Hostel GaiaPorto Reviews

Rua Cândido dos Reis nº 374-376, Porto, Portugal

An unique hostel!! The best one ever to me and my husband. We had such wonderful moments with Marta and João that we couldn't describe with simple words here...so come to the hostel and see by yourself!! For sure you will find a cozy place, amazing food, loads to chat and discover about this special city, Porto!! The 6 bed room is perfect and every detail makes you fell home and happy to be there! Strongly recommend!! Thanks for everything Marta and João...hope to see yous soon!!

If not the best, than it is definitely up there. AMAZING!!! Staff was very nice and helpful. Location was beautiful. Rooms and facilities were sooo nice and clean. I will be returning and staying there again without question.

This hostel is truly a special place. If we hadn't stayed here, our entire experience in Porto would have been different. The owners of the hostel care deeply about the property and want their guests to have a home away from home. So much so that they made us a Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving while we were there. They were wonderful hosts -- who were always present, but never overbearing. It felt more like a bed and breakfast, than a hostel. Must stay here. A+

• 25th Nov 2014

One of the most friendly accommodations, we have ever been! The owners of the hostel are helpful and generous. They gave us really good recommendations, how to spend our holiday in Porto (restaurants, wine tasting, sightseeing etc.). The place had a romantic view of the downtown. Our room was nice, comfortable and clean. We loved it.

Awesome hostel, much care taken to make you feel welcome and help you make the most of this fascinating region. Facilities are perfect. Highly recommended.

Nice and charming place. The hosts are kind and they make you feel at home. The rooms are very clean with nice beds and shower. Our room had an incredible sight. Breakfast is very good. But if you want to know portuguese food and culture you should boom the dinner which is home made and delicious. In brief is the best hostel I had ever been even better than many hotels.

Thanks João and Marta for being great hosts, I loved the homely atmosphere of the hostel and the dinner on Friday was a real highlight, it was so great to try real homemade Portuguese food in a family atmosphere and meet some young Brazilian and Mexican people. It's a great environment you've created, keep it up.

Absolutely the best hostel I have ever live. The hosts are very nice, the location is so good and the hostel is cozy, making me feel like home. Really recommand this hostel to every one!!

Owner's (Joao) hospitality exceeded all expectations and hostel was very clean, modern and nice. I stayed with my partner at double room which was more convenient than the one in many 2-3 stars hotels. Location seemed to be on a quiet street so there wasn't noisy at night time. Still it wasn't a too long way to nearest metro station or to river bank either. I have nothing to complain.

Gaia Porto Hostel was one of my favorite hostels. The kindness of João and Marta, the hosts, was amazing. The accommodations are extremely good and everything is really clean and well cared. I totally recommend this hostel. Good rooms, beds, bathrooms, internet, laundry, excellent breakfast, it is very well located and many other good things, for a really good price.

Wonderful hostel, more like a boutique hotel than a hostel and beautifully appointed. Lovely warm showers after a day's travelling or a day walking in the city. Great food if you choose to stay for dinner (do). Easy to get to using the metro directly from the airport. João and Marta are wonderful hosts who are multilingual and also give great advice of what to do and where to go.

• 17th Oct 2014

Everything was perfect. Very family-like atmosphere.

• 16th Oct 2014

GREAT place with GREAT hosts. They truly make you feel like family and we had a very large comfortable bed and good blackout curtains for when we wanted to sleep in. Bathrooms were very clean with very nice showers. Getting there is a pretty big uphill walk and most attractions are on the side of the river but otherwise everything about this hostel is excellent.

It's a really nice and cosy hostel. Everything you need is available. Every morning there is a delicious breakfast with homebaked cake! João and Martha do everything they can to let you feel at home. No question is to much, they will always try to help. This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff went over and above to help you, the hostel itself is beautiful, breakfast was delicious! 100% rating easy!

Such a great hostel!!! The rooms were beautiful, the kitchen and bathrooms were new and we're kept extremely clean and the hostel had a great atmosphere. We honestly could not have asked for more, it's definetely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Thankyou for such a great stay :)

• 23rd Sep 2014

Excellent hostel run by a really lovely local couple, feels more like a boutique hotel than a hostel, great location on the Gaia side of the river about a 10 minute walk from the riverside. Great breakfast. Just beware that the street name exists in both Porto & Gaia which is the Abbeyside to Dungarvan in Porto but is equally as nice as the other side of the river. Highly recommended.

Porto charmed us to the core during our visit, certainly in part due to the hospitality of Marta and Joao. Out of all my various hostel stays, GaiaPorto was the place where I have felt truly hosted. The owner-managers Marta and Joao are fantastic, always present to help, excited to give recommendations (which never once failed us) tailored to your specific interests and pace. The place is very clean, quiet, and the view from the garden is as-advertised. Just a very personal and homey atmosphere.

• 8th Sep 2014

Really good hostel!

I love tha place! From garden is the best view to Porto. It's not the hostel just for party people (but for them too its near to center like 10 min walking) but its very good if you want to spend romantic moments with your secound half :) and they give for breakfast the best croissant in the city :p for sure was first but not our last time in this cool place !

• 31st Aug 2014