Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

Nice people and nice pleace. I will get back there :)

Breakfast finishes at noon, need I say more.

We loved the excellent breakfast and the long breakfast hours. We also loved the happy hour.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Austria

I highly recommend this hostel. The breakfast is awesome, the best of all hostels I stayed during my trip in the north-east part of Brazil. The rooms are super-clean, the staff is really concerned about this, which is great. So even if I stayed in a 10-people room I didn't feel it dirty at all but really clean. The happy-hour time is a great time to socialize, the best of all hostels. In there I met the group of people which stayed with me during the whole stay.

• 4th Feb 2014

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. I never leave reviews but I did for Galeria 13 because it is truely outstanding service, facilities and personnel, and customers. I loved the people I met there and although that is more of a variable than a constant, I think this place does attract a lot of movement of cool people that it's worth meeting.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Mauritius

very nice!! ! more sockets /steckdosen would be useful! ...and less dogs!!! especially the breakfast and the pool and the caipirinha happy hour are upgrading the hostel! more hostels should have these services! :-)

• 27th Jan 2014

Great, friendly hostel. Good breakfast and nice staff, would definitely come back again. And the caprahina hour works amazingly well in meeting fellow travellers. It's a must!

• 18th Jan 2014

Nice cozy hostel in the heart of the old town. Very well located, in a safe area, full of police all day and night long. The staff is great, especially the cook ladies. Not impressed by the owner attitude. A bit rude. Smile more dude...

Its great to see all my training and my watchful eye makes the hostel such a great place to stay Of course all those hours can be tiring but that is not the customers problem but they could perhaps weigh up those facts a little when making a criticism. Clowns dont do not tend to be good organisers

BGreat location! Nice big room with ac. Caipi happy hour was awesome. But we missed a kitchen to cook.

• 13th Jan 2014

Amazing atmosphere, great for lonely travelers! Very clean (I counted 4/5 times per day someone cleaning the bathroom), amazing place to hang out, (Free Caipirinha hour with a pool...), brazilian movies and great breakfast. Music is everywhere and nightlife around Pelourinho is a blast!

• 10th Jan 2014

Great place to stay in Pelourhino, great location and facilities, the breakfast is excellent. There is also a really cool to relax with caipirinas.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The staff make the most for you to feel comfortable. They have a guide about where to go/eat/drink in the city, they can give tips about everything, and the Caipirinha happy hour every day is amazing! All rooms have AC and it really helps at night. They have two dogs so don't go there if you don't like dogs. Also, some spots at Pelourinho are quite dangerous, so just make sure you know were theses spots are and don't walk alone at night.

Tottally amazing. This is a place where everyone must stay. Staff paolo and alberto are soo helpful, and they have a little book for a variety of activities. Free caiprinha in the afternoon is great. Outside pool which is great in the heat. Alot of space in the dorm and its air conditioned. Love this place.also if you are scared of dogs maybe not the place for you, 2 dogs are the mascot zulu and spatan.

Had a very chilled time at Hostel Galeria 13 over Christmas 2013. What I liked most was the communal outside space which made it really nice for meeting and chatting to new people, and the Caipirinha happy hour. Great breakfast. And although I had reservations about being in a 10 bed dorm, I was more or less lucky (with one brief and not so bad exception) of the other guests being considerate and quiet.

• 23rd Dec 2013

The atmosphere was really nice , except for the owner that should not stay there, he is unpolite. Never happens to me.

what could have it been ?perhaps when breakfast was being taken in at 1200 and you wanted to make another sandwich i asked if you wanted more and you said "no i want to make some for dinner time "and i laughed and said no!

Hostel Galeria 13 does a fantastic job. Breakfast is amazing, Brazillian style with proper juice and eggs. The Caipi happy hour is also a great feature, it gets everyone together over a few drinks so it is easy to meet people and arrange the night ahead. It is also a great feature that the rooms are away from the social area so you are not kept awake by the noise. This is an easy hostel to recommend.

• 20th Dec 2013

Loved this place. Comfy, the dorm had plenty of space, free caipirinhas, fantastic breakfast, cozy common rooms, very helpful and smiling staff, great location. This is the perfect example of what the perfect hostel is!

The best hostel I stayed in in South America. The evening cocktails were greatly appreciated and everyone who came to the hostel was interesting. The hostel is in the centre of the city, which although slightly dangerous, is the place to be in Salvador. Come for Tuesday nights to Salvador for the incredible street party in the Pelourinho, you will never forget it!

Congrats lads... You all work the best you can to make sure to facilitate everybody's life in Salvador. My deep congratulations to you, for all the help and advices including the concert for Baiana System which was amazing. Regards. Mario.

No kitchen for guests