Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

Swimming pool and Breakfast are really good points for this hostel. The location is good even if the neighborhood is not that safe.

We stayed in a private room, with a nice bathroom but situated a about 50m from the main hostel (not really a problem), itself located in the very center. The breakfast is very good (and until noon !) and the free caipi is great. The staff was very nice too. A good stay !

an outstanding hostel with a really nice staff and a really caring owner, For Paulo it is very important that his guests feel comfortabale and welcomed in his hostel and in Salvador. He always takes time to talk to his guests and give recommendations. we felt like staying at a friends place. really nice guy! the atmosphere is awesome and the free caipirinhas are great! the delicious breakfast with a lot of fruits can be taken till noon. the facilities are quite good.

Nice place, nice stay!

One of the best hostel's I've stayed at. Facilities were great but staff (and breakfast and capi's) were even better! Thanks Paulo and team

This has been the best hostel we've ever stayed at.

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Colombia

Security problems are not a privilege of the hostel. It's a reality in most of the Brazilian capitals. I enjoyed my stay and I'd certainly stay at Galeria 13 a second time.

I can ensure you that you will hardly get more helpful staff than these people. We could see that the owner was very caring about his hostel and its reviews. If you're looking for a place to stay in Salvador's historical centre, this definitely seems the place to be, especially if you don't speak Portuguese. Practical and simple advice: don't use plastic cups. It accumulates more bacteria than glass and it completely spoils the taste of drinks with plastic smell (gets more intense with washing)

Great atmosphere and nice people. We were informed by staff of all the nice things to do in town. Awesome Caipirinha Happy Hour!

The only downside was not having access to a kitchen.

I've stayed at this hostel three times in one trip through Brazil, and I guess that kind of sums up what I think of this hostel. The staff is amazing, owner Paolo can be a little bit distant in the beginning but if you put in some effort you'll grow on him.:) He has two amazing dogs. Staff is very helpful and friendly too. Stayed in two different dorms and they both were fine. Airco in the room which is awesome with hot weather. Atmosphere in this hostel is amazing. My home away from home!

• 24th Aug 2013

Very good hostel!! The staff is really friendly, the location is good, breakfast is lovely and the atmosphere is amazing. Go here!

• 23rd Aug 2013

Central and quiet location. Very secure even in the dorms, respect of all guest to each other. Great possibilities to meet other people from all around the world by having breakfast and free caipirinha together. I met new friends and we organised things together during our stay in Salvador. Very charming and relaxing rooms and areas to be together, excellent service. You can get organised a lot of thinkgs by the staff like tours etc. I will definetly come back if I return to Salvador.

Very lovely place in Salvador. Well situated, staff very friendly and probably the best place to meet people if you do a road trip in Brazil. I recommend !

• 20th Aug 2013

Unfortunately, I had to catch an early flight so I missed out the "famous" breakfast. I really enjoyed the caipirinha happy hour as everybody was there and then we hung out all together in the Pelourinho, nice initiative!

• 19th Aug 2013

Best breakfast I've had at a hostel in Brazil. Thick fresh juices and eggs amongst other things!

I had a really nice time in Galeria 13. The breakfast is definitely the best I had in six weeks in Brazil. Free caipirinha hour is also a great idea. Chill out space is okay but when it's raining as it was a lot when I was there you couldn't use the outside very much! Definitely the place to stay in Salvador!

When you arrive at the hostel, the first thing you see is the "patio". With green plants, flowers, wooden tables. It is very nice and cosy. The pool is tiny but really pretty. The beds are confortable. The staff is welcoming and professional. I hope to go back to Salvador so as to be able to go back to Galeria 13 !!

• 14th Aug 2013

Hostel galeria was great! Wonderful staff, great atmosphere and perfect location!

• 13th Aug 2013

The hostel is very nice, the swimming pool is a brilliant idea. The breakfast (which is very important for me, although i don't eat eggs during it) is EXCELLENT. Is easy to get to the hostel, the staff was very helpful and kind all the time.