Hostel GaiaPorto

Superb 377 Total Reviews
Superb 377 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Mar 2017

Joao is honestly the most kind hearted host I've met in a hostel. He makes sure to look after everything you might need, and he loves to chat and get to know the guests. One of my favourite hostels so far this trip, very highly recommended!

18th Feb 2017

Very cozy place, located within the historical area of Vila Nova de Gaia and few minutes by walking from the Douro River, the Monastery and Ribeira. The staff is very friendly. The place has a balcony where is possible to have a great view from Porto. If I return to Porto, I will consider staying there to continue the friendly talk I had with Mr. Saavedra, the owner.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016

This hostel is very cute, clean and comfortable. It doesn't have a party hostel vibe but is a relaxed and welcoming place to come home to after a long day of exploring. The roof has a great view and the host is lovely.

Hello Morgan. Thanks for your review. We realy are not a party Hostel and that's the big challenge. There's already so many party Hostel that 5 years ago we just wanted to do something different, taking the risk we just made a Family Hostel, cozy and your "Home far from Home". I'realy sorry that you just passed here 10 hours, because if you stayed longer you would like even more!! All the best!!

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
18th Dec 2016

Amazing owner, excellent location, beautiful garden! Would 100% recommend :) 정말 좋아요~ 친절한 주인분과 도우루 강 바로 옆이라 지내기도 좋아요. 추천해요

Hello Sujin. Thanks for your review. sorry not being here when you left. All the best for you!! We hope to see you two again.

• Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016

Our stay last weekend in Hostel Gaia Porto was fantastic. We were welcomed by the owner, which is very friendly man. He gave us many recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants which was great. The hostel itself was very clean, we had a room with a shared bathroom. Thank you so much for having us, we would definitely come back.

• preferredfutures1186
  • England, Mixed Group, 41+
29th Nov 2016
7.7

Decor is very smart, wi fi works, breakfast very good. The room I stayed in was very small, bathroom was tight for 8 people, 1 loo, 2 showers, two sinks. I am a tall big guy and I found the mattresses too thin and couldn't sleep, also the metal bunk beds have no curtains or privacy, there are dedicated lockers but no shelves on the wall or the bed for small personal things. Joao the owner is very visible and doesn't miss an opportunity to chat and make friends.

Thanks for your review Nick. I'm completely surprised with some of the things you wrote, because we had a lot of opportunities for you to say personaly your opinion, but as a big guy you prefer to say that was everything perfect and then write a completely different thing. Let me explain to you that you have two more bathrooms, but one is on the second floor, probably 10 more stairs up were too much, so there are 4 showers, 3 loos, 6 sinks, for 8 people. About the mattresses, dear friend they have 2,00meters per 90 cm, so one and a half body , perfect for one person.And thanks for your all suggestions about privacy and shelves, we would love to know your opinion when you were here. But the amazing thing is that we talk about this family atmosphere, and you said you loved because you were tired of people, you love quiet places now, thats why you bought some property in a little village of Portugal. All the opinions are important, but when you write about us, that work so hard everyday, at least write things that you realy know, not presumptions. Thank you.

28th Nov 2016

Best hostel. I cannot think of anything that wasn't exceptional about staying here. Especially liked the breakfast and the managers. Let's go back!

• Poland, Female, 25-30
17th Oct 2016

I'm lost for words to decsribe how amazing the place is. Since the first minute you come there you feel amazing family atmosphere, the breakfast with everyday fresh homemade cake is great, absolutely loved the private room! Thank you Joao for making our stay unforgettable, I will do my best to tell the whole world of how amazing the hostel is! Best experience in Europe travelling.