Hostel GaiaPorto

Superb 456 Total Reviews
Superb 456 Total Reviews

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
15th Sep 2017

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay. We rented a private room and it was lovely. João's mother welcomed us with a delicate attention, port wine and delicious cake. The room was spacious and the bed comfy. João was definitely one of the sweetest host I ever met. He gave us plenty of recommendations of things to do and restaurants (we ate one of the best chicken in our trip). I highly recommend this hostel. And if we come back to Porto, I will without a doubt choose Hostel Gaia Porto :)

• Spain, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Sep 2017

The hostel wa great, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent, and the owners were really nice and kind to us. They make you feel at home, they give you great advices .... they even wait us until 2 o'clock in the morning due to a delay on our flight. I would absolutely reccomend it.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
4th Sep 2017

By far the best hostel we've stayed in, it was almost like a hotel. The room, bathroom and kitchen were very clean! Great breakfast, home made cake and even soy milk! The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. We got good recommendations about the area, places to eat and go and we also got recommendations for the rest of our trip. Overall great stay and we'd definitely stay here again. Highly recommended hostel!

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
3rd Sep 2017

Was very impressed with my stay at Hostel GaiaPorto. One of the best experiences I have had at a hostel anywhere in the world. I would highly recommend Hostel GaiaPorto to anyone travelling to the Porto area. Amazing location, great rooms, beautiful rooftop patio, and more. The true highlight of this hostel are the people who run it. Family run, Joao and his family go above and beyond. Amazing people, who run a great place, with welcome and warm feel. Thanks for the overall all amazing stay!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Aug 2017

The Hostel GaiaPorto is located very close to the harbor (5 min walking) and has amazing facilities. The owner and his wife are super friendly and prepare an amazing breakfast every day with homemade marmelade and cakes! Absolutely recommendable.

• USA, Male, 41+
22nd Aug 2017

Great place, with friendly and helpful hosts. Location in Gaia is convenient and just a short walk from riverfront, with spectacular views. Terraces were great place to chill over an evening drink.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2017

My stay at Gaia Hostel was really nice and comfortable. The guy who handled the hostel was kind and helpful to give me lots of information about Porto, the places to see, the nice restaurants to try out the typical products and the wineries or wineries where to taste the typical wines. The hostel is structured in a complex that grows in height, with a very nice garden at the top, from where you can admire a beautiful view of Porto. I highly recommend this hostel.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2017

This hostel was amazing. The staff (husband and wife) were incredibly nice and welcoming. The owner was there at all times to answer questions or recommend restaurants or activities for each person according to their interests/budget/diet. The breakfasts were the best I had in a hostel. The building is located near the Douro (river) (around 2 mins by foot) and the touristic and attractions areas are reachable within a 20 minutes walk. I would definitively recommend this hostel ! I loved it !!

• Hong Kong, All Female Group, 31-40
29th Jul 2017

This is a hostel with a human heart! The owner João put all his afford to run the hostel which you can feel it during your stay. The building is newly furnished, everything is clean and neat with different levels of rooftop to enjoy the view. João gave us really good recommendation for winery visit (not a commercial one) and restaurant with really good food! Good breakfast and good location (~5 mins walk to the river side, more quiet than by the river) Best welcome drink I have ever had!

• South Africa, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2017

A great experience! It's close to everything you need. The space is beautiful and very clean. You get a very warm welcome and you're treated very nicely throughout your stay. I will definitely be going back and recommend it to anyone visiting Porto, I loved it.

×