Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

perfect! :)

One of the best hostels I have been!

Had a great stay at galeria. Nice staff, nice room, good facilities and great pool!

Room was nice. But no soap supplied, which seemed wired especially for over 100 USD. Breakfast good and free 5 pm drink was great. Owner was not the nicest guy in the world. Maybe he needs a vacation,

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We are still a hostel and the room at todays exchange rate is us$66 so who really appreciates a paper thin soap that does not even froth up.

This the best hostel you could choose to stay at in Salvador. The breakfast is amazing and lasts till 12. Also free caipirinhas for one hour are bomb. As long as you are respectful of the rules you'll have a great time. With the free drinks and huge breakfast, this is the best value for the money you could get. Stay here!!!

Great location and a very social and friendly hostel. highly recommend!

• 17th Feb 2014

Nice people and nice pleace. I will get back there :)

Breakfast finishes at noon, need I say more.

We loved the excellent breakfast and the long breakfast hours. We also loved the happy hour.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Austria

I highly recommend this hostel. The breakfast is awesome, the best of all hostels I stayed during my trip in the north-east part of Brazil. The rooms are super-clean, the staff is really concerned about this, which is great. So even if I stayed in a 10-people room I didn't feel it dirty at all but really clean. The happy-hour time is a great time to socialize, the best of all hostels. In there I met the group of people which stayed with me during the whole stay.

• 4th Feb 2014

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. I never leave reviews but I did for Galeria 13 because it is truely outstanding service, facilities and personnel, and customers. I loved the people I met there and although that is more of a variable than a constant, I think this place does attract a lot of movement of cool people that it's worth meeting.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Mauritius

very nice!! ! more sockets /steckdosen would be useful! ...and less dogs!!! especially the breakfast and the pool and the caipirinha happy hour are upgrading the hostel! more hostels should have these services! :-)

• 27th Jan 2014

Great, friendly hostel. Good breakfast and nice staff, would definitely come back again. And the caprahina hour works amazingly well in meeting fellow travellers. It's a must!

• 18th Jan 2014

Nice cozy hostel in the heart of the old town. Very well located, in a safe area, full of police all day and night long. The staff is great, especially the cook ladies. Not impressed by the owner attitude. A bit rude. Smile more dude...

Its great to see all my training and my watchful eye makes the hostel such a great place to stay Of course all those hours can be tiring but that is not the customers problem but they could perhaps weigh up those facts a little when making a criticism. Clowns dont do not tend to be good organisers

BGreat location! Nice big room with ac. Caipi happy hour was awesome. But we missed a kitchen to cook.

• 13th Jan 2014

Amazing atmosphere, great for lonely travelers! Very clean (I counted 4/5 times per day someone cleaning the bathroom), amazing place to hang out, (Free Caipirinha hour with a pool...), brazilian movies and great breakfast. Music is everywhere and nightlife around Pelourinho is a blast!

• 10th Jan 2014

Great place to stay in Pelourhino, great location and facilities, the breakfast is excellent. There is also a really cool to relax with caipirinas.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The staff make the most for you to feel comfortable. They have a guide about where to go/eat/drink in the city, they can give tips about everything, and the Caipirinha happy hour every day is amazing! All rooms have AC and it really helps at night. They have two dogs so don't go there if you don't like dogs. Also, some spots at Pelourinho are quite dangerous, so just make sure you know were theses spots are and don't walk alone at night.

Tottally amazing. This is a place where everyone must stay. Staff paolo and alberto are soo helpful, and they have a little book for a variety of activities. Free caiprinha in the afternoon is great. Outside pool which is great in the heat. Alot of space in the dorm and its air conditioned. Love this place.also if you are scared of dogs maybe not the place for you, 2 dogs are the mascot zulu and spatan.

Had a very chilled time at Hostel Galeria 13 over Christmas 2013. What I liked most was the communal outside space which made it really nice for meeting and chatting to new people, and the Caipirinha happy hour. Great breakfast. And although I had reservations about being in a 10 bed dorm, I was more or less lucky (with one brief and not so bad exception) of the other guests being considerate and quiet.

• 23rd Dec 2013