Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

Had a very chilled time at Hostel Galeria 13 over Christmas 2013. What I liked most was the communal outside space which made it really nice for meeting and chatting to new people, and the Caipirinha happy hour. Great breakfast. And although I had reservations about being in a 10 bed dorm, I was more or less lucky (with one brief and not so bad exception) of the other guests being considerate and quiet.

• 23rd Dec 2013

The atmosphere was really nice , except for the owner that should not stay there, he is unpolite. Never happens to me.

what could have it been ?perhaps when breakfast was being taken in at 1200 and you wanted to make another sandwich i asked if you wanted more and you said "no i want to make some for dinner time "and i laughed and said no!

Hostel Galeria 13 does a fantastic job. Breakfast is amazing, Brazillian style with proper juice and eggs. The Caipi happy hour is also a great feature, it gets everyone together over a few drinks so it is easy to meet people and arrange the night ahead. It is also a great feature that the rooms are away from the social area so you are not kept awake by the noise. This is an easy hostel to recommend.

• 20th Dec 2013

Loved this place. Comfy, the dorm had plenty of space, free caipirinhas, fantastic breakfast, cozy common rooms, very helpful and smiling staff, great location. This is the perfect example of what the perfect hostel is!

The best hostel I stayed in in South America. The evening cocktails were greatly appreciated and everyone who came to the hostel was interesting. The hostel is in the centre of the city, which although slightly dangerous, is the place to be in Salvador. Come for Tuesday nights to Salvador for the incredible street party in the Pelourinho, you will never forget it!

Congrats lads... You all work the best you can to make sure to facilitate everybody's life in Salvador. My deep congratulations to you, for all the help and advices including the concert for Baiana System which was amazing. Regards. Mario.

No kitchen for guests

Great hostel - friendly atmosphere, very easy to meet other travellers, lots of helpful information in the hostel's own guide book. Breakfast is excellent (and complimentary if you arrive early), although the addition of jam would be welcome! Our private double room was in the Dog House which is around the corner from the main hostel. Happy hour caipirinhas were brilliant.

Free Caipi Hour, close to all touristic sights, nice place to meet people when travelling alone; The breakfast (8-12) is the best I had in Brasil with tons of fruits,juices, scrambled eggs... I just didnt like the dogs :-/ but this is because of dogs in general, not especially these ones ;)

Great breakfast. Very helpful staff

was ok. the stuff was not always at his friendliest way. There aredrug addictes laying in front of the door. The hostel rcommends some tours, but let us unclear what the content is.

We offer one walking tour provided by a third party around the old city ,there is a comments book regarding what everybody thinks.Its great and costs only r$10 for over 2 hours.There are drug addicts all over Brasil ,if the government can not sort the problem out there is not a lot we can do if they decide to use the road near us.They do not mess with our clients.it seems it might of been hard to please this customer

A seriously good hostel.

Galeria 13 is located in Pelourinho, the musical area of Salvador, but quite dangerous. I loved Galeria 13's atmosphere, there was a lot of bonding among people and we went out in a group of 15-20 people, which was really cool and made everyone feel safer in the area. I don't know if I would stay in Pelourinho again, just for a couple of nights a week, but if so, definitely in Galeria 13. Paulo, the owner is great, a bit crusty ;) but a great person, as well as the breakfast ladies.

Facilities were great! Hostel was in one of the best locations in the city. I would definitely recommend it to other travlers. The only downside was one of the staff members who seemed very hostile when you asked him questions like where the Itau bank was.... but maybe he was just having a bad week, who knows. I loved the free caipirinha hour, it was a great way to meet other travelers!

Really friendly hostel, great location in the old town. Amazing breakfast served till midday, great cake and eggs. Happy hour with free caprinhas is a great way to meet people in the hostel. The doghouse rather warm as we had no air con and could do with stronger lights. We stayed in a double in the main building which was huge and bright, a double in the doghouse which too was a decent size and a dorm in the doghouse. All beds decent. No kitchen.

It was far the best hostel that I have visited. The staff the owner and the dogs are amazing, always caring about us and making us feel comfortable and very welcomed. Me and my friends loved our time there and for sure we would stay there again.

Very goog hostel to stay in Salvador. Staff and the are great !

The free capirinha hour made sure that you meet all the guests in the hostel and creates a great atmosphere. The location is great for sightseeing the historical center. Good breakfast!

The atmosphere in this hostel is very friendly and welcoming. The hosts are very kind and helpful with suggestions. The breakfast buffet is just amazing!!

Lovely clean friendly hostel right in the heart of it all, huge lush breakfast till 12, free caipirinhas at 5, sweet friendly dogs and friendly helpful staff all at a decent price!

• 10th Nov 2013