Hostel Galeria 13

Superb 1485 Total Reviews
Superb 1485 Total Reviews

21st Apr 2017
7.1

Staff is super cool. Place is fairly social and free happy hour daily is a plus. Breakfast is decent. Location is in the middle of historic center. (Keep in mind this area is sketchy at night). The beds in my room were uncomfortable and not very sturdy. I was top bunk with another set of beds touching via headboards. Any time either of us got up the whole bed frame would shake more than reasonably. Enough to wake u up. Bottom line get new beds and place would be a much better stay

21st Apr 2017

I enjoyed my stay here til the fullest, it is in a very good location that is close to everything that you need and wants to see. The staff are super helpful and made my stay the best it could be, and with the Caiprinha hour it was very easy to get to know the others staying here, which was important for me travelling alone. I would definitely stay here when I come back one time in the future, and I would highly recommend this Hostel to everyone wanting a good experience in this beautiful city!

19th Apr 2017

One of the best hostels during our nine-month-trip in South America! Very good located in the center of the beautiful Salvador. The staff is very nice and helpful, Wifi works good. Best breakfast during the whole trip! Very good atmosphere and free cocktails in the evening. Unfortunately there is no common kitchen, but the wonderful restaurant Zulu with the best vegetarian Moqueca belongs to the hostel. Highly recommended!!!

27th Mar 2017

Great hostel! The staff and the owner are very friendly and helpful

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
20th Mar 2017

We stayed here after an awful stay at Acai. It was much better, clean and secure. The hostel owner also owns an excellent restaurant outside where you can get discounts. Would highly recommend.

18th Mar 2017

What can be said about this place, seriously fantastic hostel and easily one of the best in South America. Jonathan, Yamu and the rest of the staff work tirelessly to make it a great environment where everyone has fun and enjoys Salvador. I visited the hostel 3 times and desperately missed it after leaving. Dorm rooms are perfect, breakfast is brilliant and lasts until noon and then you have the pool to relax and enjoy the happy hour cocktails. And they have pizza until the early hours! Partha

• Australia, Male, 25-30
17th Mar 2017

Great location, good social areas including a swimming pool to relax around. The staff here are extra friendly and helpful plus a descent breakfast to top it off. Highly recommend staying here if in salvador.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
17th Mar 2017
5.4

The place is overrated in my point of view. Its a standard, rather poorly maintained party-hostel. The best way to avoid any brazilian cultural experience and stay only with "gringos" is to go to this place.

Hostel Galeria 13 is one of the most popular hostels in the Historic Center. We offer a comfortable and safe place for travelers to relax, have fun, feel at home, and share their cultural experiences which happen just outside our doors. We are constantly working to maintain and improve our historic 'casarão'. Recently, we have added an entire solar panel system for heating water. We'll continue investing in projects that help local sustainability. We have also just completed the installation of a dedicated line for the internet. Another example of how we go above and beyond for our guests. We appreciate all feedback and hope this response has been able to fully address any concerns.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017
7.1

Okay hostel. Johnathan was great. Breakfast was okay. Just average beds and small space. Not close to baha

• England, Female, 31-40
1st Mar 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Galeria 13! Everything from the staff, food, location and atmosphere was great! Salvador is so far one my favourite places I have stayed in! :)