Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

Great location, very helpful and nice staff. Rooms are a bit too hot inside for Salvador's usual weather.

This was our first visit to Salvador and we were lucky enough to spend it in Hostel Galeria 13. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by friendly staff who were extremely attentive to our needs. The best thing about this hostel has to be the sense of community that it comes with. We came as a pair but made new friends to socialise with nearly every day and night! You are set up for the day with a hearty breakfast and the rooms are cleaned thoroughly each day. We did NOT want to leave!!!

The owner was reasonable in accommodating the changes to our reservation and not double charging us

• 13th Jan 2015

The room was so stuffy and dusty (and there are 2 dogs on the property) I suffered from allergy and couldn't sleep all night. Had to check out a night early as I couldn't breath, but the non English speaking lady manning the reception in the morning still charged me for the night I didn't stay. I tried to explain that I had allergy but she would have none of it. don't stay here if you have any allergies to dust or dogs.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

If you have alergies to pets then of course its not the best choice,but we do say on our sites.The dogs are not in the rooms.air con goes on when a guests go to sleep,i did ask and .she did not want the air con so???? Of course if you have a situation out of the normal we would consider canceling,the lady on Breakfast at 0600 in the morning can not really be expected to understand that a guest has an alergy,but she can suggest they wait ,the guest did not want to,so we never knew.

This is how to run a hostel and the best one I have stayed at in Brazil. Breakfast is amazing and until 12 which is unheard of and the free caipirinah's at 17.15 not to be missed. Zulu and Spartan are great too - they like lots of well deserved attention.

I was really happy to stay here. It is on the centre of the old town,the staff were super helpful and free caipirinha hour was immense!!! I'd totally stay again!!

A nice place for meeting people! All the staff were nice and friendly and the location is also good! I do recommend!

i'd recommend this hostel it's a great vibe of international travelers!

• 3rd Jan 2015

This is a great spot, staff are all really friendly and helpful!! Favorite hostel during my Brazil trip for sure

Pros : Well located very clean hostel with the best breakfast ever. Free Caipirinha from 5:15 to 6:15. Cons : Stinky dogs

The hostel was in a really great position in the middle of the historic town. Couldn't ask for a better location! The staff were amazing - so lovely, so friendly and so helpful. The owner Paulo is an incredible host. The two dogs are so cute and I loved having them around, they are also top of the line security guards. More fans are definitely needed in the rooms as they get really hot. Overall, a really great stay and Paulo really makes you feel at home.

very cool guests so very easy to look after but they know that

Great hostel with lovely staff and a good location in the historical center. Breakfast and the caipirinhas were amazing! Thanks for eveything!

The hostel was really well placed, in the heart of Pelourinho (best Salavador district). Atmosphere was great, with swimming pool, a cozy hall where they serve free caipirinha from 6 to 7 pm. The staff was really professional and friendly. The rooms was spacious and clean and the breakfast always good and fresh. The hostel got a join venture with a near delicious restaurant. One of the best hostel I visited!

• 20th Nov 2014

We had a great time here, the staff were all lovely and there was a good atmosphere. We loved the amount of guide books available to browse and the amazing breakfasts! The only addition could have been a small kitchen for guests. Although the food at the zulu restaurant was incredible. Thanks Galeria 13!

Overall it's a good place to stay. Owner can come off as not caring about you but after a while, you'll realize that it's simply his style. He cares about his place (very clean) although the two big dogs are on the messy side. The strongest points: breakfast (a good one) until noon, free caipirinhas from 5-6pm, and a nice patio with a (tiny) swimming pool. On the things to know prior to booking side, no kitchen and limited indoor common area (especially noticeable when it's raining outside)

I stayed in this hostel for several nights. The location is perfect, great breakfast, comfortable dorms, the overall hostel is clean, the atmosphere is nice (free caipirinhas every day)... However the staff is rude and not nice at all (hostel and restaurant) and not helping (doesn't keep updated of what is happening in salvador). Other disadvantage: no way to cook in this hostel and the discounts on the restaurant's menu for the hostel's clients are ridiculous.

• 12th Nov 2014

We wrote to each other a few emails after her reveiw .It was catually very helpful to understand why she had this impression.some of her travel buddies were a little difficult so she probably got some of the back lash from the staff dealing with them . She actually loved the food in our bar just there was no discount on the dishes she selected,so please ask if you go to Zulu.an event that we advertised did not happen the hostel can not take the blame for events being canceled with no warning.

Lovely hostel in a great location. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, overall good value for money!

Hostel Galeria 13 is the best hostel I've stayed to, not only in Brazil, but worldwide! Clean, super safe, best staff, best location, best breakfast, best place to meet other travelers especially with free Happy hour and pool! One of my Brazil's highlights! Thanks again!!

• 7th Nov 2014

Great hostel!

Most social and busiest hostel we've stayed in after 5 weeks in Brazil - really nice vibe and cool chill out areas.

« first « Prev 1 2 3