Hostel GaiaPorto Reviews

Rua Cândido dos Reis nº 374-376, Porto, Portugal

We LOVED our stay at the hostel. Joan and Marta are a delight and so helpful. You truly feel like part of their family. We loved the home cooked meal and eating with the other backpackers. It was such a nice way to meet people. Location is great and close to good food and easy to walk to wine cellars and the city. Hostel is very clean, comfortable, well designed and the roof top Terrace is awesome! Joan and Marta are always happy to help and lend advice about Porto too. We will be back!

This place feelings like home far away from home. Marta & João are one of the kindest hosts I have met. The hostel has a great garden, with views over the nicest parts of Porto. A BBQ in the evening there, lovely organized by the two, made a perfect last evening. Everything is very clean, the showers feel like a summer rainfall... This will make the perfect place to make your stay in Porto a unique experience! Thank you for everything, Marta & João! See you soon!

Great place, great people , great view!

We enjoyed our stay a lot. The staff was very helpful, attentive and friendly. We'll definitely stay there again.

Excellent hostel! One of the best I've stayed in. The place was immaculate, staff were friendly and very helpful with suggestions of places to visit and restaurants etc. Highly recommend!!

The best place to stay in Porto, it was like home with good friends.

Joao and Marta are THE BEST! You must go and live in this hostel. It is the best design you'd ever find for a hostel ever. ever. Ever.

This was the best hostel we have every stayed in. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, they made you feel like family. Very clean and beautiful views! Just a short walk over the bridge to the centre. We loved our stay and can't wait to go back!

• 21st Jun 2014

I enjoyed it a lot, I gave the location only a "good", because it could be even better. But it is nicely located and everything else was truly excellent. They do a wonderful job there, when I return to Porto it will be in this hostel!

This Hostel was so lovely, very convenient and easy to find, was blown away at their hospitality. My favourite part of this hostel was the 10 euro traditional portugese dinner. Consisting of an entree, main course and a chocolate cake dessert it was an amazing experience which I will never forget ! Thankyou for making Porto so magical. There is also a free wine tasting at the original Port Wine winery which you can go to, if you go to this hostel!

Imagine the best hostel you could possibly find and be surprised what else they have to offer ...! We definitely recommend this hostel: our room was cosy, clean and quiet. Marta and Joao are extremely friendly and helpful hosts! The atmosphere at Hostel GaiaPorto was great!

• 9th Jun 2014

From the moment we were collected from Porto Airport the welcome was warm and friendly. The stay at the hostel really added to our stay in the city and we'll always remember the hospitality shown to us. It was a relaxing home from home better than any hotel.

• 7th Jun 2014

it is the best hostel i have ever seen in Europe ! Joao is very nice, welcoming and helpful, the location is great (just across the bridge from the old historic center, not far from restaurants etc but in a quiet street). I felt safe and wish I could stay longer to enjoy the terraces over the Douro river...

amazing hostel! really nice, helpful and friendly host. gives out great recommendations. the hostel itself is super pretty, spotless clean and the veranda on the roof gives you the best view of porto! seriously, how good can a hostel be?! the location is actually in gaia, which we learned when we got there is not porto itself. however, less than 10min by foot and you're right at the waterfront! and you're close to all the wine cellars! thanks again for a great stay, we will definetely be back!

I love it everything was perfect!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Poland

"Exceptional, beautiful, new, very clean hostel "

I would strongly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Porto. The hosts are warm, inviting and create a wonderful atmosphere to all guests. We felt like family from the first step into the hostel. They also offer authentic Portuguese dinners for their guests and help direct you to your desired Porto destinations. I will definitely go back to Porto and stay here.

• 20th May 2014

Everything was amazing! Great food and a great time!

• 16th May 2014

This hostel is so nice, everything is new and clean, the location is great!. The owners are wonderful and they always make sure everyone is happy and comfortable. The nightly dinners are amazing, great value for what you pay with a friendly atmosphere. I will definitely return!

We had a great 2 night stay at Hostel GaiaPorto and wish we could have stayed longer. The couple that runs the Hostel are fantastic. They were kind and incredibly helpful. The homemade dinner we had was also fantastic. Completely recommendable!