Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

We loved the caipi hour! Thanks!

There are two houses, for the so called "dog house", the key system seems to be an issue, having to contact the people at the bar in front to open the house. If the bar is not open, one has to go to the other house to get someone (who is not always willing), to open the house.

We do take the customers security very seriously so only allow guests in the dog house.For this reason we prefer to be the ones responsible for the opening of the front door.This may seem extra work for our staff but they are use to it,Im surprised the guest felt they we unwilling this would be the first time one has said this .

Best breakfast in brazil so far, scrambled egg and sausage along with all other usual suspects! Good location & good place for solo traveller , also free caprinyas everyday is great,you can get 4 if your a fast drinker, shame about the mosquitos in the garden but its expected i guess !

Amazing, perfect location, large breakfast with coffee, juice and eggs! great staff.

• 1st Jul 2015

Great vibe, helpful staff, nice facilities, great breakfast and good location. What else can you ask for :)

We stayed in a private room for two nights and it was a great. It also has a private bathroom which is a bit small, but the room was quite big and everything was very clean. The breakfast was really great and we also loved the free Caipirinhas. The hostel is also well located, you right in the old town and can explore everything easily from there.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Spain

best atmosphere of any hostel I've ever stayed in!! met so many awesome people! was there for 4 nights and I wish I could have stayed longer. and I wish I could have taken the dog home with me haha!

I could not rate this hostel highly enough-it was perfect and every hostel on the planet should aspire to deliver the same standard of comfort, cleanliness, warmth and all round fantasticness. I felt as though I had entered a very cared for, relaxed and beautiful home, I could not have felt more comfortable. The resident dog is incredibly cute, not to mention very funny and Barbara, Alberto and the Zulu team of women were just lovely. The hostel made my trip, and the breakfast was SENSATIONAL.

Great Hostel Nice Location breakfast was REEEEALY good and Caipi Time just Amazing good Atmosphere BUT they REEEEALY Need To do something about the mosquitos !!!

• 20th May 2015

The atmosphere is great, staff is very helpfull and friendly and the hostel is very well located.

First of all we were in love with the hostel's dog Spartacus! The hostel is right in the middle of the old town, great location. Hostel staff were very helpful with recommendations and the free capirhina happy hour was awesome!

Perfect location in the historical center of Salvador. The best things about the hostel: Huge breakfast, pool to enjoy the free Caipi hour from 17:15 - 18:15, which enables you to meet a lot of new people to go out later. Worst thing: Only one bath room for a 10 bed dorm. Conclusion: Perfect place to relax and meet new people in the middle of the historical center

Had the most amazing time there, spacious rooms and a really good social area outside. Spartan won our hearts :-) Thank you for everything!

Great area, lots of Mosquitos, good breakfast.

Good spot. Very clean. Amazing location.

Happy hour and breakfast is hard to beat here, a great spot to meet people. Some staff friendly, some not. If you stay in the doghouse where all the double rooms are, you have to bother the staff at a nearby restaurant every time you go in or out, this gets really tiring for everybody. I understand security is priority in this place, but.....a better system run from the main hostel would be good. When I came back to Salvador, I stayed at another hostel for this reason.

Lovely Hostel. Very laid back & professional. House dog Spartacus is the added bonus. Will stay here surely if & when I return to Salvador.....

Excellent hostel, everything very professional. Only reason I didn't give it 100% was we didn't have hot water in our room for the duration of our stay, Apart from that, perfect. Caipirinha night is a super idea and great for meeting people.

I've done three major trips in three years but never before extended my stay at a hostel four times. This place is a hidden gem! The vibe is good, the location is need in downtown Pelourinho and the staff is really helpful. Paulo the owner has great In-depth local knowledge. Salvador is amazing and I completely fell in love with the place while using Galeria 13 as my base. Normally I never review, but these guys deserve it. Thanks for the caipirinhas, good breakfast and smiles! /Lars, DK

Nice place to stay, well located in the historic center of Salvador. Very helpful staff, gives you lots of advice about what to do in the city and beyond. Very good breakfast and you can enjoy it until midday.