Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

Great staying here, the host was great and helped you understand what Salvador has to offer. The free caiprinhas are a great way to make friends, also the location was great in regards to sight seeing and going out. Would 100% recommend coming back

• 2nd Feb 2015

Breakfast was excellent, happy hour great, the pool was awesome and I met some really cool people here. But the staff well they need to improve.

Really nice atmosphere in the hostel - the caipirinha hour meant everyone met together then and hung out all evening which was nice. Our room at the top had a much smaller bathroom (and a bit dirtier due to small size) than room below but was by no means bad. Staff were a little uptight - we weren't allowed to move chairs around- little things like that were annoying but overall they were helpful. Would really recommend this place though had an amazing time!

• 25th Jan 2015

Good hostel for backpackers, good place for meeting people, good breakfast, good location. You cant cook in the kitchen, I think it's the only probleM

Great location, very helpful and nice staff. Rooms are a bit too hot inside for Salvador's usual weather.

Thank you for the good time and for helping us to get our lost backpacks back.

• 19th Jan 2015

We spent good days in hostel galeria 13! Breakfast was really great and we met a lot of people. If you want meet people go to galeria 13.

This was our first visit to Salvador and we were lucky enough to spend it in Hostel Galeria 13. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by friendly staff who were extremely attentive to our needs. The best thing about this hostel has to be the sense of community that it comes with. We came as a pair but made new friends to socialise with nearly every day and night! You are set up for the day with a hearty breakfast and the rooms are cleaned thoroughly each day. We did NOT want to leave!!!

The owner was reasonable in accommodating the changes to our reservation and not double charging us

• 13th Jan 2015

The room was so stuffy and dusty (and there are 2 dogs on the property) I suffered from allergy and couldn't sleep all night. Had to check out a night early as I couldn't breath, but the non English speaking lady manning the reception in the morning still charged me for the night I didn't stay. I tried to explain that I had allergy but she would have none of it. don't stay here if you have any allergies to dust or dogs.

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

If you have alergies to pets then of course its not the best choice,but we do say on our sites.The dogs are not in the rooms.air con goes on when a guests go to sleep,i did ask and .she did not want the air con so???? Of course if you have a situation out of the normal we would consider canceling,the lady on Breakfast at 0600 in the morning can not really be expected to understand that a guest has an alergy,but she can suggest they wait ,the guest did not want to,so we never knew.

This is how to run a hostel and the best one I have stayed at in Brazil. Breakfast is amazing and until 12 which is unheard of and the free caipirinah's at 17.15 not to be missed. Zulu and Spartan are great too - they like lots of well deserved attention.

I was really happy to stay here. It is on the centre of the old town,the staff were super helpful and free caipirinha hour was immense!!! I'd totally stay again!!

A nice place for meeting people! All the staff were nice and friendly and the location is also good! I do recommend!

A great hostel in a prime location. It has a good atmosphere and is perfect for solo travelers. Amazing breakfast and free caipirinhas!

i'd recommend this hostel it's a great vibe of international travelers!

• 3rd Jan 2015

This is a great spot, staff are all really friendly and helpful!! Favorite hostel during my Brazil trip for sure

Pros : Well located very clean hostel with the best breakfast ever. Free Caipirinha from 5:15 to 6:15. Cons : Stinky dogs

The hostel was in a really great position in the middle of the historic town. Couldn't ask for a better location! The staff were amazing - so lovely, so friendly and so helpful. The owner Paulo is an incredible host. The two dogs are so cute and I loved having them around, they are also top of the line security guards. More fans are definitely needed in the rooms as they get really hot. Overall, a really great stay and Paulo really makes you feel at home.

very cool guests so very easy to look after but they know that

Great hostel with lovely staff and a good location in the historical center. Breakfast and the caipirinhas were amazing! Thanks for eveything!

The hostel was really well placed, in the heart of Pelourinho (best Salavador district). Atmosphere was great, with swimming pool, a cozy hall where they serve free caipirinha from 6 to 7 pm. The staff was really professional and friendly. The rooms was spacious and clean and the breakfast always good and fresh. The hostel got a join venture with a near delicious restaurant. One of the best hostel I visited!