enjoy a glass of port on a 3 story terrace.Well done guys!! :)

We had a tough time finding the hostel (especially in the rain!), but once we got there, we were blown away by the facilities and the staff. I cannot wait to return to Porto AND this hostel in the future- preferably in the summertime this time around!

Beautiful Hostel!!! Amazing accommodations, much better than a hotel and super clean! we were very happy to stay with you and we loved your staff, so kind and friendly! So chic, modern and familiar! loved the decoration! the breakfast also was excellent! Thanks again!

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Modern and recently opened hostel with very good breakfast. Feels like staying with friends. Joao and Marta really make an effort to make you feel at home and give lots of good recommendations. One of the best hostels I ever stayed in.

I think this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I'll admit it was sort of a nightmare to find because there are 3 streets called candida dos reis in the Porto area. But when we got to the hostel, it was like an oasis- we were welcomed with port and fresh flowers in our room. The hostel is clean, romantic, has a 3-level rooftop terrace with a great view. The guy at the desk was SO helpful and fun to chat with. He recommended a great restaurant & told us all about Porto. I'd go back!!!!

The hostel is beautiful, the rooms are really welcoming and the breakfast is excellent. Totally recommended for travellers looking for a quiet stay close to the wine cellars. The owner Joao is extremely helpful, has great advices to give and interesting conversations about anything a traveller might need.

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Marta and Joao are doing a really great job in porto. They made me feel welcome right after i stepped into the hostel. The hostel is well-maintainted and well-equipted. Three terraces offer you a great opportunity to relax and enjoy the evening. You have a nice view over porto from there. If you have any quetions about e.g. a nice restaurant, just ask them. They will give you many recommendations. It's was a pleasure to stay there.

Thanks for your nice words. Everything we do is for our guests to fel like home. We hope you come back soon. Marta and João

very nice and cosy hostel. impressive view from the three rooftop terraces! lovely hosts. thanks you for the stay.

• 31st Oct 2013

Fabulous modern homely hostel in authentic Portuguese neighbourhood. Very friendly and great value. Recommended!

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Thank you so much to Joao and Marta for welcoming us into their beautiful hostel and making us feel right at home! All the facilities are top notch - new, clean and well maintained. The hostel is very relaxing, with amazing rooftop terraces, and steps away from wineries and excellent restaurants. Joao and Marta gave us excellent advice on where to visit during our time there, and made a point to get to know us and even made us some special food! Thank you and we will visit again!